Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How interesting, so much thanks about the info, it's really helpful to me.
    "He thought I'd betray my people, leave them to die. But he was wrong, so wrong. I will do my duty. For I am a king."
    -Raidriar

|Total 5:1|MX-Eliminator|Leg Fighter Pro|Ultimate God King Slayer|
    Percentage for every combo/hit - Every Class List
    Guide of every Hit Bound Break Window and Perfect Block/Parry caps

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
    Late OG is more difficult than late NG.

The first 3 or 4 NGs are harder than anything before rebirth 150, but after that NG doesn't stand a chance at being as hard as OG. This is especially true if you are efficient with climbing the GK ladder. Another thing which makes OG harder is that you have to fight increasingly harder bosses each rebirth while often in NG you often don't fight a boss at all and just throw a fight to Thane.

NG's only distinct edge in difficulty is that shield points disappear faster, but I believe that's the only factor. Also, in NG the hardest part of each cycle is the Zen garden because you don't have elemental protection, but that point is cancelled out by the fact that many of us in OG are fighting without resistance gems to keep ourselves sharp and also to insure slightly faster fights due to being able to use the special more often.
    Some facts I know about NG+:
    1. You need much higher magic to get to better re-cast rate. In NG^5, 100 magic points takes about 43sec to re-cast, 400 takes about 23sec (tested against Thane v3 with resistance gem, no block or dodge or parry at all). In OG 100 magic takes 19sec to recast (what I read from your research)
    2. You can choose to advance in NG without mastering everything, which makes NG very hard for Zen garden regardless of NG^? you are in. E.g. I don't know how Voice can beat lvl 5000 shade with bearly character level 600+, seems impossible to me. But I agree Zen garden is always the hardest for NG+ without App Gold.
    3. About shield points, you only need 1 shield point left to fully block damage. So a shield regen potion will solve the problem for light, and a parry or taken hit will allow another block for heavy.
    4. I believe OG has 372 stats points (not 272). Also, if you compare NG Zen garden with OG GK (which are their hardest fight), OG has more stats points than 372 because:
    - NG stats points = base stats points + 5 (attack from sword) + 8 (health from armor) = base stats + 13
    - OG stats points = 372 + 2(1 atk and 1 health when level 1) + 245(weapon) + 25(helm) + 100(armor) + 1650+(11 attack gems) + benefits from (80% health heal every 20sec) = 2394+ stats points + benefits
    - In addition, in NG, health is used for first 3 fights without healing (you can always get a full health potion after 3rd titan)
    - Block is not discussed here because assume weapon is dual for OG
    So you can see ratio is not so relevant here because OG has 2394 stats points with level 81 (gives you a high ratio). In NG you probably will have that many stats points with level 400+ (I have 990 stats points at level 172).
    If you compare GK ratio between NG and OG, you can only add about 650 stats points for NG (IB + Armor + Helm, they are easy to get), because all round gem slots probably need to be magic gems (if you are lucky enough to get them at all). Also you normally heal probably every 40 sec (not sure how long in high NGs). More on that, about 1/13 stats points need to be in magic for heal to be effective at all (health-attack-magic ratio of 2-10-1)

With respect, I understand OG can get very difficult at high rebirth, but I think high NG is no less (unless you master everything, which will surely take you out of the game before you advance to higher NGs)
    Let me know if any of above doesn't make sense. I will be very interested to know.

Redeemer

Overarching question: Is late NG as hard as late OG?

- I say no, but will welcome and document any further counterarguments in the OP (which is still very behind I know).

1. You need much higher magic to get to better re-cast rate. In NG^5, 100 magic points takes about 43sec to re-cast, 400 takes about 23sec (tested against Thane v3 with resistance gem, no block or dodge or parry at all). In OG 100 magic takes 19sec to recast (what I read from your research)

- In OG you need 250 MP to cure yourself to full, which means you are wasting that extra 150 MP in terms of extra MP regen you are not getting. So if anything this fact makes NG even easier because you have a higher cap for magic regen, which no doubt reflects the extra value of cycling through your magic at almost the same rate in OG. In OG I only use 20.3k HP but in late NG you can easily get 50k HP. Also, I assume that if I was using your same timing methodology (you are comparing two different testing environments) I think that your 23 would equal my 19. But even if I'm wrong and OG has slightly faster magic regen cycles (which I think is unlikely), taking an extra 4 seconds to cure an extra 30k HP is more than worth it.

The same concept is used with elixirs—they have more value later on, as reflected in their price, since they are curing a larger amount. In OG you can cure yourself to full with exactly 250MP and all your stats in health. I suspect that you need at least 400MP to cure yourself to full in your NG condition and so needing to meet a higher cap doesn't matter if you need to use 2 good magic gems anyway.

2. I don't know how Voice can beat lvl 5000 shade with bearly character level 600+, seems impossible to me.

- Then you would say the same about about rebirth 1,000 where all common enemies are 5,000+.

3. About shield points, you only need 1 shield point left to fully block damage. So a shield regen potion will solve the problem for light, and a parry or taken hit will allow another block for heavy.

- I've never thought of that but it does make light weapons more of a realistic option for boss-fighting in NG. In OG shield regen doesn't really matter since you have a lot of shield points and you can't even feel the 1 point/2.5 seconds.

4. I believe OG has 372 stats points (not 272).

- Yes it is 372 thank you.

OG has more stats points than 372 because:
    - NG stats points = base stats points + 5 (attack from sword) + 8 (health from armor) = base stats + 13
    - OG stats points = 372 + 2(1 atk and 1 health when level 1) + 245(weapon) + 25(helm) + 100(armor) + 1650+(11 attack gems) + benefits from (80% health heal every 20sec) = 2394+ stats points + benefits

- By your analysis, the OG Shade is permanently harder once your total number of stat points in NG goes above 2,381.

- In addition, in NG, health is used for first 3 fights without healing (you can always get a full health potion after 3rd titan)

- Yes, this is what validates the Zen garden as the hardest part of the NG cycle. To simulate this in OG you would need the discipline not to use cure when fighting the Shade. The Kabuki doesn't count since coming from IB1 that's an easy kill (defanged wood jester), but NG has a way of leaving you at the Ronin's feet with almost nothing, making the Ronin arguably harder than the shade. This epic trio is why I have repeated stated a fantasy of a permanent minigame being stuck in too high of a NG and then only buying grinder weapons and maybe a Shield Halo and staying there. Getting past the Ronin can be a lot of fun. The problem is that it takes a lot of skill to put yourself in an impossible NG situation because if you pad your stats too much you won't be able to change the difficulty enough. I admire Voice for being so late when hitting the 604 bug (practically NG^100) because you can tell he was really trying to make the game harder.

So you can see ratio is not so relevant here because OG has 2394 stats points with level 81 (gives you a high ratio).

- You can't use that same analysis for the ratios because the ratios are for the GK fight and not the Shade fight. The GK fight is the easiest point of NG and the hardest point of OG. So that considering, having the GK fight as a ratio counterbalances any OG advantages.

More on that, about 1/13 stats points need to be in magic for heal to be effective at all (health-attack-magic ratio of 2-10-1)

- But you need that extra MP anyway to cure your higher HP amount.

tl;dr:

Quote Originally Posted by Laughzxc View Post
    In NG^5, 100 magic points takes about 43sec to re-cast, 400 takes about 23sec... (I have 990 stats points at level 172)... I think high NG is no less.
    What you're saying is why early NG is harder than early OG. NG^5 is early NG and in a sense so is anything before NG^30. So if you only had a few months to play the game and then you had to delete it, and you wanted the biggest challenge, then NG would probably be your best option.

But it's a fact that once your average total stats are well beyond that of anything possible in OG, then that NG and every NG after that is necessarily going to have easier GK fights. And that's all anyone is talking about when we say ratios.
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-21-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    ​There can be only one!

I agree with your analysis Darth. The only thing I don't quite like is to talk about ratios to compare NG and OG difficulty. I agree ratios is useful to compare OG progress (as useful as GK lvl or rebirth no.). But when you compare ratios between NG and OG, it doesn't make sense at all.

E.g. ratio for Voice is 10000/600 = around 17. In OG, ratio 17 is about 1350 GK level. I beat that GK in OG myself, with no difficulty at all. I believe OG GK kill only become hard after around 2500 (can't be sure though, I am only up to 2050, and still very easy). I believe Voice's 10000 GK kill is much much much harder than 1350 GK kill in OG (you cant even compare them). Plus, I think with SS setup in Zen garden, beat lvl 5000 shade is at least 10 times harder than lvl 10000 GK (at level 600).

Redeemer

@Niiloc, noted and thank you.

I agree with your analysis Darth. The only thing I don't quite like is to talk about ratios to compare NG and OG difficulty. I agree ratios is useful to compare OG progress (as useful as GK lvl or rebirth no.). But when you compare ratios between NG and OG, it doesn't make sense at all.

E.g. ratio for Voice is 10000/600 = around 17. In OG, ratio 17 is about 1350 GK level. I beat that GK in OG myself, with no difficulty at all. I believe OG GK kill only become hard after around 2500 (can't be sure though, I am only up to 2050, and still very easy). I believe Voice's 10000 GK kill is much much much harder than 1350 GK kill in OG (you cant even compare them). Plus, I think with SS setup in Zen garden, beat lvl 5000 shade is at least 10 times harder than lvl 10000 GK (at level 600).
    When I finally sort all this out and fix up the OP I will articulate your concerns about the ratios. And yes I would agree with you and extend it to saying that the GK's in OG aren't particularly challenging until you hit 3,050 (38 ratio). I did not invent this ratio analysis but I think you can at least understand the spirit of it as a rough guideline.

Using the ratios is less helpful at lower levels (since the shiny gems and likely better gear inflate that ratio greatly). But that inflation is reduced to almost nothing when discussing higher profile targets. Consider killing the 7050 GK in both NG and OG, the comparative 87 and 12 (for levels 81 and 604 respectively) are going to be more fair indicator of the scale of difficulty.

But the fact that the ratios are least accurate on the lower levels isn't that significant because those lower levels are easy whether you are in OG or NG. What people are most curious about are the extremely high profile fights, in which case the ratios are a useful tool.

"Plus, I think with SS setup in Zen garden, beating lvl 5000 shade is at least 10 times harder than lvl 10000 GK (at level 600)."

We already have consensus that the first three monsters in NG are the hardest part of the cycle. But this points back to the same issue as to why the ratios are kind of fair and how the inflation is in fact neutralized at higher levels. You at least have the option to collect the best gear and gems in NG, in which case the GK is a joke compared to the shade. This is also true based on the general rule I've noticed that normal titans are proportionately stronger for their level than bosses. That's why I'm looking forward to to rebirth 1000 etc.

Disclaimer: All of my responses to you have been rushed and it concerns me a bit that you agree with my analysis because I said a lot. So please don't take anything at face value. I'm sure there are plenty of holes in my counter-analysis so please find them if you have the time. I'm really busy right now as you can probably tell by the messy OP, but will clean things up as soon as I have the chance. Thanks for the patience on that.
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-21-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    ​There can be only one!

Redeemer

a very thoughtful and well-organized thread (per usual), darth!

Not that it matters, but i agree with all of the stated pros and cons of NG...

I would add one more con for NG: At the end of each NG, you HAVE to sell all of your hard-earned Gems (or lose them for absolutely nothing)...this isn't necessarily a problem for those who race through NGs (i.e. 5-20 RBs)...but after spending 70-100+ RBs in an NG, it is always a depressing time when you have to sell all of your badass elemental / attack / magic gems... I always get slightly teary-eyed after wrecking the GK

Heh heh...in all seriousness, another outstanding thread...

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have to admit, I like the OG more than the NG. I feel like I'm learning a lot about how to play the game. My parries have definitely gotten better! Lol

Disclaimer: All of my responses to you have been rushed and it concerns me a bit that you agree with my analysis because I said a lot. So please don't take anything at face value. I'm sure there are plenty of holes in my counter-analysis so please find them if you have the time. I'm really busy right now as you can probably tell by the messy OP, but will clean things up as soon as I have the chance. Thanks for the patience on that.
    There might be a couple things not 100% accurate in your analysis, but same thing with mine, nothing major though. I agree with the main argument that, after a certain point, OG will be harder than NG because you cannot overcome the difficulty by accumulating more stats. NG is only difficult if you rush through it.

I didn't really think rebirth 1000 is possible. At that point, probably all stats will go attack, and you have to be 100% concentrated for 5min for each fight. Who knows, some of you guys in this forum might be able to do it.

Redeemer

I didn't really think rebirth 1000 is possible. At that point, probably all stats will go attack, and you have to be 100% concentrated for 5min for each fight.
    I doubt rebirth 1000 fights would take that long. Unless there is some future inflection point we're not aware of, the fights get shorter and shorter, especially with bosses. At higher rebirths they attack with higher ranges of attack speeds which means that much more happens in a short amount of time giving you more breaks/minute. You can also shorten fights a bit by fighting without elemental resistance because one or two hits may be enough to fill your special bar without killing you, especially if it's damage over time (shock/water/poison/light).

And hopefully rebirth 1,000 is possible. It was also speculated according to certain calculations "that we would not be able to get anywhere near rebirth 300" and that was proven wrong. Assuming rebirth 1,000 is possible, I wouldn't expect the common fights to last over 2 minutes or the Raidriar fights to last over 5 minutes.

relevant thread: attack speed tiers
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-21-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    ​There can be only one!

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me.

I've maxed OG to Level 81 and have started playing NG. I lost all my money and weapons but maintained my skill points. After I defeated Raidriar, and "freed" the worker of secrets, the storyline restarted and I once again lost all my weapons and money. Is this normal? I mean, how am I supposed to buy the big weapons if my gold is reset every time I defeat Raidriar? Or am I doing something wrong?

Redeemer

You still have all items and gold on your OG slot. NG maintains its difficulty by continually stealing your money and items after each GK kill. OG will eventually offer you a steady increase in difficulty with harder targets while you yourself do not get stronger, but it does allow you to keep everything you've accumulated money, gem, and item- wise.
    ​There can be only one!

Ok but if I keep losing my gold in NG, how do I Purchase the hidden weapons?

Redeemer

Even if you had an unlimited amount of money at the start of each NG, you still have to discover locked items with chests, drops, and wheels. For locked items, you only have a buy price for the sake of also having a sell price in case you get duplicates. They will be re-locked with each NG.
    ​There can be only one!

Deathless

Yeah, and starting the NG+ with only the HP you had left from the GK fight too. Plus elemental shade in first fight. It sucks man. This means I gotta cycle down, lose to thane3 all the time jus to get my health up from base level (all previous points went into hit points). Plus it now costs 1M gold to rearrange stats, how am I gonna do that in NG when the gold drops are lame. I'm really starting to dislike NG now.

I'm sorry for being a pain but I didn't completely understand that.. I've honestly tried to figure this out for so many weeks now that im about to give up.

So from my understanding, in NG after defeating GK, you are rebirthed to master the items a second time. You lose your gold and weapons. I just don't understand it's possible to unlock any items or let alone buy them if we keep having our gold taken away. It took me many rebirths in OG to be able to unlock all items and buy them in OG cause my gold was still there at the next rebirth. Am I missing something here?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    I'm sorry for being a pain but I didn't completely understand that.. I've honestly tried to figure this out for so many weeks now that im about to give up.

So from my understanding, in NG after defeating GK, you are rebirthed to master the items a second time. You lose your gold and weapons. I just don't understand it's possible to unlock any items or let alone buy them if we keep having our gold taken away. It took me many rebirths in OG to be able to unlock all items and buy them in OG cause my gold was still there at the next rebirth. Am I missing something here?
    you just do it again... and again... and again, hence Infinity (Blade). you'll have to start over, collect money again, find the items again, remaster them again, and eventually kill the God King again. and then start it all over again. there are ppl on this forum that are NG^50+, meaning they have done just that over 50 times...
    What great mystery does your small mind ponder?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by BLADET View Post
    you just do it again... and again... and again, hence Infinity (Blade). you'll have to start over, collect money again, find the items again, remaster them again, and eventually kill the God King again. and then start it all over again. there are ppl on this forum that are NG^50+, meaning they have done just that over 50 times...
    Before you run away from the game screaming, if you want steady progression determined by relative increases in enemy level, then you can try and see how far you can get in OG, where your progress is measured by your ability to acclimate to increasingly difficult targets rather than your ability to demonstrate that you are able to make it through the mastery process an endless number of times. Also, Voice of Freedom is on NG 101, so there probably wouldn't be anything stopping him from getting to NG^1000. Getting to rebirth 1000 however, is a feat that we're not sure anyone can reach but we have a few people going for it. The highest is currently Bladet who is about at rebirth 300.
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    ​There can be only one!

DarthDuck, thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts. I can defeat pretty much any enemy I face without any problems. But I really want to unlock and use the heavy weapons that are only available in NG. They are worth a lot of gold, and since NG takes away your gold at every rebirth, how do you buy these items?

Also, not sure if this is correct or not. Although I have defeated the GK twice in NG, when I go to Charactor Slots, it says I am on NG with Lvl 89 and Rebirth1^3. A, Is it supposed to stay on RB1? And what's the difference between it staying on RB1 and NG2? And if they are different, how do I enter NG^2 and RB2 in NG mode?

One more thing.. It says n the manual that after I defeat Raidriar and complete the storyline, I'll get an option to enter NG. Is this IB1 only? Cause I dont get that in IB2.

Once again I'm very sorry for all the questions. You can probably see how confused I am. I don't wanna stop playing this game but i need to know how I can master ALL the weapons incl the unlocked ones. IB1 was so much easier!
    Last edited by UiK; 01-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Redeemer

But I really want to unlock and use the heavy weapons that are only available in NG. They are worth a lot of gold, and since NG takes away your gold at every rebirth, how do you buy these items?
    There's only one heavy weapon locked in NG, the Anarchax. It's expensive but you would be able to afford it easily if you picked a particular NG and pursued it. I guess you could make IAPs but it seems absurd and pointless to be able to start out with an axe that has 1500 attack at the beginning of each NG.

Although I have defeated the GK twice in NG, when I go to Charactor Slots, it says I am on NG with Lvl 89 and Rebirth 1^3.
    The first number is the rebirth # and the second number is the NG^#. If you are on rebirth 5 of NG 50 it would say 5^50.

Is it supposed to stay on RB1?
    It will say rebirth 1 each time you start a new NG.

And what's the difference between it staying on RB1 and NG2? And if they are different, how do I enter NG^2.
    After killing the GK in NG^1 you go to 1^2. Then after killing the GK in NG^2 you go to 1^3. After killing the GK in NG^3 you go to 1^4. If you stayed at that for a while you would be in 150^4 like gillybean did, in which he enjoyed using the Anarchax as a main weapon, but if you do that then there'd be no guarantee that you would find lasting replayability in the game, especially since you would just be throwing the same fight to Thane every time rather than fight a new and harder boss.

One more thing.. It says in the manual that after I defeat Raidriar and complete the storyline, I'll get an option to enter NG. Is this IB1 only? Cause I dont get that in IB2.
    That only happens once, and is only true if you have the most recent update of the game from the app store. But it sounds like you already did that. Once you unlock that NG slot and start playing on it, they remain completely different save slots. Killing Raidriar then on in OG will create higher leveled tiers of bosses but it won't affect NG at all or create new NG slots. IB1 is distinctly different as you get a popup window asking you if you really want to go to NG, and it will make you do a double-confirmation regardless of which boss you kill. Also in IB1, NGs are started from killing Zero Mech which is a different boss. In IB1 you also can choose when you want to go on to the next NG but in IB2, currently you have no control once you are in NG. Killing Raidriar will push you into the next one whether you like it or not, which is why people dwelling in NGs keep losing the Thane on purpose. Some people are able to entertain themselves despite this clear compromise to gameplay, and I'm afraid you would have to do the same to binge kill with the Anarchax.
    ​There can be only one!

I think I understand now.. So losing to Thane in NG starts a new RB and keeps all your gold and items, right?

Redeemer

If you beat Thane after opening the chest* you end up committed to the GK stage. If you lose to Raidriar, there you go to the beginning of that level and can fight the golem/guard/butcher again for a shot at more xp/money. In IB2, killing Raidriar is what causes a different NG to start, in which case yes you lose all gold/items/gems. But since killing V2 Thane commits you to the GK stage, people avoid it so they can stay and get more gold/xp from the castle.

I think I understand now.. So losing to Thane in NG starts a new RB and keeps all your gold and items, right?
    If you lose to Thane then yes you start a new rebirth, and all that happens is that the monsters go up 5 levels just like they would in OG. But you don't get to fight any bosses, so there is a high chance that you will burn out on the game if you pursue any given NG at length.
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-26-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    ​There can be only one!

Iron Guard

If you beat version 2 Thane you end up committed to the GK stage.
    You can beat Thane 2 but lose to Thane 3 and still get to start another RB in the same NG. If you don't want to lose to anyone in each RB but still want to remain in the same NG to farm gold or level up more, you can do what many others are doing: leave one of the bosses alive (e.g., Archievist), then instead of Thane 2 you get to defeat a regular Titan like Dark Knight and get a nice chunk of change from the treasure chest.

The key to farm gold in NG is from key drops (no pun intended). Once you have a 20% gold+ gem and a few guaranteed keys you can keep buying keys and open chests. I was able to make over 25M money in one NG just by doing that.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    You can beat Thane 2 but lose to Thane 3 and still get to start another RB in the same NG. If you don't want to lose to anyone in each RB but still want to remain in the same NG to farm gold or level up more, you can do what many others are doing: leave one of the bosses alive (e.g., Archievist), then instead of Thane 2 you get to defeat a regular Titan like Dark Knight and get a nice chunk of change from the treasure chest.

The key to farm gold in NG is from key drops (no pun intended). Once you have a 20% gold+ gem and a few guaranteed keys you can keep buying keys and open chests. I was able to make over 25M money in one NG just by doing that.
    Yeah, That's what I have been doing except I leave the demon and get the large chest at archivist and Mx instead, and then finish my run at the top killing someone like dark knight or something
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of Champions™
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Redeemer

Once you have a 20% gold+ gem and a few guaranteed keys you can keep buying keys and open chests. I was able to make over 25M money in one NG just by doing that.
    Would you say that the buying-keys-early thing is not relevant in NG?

Main reasons that come to mind for me are that you don't open that many large chests anyway in a NG cycle and that keys cost more and the the total from the incremental amounts that you save from buying keys early are less.
    ​There can be only one!

Redeemer

You can beat Thane 2 but lose to Thane 3 and still get to start another RB in the same NG.
    Also, this is an important clarification because you get to open an extra large chest this way by panning left.

It's never worth getting into semantics, but in a way v3 Thane is v2 Thane since it's on the same rebirth.
    Last edited by DarthDuck; 01-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    ​There can be only one!

Redeemer

Would you say that the buying-keys-early thing is not relevant in NG?

Main reasons that come to mind for me are that you don't open that many large chests anyway in a NG cycle and that keys cost more and the the total from the incremental amounts that you save from buying keys early are less.
    I always buy large keys in NG as soon as I can, You still get massive profit from keys in NG
    That's What She Said!!!
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Redeemer

I meant how in OG if you keep 5/5 large keys (and 4/5 medium & small keys) then you guarantee profits even though it means that you collect money very slowly in the beginning (while you are saving up to max your keys). That delayed gratification is mainly why keeping keys at 4/5 or 5/5 doesn't strike me as a good NG strategy.
    ​There can be only one!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Getting to rebirth 1000 however, is a feat that we're not sure anyone can reach but we have a few people going for it. The highest is currently Bladet who is about at rebirth 300.
    already in rebirth 290-300 a single hit from a titan using elemental damage is around 8-9k HP. so with maxed out HP in OG one can take 3 hits and that's it. forget about a combo, you're dead right away. to win yourself roughly 3 breaks are needed so to reach rebirth 1000 would be no small feat, and as you say might not even be possible. (I guess one could eventually start using elemental resistance gems again. and also sacrifice an attack gem for another 5k HP.)

if you do chose the OG path I recommend you look up Silver's Survival Guide right away. the only way one will get far (rebirth >500) in OG is to learn every move of every opponent.

ps. you in the paragraph above does not refer to Darth - who knows this better than anyone - but to you, the reader :P ds.

Why you don't use elemental gems?

As for me, I'm just lazy to switch them every fight, I do it once per 5 BL (per one GK). But I'm on ab 130 BL yet... Anyway don't plan to use them against regular monsters either
    "Skillbuilding as a lifestyle"
    The God King Club ID#1|Ultimate GK Slayer |True Jedi |
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

I try to switch them every fight in OG so I can remember to use them for the bosses lol
    That's What She Said!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by =Silver= View Post
    Why you don't use elemental gems?

As for me, I'm just lazy to switch them every fight, I do it once per 5 BL (per one GK). But I'm on ab 130 BL yet... Anyway don't plan to use them against regular monsters either
    'cus elemental damage loads super faster. so one can either chose to lose less HP with each hit (using elemental resistance gems) or taking more damage with each hit but getting closer to a super (without elemental resistance gems). since I feel confident I know 99% of all moves and hence don't expect to take more than one or two hits when my muscle memory lets me down, I gain more by taking a huge chunk of my HP when this happens and getting my super charged faster; it's leads to shorter and faster fights.
    Last edited by BLADET; 01-28-2012 at 07:41 AM. Reason: removed double quote

Wow, the whole strategy...
    I see then. When it'll come the time to use super I'll remind this
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

I might spoil even tho i m not far in the game !!!

Ok sorry for my silly questions, i really really like this games for all the possibilities but i dont understand ANYTHING about the story, i killed all the bosses, got locked "forever" in that room with the GK by the worker and the game just starts again and i just have do the same storyline but with same level etc or i just missed something ?

And iv got this other problem with gems im buying the cheapest weapons to gain as much xp as possible but i just RUIN myself by removing the gems each time to put them on another weapon, am i doing this wrong or there are no other choices ?

Thanks and sorry if it was mentioned somewhere else i tried to read as much as i could

Redeemer

And the game just starts again and i just have do the same storyline but with same level etc or i just missed something?

Well NG takes on the RPG concept of exchanging large blocks of time for advances in character level. Your character levels up along with the monsters (minus the complication of the current level 604 bug) and you can do that forever.

In OG, it's pretty easy until you get at least to rebirth 200, which will also take a lot of time, but you will certainly find resistance as you go on and past rebirth 300 since your character's stats will reach an absolute maximum, which means that casual play will not be endless and will meet thresholds. However, the true limit with more diligent and informed play is still in question. As far as the structure of the game, it's not really a repetition of a storyline as much as a constant adjustment offering you new challenges, each of which will be more difficult to overcome.

And I've got this other problem with gems im buying the cheapest weapons to gain as much xp as possible but i just RUIN myself by removing the gems each time to put them on another weapon, am i doing this wrong or there are no other choices?

This will get less and less painful in OG since you end up with more money than you can spend. In NG however, gems aren't as important. And since when you reach the higher NGs you will be able to go through them in as few as 5 rebirths, you won't be seeing any impressive (and therefore expensive) gems.
    ​There can be only one!

ok thanks a lot, its a shame, iv played a LOT considering the few free time i have to spend, im lvl59, rebirth 29 and the game is getting really really boring as it is way too easy, if i have to wait rebirth 200 to have fun i will probably be dead of boredom before, too bad i really enjoyed this game

Redeemer

Rebirth 120+ should be enough to get some excitement. I know that jumping back to rebirth 75 from an old save that it was intolerably boring and the attack speed was too slow. But then again you should be able to crank through a ton of rebirths in almost no time if you are goal-oriented, just remember that it's kind of a waste unless you're also promoting your GK level.

And don't forget that all that time you spent was getting the game moving. Once you have momentum you will fly through rebirths. And if the game is temporarily too easy, there are lots of options for you in the name of good training: you can go without a resistance gem, try to fight with magic, or master your most difficult fighting style (probably heavy).

I was very bored doing the initial gold farming trick looping through rebirth 1, but what made it interesting for me was to pretend that I wasn't allowed to get hit (so that I'd be prepared for the real challenges later on).

Another advantage of the game being "too easy" for you right now is that you don't have to go nuts trying to find the best gems. Those will come in time but in the meanwhile you can promote yourself, and not waste time doing things like reopening the same chest all day to get a good attack gem.
    ​There can be only one!

Player Experience Specialist
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fl4k

This thread, along with a few others mentioned in the OP have been posted on the community page as an Epic Gamer feature. http://epicgames.com/community/

Direct Link: http://epicgames.com/community/2012/...nity-blade-ii/

Copying this to the Epic Gamers forum. Thank you for the great content folks!
    Player Experience Specialist
    Stacey Conley
    Epic Games, Inc.

Thanks, Flak

I think (like many others) that Bladet's "Gameplay Videos" thread really deserves to be sticky
    NG Code follower
    =Dual Guide=

Redeemer

Congratulations =Silver= You got a big run up in that I second that gameplay videos should be stickyed
    That's What She Said!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well I have just started NG and am enjoying it so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast