This post needs a lot of work. Please wait about a week and I will rewrite it based on how the discussion turns out.
- =Silver=: Dual Survival Guide Series
- DangerCZ: Map of the castle
- gillybean: Complete list of all locked items
- arCtyC: Video walkthrough series
- AzrinRain: Farming the treasure in the king's tomb by resetting
- Gem List
- Backing up game savepoints
- Allocating magic points
- Allocating stat points in OG
- Choosing how much to stack perk gems
- Hithere: How to kill the god-king (with animated gifs)
- Voice of Freedom: How to get and keep all unlocked weapons
- Curi: Infinity Blade I Guide
New Game+ (NG)
- Guaranteed infinite gameplay (agree: bladet, silversabeast, darth)
- "It gets easier with each increment since player strength grows faster than enemy strength" (bladet, ericmurphy, darth)
- You can "load last rebirth" to go back to the last NG if you are stuck—particularly on the shade. (fact)
- Very hard for the first few NGs (agree: bladet, silversabeast, darth)
- "Some may consider this a con because it can get too hard, but no one disagrees with this point. Joining NG sooner than later will amplify this difficulty" (bladet, silversabeast, darth)
- Fighting the Shade without a resistance gem is hardcore (agree: bladet, silversabeast, darth)
- "You start against the Shade with a light weapon, and while all of its moves are blockable with a resistance gem, you don't get one so it will break through each block with its elemental damage." (bladet, silversabeast, darth)
- You get an Anarachax. This is the best heavy weapon. - (agree: everyone)
You can't fight any given boss more than once in the same NG round. (agree: everyone)
- There is a strong pressure to make IAPs due to pressure in the early NGs. (agree: everyone)
- Standardized god-king level challenges become obsolete without a ratio of GK level divided by personal level (agree: bladet, silversabeast, =Silver=, darth)
- "Saying that you killed a certain level GK in NG doesn't mean anything without a ratio indicating difficulty since your level rises along with the GK in NG." (bladet, silversabeast, =Silver=)
- NG is extremely time-consuming, which doesn't work well if you only have a limited amount of time to play the game (silversabeast, darth) (disagree?: bladet) < In need of being reworded, please offer suggestion.
- "The infinite gameplay and sheer amount of time for the remastery process make NG a bottomless time sink" (silversabeast, darth)
- [bug] The level cap is 604, dropping you back down to level 123 if you hit it. (agree: bladet, silversabeast, ruggedland, leandro)
- All locked items exclusive to NG are worthless except for Anarchax (agree: everyone)
Original Game (OG)
- In the long term, OG is far more difficult than NG. (agree: silversabeast, bladet, Harry-Son, =Silver=, darth)
- "If killing a new Raidriar every 5 levels, then on average the Titans only go up 5 levels per rebirth while Thane and Raidriar go up 20 levels per rebirth." (silversabeast, darth)
- You can "load last rebirth" as many times as you want to lower or maintain Titan levels. (fact)
- You can kill a new boss every rebirth. (fact)
- After a certain point when most of your gems are near-capped, the relative difficulty level only increases, forcing your only asset to be newfound skills. (agree: everyone)
- God-king level challenges are automatically standardized and there is no need for ratios if on an OG campaign. (agree: silversabeast, =Silver=, bladet, darth)
- The bosses get tough after about level 4,000—and that's each boss not just the GK. (agree: silversabeast, darth)
- "This is a pro because using restore points, you can go back to any level boss you want. And if you have a jailbroken device, then you don't even need to be near a computer; instead you can use iFile" (silversabeast, bladet, darth)
- Entering very high rebirths will cause attack speeds to increase, although it is not yet clear whether this is gradual or in tiers. (agree: silversabeast, bladet, darth) (highly skeptical: =Silver=).
- The Titans level too slow. (agree: silversabeast, bladet, darth)
- "If killing a new Raidriar every 5 levels, then on average the Titans only go up 5 levels per rebirth while Thane and Raidriar go up 20 levels per rebirth. This means that the Titans will never catch up to the bosses level, and the gap between them will only widen." (silversabeast, darth)
- [bug] The square gems in heavy weapons break at some point, although magically repair themselves back at some point (agree: bladet, darth)
- [bug] The money cap is 95 million, dropping you back down to 45 million if you hit it. (fact)
- At some point you will become stuck and unable to progress since you do not level along with the Titans. But arguably this can always be remedied with some training sessions against bosses where you force your native skills to increase (agree: silversabeast, darth)
- No Anarchax (fact)
Many new members come here asking questions without reading the forums (who can blame them really, there's quite a lot). But since they usually ask the same questions over and over again, particularly "Why should I play OG or NG?", I think it would be nice to be able to link them to a thread rather than repeat the same points, which is unfair and tedious to our frequent forum-goers. it's not a secret that I have bias toward OG, so if anyone can find a way to make any points in here more clear-cut and objective then please speak up. Otherwise, I will try my hardest to remain neutrality.
I will begin by adding a pro for OG by saying that it is more difficult. I will state my reason up front: I have spent a lot of times reading the forums and the only reason I have come across stating that that NG is the most difficult is that "OG is for noobs", which is a circular argument. Note that what is a pro for one person may be a con for another; for example, someone might prefer more relaxed gameplay, in which higher difficulty would be a con and not a pro.
Please add to the list, stating which game path you are referring to and whether it is a pro or con. Also, if I add your name to the list because I saw your point in a different thread, and you feel that I am misrepresenting you, please tell me and I will change your point/reason or remove your name.
Contradictions on this chart will be acceptable since the conflicting points will be tagged by supporting members. For example, there might be 7 people supporting the claim that one is more difficult and therefore a pro, and 2 people saying that the other is more difficult and therefore a pro. Readers can judge for themselves based on the quantity of votes and the quality of reasons provided.
If you are making a controversial point, then please provide a reason so that it can be inserted on the list. If you see a point that you support, say so and your name will be tagged either in support or opposition to that point.
As I see "new" questions being asked I will add them to this list, please feel free to chip in to this:
- How do I start NG?
- After killing Raidrair, it will appear in your character slots assuming you have the most recent update of the game from the app store.
- I entered NG and I don't have any money or items. Is that supposed to happen?
- NG^1 is too hard! How do I try again?
- From within NG, reset to rebirth 1, then you can delete that game slot. Assuming you have the most recent update from the app store, you will get a new NG slot in your character slots after killing Raidriar again.
- I killed Raidriar once but don't want to go to NG yet. What if I kill him again to level up more?
- Then you NG slot will rise in level too assuming you never hit the green "PLAY" button, in which case your NG progress will be locked.
- What equipment should I go for in NG?
- Grinder weapons will give you lots of cheap XP, which becomes increasingly easy to exploit as your NG level rises since you get a higher attack. You will also want to get your hands on a Shield Halo and then an Atomic Loop as soon as you can. As for easy kills, save up for a granite hammer and then an easy stone (awesome heavy weapons).
- Should I buy keys?
- You should keep your small keys at 4/5, medium at 4/5, and large at 5/5 as soon as possible. Open every chest you can and keep your keys filled up like this. Buying them early is the literally the key to making money.
- When should I go onto the next NG?
- Be extremely careful before entering the first few NGs, leveling up as much as you can. After that, you will be able to have streaks where you hardly have to level anything at all to progress. But if you jump the gun in the early NG stages then you can get stuck on the Shade and be forced into IAPs unless—