Default Zombie Cat Slayer - Now Available on iOS devices

About a month ago I released my first iOS application titled "Zombie Cat Slayer", after several reviews and hours slaving in front of a screen I finally have managed to update it and give it more depth. Zombie Cat Slayer version 1.1 has went live tonight and hopefully thanks to some reviews on the UDK board it will be much funner to play!

You play as a puppy trapped in a cemetery armed with several new weapons you can acquire from the armory, you start off with a laser pistol but can acquire a plasma shotgun, plasma assault rifle, and a laser SMG. It has also been integrated with Game Center for leaderboards. The graphics have been touched up, as well as new music and sounds have been applied. If you have time to check it out please do, I look forward to the comments and criticism of the developers on this board. Thanks so much!

You can see screens and a brief detail at the following link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombi...r/id492020354?

You can also visit the Official Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/ZombieCatSlayeriOS

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would help provide comments and criticism on this project, it would be wonderful to receive some feedback from fellow game developers.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by SADRabbit; 02-18-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Updated Information

MSgt. Shooter Person

XJL394HY633W taken Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JeNeI View Post
    XJL394HY633W taken Thank you
    You're quite welcome, hopefully the codes work like they should. If you have time please let me know how your experience with the product was, and provide feedback and suggestions if you have any. Thank you.

Redeemer

looks interesting..once itunes start workin ill try it out
    need Brisk,Neon,Team Metal,Anya,Young Dom,Alex Brand
    Thanks to Chellz for the Jungle Tai!!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

The game looks extraordinary.The graphics are polished damn good.In the near future you could include more weapons though or stronger enemy cats (egyptian ghost cats,or sth like that ) ),and Game Center support (Achievements too).

Quote Originally Posted by JeNeI View Post
    The game looks extraordinary.The graphics are polished damn good.In the near future you could include more weapons though or stronger enemy cats (egyptian ghost cats,or sth like that ) ),and Game Center support (Achievements too).
    Thank you, Game Center support is definitely something in the works. As for the the stronger enemy cats, the first patch I release for the game will include the enemies getting stronger and stronger as time progresses.

used WLJKWXPK9MPE
    thanx a lot

character design etc looks cute/cool
    menus could use some work, score display too
    controls are.... horrible lol
    tried game on both ipad and iphone and joysticks and button are too far from edges of screen and fire button above top joystick makes playing really hard and very uncomfortable
    I would also suggest to make some decent loading/game start screen (something you can show in app store) as that will bring more attention to game
    also I'm not too sure if lighting and color scheme are attractive enough
    you went for cartoony look and it all looks cool but since it's dark and there is greenishbrown color that dominates the whole screen - again makes your game not very appealing and attractive to possible customers
    (most buyers are usualy attracted with shiny colors)

you still did a good job of putting everything together and releasing it and as I said before - it is cute enough that I won't trash it and I will play it from time to time
    (hopefuly there will be some good updates in future)
    maybe I sounded harsh but all these bad comments are to help you polish game and get better sales

Iron Guard

I played around with this a bit and it's pretty fun!

If you're really invested into this game, I'd suggest adding to it. You have a good base to start from. Add some different enemies, a different level or two. Instead of ''play til' you die'', consider adding a time limit or a score limit (or a combination of hitting a score within a time), then as the player continues each challenge, make it more difficult. Maybe add a weapon or some melee abilities (block, dodge, melee attach).

Anyways, just some thoughts. Grats on the release!

used WLJKWXPK9MPE
    thanx a lot

character design etc looks cute/cool
    menus could use some work, score display too
    controls are.... horrible lol
    tried game on both ipad and iphone and joysticks and button are too far from edges of screen and fire button above top joystick makes playing really hard and very uncomfortable
    I would also suggest to make some decent loading/game start screen (something you can show in app store) as that will bring more attention to game
    also I'm not too sure if lighting and color scheme are attractive enough
    you went for cartoony look and it all looks cool but since it's dark and there is greenishbrown color that dominates the whole screen - again makes your game not very appealing and attractive to possible customers
    (most buyers are usualy attracted with shiny colors)

you still did a good job of putting everything together and releasing it and as I said before - it is cute enough that I won't trash it and I will play it from time to time
    (hopefuly there will be some good updates in future)
    maybe I sounded harsh but all these bad comments are to help you polish game and get better sales
    I played around with this a bit and it's pretty fun!

If you're really invested into this game, I'd suggest adding to it. You have a good base to start from. Add some different enemies, a different level or two. Instead of ''play til' you die'', consider adding a time limit or a score limit (or a combination of hitting a score within a time), then as the player continues each challenge, make it more difficult. Maybe add a weapon or some melee abilities (block, dodge, melee attach).

Anyways, just some thoughts. Grats on the release!
    Thanks to the both of you for taking time out to check out the game! I greatly appreciate it, I have been trying to get as much feedback on it as possible. I'll be continuing to improve the product and build off of it from as much of the feedback as possible, a one man project is more work than I originally thought. Xenobite, don't worry about sounding harsh, being blunt in a review is the best way to be. Let's me know where I could use improvement at, and what you actually do like. Once again thanks to the both of you for your reviews!

Version 1.1 has been released, with more features and game center integrations! Revised the information in the first post accordingly, thanks so much to everyone for their comments and feedback.

nice update although I seem to have a bad luck with bugs
    after I killed few cats they stopped spawning

on second run it worked ok

MSgt. Shooter Person

I had some nasty bugs too.First there where no cats spawning after I reached 4100 points,secondly there was a cat in the air,couldn't shoot it,nor he could take health from me (have a screenshot too - need a email address to send).Lastly in the future Achievements would be a great feature

Thanks for letting me know about the spawning issue guys! I think i have located the issue and I will be attempting a patch out for it within the next two weeks. As for the cat in the air, I believe I am having some trouble with the navigation mesh. support@somegamecompany is the email address you could send that to if you would be so kind. Working on learning how to do achievements as we speak

Iron Guard

Hey SADRabbit, I downloaded the update (sometime last week) and I noticed that the game was much more sluggish than before. I'd say down to around 10FPS and below, sometimes. I am using a generation-one iPad.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Email sent.

@Vawx & @SADRabbit

Game is a bit lagging on iPad 2 too

Made some adjustments and hopefully it will fix the frame rate issues on the upcoming patch within the next two weeks or so. Thanks for everyone's continuing support!

how long did it take to create this? does UDK come with an emulator for iOS to test out games on?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: o xHaVoK87 o PSN ID: xHaVoK87

Quote Originally Posted by SADRabbit View Post
    Made some adjustments and hopefully it will fix the frame rate issues on the upcoming patch within the next two weeks or so. Thanks for everyone's continuing support!
    Hey SADRabbit is there anyway I can get in touch with you through email or perhaps IM?
    Indie Game Developer
    Follow Me On Twitter @xHaVoK87

for the first version from start to finish was roughly about 1 month, though I didn't work every single day on it. For the version that is out now the patch took me about another month due to the significant programming changes I did.