Thread: cannot install

Unhappy cannot install

okay well i just spent ages downloading the latest version of UDK and i clicked on it to begin installing it, then it began downloading .net framework. it got half way through the download (for .net framework) when suddenly my internet disconnected, it came up with an error message on the screen saying 'this program did not install correctly' and gave me two buttons, a 'yes it installed correctly' button and a 'reinstall' button, i clicked reinstall because i knew it didn't install, and it came up with an error message saying 'you must have at least windows XP service pack 3 installed, installer will now exit'. so i don't know why it's saying that? all that happened is i lost internet connection momenterally and all the sudden i need a weird service pack thing o.O? please help me! it didn't even begin installing and all ready it's not working i'm sad.

Skaarj

be more specific: what system u have? what hardware ? i guess u have very poor connection , u better download net framework 4 stand alone installer. USE DOWNLOAD MANAGER like IDM!!!!

NET FRAMEWORK 4 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...ll_x86_x64.exe

Install net framework 4 , restart your pc , than install UDK

got windows 7, Core i5 intel processor, 6 gb ram, 750 gb hardrive etc etc, and yes i have bad internet laterly.

um il try some stuff

didn't work, downloaded .net framework, but install still failed.

Skaarj

what windows 7 edition you have exactly

home premium

Skaarj

Ok press start button on the bottom left of your windows , to the search box type cmd , dont cllick enter now!!! it will show search result above. Right clik it and run as administrator, black console will show up. Type in sfc /scannow and post result
    Last edited by SuperSonicSpectrum; 01-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.

seems to be all good by what the systems saying, but i still get message, maybe because i installed .net framework incorrectly? i recently installed .net framework but i don't know if i installed it correctly, is there a way of checking if i have installed .net framework correctly? (but thats a different matter, but the UDK is still not installing)

I have the same problem im using Windows 7 pro sp1 im trying to download the latest version (december 2011) the .net framework installed perfectly fine btw

Super Moderator

Try running the install from a commandline with -progressonly on the end.

how do i do that ?

@ShelleyF
    Oh my... Thanks Shelley! I was running into the exact same problem too.

@Wooolly
    Create a new iWantUdk.bat in the same directory as udk installer, edit it, and type it in: UDKInstall-2011-12-BETA -progressonly. Then you can launch iWantUdk.

i tried that, seemed like it worked at first but then my laptop restarted :O? it made my laptop restart :/

Skaarj

Plz reinstall your windows. Dont ask me how to do it. Here you will found a many tutorials. www.google.com good luck , make sure u dont have windows 7 thin pc as this wont support net framework. Good bye sir

im not reinstalling windows lol, there must be another way :P

okay well i downloaded the november version because December version didn't like me, and i did start installing, but now it makes my laptop restart, why does the install make my laptop restart? my friend downloaded UDK as well, december version didn't work for him either, but november did work for him, including the install, but my install doesn't work keeps restarting my laptop.
    Last edited by wooolly; 01-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A DimwittedTree

Try right-clicking and running the .exe with an older version of windows... I believe it says something about compatability issues. Also Run CMD as admin type dxdiag, make sure it comes back with directX version 11. If not install the new one... Recheck your .net framework version should be 4 and make sure you have the most recent MSXML version installed fully and correctly. Also you may be missing some Dll's.... Sorry this doesn't narrow anything down, but there's some possibilities.

finally managed to install it without it crashing my laptop, wasn't compatible with some stuff so i just downloaded things and finally worked! i'd like to thank everyone for helping got a really great game idea in mind, as soon as i learn how to make stuff with UDK i'm goin' to make an awesome game that i hope everyone would love to play!