Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    I guess I didn't explain well enough.

First off, I'm not even considering "WREX servers" because no one ever plays there. I always use WREX, but I don't ever go to WREX servers because they're empty. The fact that someone can check my WREX logs is good enough proof that I don't cheat. I'm saying some player that sometimes uses WREX could decide not to use it, but use an alias so no one would know it was them...so that they could cheat. But of course they'd have to install their hack and then uninstall when they're ready to be "legit" again (use WREX).

I thought the whole point of creating WREX was to get people to play on WREX-required servers. You point out how having WREX whitelist you at some point in time is "good enough proof", but then you immediately provide the counter-example showing how this is not good enough proof at all. Honestly confusing. You're really coming off as a person who will regard everyone as a cheater until proven otherwise... Gg

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by jomi294 View Post
    I thought the whole point of creating WREX was to get people to play on WREX-required servers. You point out how having WREX whitelist you at some point in time is "good enough proof", but then you immediately provide the counter-example showing how this is not good enough proof at all. Honestly confusing.
    I think you left some words out in the first part of that second sentence. Not sure what you're talking about... but in any case, I'm not saying WREX servers aren't good enough. It's just no one goes there, so I don't go there...so the only way I can show I don't cheat is by referencing my WREX logs.

You're really coming off as a person who will regard everyone as a cheater until proven otherwise... Gg
    That's fine. I more so wonder than "regard," but whatever. I'm not very trusting of the online gaming community. If I know you personally or you consistently use WREX then I don't wonder so much. There are signs of course. Like the players that have awesome hitscan, but move like an average bot. I never thought Noob_Saibot botted - moved like a champ but couldn't hit a thing (he had bad ping). People wonder about Paranoid_Banana. I've wondered about him too, but I'm impressed by his movement, so I'm not so sure. Then there's the example of the guy that one day suddenly has amazing hitscan (I've mentioned this before - the guy I caught).

MSgt. Shooter Person

DavVador, WREX is still not working, bro. What's going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMI78...=youtube_gdata

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm working on it. Wrex becomes more and more complex and it's hard to find the source of your problems.
    Elcrolonosios - Sanctuary Tigers
    All my maps
    Wrex Anti Cheat Scanner

The Sacrifice

what is the game genie code?

I share mario bros with you for trade.

SXTIEG Infinite lives
    AAISPL Start with 1 life
    IAISPL Start with 6 lives
    AAISPU Start with 9 lives
    PENGSAAA Faster Mario & Luigi
    ZENGSAAA Mega fast Mario & Luigi
    AEUIUGAG Coins kill you!
    VYSYAUKY + VYSYPUKY Mega-jumping Mario & Luigi
    EZEKEPKZ + ZAEKOPNG Faster baddies
    EZEKEPKZ + LAEKOPNG Mega fast baddies
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminion View Post
    XxPicanteSaucexX raging on me was one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game.

http://profile.xfire.com/geronaho

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Elcrolonosios View Post
    I'm working on it. Wrex becomes more and more complex and it's hard to find the source of your problems.
    1.0.3.2 isn't working either...fyi.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well actually it just now did work. So thanks.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there a "Wrex Anti-Cheat Scanner Exceptions.log" or/and "Wrex Anti-Cheat Launcher Exceptions.log" ?
    If they exist, they are in the same directory as "Wrex Anti-Cheat Launcher.exe", please send me them in PM or email

Edit : Hm ! You said it works ? Good... but i did nothing Oo
    Last edited by Elcrolonosios; 02-25-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    All my maps
    Wrex Anti Cheat Scanner

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, maybe I needed to restart my computer first or something. Not sure, bro.

Banned

Why are you guys running anti-virus software? Do you not have a router with a hardware firewall?

The Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by |213| View Post
    Why are you guys running anti-virus software? Do you not have a router with a hardware firewall?
    If your just relying on that you a need a hitmanpro or hopefully not a combofix. viruses are old, websites with rootkits and trojans are the new thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminion View Post
    XxPicanteSaucexX raging on me was one of the reasons why I stopped playing this game.

http://profile.xfire.com/geronaho

Boomshot

Well that was quite easy. It took almost a minute for the scan to finish.

But, I do think it will reduce player numbers once it's enabled unless it can be auto-downloaded, installed, and run when a player without it joins the server.
    I usually play as [T5K]Bobba_Novis, {T5K}Bobba_Novi, Gi_96, Ph@t-Ass-Fr3d, infected_brains, or ________
    My Rig- ASUS Z68, core I7 2600K @4.2Ghz and GTX780 as seen on my VG248 @144Hz

MSgt. Shooter Person

it can be auto-downloaded, installed, and run when a player without it joins the server
    That would be nice, but unreal script cannot make that possible
    All my maps
    Wrex Anti Cheat Scanner

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Elcrolonosios View Post
    That would be nice, but unreal script cannot make that possible
    I hate to complain guys, but that Log Checker site is incredibly SLOW to use. Sometimes the webpage doesn't even load when I try to go to it. Then I have to pick a name (Player ######...) to reveal who it is, and that process usually takes a couple minutes. If I wanted to reveal all the names for any day, it would probably take 20 minutes at least. Thanks again for providing the anti cheat, but trying to use the Log Checker is very time consuming. Can anything be done about that?
    Cheating is for little girls and those that just plain suck.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I hate to complain guys, but that Log Checker site is incredibly SLOW to use.
    This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.

Banned

I got a question. Probably should go under ululululululululuuuulululnuunnnnnnnunnnnnululululo loloolo but here goes, can a server admin, not necassarily on a wrex server, download any ini file from a players machine?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by JetSpandex View Post
    This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This.
    Hey aren't you the guy that had the wall hack on his machine? :]

I don't think I'm complaining as much as I'm pointing out where WREX is having issues. Many many thanks and praise to the WREX team, but their program isn't going to be much good if we can't tell who's using it. If I think someone was playing suspiciously, it's going to potentially take a very long time to see if they're using WREX or not - because using the Log Checker is such a slow process. Looking at it right now, there appears to be 15-19 yet unidentified names on the list since the start of the day. If it takes me 3 minutes (sometimes 5) to reveal each name it would take 45 mins + to reveal all of them.

If nothing can be done about this, that's fine. I'm just letting them know how it appears on my end, in case anything can be done.
    Last edited by enoch84; 03-13-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: typo

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hey aren't you the guy that had the wall hack on his machine? :]
    Yes...

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
    Kept thinkin' I could never live without hax by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how it did me bad
    And I grew sad
    But I learned how not to get mad! ♪ ♫

MSgt. Shooter Person

Lmfao

MSgt. Shooter Person

Banned

Yes...

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
    Kept thinkin' I could never live without hax by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how it did me bad
    And I grew sad
    But I learned how not to get mad! ♪ ♫

MSgt. Shooter Person

I don't think I'm complaining as much as I'm pointing out where WREX is having issues.
    BTW
    "This" means I agree with you. The log checker is really slow for me too.

Banned

Well it has to push out a log for you, what do you want

MSgt. Shooter Person

BTW
    "This" means I agree with you. The log checker is really slow for me too.
    Wasn't sure what you meant by "this" but I thought I'd give you a hard time anyway

If I found out one of my long time fellow players was hacking this is how I would feel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrjePH49Aq0

If I listened long enough to you
    I'd find a way to believe that it's all true
    Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
    Still I look to find a reason to believe ♪ ♫

MSgt. Shooter Person

ws.iono said:
    Have i yet to encounter any hackers, or do i just suck so horribly currently that i don't notice when they're there?
    I think more than a few people use radar in this game. As far as aimbot, that's hard to tell. I've seen the x22 instanthook configured in a way that it's virtually impossible to tell. Ask my "clan mate" Carnage52 about that.

Regardless, WREX, despite it's intention, is personally a deterrent. I have been logging on, checking favorites, seeing no one on beer drinkers, seeing players on the WREX enabled server, and then just exiting UT3. I can appreciate the intent of WREX, but from what I've heard / read, it's execution currently seems questionable, and i'm not particularly fond of the potential issues with privacy. It's primarily why i have been avoiding games which use PunkBuster, and airports with body scanners (Though i don't often pass through airports currently, anyway).
    WREX should have little to no affect on player numbers. That WREX server (cQ Chicago) no longer requires the use of WREX, it just tells everyone who's using it and who's not. Or in other words, who isn't cheating and who might be. I didn't like that Random changed it that way, but it's not my server. As far as privacy, I don't think it uploads files, which would be the only thing that might be worrisome imo. You would notice a change in the amount of time it took to run WREX (more time) or a dip in your online gaming performance if you were uploading files.

I am configuring a HDD specifically for games, so privacy becomes less of a concern, but installing another piece of software just to play on one server (thus far) seems a little bit of a hassle.
    It took me 6-7 minutes to download and run WREX the first time. Now it takes about 2 minutes to start it before playing. The only problem I have with the WREX program is how slow the log checker is.

The main reason I use WREX is so that people will know that I'm not cheating. I'd like everyone else to use it too, but I can't do anything about that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'll try to update the process of the logchecking, but i need to recode it fully in another language than PHP, so it may take time, which i lack those weeks.
    Elcro is going to update the process aswell at Wrex side, so there will be many things to update, meaning lot of time.
    The log process is far from being perfect i know, but that's the only thing we can provide at this moment, sorry.
    We'll keep you informed once we have some new stuff ready to use.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DavVador View Post
    I'll try to update the process of the logchecking, but i need to recode it fully in another language than PHP, so it may take time, which i lack those weeks.
    Elcro is going to update the process aswell at Wrex side, so there will be many things to update, meaning lot of time.
    The log process is far from being perfect i know, but that's the only thing we can provide at this moment, sorry.
    We appreciate what you guys have done. We'll be waiting for any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by DavVador View Post
    lol, still flogging a dead horse. UT3 is community is going no where. Dead game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Jetspandex said (2/15/12):

It wasn't loaded because I don't use it regularly (or online at all). I was scared sh*tless when I saw that log and deleted those files right away.
    Hmm, looks like they're there again.

MSgt. Shooter Person

All new directories too, wonder what the excuse is this time.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haha OOPS. Yeah I had a back-up on a flash drive g:/ in case I needed to use it as an anti-cheat/radar detector of sorts. It works in demos too, and thus it's a good way to know if someone is reacting to what they see behind walls. All I need to do is execute UT3 with the radar, start the demo, find the suspected player, and watch him/her with behindview. (Drama like this could be avoided if a radar were somehow integrated to WREX and only available during demorecs...) But I know how much you all love me thus far. Being "caught" twice with a (albeit Loaded:False for both occasions) radar, I expect lots of ridicule.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Haha OOPS. Yeah I had a back-up on a flash drive g:/ in case I needed to use it as an anti-cheat/radar detector of sorts. It works in demos too, and thus it's a good way to know if someone is reacting to what they see behind walls. All I need to do is execute UT3 with the radar, start the demo, find the suspected player, and watch him/her with behindview. (Drama like this could be avoided if a radar were somehow integrated to WREX and only available during demorecs...) But I know how much you all love me thus far. Being "caught" twice with a (albeit Loaded:False for both occasions) radar, I expect lots of ridicule.
    Oh really. Who have you been watching with it? Who should we look out for? Having a radar hack handy makes you just a little untrustworthy, Jeff. Just keep using WREX.

Your friend Isis4 annoyed me quite a bit the other night (Thursday). He/she said you were there with them (next to him at the computer). Actually he said he was Alice, your wife. He said that he hadn't played in years, but that's surely a lie based on how well he plays greed (watched him today). I see that you're playing Greed with him today. Maybe you'd care to tell me who he is (wouldn't tell me).

Here's his gametracker page. He obviously just created that name.

http://www.gametracker.com/player/isis4/?game=ut3

Banned

don't want to derail this but could someone explain to me how radar works? 1 point i see as silly is if 'Radar' implies that you can see through walls, i don't even think it's that big advantage.. you have to have good aim for one and most importantly, no?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by |213| View Post
    don't want to derail this but could someone explain to me how radar works? 1 point i see as silly is if 'Radar' implies that you can see through walls, i don't even think it's that big advantage.. you have to have good aim for one and most importantly, no?
    That hack is a wall hack (you can see the other player through walls). I'm not sure if there's a radar with it or not. But it's called "UT3 Radar."

A hack with either one of those features gives you a huge advantage. If you know where the other player is, then you can avoid them if you're low on health, or you can surprise them around corners or from above/below. But yes, if you're opponent has significantly better aim, you might still lose. It's most effective in dueling, where prediction is crucial. If you can see through walls then prediction is MUCH easier, and really isn't "prediction" anymore.
    Last edited by enoch84; 03-18-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typo

MSgt. Shooter Person

I know enoch. I don't expect everyone to trust me. I can only explain myself and then continue to use WREX and go about my business.
    There are a few people in the Greed server that are suspected strongly of using radar. I don't want to name anyone here, so I'll PM you if you want to know.
    And about Alice: she and I are together. I'll PM for further details.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I know enoch. I don't expect everyone to trust me. I can only explain myself and then continue to use WREX and go about my business.
    There are a few people in the Greed server that are suspected strongly of using radar. I don't want to name anyone here, so I'll PM you if you want to know.
    Ok, I got your PM and responded. Let me know if you got it, I don't see anything in my "sent" folder.

MSgt. Shooter Person

No offense but on the greed server, everyone who kills anyone is considered a bot or radar, the greed server is hardly anything to use. Actually the warfare server is turning into that too.

"omg you killed me while I was moving, botter" "omg you killed me with the bender when I had 40 skulls and now I am raging, botter"

The greed server is a small group of players who just like playing the same two maps over and over but soon as someone kills them with the tiniest amount of skill, they are branded botter/radar. First it was botter and now the common thing to whine about is the person is using radar. I actually feel like making some name up and saying it on the server just so people start saying something else because seriously, that is how clueless most of them are. The need to brand someone and run around mindlessly, outweighs the need to improve skill.
    Last edited by wikkid; 03-19-2012 at 12:58 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by littlesheriff View Post
    No offense but on the greed server, everyone who kills anyone is considered a bot or radar, the greed server is hardly anything to use. Actually the warfare server is turning into that too.

"omg you killed me while I was moving, botter" "omg you killed me with the bender when I had 40 skulls and now I am raging, botter"

The greed server is a small group of players who just like playing the same two maps over and over but soon as someone kills them with the tiniest amount of skill, they are branded botter/radar. First it was botter and now the common thing to whine about is the person is using radar. I actually feel like making some name up and saying it on the server just so people start saying something else because seriously, that is how clueless most of them are. The need to brand someone and run around mindlessly, outweighs the need to improve skill.
    Oh wouldn't it be great if everyone on the greed servers would just go play at the dfb vctf server. No titans and better maps. Lovely. Vctf is the stepping stone to greatness! ...well as long as you pick maps not dominated by vehicles. It will force you to develop your long range skills. Bombachu and Oldskool are vctfers, two above average DM players also. Genjitsu was too, if anyone remembers him. I liked that guy. And there's Unreal.inc...he plays a bit of DM...or he use to. There's probably more.

Iron Guard

Oh wouldn't it be great if everyone on the greed servers would just go play at the dfb vctf server. No titans and better maps. Lovely. Vctf is the stepping stone to greatness! ...well as long as you pick maps not dominated by vehicles. It will force you to develop your long range skills. Bombachu and Oldskool are vctfers, two above average DM players also. Genjitsu was too, if anyone remembers him. I liked that guy. And there's Unreal.inc...he plays a bit of DM...or he use to. There's probably more.
    I would love to have VCTF up and running, MTV's server was getting people but now half the people can't connect to it. I'm about to make mine a temporary vctf server.
    [BGE|UTF|]Oldy

Check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Posting games of me playing and demos I have collected that are recorded.

And Now I apparently am an Hacker, must be so since this guy here has told me so.

My Maps
    VCTF-Skyscraper-NightFire
    War-TombOfAmunrah
    VCTF-Plateau
    WAR-Subway
    VCTF-UnrealPlayground (Honorbale Mention MSCU Phase 2)

http://www.clan-bge.com/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast