Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Redeemer

I will soon, the other threads are behind too.
    ​There can be only one!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    I have iCloud on as well, and I really like the fact I can play the same game on my 4s and iPad2 without losing any progress. The drawback of course is that one can't do manual backup (without a MAC) as suggested unless you turn iCloud off.

If you can live without iCloud, what you can do is drag the SAVE folder from your iDevice to your PC using iFunBox like Darth wrote in the beginning. Then shut down IB2 and turn off iCloud from the General settings. On your PC, make a copy of all the BackupSlot*.bin files and put them in the same SAVE folder. Then rename those copies by replacing the word "BackupSlot" with "SwordSave". Finally, remove the SAVE folder on you iDevice using iFunBox, and drag the SAVE folder from your PC (which has the SwordSAve*.bin in them) to your iDevice. That's it.
    This didn't quite work out for me, but did point me in the right direction. Basically I turned off iCloud and renamed all files in the Save folder by replacing every instance of "Backup" with "SwordSave"
    WA NI CHI ???

Redeemer

The new iFunbox for mac doesn't really work very good, Functions like search and even just trying to find basic files is impossible
    Last edited by Aussi3; 01-24-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of Champions™
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by KingArthurVI View Post
    I'm on a PC and I'm using iCloud too, regretting it now because I can't backup manually. There's only the BackupSlotX_0.bin files inside my iFunBox and the SwordSaveSlotX_0.bin files are in the cloud. Any idea how to download the SwordSave files from iCloud so I can turn iCloud off?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    I have iCloud on as well, and I really like the fact I can play the same game on my 4s and iPad2 without losing any progress. The drawback of course is that one can't do manual backup (without a MAC) as suggested unless you turn iCloud off.

If you can live without iCloud, what you can do is drag the SAVE folder from your iDevice to your PC using iFunBox like Darth wrote in the beginning. Then shut down IB2 and turn off iCloud from the General settings. On your PC, make a copy of all the BackupSlot*.bin files and put them in the same SAVE folder. Then rename those copies by replacing the word "BackupSlot" with "SwordSave". Finally, remove the SAVE folder on you iDevice using iFunBox, and drag the SAVE folder from your PC (which has the SwordSAve*.bin in them) to your iDevice. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dknowle View Post
    This didn't quite work out for me, but did point me in the right direction. Basically I turned off iCloud and renamed all files in the Save folder by replacing every instance of "Backup" with "SwordSave"
    as I've already reported in this post there is no need to turn iCloud off to backup and restore games. if anything is unclear let me know and I'll re-write. and Darth will fix the OP as soon as he can. cheers.
    What great mystery does your small mind ponder?

Redeemer

I put in that post as a quick quote. As far as processing all the data, I need some more time for that but will make an announcement when it's rewritten. Same with my other OPs and thanks for the patience on that.
    ​There can be only one!

Redeemer

Has anyone tried using iFunbox on mac?
    That's What She Said!!!
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

MSgt. Shooter Person

Silversabeast jailbreak guide -- linked to in the OP -- seem to be gone. two good sources are Redmond Pie and greenpois0n. apart from that Google will be able to point you in the right direction.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Really struggling with putting a recent back up on to an iPad2. I've followed all the instructions (even deleted ifunbox and reinstalled) but to no avail. I just deleted the save file in ifunbox, safely removed hardware, re-loaded IB2 on iPad and I'm still where I was, like I hadn't even deleted the save file.

Tried moving across different saves into ifile but still no luck. Anybody have any thoughts? Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Would it have anything to do with being connected to iTunes? It is actually my mums iPad2 and has a different account to me (the only reason i needed to sign in as her on my laptop in the first place was to just sync the app over, surely iTunes should be out of the equation now as I'm only using ifunbox to change the data) Hmmm...

EDIT2: My mistake i put ifile instead of ifunbox.
    Last edited by Harry-Son; 01-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Infinity Blade III
    Level: Siris 240, Isa 188 || Awakening: 185+ || Health: 7500 || Attack: 1053 || Shield: 51 || Magic 51

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Harry-Son View Post
    EDIT: Would it have anything to do with being connected to iTunes? It is actually my mums iPad2 and has a different account to me (the only reason i needed to sign in as her on my laptop in the first place was to just sync the app over, surely iTunes should be out of the equation now as I'm only using ifunbox to change the data) Hmmm...
    no iTunes have nothing to do with it. I use several Apple accounts myself - for different countries - and it has never effected my SAVE files.

Really struggling with putting a recent back up on to an iPad2. I've followed all the instructions (even deleted ifile and reinstalled) but to no avail. I just deleted the save file in ifile, safely removed hardware, re-loaded IB2 on iPad and I'm still where I was, like I hadn't even deleted the save file.

Tried moving across different saves into ifile but still no luck. Anybody have any thoughts? Any help will be well appreciated. Thanks!
    more info is needed. how did you extract the SAVE files; what program did you use, from what folder did you get them and was iCloud on or off?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by BLADET View Post
    more info is needed. how did you extract the SAVE files; what program did you use, from what folder did you get them and was iCloud on or off?
    iCloud was off (never set it up and don't feel I need to use it). I dragged it from ifunbox into a relevant folder, I don't rename the SAVE file, I do rename the folder I put it in. I got the SAVE file from documents tab thats on ifunbox and dragged it accross into my documents i think where i have the IB2 folder setup.

Once I delete the old SAVE file in ifunbox, then there is only that other folder in there that starts with G. I then go into my documents, go to the folder i want, open it up, right click on the SAVE file, click copy, go to ifunbox (still in the same documents tab) and click paste, i then click on the safely remove hardware, unplug ipad2 from my laptop, load up IB2, and see that I am still stood facing Shade.

Appreciate your help BLADET!
    Infinity Blade III
    Level: Siris 240, Isa 188 || Awakening: 185+ || Health: 7500 || Attack: 1053 || Shield: 51 || Magic 51

MSgt. Shooter Person

iCloud was off (never set it up and don't feel I need to use it). I dragged it from ifunbox into a relevant folder, I don't rename the SAVE file, I do rename the folder I put it in. I got the SAVE file from documents tab thats on ifunbox and dragged it accross into my documents i think where i have the IB2 folder setup.

Once I delete the old SAVE file in ifunbox, then there is only that other folder in there that starts with G. I then go into my documents, go to the folder i want, open it up, right click on the SAVE file, click copy, go to ifunbox (still in the same documents tab) and click paste, i then click on the safely remove hardware, unplug ipad2 from my laptop, load up IB2, and see that I am still stood facing Shade.

Appreciate your help BLADET!
    ok obviously it gets the SAVE file from somewhere else so it's back to basics, hence these questions that might seem stupid. before you delete the SAVE folder in iFunBox you do quit IB2 and remove it from background (double click Home button and red cross on IB2)? also, if you go into the SAVE folder before you delete it, what's the bin files called? and what is the bin files you have backuped called?

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok obviously it gets the SAVE file from somewhere else so it's back to basics, hence these questions that might seem stupid. before you delete the SAVE folder in iFunBox you do quit IB2 and remove it from background (double click Home button and red cross on IB2)? also, if you go into the SAVE folder before you delete it, what's the bin files called? and what is the bin files you have backuped called?
    Yeah I remove it from the task bar. I've got - Backupslot0, backupslot2, backupx0-0, backupx0-1, swordsaveslotX0, swordsaveslotX2, swordsaveX0-0, swordsaveX0-1. 8 files in total, all are .bin

Just checked all 8 of my backups and they all have exactly the same file name. Hope this helps somehow!
    Infinity Blade III

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah I remove it from the task bar. I've got - Backupslot0, backupslot2, backupx0-0, backupx0-1, swordsaveslotX0, swordsaveslotX2, swordsaveX0-0, swordsaveX0-1. 8 files in total, all are .bin

Just checked all 8 of my backups and they all have exactly the same file name. Hope this helps somehow!
    ok, so that's good. and just to be clear, iCloud is off on your new device as well? (reason I'm asking is that to my knowledge IB2 gets the SAVE files either from /var/mobile/Applications/[Chair folder]/Documents -- if iCloud is off -- or /var/mobile/Library/Mobile Documents/[Chair folder]/Document -- if iCloud is on.)

since you do close and quit the app before restoring it's not the case that the SAVE file is still active and in use. hence this is a case of either the SAVE file not being deleted when you do so in iFunBox or the SAVE file not being fetched when IB2 is starting, probably since it gets it from somewhere else.

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok, so that's good. and just to be clear, iCloud is off on your new device as well? (reason I'm asking is that to my knowledge IB2 gets the SAVE files either from /var/mobile/Applications/[Chair folder]/Documents -- if iCloud is off -- or /var/mobile/Library/Mobile Documents/[Chair folder]/Document -- if iCloud is on.)

since you do close and quit the app before restoring it's not the case that the SAVE file is still active and in use. hence this is a case of either the SAVE file not being deleted when you do so in iFunBox or the SAVE file not being fetched when IB2 is starting, probably since it gets it from somewhere else.
    Well I feel a right idiot. I did turn iCloud off earlier in the day but looks like someone has changed it back to on :/ I would be fairly confident that that is the reason why it was playing up. Thanks a bunch BLADET and sorry that I wasted your time over something so simple!
    Infinity Blade III

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well I feel a right idiot. I did turn iCloud off earlier in the day but looks like someone has changed it back to on :/ I would be fairly confident that that is the reason why it was playing up. Thanks a bunch BLADET and sorry that I wasted your time over something so simple!
    Infinity Blade III

MSgt. Shooter Person

no bother mate, just glad to be of help. let me know if it works for you now

MSgt. Shooter Person

no bother mate, just glad to be of help. let me know if it works for you now
    Yeah it's worked a treat on my iPhone so can't see it being a problem when i turn iCloud off on iPad. Thanks again!
    Infinity Blade III

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah it's worked a treat on my iPhone so can't see it being a problem when i turn iCloud off on iPad. Thanks again!
    that's great. and remember if you do chose to -- or anyone else in your family tells you to -- use iCloud you can still backup and restore SAVE files, but then you have to jailbreak your device and use iFile or, if you don't want to or can't jailbreak it, go via your Mac's iCloud folder. happy fighting!

MSgt. Shooter Person

hey guys mac method 2 wont work I see no icloud folder any where on my mac not even via goto.

Redeemer

Using the newest version of iFunbox doesn't work for mac either
    That's What She Said!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Mihammed View Post
    hey guys mac method 2 wont work I see no icloud folder any where on my mac not even via goto.
    I can assure you it's still there -- see print screen below. (what you're interested in is the first folder, containing the word "chair".) are you using Mac OS X 10.7 Lion?

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Quote Originally Posted by Aussi3 View Post
    Using the newest version of iFunbox doesn't work for mac either
    how about DiskAid?

Redeemer

how about DiskAid?
    I'll give it a go when i got time it's just that they made a iFunbox just for mac and it doesn't work most of the options don't do anything
    That's What She Said!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can assure you it's still there -- see print screen below. (what you're interested in is the first folder, containing the word "chair".) are you using Mac OS X 10.7 Lion?
    No it's 10.6.8 not lion.

Redeemer

I need to fix up the Mac section still (I don't know anything about Mac but will try to piece the responses together).

However, please don't make any inquiries about jailbreaking because it will cause the thread to be deleted.
    ​There can be only one!

Iron Guard

Anyone know which save file contains IAP information?

I only had $2 in IAP, but wouldn't mind getting it back without reverting to save from 2 weeks ago.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, but how can one go from iCloud saves to local saves and get back to where you left off in the cloud? I want to use iFunBox to back up data again.

On my new iPad, if I turn off Documents & Data in iCloud settings, and restart IB2, it starts from scratch with no saved char slots. I have tried with IB2 running, or not running, restoring from iFunBox saves, but nothing seems to work. The iFunBox saves I try to use are from offline saves, I think. Once I re-enable Documents and Data in the cloud, I get back to where I left the cloud. If one exists, could someone explain the proper procedure and order to do things (again), please?

EDIT: Oh, and I also ended up losing my IAP Gold from these experiments..
    Last edited by n808; 03-26-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Iron Guard

I did the same thing experimenting from cloud to local save.

To go from cloud to local save, you rename the saves by replacing all 'BackupSlot' with 'SwordSave'

I haven't found a way to go from local to cloud save. I think it may be possible if you have a Mac.
    WA NI CHI ???

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: H264

Thanks, will try. I've managed without save before LC open, a few NGs now, but it's annoying and loses a bit of progress to get something I could buy for $300,000, with a key that at my current 15th NG, costs $820,000, and there is only one free Large key.

EDIT w update: I still cannot get it to work. I have tried renaming, both with and without keeping the Backup ones in the same folder. The game still starts from scratch when I disable the cloud. Fortunately, I get back to where I was once the cloud is re-enabled.
    Last edited by n808; 03-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Is there anyway back up my main character slot and restore it to the second character slot? I want to try NG+ but do feel strange wiping out the effort made in OG. Would be nice to save my progress now, then launch NG+. But, have the ability to play the OG in a different character slot.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by wahiggins3 View Post
    Is there anyway back up my main character slot and restore it to the second character slot? I want to try NG+ but do feel strange wiping out the effort made in OG. Would be nice to save my progress now, then launch NG+. But, have the ability to play the OG in a different character slot.
    You keep your OG slot even if you start NG+ in the same slot.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Silversabeast View Post
    You keep your OG slot even if you start NG+ in the same slot.
    But be careful and keep a backup. Swapping between slots seems to be the most common way to trigger both the disappearing gems bug and the lost NG bug.

Is it a must to jailbreak if I use ifunbox?
    I have not jailed yet...

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by jehrochau View Post
    Is it a must to jailbreak if I use ifunbox?
    I have not jailed yet...
    No, you may use IFB without jailbreaking

MSgt. Shooter Person

Noe when I try to do this, I am not able to replace the files, as the progress is the same as it was before I tried to switch save files. I thi it is because when I open the game in iFunbox and iFile (Jailbroken App), there is another folder called "Cache" that reinstalls itself after I delete it. I think it stores a cache if the game and replaces it with the cached file if you ever try to switch save files. Does anybody else have this problem?
    "I know it's easy to imagine, but it's easier to just do, see, if you can't do what you imagine, then what is imagination to you?"

Redeemer

Anybody figures out how to backup yet? Now a cache folder appears and bunch of .flurry************.archive is there are there too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah, something is not working with the method that Darthduck is describing.
    Maybe turning off icloud will do the trick although I havent tried it yet myself.
    This might be the solution, a thread by MPlewis:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...hlight=mplewis

A few notes from my experience using ifunbox:
    1) If icloud is on, the swordsave files from there immediately overwrite anything you try to do. You might be able to manage your icloud settings to delete those files, but I'm not sure.
    2) It appears that I only get 3 save slots when iCloud is off with iCloud on, you seem to get many more (up to 10?) Can anyone confirm?
    3) A quick and easy method of backing up or using the back-ups to manage chest drops and gem forge results is the following: with IB2 running, copy the current game slot from the save folder to a temporary folder on your drive. Create two copies of both swordsave files. Rename the swordsave files so that they will occupy the other two save slots (i.e. change swordsaveslotx_0 to swordsaveslotx_1 and ..._2, do the same for the swordsaveX_0-0 file. change it to swordsaveX_1-0 and swordsaveX_2-0)
    4) Copy those back to your device.
    5) You now have three identical saves on your device, with copies on your PC
    6) Do whatever you need to with gem forge or chest drop, switching between save slots to get three tries. If you don't like the results, switch back to the first save slot, and copy the second and third save slot files back to your device to try again two more times.
    7) rinse, repeat.

of note - the title of the save slot won't change to reflect the new saves you've pasted in there, but when you select it you'll get the new options.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you use a Mac you get a ton of backups without doing anything.

With Mountain Lion the Mobile Documents folder is constantly up to date with whatever is on your iOS device(s). And with Time Machine turned on you get backups every hour. So at most you will lose 60 minutes of play time.

I don't know how this works with Windows, but with 10.8 I feel much safer with iCloud.

MSgt. Shooter Person

This just saved my ass. Seriously. My game suddenly reverted to an old save state, from before I went in to NR! I suddenly went from LVL 125 to LVL 107, and lost all my gem progress.

I used the method on my Mac, and in the IB folder in Mobile Documents I found a folder called "(A Document Being Saved By InfinityBlade2)" with the correct save file, and just replaced the "SwordSaveX_0-0" file with that file, et voilà, back to this morning's game.

Just in case, I have a recent Time Machine Backup as well.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If I deleted the SAVE folder in iFunBox will it appear again if I start playing IB2 again?
    VIVA! The God King, Raidriar!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast