MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrubKiller101

Default Can someone help me out with turtle Beach X12 headset. Faulty? (I am a noob)

Hopefully this is the right bit of the forum!

I have just signed up for my first ever Live Gold account and got my first ever headset, new, from Amazon just to play Gears online.

The thing is I don't know if the X12 is working as it should.

Basically when I adjust the Chat Volume, the volume of my voice through the headset does not change.

I don't know anyone on Xbox Live to chat to and test it out, and I don't think anyone would be happy with me trying to sort this out during a game, but I've gone through all the Turtle Beach Online troubleshoot tutorials concerning the microphone working and the Chat Volume doesn't alter anything there either (Recording to PC and recording a message to myself in Live). I have also tried the Chat Volume cable in two different controllers.

So there you go folks! I have no idea if the Chat Volume is faulty or if it only affects Chat Volume sent out to other Live users, but you are able to monitor your own voice with these so surely the Chat Volume should affect my voice volume through the headset right?

Hope someone can help this noob play Gears 3 online with Voice enabled.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eurpapi

It just let's you know how loud you're speaking with the headset on, it takes some getting used to. Just so you know the X12 is EXTREMELY sensitive when it comes to picking up your voice, I keep the mic in an upright position above my head so I don't blow anyone's ears out.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrubKiller101

Thanks Eurpapi for your suggestion.