Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by VulKliN View Post
    why is this happening to so many people? its absolutely ridiculous

people saying "oh we should have made back ups" are talking out their arse

i remember not long after i bought the game, i deleted my gears 3 save data, ALL OF IT, thinking that my stats were all stored online

when i logged in, i was back at zero for everything

HOWEVER, after a while my original rank RETURNED to what is was before I deleted my data from HD

SO, this means that the problem is NOT on our end, but it is as a result of updates or something

it happened to me yesterday, i switch on xbox and load up gears, it said downloading update, when menu screen came on, i was reset to rank 1 with all medals and ribbons gone etc

my HD save file was corrupted, this must have happened as the update was happening

an update corrupting someone's game data should not even be possible to happen at all

even if I had "back up" on a memory card, if it was in the machine, it would have been corrupted anyway

if I have a 250 GB HD am I supposed to also stock up on dozens of memory cards for all my game save data, just in case an update ****s up my game?

how has this happened to so many people and keeps happening over a period of months??? its absolutely pathetic and actually we are all perfectly within our rights for compensation

no customers in any walk of life should have to put up with this level of incompetence
    They are trying to fix this, i not saying to be upset but trust me if you the serivce of other games on xbox you wouldnt be mad. Epic have done a great job with gow3 , they have allready stated that they a sorry and trying so just chill abit.

You want compensation, so bad after they give you free map packs already, a great server, regular updates , work well with the community. Give it a rest. If your that upset go on a different game and you will see the lack of service.

Just got reseted yesterday, green prestige lvl 45. Epic edition, seasson pass .. what if glitch brezinski gets reseted ? GL ? I don't think so.

Seriously epic, i accept there's a glitch that can mess your stats, no problem bro, but, i can't accept there's no way to restore your stats .. ffffuuu it's what i can only say

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BLACKLICAN

BLACKLICAN - Rank 77 - 11 Onyx medals
    I´ve got my reset yesterday at 17:19

Frankenstien254 - Rank 66 -10 onyx
    Reset on the 27th

Skaarj

Rank Green 91 27 Onyx :'(

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DkN Capps

TeoDX lvl 80 5 onix. Freeze during Horde Split Screen..

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIIBURDENIII

Rank reset. Level 94, Needed one more ribbon, 16 medals, Maxed out all fortifcations. Finished game on Insane.
    A friend of mine suggested Diamond Horizon to fix it. Looked into it and does not seem like a good way. But found something interesting on the Diamond site.
    Joe Graf posted on there site and claims that they have 200 ways to detect the diamond mod. But they have zero ways to detect our level reset. I find this baffling. I do not feel that epic is doing anything about the problem. They do make great games and are busy on the next big ones. Seems they do not care because the product is out and why waste time on this when it does not affect there income and future income. I have been playing this weekend and got up to a level 25. During this time I was accused of cheating by 3 people who claim they are going to report me. They asked me how come I almost every achievement at level 25. Epic, you do not realize that it is not just a reset problem. It affects the user in many ways. I lost my rank and months of time, my kid is heartbroken and my online profile is going to hell. I see pages and pages of people on multiple threads. It is feeling like a class action lawsuit. What do you think? Worth the time? Months of our lives gone and we get a little apology that took someone 3 seconds to type. Epic you make amazing games...but wtf... you can't fix or restore our scores and we risk it happening again. Get your priorities straight. Help you customers, seems like the list are getting longer every day.
    Robert Burden

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The 1 Wheaties

If my achievements, ribbons, medals and everything else including rank, and DLC/unlocks cannot be restored, I'm no longer playing this game.

To sum it up, **** this bull****.
    Gears of War 1 Veteran. Raven Down Execution is where you'll find me.
    Current Gamertag
    The 1 Wheaties
    Formerly known as
    riotstalk3r / x WH3AT1ES x / iiTz WheaTiiez / x2PiieCe iiZ eZ / Aztec-Glory 250 5sTAR

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUGDOGZ

If you look under your live profile,you still have your achievements.If you go to other gaming sites,your achievements will still register.Last place,look on back of your game case,lower left hand corner,fine print "...some features and downloads require aditional storage,hardware,and or fees.."....in other words legally,not a leg to stand on.Save your retainer fees,set up Cloud or get a USB drive to save your progress.Nobody wanted this to happen to anyone,sucks bad but this has been "headline news" for quite some time.Sorry it happened to you but,being a level 91 with all that you had done this definately was not new to you was it?Post what happened on the "Rank reset thread"it might help solve the problem,you never know and ,start saving your progress.Was at level 91 myself about 2 months ago same **** happend reset,raged for a week or two,started kicking some more locust ass and now .almost back to where I was.Not as easy as it sounds but really,what the hell are you going to do? Not worth the stress or time getting worked up about it when you really think about it.On a side note if you need any help getting back up and running,hit me up will gladly help you out if I can.Good luck and hang in.
    Last edited by PugdogsDaddy; 04-02-2012 at 04:23 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Why are some weapon skins that are tied to achievements not retained? I.e. I got reset yesterday, the day before I unlocked the Ivory weapon skin via the 'I've got this!' achievement. Surely I'd keep the weapon skin? It seems to have kept those for completing the campaign, but not that or those related to Beast/Horde.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by scanz View Post
    Why are some weapon skins that are tied to achievements not retained? I.e. I got reset yesterday, the day before I unlocked the Ivory weapon skin via the 'I've got this!' achievement. Surely I'd keep the weapon skin? It seems to have kept those for completing the campaign, but not that or those related to Beast/Horde.
    They should still show as unlockable. Give it 24 hours for the game to recheck for achievements. If not, go through the motions to unlock them and they will appear.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4xSavag3xT1gr3

Sigh I took a month off after the reset and I guess now there is no point in hoping to get back what I lost...I had like 20+onyx medals, all my fortifications but Decoy and Silverback fully upgraded, all my mutators, all the executions, all but 1 ribbon, I just barely got Anthony Carmine and next thing you know there is an update and boom....its all gone...I am not going to go on a rampage "EPIC YOU SUCK" comment because I understand that they are working hard on the issue....but I would atleast like to know if they are actually doing something about this or atleast for an update on the issue and whether some people have gotten their levels back or not...because like what has already been stated some of us spent countless hours working on some of those achievements and stuff...I had all my Horde and Beast medals, including the ones on Beating Horde and Beast on Insane and what is wierd is that my medal next to my name is "Cog Killer" but still shows that I did not get the onyx medal on the medal list

So yeah...hopefully there is some sort of update soon on what has been done so far...because I don't like the thought that players are putting their information on the reset list thread but they aren't going to do anything about it

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: YamataOrochi UK

Gamertag YamataOrchi UK Level 30 1st-reup 10 onyx medals

You'd think EPIC would of solved this since Gears 2 o0

They suck

"Picks up sniper aims through recital scoop positions over your head pulls the trigger BOOM headshot" - Nighty Night

Banned

Does anyone else think that epic might be doing this reset DELIBERATELY?

If people get reset they have to spend MUCH longer playing the game to get all the achievements and medals they were working towards

Why don't epic give a full explanation of WHY this is happening for so long and to so many players?

We have consumer rights, epic is just a company like any other, we have the right to complain and be angry

I want to know why my online stats that appear after a match were not deleted but the rest were

I want to know how an update can affect my personal hard drive, how does that happen if not intentional? Why is it able to happen in the first place?

I hate all the people defending epic as well, like little kiss arses, WHY DEFEND THEM WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WRONG, not us

People who say you should have made a back up are shifting the blame onto us, NOT OUR FAULT, epic ****ed up, not us, epic are to blame for the reset problem, they created it, not us

Epic are the ones who should be making the back ups, especially knowing that the problem exists beforehand

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: YamataOrochi UK

[QUOTE=VulKliN;30260835]Does anyone else think that epic might be doing this reset DELIBERATELY?

If people get reset they have to spend MUCH longer playing the game to get all the achievements and medals they were working towards

Why don't epic give a full explanation of WHY this is happening for so long and to so many players?

We have consumer rights, epic is just a company like any other, we have the right to complain and be angry

I want to know why my online stats that appear after a match were not deleted but the rest were

I want to know how an update can affect my personal hard drive, how does that happen if not intentional? Why is it able to happen in the first place?

I hate all the people defending epic as well, like little kiss arses, WHY DEFEND THEM WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WRONG, not us

People who say you should have made a back up are shifting the blame onto us, NOT OUR FAULT, epic ****ed up, not us, epic are to blame for the reset problem, they created it, not us

Totally agree with you dude if EPIC really cared they would of sorted this out long ago. This happened in Gears 2 they had a long time to fix this stupid problem they have no excuses and people who say they frequently update the game for the users the updates are **** and the game still has many problems online with it stupid op weapons

"Picks up sniper aims through recital scoop positions over your head pulls the trigger BOOM headshot" - Nighty Night

YOU GUYS OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE, BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR MONEY EARNED FROM YOUR FELLOW GEARS BUT YOU DON'T RESTORE OUR LEVEL REMBERSE US FOR OUR PROBLEMS OR NOTHING. But it's all good. You guys realllllllly need to get to the bottom of this problem.
    AND BY THE WAY THIS IS MY 3RD TIME BEING RESET AFTER REUPING

gamertag xxedmoxx add please level 95 15 onix medal and lost the entire contents of beta, skin (flaming and golden) and need help coletrain characters do not speak English {}

Richada41 - Level 64 Blue, 56 Onyx medals, the rest all gold

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Level 94 16 onyx 131 ribbons. Gone. Back up to level 45 now. 1 new onyx and a mess of unlockables. Was going to do the unlock USB thing but too afraid it will mess up other games and profile. Epic. If you care please reply to our post. Not one of the epic police but a real official reply. Your not listening or helping

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Davidson1312 PSN ID: ChrisJD07

Davidson1312 - Rank 72 - 4 Onyx Medals - Reset via turning Xbox on, seeing that all my progress had disappeared for no reason.

SS Cpt Kenpachi - Rank 98 - 6 Onyx medals "don't really care about them" - Super pissed and might as well sell the game now since it looks like there's no fix.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Wow. You are so right. Got in touch with someone at CNN tech and they were interested in the story. They are researching it the last few days. Seems like Epic games is really in the wrong on this one. Fingers crossed . It is about time we break out of this forum that just seems like a place to control us and filter what epic hears.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Retro at Heart View Post

Happily now there is an Official thread on the Rank reset issue I have decided I am now only going to continue this page as a place to talk about the issue

OK So I assume you have been rank reset and that is what's brought you here, Rank resets occur due to a corruption of your "player data" file. You usually won't know that your player data file has been corrupted until you boot up the game and press start at the main menu and see that you are now rank 1. Unfortunately, once you have pressed start at the main menu your corrupted player data file will also overwrite your server data when you pressed start. That is why EPIC cant do nothing to restore it, as soon as this happens there is NO way to recover your data unless you made a backup beforehand.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

FIRSTLY
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Please submit how you Reset Happened at the OFFICIAL reset information gathering thread:-

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...set-to-Level-1

SECONDLY

If you have been reset and do not have a backup you will then have to perform the following if you want to be able to obtain seriously 3
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-to-Rank-Reset

I only just did this Christmas Day and it worked, yes you will have to play campaign again but now I can unlock the Friendly fire, for the horde!, and the avatars!

THIRDLY

Check out the below thread to backup your player data and prevent losing everything again
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/839290-UPDATED-AGAIN-What-to-do-if-your-rank-is-reset-amp-how-to-backup-your-data!!!?highlight=backup

FOURTHLY

Eject the disc when you get screen freeze this apparently reduces the chance of your profile being reset
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/869722-UPDATED-if-your-game-freezes!-follow-this-step-to-avoid-rank-reset!?highlight=eject

! am not adding anymore people thread is now an exclusive 150 members

1. Kwack R, Rank 100, 12 Onyx,
    2. R E 7 I2 0, Rank 100, 23 Onyx,
    3. H3AB0 daSAVAGE, Rank 100, 18 Onyx,
    4. fredflintstoned, Rank 100,
    5. Bigdevilkings, Rank 100,
    6. KASHMIRIx, Rank 100,
    7. XxRAGExX, Rank 100,
    8. iDarv, Rank 100, (recovered from USB backup)
    9. FAZ LUFC,
    10. BADCHEF01,
    11. Skinnybin, Rank 100, 48 Onyx,
    12. Frederik cool, Rank 87, 5 Onyx,
    13. Scmark15, Rank 100, 26 Onyx,
    14. Shulamm, Rank 97, 28 onyx,
    15. Bulletsforfree, Rank 97, 7 Onyx
    16. Hallowed Demise, Rank 98, 4 Onyx,
    17. SRJB, Rank 100, 20ish Onyx,
    18. VicDBEST Level 100
    19. OpusX, Rank 93
    20. Sevy 259, Rank 100, 7 Onyx
    21. Monster Rages, Rank 86, 10 Onyx
    22. Satansgeneral93, Rank 100, 8 onyx, s
    23. GnasherAnt, Rank 100, 17 Onyx
    24. DaBrownBomber00, Rank 100 15 Onyx Medals,
    25. D3monWishNet Rank 93 20 Onyx,
    26. IaaaMexiiicaaan, Rank 100, 10 Onyx,
    27. Shext2, Rank 89, 10 Onyx,
    28. Thundercrush, (restored from backup)
    29. N0F34R87, Rank 81, 2 Onyx,
    30. Jellybean-6969, Rank 92, 4 onyx,
    31. habbacab, Rank 94, 13 Onyx,
    32. innerknightmare, Rank 82, 8 onyx,
    33. WrathHell, Rank 100, 14 Onyx, recovered from backup
    34. S2501Y, Rank 89, 32 Onyx, Screen f
    35. WolveriineS, Rank 100 5 onyx,
    36. RuSsIianSpY, Rank 100, 21 Onyx
    37. xDC Roamax, Rank 97, 6 onyx,
    38. KAOS REAP3R, Rank 100, 9 Onyx,
    39. ECusernamesX, Rank 91, 18 onyx medals,
    40. HashHeed, Rank 100 , 9 onyx ,
    41. Gunslanga904, Rank 100, 19 Onyx Medals,
    42. Sareeyato, Rank 91, 9 Onyx,
    43. Ashken18, Rank 95, 9 Onyx,
    44. Jattz Prodigy, Rank 91, 16 Onyx,
    45. UnholyRelic, Rank 94, 18 Onyx
    46. Beach8Me, Rank 90,
    47. xXBlackRozeXx, Rank: 100, Onyx 17,
    48. Miffin Steed, Rank 91, f
    49. SinVirus, Rank 100, Onyx 15,
    50. TLK Spires, Rank 78, 6 Onxy,
    51. sQ G T3rr0R, Rank 100, Onyx 17,
    52. SumSkittles, Rank 100, 13 onyx,
    53. V Aiew, Rank: 100, Onyx 6,,
    54. GoW 3 Killa, Rank 92, and had 51 onyx medals.
    55. WaRgAzM999, Rank: 80, Onyx 7.
    56. L3Th4l PrOdiGy, Rank: 100, Onyx medals:7,
    57. dreadkong, Rank 91
    58. JIMMI 1887,
    59. Leech Zombie, Rank: 100, Onyx Medals: 12,
    60. thebabaganooosh lvl. 100, 8 Onyx
    61. K S Hiroki, Rank: 100, 9 Onyx..
    62. Ro8371X, Rank 93, 7 onyx,
    63. mikemc420 lvl 100 9 onyx I
    64. PYG SYST3M Level: 100 onyx medals: 15,
    65. Raam™ Rank: 74,
    66. Mosh dude, Rank 74,
    67. Dloc0923 level 100 onyx 20,
    68. Shot inthe Dark, rank 100,
    69. OwGhOsTwO, level 100. 9 Onxy,
    70. Piyi Piyi, Rank 100, 22 Onyx
    71. Kill Process, Rank 89,
    72. Mihn Dude, Rank 100, 52 onyx,
    73. Dead Cell Raam, Onyx 8,
    74. haydapaul, onyx=9, lv-89,
    75. RayzoRay, Rank 96, 22 onyx medals,
    76. BluffDarqfox, Rank 100, 15 Onxy,
    77. sgt time monkey, level 100, 17 onyx,
    78. Habearu, Rank: 100, 49 Onyx.
    79. xiSukxDemonicRank: 100, 17 Onyx.
    80. Cartman395, rank 100, 17 onyx,
    81. LGS Coeos, Rank 100, Onyx 21,
    82. wanes16years, Rank: 63, Onyx 0 (thank god),
    83. GeNeTiC PaNZeR- rank: 100- Onyx medals- 17
    84. nightcreature55 rank 100, 25 onxy,screen
    85. Ash Ketchum, Rank: 100, 27 Onyx,
    86. A Menacing Twig, Rank: 34, 1 Onyx.
    87. DeliciousWyte, Rank: 100, 19 Onyx,
    88. AutoPsychotic, Rank: 100, 33 Onyx.
    89. o Axsell o, Lvl 100, 16 onyx medals.
    90. TaelsMD, level 100,
    91. sonicjav, level 100, 9 onxy
    92. Kiranthechamp
    93. sonicjav, level 100, 9 onxy,
    94. shooter147live lvl 94 onyx 7
    95. CoronaryTRAUMA, Rank 77, 12 Onyx,
    96. SHINMAV007, Rank 76, 7 Onyx,
    97. CubicalComa74, Level100, 17 Onyx Medals,
    98. Franklucas 13, rank 89,
    99. Optimuz Rimez lvl 88.
    100. Coley and Scott, Rank 100,
    101. SF Mango, level 23
    102. Pure Aztec, Lvl: 89, Onyx: 5-10,
    103. KoV KINGSUICIDE, Level 80, 6 Onyx medals,
    104. Chrimbus manRank: 88, Onyx 10-15,
    105. Leporo, Rank: 83, Onyx Medals Earned: 11-12,
    106. orh2004, Rank 100, Onyx Medals Earned: 25,
    107. kenchxxx, Rank: 100, onyx medals: 10,
    108. Ryuhozukimaru, Rank: 100, Onyx 25+,
    109. ZeRo RESPEC7, rank: 100 Onyx 28,
    110. Crims0n Penguin, Rank: 99, Onyx Medals earned: 28,
    111. xXC0heedXx, Rank- 85, Onyx Medals- 5
    112. THA xGHOSTx, Rank: 100
    113. Super Hakage, Rank 79, 4 onyx,
    114. Rayne17: Rank 100, 26 onyx medals,
    115. KbM ViCTiMiZER,Rank: 85,Onyx 7 Onyx.
    116. KroonNLlvl: 100,
    117. EternalPredator, lvl 87, 6 onyx medals
    118. MARIO COES,Rank 6(Re-up)Onix Medals: 13
    119. SNEAKYninja ADJ Rank: 78 Onyx Medals: 8
    120. Sgt MilkajugRank: 93Onyx Medals: 2 or 3
    121. quidza, re-uped lvl 13, 22 onyx,
    122. RE4PRzRank: 100Onyx Medals: 20,
    123. Rtinia, Rank 62
    124. ODT JeromeFehr, Rank 100 Onyx, Medals Earned: 8 Onyx
    125. Lin MingweiRank: Lvl 53 reset to 1. Re up to 16 then reset again Onyx Medals: 4
    126. XLRENRank: Lvl 97 reset to 1 Onyx Medals: 8
    127. GoW Kkeeviinn 15 onyx medal
    128. Dredd50
    129. Inspirationz IIRank: 115, Onyx Medals Earned: 11 Onyx
    130. lL Pistola, Rank: first re up level 5, Onyx Medals Earned: 3 onyx
    131. xDC Roamax, Rank: 97Onyx Medals Earned: 6
    132. Wannabe Actuary, Rank: 13, after 1st prestige, Medals: 29 onyx
    133. NickY Cx, Rank 75
    134. Alpha Warrior86, level 100....10 onyx medals
    135. Red Link235, vl 18 re up 1 20 onyx medals
    136. Bres1, rank 100
    137. wh1teeout, Rank: 94, Onyx Medals Lost: 6 or 7
    138. SHMEEDIDDY, Rank: 100, Onyx Medals Lost: 26
    139. BLOODTH3RSTY, Rank: Re-up-1 Level 20 (green), Onyx Medals lost: 16
    140. Control Slotty, rank 25 1st re-up
    141. Hard Recoil, rank 83, onxy 8
    142. caboose gh0st, Rank: Re-Up once, level 5, Onyx medals lost: 34
    143. A sad sad panda, level 95 w/ about 10+ Onyx medals.
    144. Migs2solo level 26 (green) prestige 1, 27 onyx
    145. SicK x GoDsKiLz, Rank: 23, Onyx Medals Lost: 28 Onyx
    146. xX FurySh0tz Xx, Rank: Re-up Lvl 42, Onyx Medals lost: 13 onyx
    147. CanadaEH912, Rank: 40 (green), Onyx Medals Lost: 5-6
    148. o DiReX 0, lvl 100, 9 onyx medals....
    149. SilverBlood12 Level 72
    150. cMayhem99, green level 45. 16 Onyx Medals

My Personal Screen Freeze Record Starting 22/12/2011 I play approx 6 hours a day

22/12/11 - Beast Mode (during game play)

25/12/11 - Capaign Act 3 Chapter 3 In car firing vulcan at reavers via 4 player Arcade when Marcus said 'reaver in the road' (2nd Attempt HOST then froze) me and the host played from the beginning of the campaign 2 player and did not freeze once and then from Act 3 chapter 2 we started playing 4 player and then froze twice in Act 3 Chapter 3, Third time we did it with no problems

26/12/11 - Private Horde, Insane, three hard mutators, Thrashball, Wave 7, Middle of Wave

27/12/11 - Private Horde, Insane, three hard mutators, Trenches, Wave 22, Countdown timer stopped at 26 seconds

28/12/11 - Private Horde, Insane, three hard mutators, Thrashball, End of Wave 18 scoreboard

29/12/11 - Private Horde, Insane, three hard mutators, Thrashball, Wave 21/22, Between Horde Waves

01/01/12 - Private Horde, Insane, two easy mutators, Old Town, Wave 10, between Horde Waves
    01/01/12 - Private Horde, Insane, two easy mutators, Old Town, Wave 10, between Horde Waves

05/01/12 - Private Horde, Insane, three hard mutators, Old Town, Wave 36, Middle of Wave - http://youtu.be/RnGvBWfLkdE

10/01/12 - Private Campaign Split screen Act 2 Chapter 2 - End of Chapter I clicked restart chapter - then I heard an Xbox notification, then froze.
    10/01/12 - Public Beast - Blood Drive - Wave 8 End of Round

11/01/12 - Public Beast - Thrashball Wave 7 - Middle of Wave
    11/01/12 - Private Horde - Insane, three hard mutators, hotel, Wave Fail Screen, Host selected return to menu, the other 4 players (the whole team!) froze.

19/01/12 - Private Horde - Insane, three hard mutators, Anvil - End of Game Marcus Screen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVux89LdD8

26/01/12 - Private Campaign - 4 player - 3 easy mutators - Act 2 Chapter 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvT6pGxNgVU

29/01/12 - Private Horde - Insane, three hard mutators, Anvil, Wave 37, countdown timer stopped at 26 seconds
    I do not understand why this thread is set up as a 150 member thing. Seems kind of silly and makes people wonder why it was set up at all. Exclusive club?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Seems like the title of this thread is misleading and taking away from the severity of the rank reset problem. The title and the 150 exclusive seems to be labeling that the problem is only affecting 150 people when the actual problem is affecting thousands. Also the problem actually affects everyone who bought the title (Millions). Someone please start a thread that actually is going to do something about this.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4xSavag3xT1gr3

Alright so this is getting ridiculous!!! I just got reset again!! And i was using cloud this time as my storage device!!!! I barely got to level 42 after being reset from level 78 and now i am back to 10!! What is going on for real!! Are we ever going to get answers!!!!

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Quote Originally Posted by rburden View Post
    Wow. You are so right. Got in touch with someone at CNN tech and they were interested in the story. They are researching it the last few days. Seems like Epic games is really in the wrong on this one. Fingers crossed . It is about time we break out of this forum that just seems like a place to control us and filter what epic hears.
    It's a well known issue. It's been reported by several gaming review companies. It also is an issue EVERY game faces. This will get you nowhere.

Seems like the title of this thread is misleading and taking away from the severity of the rank reset problem. The title and the 150 exclusive seems to be labeling that the problem is only affecting 150 people when the actual problem is affecting thousands. Also the problem actually affects everyone who bought the title (Millions). Someone please start a thread that actually is going to do something about this.
    The author got tired of updating the thread. That's all.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Marrow Fiend

Fort Qu'Appelle Saskatchewan——Wishing he can play as a Lambent Drone :(
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LambentHammerB

Quote Originally Posted by TAO Devil View Post
    It's a well known issue. It's been reported by several gaming review companies. It also is an issue EVERY game faces. This will get you nowhere.
    Very true.
    Batman Arkham City - has the issue (not yet patched)
    Batman Arkham Asylum - has the issue (not yet patched)
    Mass Effect - has the issue (not yet patched) - happens on the PC version too
    Mass Effect 2 - has the issue (not yet patched) - know someone who actually just got it recently while playing through 1-3.
    Mass Effect 3 - has the issue (not yet patched)
    Monday Night Combat - has the issue (not sure if patched) - I've personally experienced it

I can keep listing games
    Oh yeah did I mention - Your Xbox Live Profile - has the issue and isn't patched either. A profile corruption = ALL DATA that's saved to your profile lost. This means your progress in the majority of XBL Arcade games - lost. Games which save stats (CoD, GoW, BF3) will also be reset. I know MANY who had this. I've experienced this and one I know had it happen about 2 months ago. So the issue still exists and is obviously much more significant as this profile corruption glitch will ALSO reset your Gears 2 and 3 stats.
    GT: LambentHammerB -- Trololol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Yjkzmleoc -- Twitter: LambentHammerB
    ||| LYCAN ||| - Commando Dom -- NFI - Savage Grenadier Elite -- Beezy8869 - Adam Fenix -- Genoo - Infected Omen -- Autopsychotic - Golden Lancer -- CallMeHost -- Golden Hammerburst -- Cher - Cole Plushie
    Flak -- MechanicBaird/Savage Kantus/Launch Skin Collection/Beta Tester T-Shirt/Stickers
    PopeAdrian37th
    - Jungle Tai/Aftermath Baird/Neon Armor -- BrainDeadDan - Brisk Skin Pack -- Richardson94 - Lambent Skin -- Parasidian - Young Dom -- GzB - Anya --DraconianBriana - Early Access -- CrypticAshes -- Team Metal

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: R E 7 I2 O PSN ID: -

1. Sorry I have been away I just travelled the USA so I could not maintain the thread

2. EPIC created an official thread and the time that coincided when I went away
    Need Brisk, Anya, Dom, and Alex skins
    Thanks Kracker Kid for Jungle Tai, xxSIKSxx for Baird skin-
    Thanks to Flak-tatsic for Reaper Skins
    Twitch -Cole Train Rap/Horde Montage, GOWJ FB Group

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: R E 7 I2 O PSN ID: -

The main purpose was for data collection, I collected the data and it was forwarded on to epic

It is pointless now for me to collect more as 150 or 1500 the averages would be approximately the same
    Need Brisk, Anya, Dom, and Alex skins
    Thanks Kracker Kid for Jungle Tai, xxSIKSxx for Baird skin-
    Thanks to Flak-tatsic for Reaper Skins
    Twitch -Cole Train Rap/Horde Montage, GOWJ FB Group

Sorry Epic, but I tried t0 cooperate with you guys about my rank reset. I am officially mad because i have been reset 3x now. And I still havent gotten my 1st reup things back from when i was first reset at 1st reup level 70. I really appreciate if any administrator could really assist me.

copy+pasting some of my post from the official thread:
    by the looks of the thread on here i'm not the first and it seems like epic isn't going to help me get it back. i'm mostly pissed at having 70/82 achievements and there's no way in hell i'm going to get ALL the medals (only needed like 15 more), try to find someone playing as kim to get that stupid foreshadowing achievement (was at 7/10), get the re-up achievements. if the only help they have is posting on this forum then this is kinda ****ed. not everyone wants to sign up for a message board for help on your product. also, can i get my $100 back for the limited edition and season pass?

I got reset 2 weeks ago,

from re-up 1 / rank 46 to rank 1 white again! lost all medals, had 6 onyx. all ribbons are gone.
    weird thing is, i still had the ivory skin equipped cant equip it now but it still shows ingame :/ so its there but i cant select it anymore!

Banned

Copy past from other thread since that's only for info:

Holy ****, just got reset to rank 1 an hour ago but I've got my rank back again.

I stopped playing Gears about 2 hours ago and unplugged my internetcable from my Xbox (I only have 1 cable in this room) without shutting it off and went back to the dashboard, and went online on my PC. I wanted to check something about my stats and went on the Xbox again (without plugging in an internetcable). As I started Gears 3 I immediatly noticed I didn't have to select my storage-device and it started unlocking all my weapon skins at the main menu. And there it was, a rank white level 1.

The first I could think of was to reconnect to the servers without saving my then-current level 1 so I shut off my Xbox without connecting to the servers, plugged in the internetcable and went back on Gears. And thank God, there was my level red 78 again. I didn't back up my files so I'm pretty happy now that it wasn't permanent.

Phew.... I feel like I dodged a bullet there

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: killermami77

I just got reset last night from green 39 to 1! I am furious that there isnt a better solution to this problem! Epic You Need to Do Better with this issue we as consumers spend too much time and money not to be addressed! Thank You I had to get that off my chest.
    Just got reseted! Life Suckz

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dr3amCa7cher

Hi.

My brother had played with his friend black ops zombies in co-op. Hi thinks that his friend was logined as Guest.
    After his friend left he put Gears of war 3 dvd in xbox. Second controler was still logined.
    Then at the screen where you must press start the game freezes at loading profile.

1. thing I have done was clear cache, but it didn't help.
    2. thinh I have downloaded my acc to owerwrite the current one. It didn't help.
    3. I went here to see if someone else had this problem.
    I have found that some people deleted player data and when they run the game it worked. And some get reset.
    Then I have moved current Player Data to usb stick and start the game. It worked but I got stat reset.
    Then I moved Player Data from usb to Hard drive to replace the reseted one.
    Then I remebered that Gears have war yournal and I went there to see what lvl I'm. It is lvl 1

Is there any way to fix this?

P.S
    After more searching....
    I guess that after i moved Player Data from hard drive to usb and then started the game and I chose to save on hard drive.
    Then game did pull my stats from server or make new ones?
    Either way it's lvl 1 without ribbons, medals. And now I think that this stats are stored on server.

I stil have player data which are before this had happend but I think they are corrupted.
    Because game freezes after I press start button to play.

Is there any way to read this data I have stored ??
    I'm green 78 or 79 lvl, ribbons(5 ribbons had left for achievement ) , I think plus minus 11 onyx medals...

If not is there any way to get proper Rank by achievement list.

If you guys don't know what to do, who can I talk to from Epic about this.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dr3amCa7cher; 04-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Just a little bump because I'm a little pissed about the censorship while trying to get answers to this problem.My recent response to a post asking about this was deleted as well as the thread that someone else made.So,heres again a "friendly" bump so this does not get buried .................Just my opinion but I feel as though I am definately not alone.Between game freezes and resets which are tied together like evil little twins,someone needs to let all of these poeple know including myself,what is up and what is being done about this other than"we are working on it".Unfortunately 3.0 is not obtainable after a reset which is a real problem to some who might want it and some achievements are locked as well because of it.Anyone ? Have been die hard fan since 06 and this is just so wrong the way this is being handled it is absolutely ridiculous.That having been said,all have a great weekend and try and enjoy some game.Peace .......

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Evening all................anyone up for some horde infinite,super and laugh ? On @ 8 eastern.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PugdogsDaddy View Post
    Just a little bump because I'm a little pissed about the censorship while trying to get answers to this problem.My recent response to a post asking about this was deleted as well as the thread that someone else made.So,heres again a "friendly" bump so this does not get buried .................Just my opinion but I feel as though I am definately not alone.Between game freezes and resets which are tied together like evil little twins,someone needs to let all of these poeple know including myself,what is up and what is being done about this other than"we are working on it".Unfortunately 3.0 is not obtainable after a reset which is a real problem to some who might want it and some achievements are locked as well because of it.Anyone ? Have been die hard fan since 06 and this is just so wrong the way this is being handled it is absolutely ridiculous.That having been said,all have a great weekend and try and enjoy some game.Peace .......
    Any question I have about the rank reset issue is being deleted. Just questions asking what happened to the sticky thread and If the problem is solved. It was useful hearing what they had to say. Will put some thought into recommending an epic game to someone. Hope fortnight does not have this problem. Also was a big enough fan to buy the crappy Bulletstorm just to play a gears beta. Wonder if they will do something similar to sell Fortnight copies.

MSgt. Shooter Person

^^^^
    What he said.
    Where did the sticky thread go for the rank reset issue?
    100s of people posted in it and not one response from any moderators about the issue....and now its gone?
    And people with inquiries about rank reset are having their threads deleted?

FOR SHAME EPIC.
    PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THIS MAJOR PROBLEM AND UNDERSTAND HOW TO BACK UP THEIR DATA.
    IF YOU ARENT GOING TO OWN UP AND FIX THE ISSUE AFTER NEARLY 8 MONTHS (NOT INCLUDING GEARS 2) , AT LEAST MAKE A STICKY IN THE MAIN GEARS FORUM OR IN GAME LETTING PEOPLE KNOW THEY NEED TO MAKE A BACK UP TO SAVE ALL OF THEIR TIME AND EFFORTS!!!!

I've been a fan of EPIC since gears 1 released and have supported and played all three for hundreds of hours on end, not even thinking of hearing peoples complaints and concerns....the game was just so damn good.....til now.

ILL THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING OR RECOMMENDING ANOTHER EPIC GAME.
    GT: Pr0 Turtle

The Kurgan 73 Rank 50 RED 45 Onyx
    C0WB0Y BRAND0N Rank 64 GREEN 24 Onyx
    Both reset 28th April 2012 1300 hours (What a very sad day)
    Playing Horde split screen with my son (Only 7) on Old Town. Screen froze at the end of wave 3. I always eject the disc but my son in his eagerness to play on switched the Xbox off and on again. That's when disaster struck. Tears and snot everywhere and that was just me. If I meet the owner of EPIC I will pull his arm off and beat him to death with the soggy end. Thanks to GD01 for the fix. It will take time but 3.0 will be mine (Not anytime soo though). Posted by a very MAD DAD and a heart broken little boy

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast