View Poll Results: Would you like to see more dark/rain based maps?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 83.87%
  • No

5 16.13%
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PUTLEADINURHEAD

Question Gears of war 3 could use more "night" maps

I was playing campaign with my some of my clan members and we were approaching Anvil gate and it struck me that the Anvil map that will come out on 1/17 is not during night time. If there is one thing that myself and almost everyone on here misses about gears of war it is the RAIN and DARKNESS, nearly every map in the first gears had rain or was in a very low light time of day (i.e Mansion, Escalation). If Gears of war 3 is to receive more maps (which it will) i think there should be a map pack that specifically has maps that are either rainy or dark (or both) called "Blackened" or something along those lines. I know that with the Unreal engine being modified over 6 years that the way the old dark maps look cant really be replicated with the current technology that it is coupled with but i would still like more nostalgic atmosphere in Gears of war 3,. I know i could just go back and play gears 1 (which i will be doing on Christmas eve) but Gears of war 3 is the dominant game in my collection. Bullet Marsh (Gow 1) is one of my top 5 favorite maps in that game, i played that map because of the atmosphere with lightning, thunder, rain , kryll etc. and GoW 3 Bullet Marsh is currently one of my favoirte maps to play on and i do appreciate that epic brought that map back, but i think we could have done w/o the moon. In any case should Gears of War 3 have more "dark maps"?
    I'm a Tier 2 WAR HOUND. Want to be a War Hound? Join Here!

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mullet Death

Yeah I'd like to have some dark maps, but as you mentioned with the current state of the Unreal Engine the "darkness" of the maps will not look the same. Just look at Gears 3 Bullet Marsh. That nostalgic feeling regarding the look of maps can't be properly replicated now.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PR0D1GY FLAM3

And make it even harder to spot out campers? No thanks you.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FerociousKitty

I love that atmosphere of the first gears of war, it was creepy and made it feel like everyone was doomed.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheYeche

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxProdigy View Post
    And make it even harder to spot out campers? No thanks you.
    I support. I want more dark maps so I can hide in a corner with my lancer and spray gamers down and have them send me private messages over the epic forums complaining about how they got killed and expressing that they are rather upset about it by denouncing their opponents skill level.

But in all seriousness. Yes I would love some more Dark, Misty, Foggy, Rainy maps. The dark feel to gears is what got me interested in it in the first place. Maybe a map based in Azura before the maelstrom got shut off? That would be awesome.
    WAR HOUNDZ GEARS CLAN FOUNDER JOIN TODAY NOW RECRUITING!
    TWITTER @THEYECHE

Redeemer
    At Tyro Station waiting for the train to stop
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears Gnasher

Won't happen. Epic wants colorful, happy maps to please the casuals who view dark maps as too foreboding and run away.

Banned

Yeah, more dark maps, because it already isn't hard enough to distinguish between some of the locust and some of the cogs. Yeah, thumbs up

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Valafar123

More dark maps.
    Loadout: Hammerburst MK-II / Gnasher Shotgun / Ink Grenade
    Twitter: Valafar123 | GT: Valafar123
    I suck with the judgment Gnasher and I can admit that. You don't see me complaining about the gun.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bowbow13

Bullet Marsh has always been one of my least favorite maps, and the darkness plays a part in it. I like maps like Ruins and Highway that are dark but not too dark. I like being able to actually see.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: greenblueman

i love dark maps because it makes me remember all the gow1 maps i would love to see maps like fuel depot, mansion, etc i love it. and just a fyi im a gnasher user who never camps ever and i have nver had a probably spotting people on dark maps maybe your just a little blind lol
    ...and on a side note does anyone know where the dedicated servers are that are stated on the back of the box...

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ROTFLCOPTER View Post
    Yeah, more dark maps, because it already isn't hard enough to distinguish between some of the locust and some of the cogs. Yeah, thumbs up
    Are you effing kidding me? The characters glow red or blue depending on their team. As if gow3 doesn't hold your hand enough, they hold your eyes for you too. your enemy can be on the corner of your screen and you pretty much see "hey look over here..im your ****ing enemy." They also made the footsteps of enemies rediculously loud as a crutch for noobs who can't check their 6 (unfortunately it also helps hinder any stealth, surprise, and flank).

Did you Play the first gears? It was dark and gloomy, the characters didn't stand out any more than any other aspect of the map. Gears series has unfortunately grown too detached from what helped make the experience so great. Now the industry is about appealing to the casuals and having a piece of the CoD pie.
    Last edited by crossfadexx; 12-22-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Mechanic Baird/Kim /|\ Savage Grenadier Elite
    Flaming Hammerburst
    Green Xbox Gnasher (until its no longer exclusive)
    Infected Omen Lancer
    Gears of War: 1250/1250 Seriously: 1/1/2007
    Gears of War 2: 1750/1750
    Gears of War 3: 1350/1500

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: greenblueman

Quote Originally Posted by crossfadexx View Post
    Are you effing kidding me? The characters glow red or blue depending on their team. As if gow3 doesn't hold your hand enough, they hold your eyes for you too. your enemy can be on the corner of your screen and you pretty much see "hey look over here..im your ****ing enemy." They also made the footsteps of enemies rediculously loud as a crutch for noobs who can't check their 6 (unfortunately it also helps hinder any stealth, surprise, and flank).

Did you Play the first gears? It was dark and gloomy, the characters didn't stand out any more than any other aspect of the map. Gears series has unfortunately grown too detached from what helped make the experience so great. Now the industry is about appealing to the casuals and having a piece of the CoD pie.
    hahaha i love this its so true
    ...and on a side note does anyone know where the dedicated servers are that are stated on the back of the box...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: v aMaaZeD x

Nope. There is a fair amount of night maps. What we need is underground map, I loved them from Gears 2.
    Thanks to BRUTE for the Infected Omen Skin