View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an Unreal Editor and mod support for Bulletstorm?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to play custom content and I would even pay for the editor/mod support to mod!

8 34.78%
  • I would like to play custom content and I would like to mod for this game!

11 47.83%
  • I would like to play custom content./Yes, I think custom content would revive this game.

1 4.35%
  • I would at least check it out but I'm not sure whether I would play it or mod myself.

1 4.35%
  • Finally a reason to buy this game. (tell reason, e.g. waited for a PvP mode which was not included)

0 0%
  • I would at least consider trying the demo if there was custom content available for free.

0 0%
  • Not really./I don't think it makes much of a difference now/other reasons (explain).

2 8.70%
    God King

Unhappy An Unreal Editor and mod support for BS...

...can keep this game alive and maybe even get new players to play the game!

(I know this is pretty much pointless to request such things but better trying than being 100% sure that nothing will change. 0.001% probability of getting this wish fullfilled is better than if you do nothing and have a 0% probability as a result of that)
    I don't like "begging for something" but this game is just too good to stay in its current state (concerning popularity and playercount).

To show that at least a part of the small Bulletstorm fanbase could have some interest in free custom content/maps/mods and an editor I've opened the above poll as some kind of "signature collection".
    Therefore I'm asking all Bulletstorm fans out there: Vote on this poll and show your interest! This game has to be kept alive!

Nothing is lost yet, this game is truly a masterpiece which people should not forget about.
    It shall not live on in our minds as a commercial flop which completely died after like 2 years after its release (note that just about one year passed and the forum is basically dead and you're sometimes waiting for minutes until you get thrown into a lobby with other players in Anarchy). It would be such a shame!

I know the Bulletstorm subforums get visited like once in a week by not even a handful of gamers (which - sadly - is like a mirror of the playercount of this game) but free custom content is like a magnet for players - especially online players! It brings brand new, user-generated stuff to the game, the story can be expanded, coop support can be modded (which I would totally love to see and would even pay for), a balanced PvP multiplayer so many have been begging for could be created, etc. etc. etc..

I'm aware that it conflicts with Microsoft's GFWL system (which is somewhat based on paid DLC) and I'm also aware that Epic and Microsoft are somewhat "partners".

Could there - by any chance - be some compromise made to allow an Unreal Editor and mod support for this game?
    It has so much potential and is a very underrated game. The only thing this game needs to stay alive is the fanbase's creativity,
    which they could use to create content for it - for free - to keep players playing the game.

It's one of the reasons UT99 is still alive. It never becomes a boring game because of exactly that variety the players bring to the game with their self-made stuff (and because of its balanced competitive multiplayer - which then again could be modded for Bulletstorm if we, the gamers playing this game, were allowed to do that).

Here an idea how such a compromise could look like:
    To be able to play user-made content or mod yourself you would have to own the latest/all DLCs.
    This might even push the sales of the DLC if people are very interested in an editor and custom content for this game. And: it's just a one-time investition (unless there will be more DLCs which I doubt).

As I said: Just an idea.

Please, at least consider it PCF, Epic, whoever has the rights to decide about this.
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Please...

Cordially,
    Sly.
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-06-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Update of the compromise idea
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MDK1311

+1 from me.... BTW, Love your cat ^^
    MDK
    Lazyness is Effectiveness. It means getting the best by doing the least.

Iron Guard

We need to get in touch with somebody. Epic or PCF. Directly or indirectly through Epic Gamers members.

Every next week PCF is doing nothing is another nail in the coffin of this game, and there is someone alive inside. At least was, now it can be too late.

God King

Yup, you're right about that. I sent you a PM regarding this.

And I'm surprised that nobody has opened such a thread as mine before requesting this. At least the forum search didn't show me any petition.

I've been thinking about the ideal way of combining mod support/editor support with the paid DLC concept of GFWL and that's what I would do:
    To be able to play user-made content or mod yourself you would have to own the latest/all DLCs.

This might even push the sales of the DLC if people are very interested in an editor and custom content for this game. And: it's just a one-time investition (unless there will be more DLCs which I doubt).

Maybe someone has a better idea though.

Updated it in the first post as the previous idea wasn't that great.
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-06-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Iron Guard

I don't like DLC policy. I like big expansions but not DLC's unless they are free. Having to buy DLCs to play custom content... I would be furious :P. It's like constantly paying somebody for something they haven't made :P

God King

The problem is: I predict Microsoft would be like "You want what!? no wai!!!" if people could just make free custom content without having to "invest" into something.

I'm also against paying for DLC and stuff like that, but heck, for being able to mod and map for this game I definitely would! I always wanted to use its assets and make something great/make my own Echo map/Anarchy map...

S l y .

Iron Guard

Well... So PCF/Epic's answer should be like "Ok, so were going to Steam", at least with PC version

God King

Please not... I would have a butchered version of Bulletstorm then. I specially ordered from Austria to have an uncut Limited Edition.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW DEAD ECHOS!
    Do you recall this trailer? I do. With editor and mod support we could do such stuff PCF and Epic! Wouldn't that be awesome?
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-07-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Limited Edition, not Anarchy Edition, that's what happens when you ordered Rage lol

S l y .

God King

Bumping this thread.

Just wanted to let some users who might be interested in this know that I've done anything I - as a regular forum user - could do.

I hope my plea got to one of the developers and that someday I might get an answer on this, I'm not sure when and I don't know if it will be a "yes" or (indirect) "no". As much as I doubt it will happen I hope that a "no" won't be the case. There is nothing to lose after all when including mod support.

PS: If you visit this thread and ever played Bulletstorm, please don't be afraid to vote on the poll.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

This would be a great bonus to the game! But while we think this should be a straight line equation, it apparently isn't. I can only speculate on what sort of friction prevents this from happening. Nevertheless there's a fair population who would give Bulletstorm a lot attention just for this alone. While I can't answer that question, I will at least show solidarity and say this is a good idea.

God King

Thank you Achernar!
    Nevertheless there's a fair population who would give Bulletstorm a lot attention just for this alone.
    Same thoughts here. Many have been hoping for mod support for this game. Many also have been hoping for a competitive multiplayer. Nothing that can't be done imo. Giving the community the possibility to do all the stuff they ever wanted to have in this game and create inofficial and well known (and usually often played) bonus packs somewhat like the famous UT "Community Bonus Packs" could make the group of UT players who didn't buy the game because of the lack of exactly these two things buy the game in the end. Better late than never.

S l y .

Iron Guard

I think that they don't have balls to do it :>.

Edit:
    The art of Bulletstorm article on CGSociety:
    http://www.cgsociety.org/index.php/C...l/bulletstorm1
    Last edited by Fartuess; 01-21-2012 at 04:31 PM.

God King

That's some nice stuff!
    Do you think they still have these high poly models? I mean, they officially said indirectly "there won't be a Bulletstorm 2" which would make me say they deleted them as they wouldn't need them anymore but... what if someday they would decide to do it? People can always change their mind. They would at least have models in better quality that might compete with the modern standards (depending on the duration of their wait). Really hope dev studios keep such stuff (especially since I'd like to check them out myself. Do you think they also have high resolution textures of the ingame textures?)

I'm asking myself whether it might be that one special arguable law that is making their decision/answer take so long...
    (Not trying to start a discussion about this "special law" here. Just have been writing down my thoughts. )
    Last edited by Sly.; 03-09-2012 at 07:19 PM.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up Any game with an editor is always a "buy" option plus!

Yeh! dont have bulletstorm yet, if someone decides to add an editor the probabillity of me buying goes up!!!
    CHECK OUT NEW RPG ALPHA MAP DEMO AND DOWNLOADS AT:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/slowman/addons

I am still looking for work opportunities!

God King

Slowman, the game is just awesome, even if there is no mod support (yet?) it's worth a buy. Sliding, kicking and leashing enemies is just fun, the Echo mode has an endless replayability and is good for a small 5-10min break, Anarchy is really amusing if you have some decent players in your squad that are capable of teamwork and the story is simply great and has a pretty and simply awesome presentation!

PS: Thanks everyone for voting on the poll! Whoever comes across this thread, I ask you to vote too, even if you don't own the game, please vote, just like Slowman did.

Still waiting for an official answer, still hoping it will be a yes, still hoping that it's the PIPA/SOPA/whatever the third law is now called-affair that is holding the decision back and delaying the response. These laws would be real killers for mod support and the modding community of any game and a danger to the companies and their websites such as every game content hosting site in itself.
    I really hope they got this desperate call by a fan.
    Last edited by Sly.; 01-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

I love Bulletstorm, and agree with Sly. Glad I bought this game. Why does it seem the games I love are the ones that get dumped? >>coughs (UT2K4/UT3/BS)<<

I voted for #2. I would never pay for DLC. I would much rather have the community mappers/modders create content. I'd love to see CTF/DM etc made for this game. Awesome weapons, characters and levels/content. Come on Epic!
    Last edited by SpY; 02-15-2012 at 02:27 PM.

God King

Haha, seems like we all suffer from the "fans of unpopular games"-syndrome.

S l y .

Iron Guard

It's their own fault...

Btw. Have you seen Far Cry 3 trailer? Just amazing

MSgt. Shooter Person

@Sly - not sure why.. the coolest most kick-ass games too...

still waiting on my UT3 shirt to arrive in the mail btw

The Sacrifice

Just saw this one and voted for #1
    All I need is just the map editor and I am more than happy to pay for the opportunity to make my custom maps to kick those slug's ass.
    BTW I already bought the game.

God King

Thank you for your support!
    I'm still hoping for an answer.

Now that we know that the chances to see Bulletstorm 2 are = 0%, it would be nice to get an UnrealEd for this game, wouldn't it?

Sly. r sad because Sly. r never gonna play BS2.

Sly. r even sadder, if Sly. r never gonna map for BS1.

I didn't get a BS UEd as a birthday present this year but...
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Sly.; 04-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.

S l y .

Iron Guard

I'm planning having apprenticeships in PCF in this summer holidays. I probably won't have chances of touching BS but maybe i'll find out how they're looking at their last game. I'm not sure if they're accepting apprenticeships. I'm going to send them e-mail sometime. My second choice is Reality Pump by the way

God King

I wish you good luck!
    If I were to apply for one as well, I would also choose PCF. It's the closest gamestudio I can think of, their games rock and the language would be no deal, not a "foreign language" like English (although I have no trouble with speaking and writing I prefer a language I know since my kids days ). And one can be sure they work with the UE.
    Last edited by Sly.; 04-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thumbs up UDK unreal Inovation!!!

Well! I just got an ideia!!! its kind of "inpossible" but...
    What if Epic did a "UDK" that can let "Edit" any unreal engine game???
    like just intall it over any "UE3 game" and presto!!!...
    next you know it your editing "BS"!!!

God King

The problem would be that it would lead to trouble. Not every UE3 game has the same version, not every developer wants their UE3 game to be edited, often they want to sell their DLC. Epic would have some trouble with these developers, other than that it would mean that you could just "steal" stuff from other UE3 games.
    There's no way one can/should make an all-around UEd.
    Well, I've got a solution for the DLC / mod support conflict... But apparently developers are not interested in that concept. I doubt there will be any more DLCs, that's why I don't understand why there will be no UEd for BS. It could keep this game alive for decades, see Unreal.

S l y .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Question BS is a "half" game told-me a fan!

Well I have to admite that a dude that is a fan of BS told-me that he finished the game in one day and that it looked like it was a "half" game!!!...
    ...he did not belive when he got to the end! "of corse in sigle player mode", and he is in shock that there is no "To be continued..." in this game...
    ...In termes of story wise it looks like its to have a sequal...
    ...the questions are:
    a- the team did not have time to finish the game!
    b- the team had more inportante stuff to take care of!
    c- it is a big bluff and ther is a 2nd game coming!
    d- There was a "RADICAL" change of plans and we got the what was done till now! and thats it!!!
    e- sales on the game did not inpress and soo fotget it!
    f- BS was just a psicological test study on the market to see how it reacted!!!

choose you option...

Redeemer

Voted last option, because this game is even more deaded as unreal 3.

When will you people learn that Unreal and Unreal Tournament are two completely different games? (And bumping 11 month old threads isn't any better either, especially when talking about a game you consider dead anyway.)
    Wormbo's UT/UT2004/UT3 mods | PlanetJailbreak | Unreal Wiki | Liandri Archives

<@Mych|Lockdown> ...and the award for the most creative spelling of "Jailbreak" goes to ... "Gandis Jealbrake Server"
    Note that your questions via PMs will be ignored if they actually belong in the forum.

God King

Yeah, sadly the game is pretty much dead.

However, considering that GFWL gets shut down, I wouldn't see a reason why not to release a UEd. I doubt the DLCs will be sold anymore either way due to this - unless they patch the game and include Steam instead. But then a Workshop would be still nice.

S l y .

Skaarj

Quote Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
    When will you people learn that Unreal and .)
    troll loser, If you don't like this game just shut the hell up and go away, play your crap jail break instead of make some garbage, flaming Bulletstorm here.