Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Losthursday

Default 3rd DLC - 1/17/12 - FENIX RISING OUT NOW! - ¡TU3 NOTES!

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS AND NEW FLYTHROUGH VIDEOS!
    General Information:
    Release Date: January 17, 2012
    Price: Included in the Season Pass or 800 MSP on the Xbox Live Marketplace ($10)

TU3 NOTES: Official Post
    Gears of War 3 Title Update Coming January 11

By | January 09 , 2012 11:13 PM • 209 Views

A new Title Update for Gears of War 3 will be available January 11, 2012 and will be downloaded automatically by starting Gears 3 while connected to Xbox LIVE. The update will include a variety of balance tweaks, bug fixes and more. Here’s a sneak peek at some of what you can expect to see:

Improvements
    1. All unlockable and non-purchasable characters are unlocked for System Link play. Online play still limits players to characters that they have unlocked or have purchased through DLC.
    2. “Classic” stalemates are now enabled on the Execution and Warzone playlist. An option exists in private Execution to disable classic stalemates and re-enable the man-up rule.
    3. The ghost camera can be raised and lowered using the Xbox controller d-pad.
    4. “Must Active Reload” mutator has been made more restrictive. Issues with the Torque Bow and OneShot have been fixed.
    5. “Retribution” ribbon is now compatible with dedicated servers.
    6. Holding the “Y” button before being in range of a DBNO player and then walking into activation range will start the execution sequence. This is similar to holding “X” to queue up a weapon pickup sequence when walking into range of a dropped weapon.

Exploit Fixes
    1. Removed Hammerburst and Longshot exploits with using the iron-sights/scope on Mercy where a player could shoot from a concealed position near the Sanctuary bells. Damage will not register when players are using the scope or iron-sights from that concealed position.
    2. Fixed the OneShot exploit on Drydock. Players will be pulled out of the OneShot mounted pose when in certain positions.

General Fixes
    1. A second player signing in on the loading screen before entering the pre-game lobby will no longer cause profile issues.
    2. The transition from spectator player view to ghost camera view will no longer force the ghost camera view to point upwards.
    3. The map cycle in QuickMatch is now randomly ordered.
    4. DLC that is not owned by the current player will no longer stop the player from using DLC they do own.
    5. Horde will no longer use the Versus weapon swaps. Horde players will have Hammer of Dawn and Mortar spawns on Overpass again.
    6. Fixed the lens flare on a scoped Longshot not appearing for a player facing left.
    7. Xbox system notifications have been moved out of the way of kill messages in competitive multiplayer. They now show up in the top center of the screen.
    VIDEO FLYTHROUGHS

SLAB FLYTHROUGH

ANVIL

ACADEMY
    FAQ

You cannont "Re-up" unless you have the Fenix Rising DLC. The Re-Up system will remain available only through the DLC as pointed out by Pete.
    https://twitter.com/#!/PeteNub/statu...24628178608128

Also any XP Earned after reaching level 100 doesn't carry over.
    https://twitter.com/#!/PeteNub/statu...23648800235520

No plans for a booster Map Pack. If you want to play the Fenix Rising Maps you need to get the DLC
    https://twitter.com/#!/PeteNub/statu...27828596142080

Your Onyx medals do not get reset just your Rank and XP
    https://twitter.com/#!/PeteNub/statu...30702034120705
    MAPS

Escalation - Haldane Hall has been the home of the Fenix family for countless generations. But the only history that matters to Marcus’s are his memories of warm summer evenings spent with his mother, Elain, relaxing in the estate’s gardens. Sadly, all the estate’s history and beauty was lost when the Locust destroyed it in an attempt to kidnap his father.

Academy - The lineage of the Fenix family can be traced back along a distinguished line of military officers. Officer training at the Oracle Academy was simply the expected path for Marcus, and he had visited the grounds many times in expectation that he would walk the same path as his ancestors. But it was not to be, and Marcus broke with tradition to be with his best friends Dom and Carlos. Like any number of fine Seran traditions, the Academy is now lost to the invasion of the Locust Horde.

Slab- Convicted for insubordination and treason, Marcus was incarcerated in Jacinto Maximum Security Prison. Known as “The Slab”, this prison is not a correctional facility – it’s a place where Sera’s worst offenders are locked up and forgotten. The inmates are brutal, parole is not an option, and the average life expectancy is about two years. But that was before the Locust showed up, and what couldn’t get worse, suddenly did. Now your life expectancy there is around 2 minutes.

Anvil - The fortress of Anvegad was called Anvil Gate because its impenetrable walls were forged in the fires of war. Huge cannons sat atop battlements that guarded sprawling walls running the line of the UIR borders. Marcus went there to find Hoffman, and they both thought that Anvil Gate would offer protection from the incoming forces of Locust and Lambent. They were wrong, and little remains other than the ruined shell of a once mighty fortress.

Depths - The excessive opulence of Azura defied all normal reasoning. But Adam Fenix could see the cracks in the veneer of splendor from the moment he arrived at this underwater processing center. And all that beauty mattered not at all once he was held captive by the Locust. Out of options, he had to find a way to contact Marcus, and finally reveal the truths he’d been keeping to himself for all these many years.

Character Skins
    COG
    Recruit Clayton - Clayton was born a Gear, grew up a Gear, and on the very day he became eligible, he signed himself up to become the capable, confident, and devoted Gear he’d always known he could be.

Thrashball Cole - Special Limited Edition - The Cole Train prefers to take the most direct path to the Locust Horde in any situation. What he lacks in finesse, he makes up in raw energy.

Locust
    Savage Kantus- Special Limted Edition - The Savage Kantus were profoundly impacted by the loss of the Hollow. They have reverted to a primal, shamanistic state, and their battle cries have taken a dark, melancholy turn. Few sounds are as terrifying to human ears.

Savage Marauder Drone - Locust Marauders were the first to form any sort of organization outside of the Hollow – if their brutal infighting and bloodthirsty raiding parties could truly be called organized.
    New Systems

Re-Upping - Essentially a "prestige" System. Players can "re-enlist" and begin their rank from 1 again after reaching level 100. All unlocks and Custom Items remain as well as medals unlocked. Additionally Re-Upping grants you access to new Weapon Skins! - You can Re-Up through the Four Tiers of Colors. Bronze>Red>Green>Gold.

Every Re-Up earns players a new weapon skin obtainable only after Re-upping.

-Re-Up Plasma - Animated Plasma in GOLD!
    -Re-Up Omen - Shiny Red Omen!
    -Re-Up Electric - Animated Golden Electric Shocks!

- The Rank Number will change color depending on the Rank you are currently on. Colors: Red, Green and Blue
    - Your Rank and XP is reset back to the beginning. Unlocked items and custom items are not reset
    - Medals are not reset
    Achievements
    250 points in Achievements.

Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)

Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)

Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)

Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)

Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)

I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)
    Screens Released

Maps:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    ESCALATION

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    ANVIL

DEPTHS

SLAB

ACADEMY

Characters:
    RECRUIT CLAYTON

MARAUDER

SAVAGE KANTUS

THRASHBALL COLE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Losthursday; 01-17-2012 at 08:07 AM.

oh boy here we go

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jords A Jedi

Re-upp system?!
    Prestige mode?!
    ESCALATION LOOKS BEAUTIFUL

Banned

Re-Upping, **** yeah.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NL Grexoz

Nothing new realy to be honest, The charaters are the charaters that we know, The maps, Meh need to some some footage. the new ranking system is good tho.
    Thanks to everyone that are helping making the community a better place !
    Follow me on Twitter!

im not done reading it all the way, but:

On the Locust side, the add-on will unlock a special limited edition version of the very popular Savage Kantus
    i look forward to the ****storm of butthurt.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WMD The Judge

Yes! Yes! Now they begin to understand!!! Xd
    Gears of War: 1250/1250 Gears of War 2: 1750/1750 Gears of War 3: 1825/2000
    Locust: Theron Elite.
    COG: Chairmen Prescott
    Gears of War 2: Level 100
    Gears of War 3: Level 216

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Voodoo NachoMan

a limited edition of the savage kantus?.. im thinking that the savage maurader and creeper are the slightly chnaged pre order characters for the locust.
    also re-up is going to be sweet. looking forward to all the new maps aswell although escalation has me a bit worried due to hight advantge being a huge advantge even without power weapons.
    nice find
    Last edited by Voodoo_nachoman; 12-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    SGE [/] Savage Kantus [/] Comando Dom [/] Mechanic baird [/] Adam Fenix [/] Infected Omen [/] Liquid Green [/] All Beta Unlocks [/]
    CoG-Mechanic baird Locust-Savage Greindier Elite
    want to hear a joke? Season pass

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: q Eddie p

thank you very much...prestige whooo!
    Gearhead since E-Day 2006 (1080/1250)
    Gears 2 Vet since June 2011 (1750/1750)
    Gears 3 lvl 100/100 Prestige 3/3 Medals 59/65
    Golden Hunter <> B. Carmine
    Onyx Lancer <> Golden Gnasher

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Losthursday

This sounds like a really awesome DLC. I can't wait. I'll keep updating the OP pulling out the bits of Information.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tesco Jeans

Prestige system. Yesss!!!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DK PISSARTIST

im confused with the wings part, i and alot of others already have gold wings :S

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UIR Onyx Scott PSN ID: NI_Locust

Re-up - good.

Maps - escalations back baby!

But what's this **** with the characters! Thrash ball cole? Are you kidding me? ****ing exclusive my ass!
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NL Grexoz

Quote Originally Posted by Chris637 View Post
    im confused with the wings part, i and alot of others already have gold wings :S
    It will become bronze, And then ya need more XP and more till it changes collours.
    Thanks to everyone that are helping making the community a better place !
    Follow me on Twitter!

MSgt. Shooter Person

This is going to be bad ass
    Chainsawing enemies since November 2006 :-)
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for Commando Dom
    Thanks to CHEZMO619 for the liquid green skins
    Thanks to Ratman Fi for the Flashback map pack
    Thanks to *Zap* for Adam Fenix

Redeemer

YEEEAHHHH!! only savage kantus not SGEEE!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! and com dom and MB are not mentioned either! ESCALATIOOON YEEEEEEEAAA!!!!! and the prestiges and stuff to unlock even more YEAHHHH I want the last skin
    also big thanks to Losthursday and Flak for the Savage Kantus code, I can't describe how grateful I'm, seriously guys u are the bests
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexisonfire View Post
    Yes. From now Im going to be a transexual on the internet so people will be nice to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TenTonDog

Escalation!!! Whooooopp! One of my all time faves!!
    Dom: You ever get the feeling she's just d*cking with us?
    Baird: No Dom, this feels like a pretty sincere attempt on my life.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Now, everyone is going to play as savage kantus.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rainbow Dash LE

Classic clayton yay! This is good get too rank up again whoo without getting rank reset
    Fellow Bronies and Pegasisters feel free to add me ~ Wind Beneath Her Wings ~ Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash
    Gears of War ~ R.I.P
    Born November 7, 2006 ~ Died March 19, 2013
    Injustice: God Among Us ~ April 16, 2013 ~ Playing as Harley Quinn

Iron Guard

There we go once more with one month of people ejaculating thinking about the DLC and then complaining for years when it's out.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BONGOFD3STINY

"Very popular Savage Kantus" they are gunna be everywhere.
    Ah escalation brings back memories though can't wait for that.
    I see they found a word for "Prestige" then, im liking Re-up and it's unlocks but the problem is how is this going to effect the rank reset glitch?

Gears 2 - \\*//
    Gears 3 - Lvl.40
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for the Savage Kantus

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

How's re-upping going to be effected by the rank reset?
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLocust View Post
    Re-up - good.

Maps - escalations back baby!

But what's this **** with the characters! Thrash ball cole? Are you kidding me? ****ing exclusive my ass!
    They are probably going to make it so we can tell the difference very easily with this Thrashball Cole, and the one we secured in the Beta
    My guesses for the SK is it'll be bathed in red to represent the Locust.

250gamer score...
    My theories, Weapon achievements, and Re-upping the first time, second time, and last time?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist4 View Post
    Now, everyone is going to play as savage kantus.
    hopefully it will look different from the normal sk
    SGE [/] Savage Kantus [/] Comando Dom [/] Mechanic baird [/] Adam Fenix [/] Infected Omen [/] Liquid Green [/] All Beta Unlocks [/]

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: antatemo

i was always wondering what the slab would be like as a map....
    On Twitter -\\★//- 3/12/2011 Massive thanks to the Legend that is III LYCAN III for Mechanic Baird and Yosoypr for Jungle Tai

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TiNY x AssAssin

I find the name...amusing
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott
    My fellow Gears...IT'S TIME TO BOOGEY!!!
    Everton Football Club

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

How's re-upping going to be effected by the rank reset?
    oh dear.. thats not going to be good

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Jords A Jedi View Post
    They are probably going to make it so we can tell the difference very easily with this Thrashball Cole, and the one we secured in the Beta
    My guesses for the SK is it'll be bathed in red to represent the Locust.

250gamer score...
    My theories, Weapon achievements, and Re-upping the first time, second time, and last time?
    It will be a slightly different COLOR, but this is real bs in my opinion. Exclusive? Lmfao yeah right....
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jmfchuckie

So happy they didn't do the Call of Duty route. I am only Level 51, but I will at least get 1 Prestiege before summer. Probably another in summer.
    Thank you to~ Whipped Mean, x6nat, Nobukara, Kenagain, and III LYCAN III all for codes!
    [11] Please do not come to these forums looking for DLC codes. We also do not allow code trading on the Epic Forums. Unfortunately some baddies scammed forum members so we do not allow it. You are also not permitted to sell codes/items or use codes/items to try to get subscribers/follower on YouTube or other sites. All contests must be approved by a mod.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeFighter View Post
    YEEEAHHHH!! only savage kantus not SGEEE!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! and com dom and MB are not mentioned either! ESCALATIOOON YEEEEEEEAAA!!!!! and the prestiges and stuff to unlock even more YEAHHHH I want the last skin
    They might still be in it, or in the next DLC. If Thrashball Cole and Savage Kantus are coming then the others will too lol.

Redeemer

i know prestige was happening... too much evidence and rushing people to 100
    Thanks Flak/Losthrusday for the Adam Fenix <3 // thnx Jill for being so sweet and the flame skin
    TY Voodoo_nachoman for the flammerburst
    TY lycan for the SK I knew you would be here some day

Redeemer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Avengers Prime

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
    @TheInsaneHorde
    @HMSSourDiesel
    @TheEGFC

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Jords A Jedi View Post

250gamer score...
    Seriously 3.0 is already impossible enough. I guess they'll be just "play xx times on every map, win a game on every map, play as a new character xxx times" etc...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Veteran
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour. Ohhhh, yeahh!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drewberry Dash

I thought thrashball Cole was beta exclusive?
    Nunchy Cakes
    Unban Tigers!
    I'm indifferent as to what happens with Mike!
    Unban Crimson INinja!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

It will be a slightly different COLOR, but this is real bs in my opinion. Exclusive? Lmfao yeah right....
    I know how you feel dude, I guess we'll have to switch to the Beta Tester medal?
    I'm sure Epic will bring us news to help ease our hearts.
    In the meantime, let's go destroy sandcastles.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TiNY x AssAssin

Jim: For the COG team, the Fenix Rising add-on will unlock Recruit Clayton (Clayton Carmine as he appeared when he first enlisted) and a special limited edition version of Thrashball Cole. On the Locust side, the add-on will unlock a special limited edition version of the very popular Savage Kantus, and a brand new Savage Marauder Drone.
    Beta Thrashball Cole?!? Still no Skorge. Well looks like beast mode is left alone again, at least I can hope that will be the next DLC for Gears

Prestige system = WIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott
    My fellow Gears...IT'S TIME TO BOOGEY!!!
    Everton Football Club

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Ninja View Post
    I thought thrashball Cole was beta exclusive?
    I'm pissed off, can't believe they have done this.
    @Scott_Lyle93

Extremely Serious

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DK is NEO

This..is..gonna..be..awesome.
    DK
    1st GoW achievement earned 16/11/2006 a long time ago!
    RE-UP 1
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for the LGS and Flak for the Avatar Lancer

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Theron Baird View Post
    Seriously 3.0 is already impossible enough. I guess they'll be just "play xx times on every map, win a game on every map, play as a new character xxx times" etc...
    True that. I am wishing for Weapon Achievements, like so many kills, just like the GoW 1 days :')

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast