Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ivanmckt PSN ID: Ivanmckt

Default Indicator for Active bullets or clips

There needs to be a more obvious way to know that your enemy has an active bullet, or clip. It's fustrating as all hell, when you put 2-3 bullets into a guy, and they just turn around with a one shot from mid range, instantly downing you. I am aware that the gun shots are meant to be on "fire" (by that I mean, they flash when shot) but who on earth is concentrating on the barrel of a shotgun, when they are having an intense battle?

I would also love for some sort of indicator after you've got killed by a person, to say that they either had a full clip of active, one or two bullets, or nothing at all. I just thought with a game element such as active bullets, that it would be more clear when you the enemy has one or not. It just seems like a big part of the game, yet the player has no why of knowing that the enemy had or is using active bullets (with the exception of them clearly dying and getting hurt quicker.)

My overal thoughts on actives is 50/50, on one hand, I understand that it's a risk/reward for trying to get actives before a fight, and I do believe it's clever how the game gives you an option to either have more bullets that are weaker, or have less bullets but are stronger. In theory, the idea is great, however, the risk is very minimal in comparision to the reward... wasting 2 bullets in order to practically gain 4 bullets is no risk. There should be some sort of set back to the actives, such as: you shoot two bullets, in order to get active, but the spread of the bullets is widened or the range is shortened. This way, the options to have either would be more of a preference, rather than a must have whenever entering a shotgun battle or whatever.

What are your thoughts on active bullets? do you find them annoying? do you believe that some weapons abuse it? and which ones? thanks for replying, keep this discussion sival.

MSgt. Shooter Person

i only do it cause i like reloading, i unlocked the Awesomesauce at around 70-75, and i enjoy having the upper hand with and active bullet so really its up to you to decide.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GF Capt Ginyu

Want. So. Bad. To. Troll. On. OP. Must. Behave. Self.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Novua Shenron

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

What? why?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Wow an indicator? What do you want? A big glowing 'A' for 'Actives' spinning around on their head with an arrow point down at them?
    They've never annoyed me once, it all comes down to tactics and mind games with active shotgun battles.
    I personally always enter a battle assuming they have actives.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by fnfiveseven View Post
    Wow an indicator? What do you want? A big glowing 'A' for 'Actives' spinning around on their head with an arrow point down at them?
    They've never annoyed me once, it all comes down to tactics and mind games with active shotgun battles.
    I personally always enter a battle assuming they have actives.
    Oh yes. Because clearly that's what I meant... yeah- yeah. I REALLY want, a massive 'A' above everyone.

No. I would just like it to be abit more clear, I mean who knows how they could show it, but it would help if it did. No other game has any thing like this feature in a game, and I'm surprised that no one is warned about it, ever since GoW1 I saw this as an issue.

Maybe once reloaded a active clip, it could make a specific sound, once reloading. Or the character could shout something like "active!" or whatever... at least I'm trying to make it more fair. It's easier to state the problems than finding solutions.
    Last edited by Ivanmckt; 12-20-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Banned

I don't find them annoying or abused. I pretty much assume everyone has them at all times and have always played that way since gears 1.

With that said I wouldn't mind if they put a smaller indicator on the tip of the gun like with the sawed off.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KC Anthony View Post
    I don't find them annoying or abused. I pretty much assume everyone has them at all times and have always played that way since gears 1.

With that said I wouldn't mind if they put a smaller indicator on the tip of the gun like with the sawed off.
    well, apparently, there is one, but once again.. who's going to be looking for it, instead of trying to evade the enemy.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RexMantlepiece

I hate getting shot, and always try hard to avoid it. I don't know that knowing one way of the other would make me try harder to not get shot.
    We've Got Heads On Sticks - You've got Ventriloquists.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RexMantlepiece View Post
    I hate getting shot, and always try hard to avoid it. I don't know that knowing one way of the other would make me try harder to not get shot.
    what? I didn't get a word of that.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanmckt View Post
    what? I didn't get a word of that.
    He means that either way he doesn't want to get shot, active bullets or not.
    Marcus Fenix/Savage Grenadier
    Gold Omen Retro Lancer/Chrome Gnasher

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Zeratul Ix

well this guy a cod scrub. he wants everything easy.

Well actually they do have an indicator, When somone actives usally you'll hear the charactor yell somthing like "**** yeah" Or somthing on the lines of this.

Maybe once reloaded a active clip, it could make a specific sound, once reloading. Or the character could shout something like "active!" or whatever... at least I'm trying to make it more fair.
    They already shout "NIIICE" or something along those lines, what more do you need?
    "All I gave was everything and yet you ask me for more.
    Fought your fight, bought your lie and in return I lost my life. What purpose does this serve?
    The cowards preach from pedestals with words of courage and resolve, what they meant was "F*ck 'em all!" 'cause freedom isn't free!
    They send our daughters and our sons to deserts under burning suns, sacrificial slaughtering to fill the pockets of the weak" - Rise against

Banned

Maybe once reloaded a active clip, it could make a specific sound, once reloading. Or the character could shout something like "active!" or whatever... at least I'm trying to make it more fair. It's easier to state the problems than finding solutions.
    They already say SH*T YEAH! nice! among other phrases - also you can tell by the sound of the gun. if it cocks...they've actived....if its quiet they haven't and iff you hear rattling they've missed the reload alltogether but not jammed it... /thread

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rockmagiq

soon ppl will want a spy plane.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKMAGIQ View Post
    soon ppl will want a spy plane.
    More like a blackbird so they can see what direction they're looking lol

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry man but I don't think that a very goog idea
    Chainsawing enemies since November 2006 :-)
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for Commando Dom
    Thanks to CHEZMO619 for the liquid green skins
    Thanks to Ratman Fi for the Flashback map pack
    Thanks to *Zap* for Adam Fenix

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zeebo1uk

I actually like it how it is already,
    Keeps you on your toes, it also makes you try and get ar to counter, an indicator would make the game even more casual so it's a no from me
    Shakin n bakin since 1977

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: just1fire

What's next ?
    Showing someone has a boomshot as 2nd weapon ?
    Or make people with the SOS glow ?
    It's fine as it is, just make sure YOU are the one with the active-reload

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FRAGDaDDY CRaZE

You should always go into battle assuming they have an active. If you have one, then you can be assured they have one. If the fact that the active reload has a louder reloading sound than regular, isn't a good enough indicator, then you just not ready.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    Level \\*// 100(21) GEARS GOD: Tai Kaliso / Queen Myrrah
    Onyx Retro Lancer / Liguid Green Metal* Gnasher
    Gamertag: FRAGDaDDY CRaZE
    KoG GOLD Squad Lieutenant - RECRUITING !
    Want to join a Competitive Gears of War Team ? Look Here !
    www.xiledgaming.com
    Check out my Raptr !

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Astley View Post
    well this guy a cod scrub. he wants everything easy.
    Yes. Because quite clearly after playing CSS for 2 years, playing Promod for 1 year, and games such as TF2, Gears 1, MK.... I want this to be 'easy'. Your confusing the word 'easy' with 'understanding'. It doesn't make sense, and it should when I get killed and I don't know why I got destroyed in one shot. And believe you me, not every time they have actives.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Justifire View Post
    What's next ?
    Showing someone has a boomshot as 2nd weapon ?
    Or make people with the SOS glow ?
    It's fine as it is, just make sure YOU are the one with the active-reload
    lol I admit, I should have actives all the time... but why are you guys so quick to judge? what so wrong, with indicating that they had active bullets or clips AFTER your dead? as in, next to their weapon they killed you with, it says, they had active. Jeez.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by R3AP3R View Post
    They already say SH*T YEAH! nice! among other phrases - also you can tell by the sound of the gun. if it cocks...they've actived....if its quiet they haven't and iff you hear rattling they've missed the reload alltogether but not jammed it... /thread
    Ahh, true... but I mean, I wear SteelSeries V2 gaming headphones, and I barely hear that from the enemy, but I obviously hear it from my own character.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiiX2 View Post
    You are noobie-fying the game with such request and that list of games doesn't help your credibility. Maybe if you had a list of per say Doom, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Goldeneye, Rainbow Six games (pre console), and just maaaaybe a little bit more PC FPS games. You'd see the flaw in the logic and request you are asking.
    LOL "a little bit more PC FPS games" what do you reckon CSS, Promod, TF2, Gears 1 (on PC) are?

There's nothing wrong with telling you how you died. You guys are stuborn right up the a$$. You think the way the game is layed out is perfect, and there is no room for improvement, which is laughable. What's so shocking or 'nooby' about letting you know how you died? If I say, that showing you that they had active bullets WHEN your dead ON the 'dead screen' where it shows who killed you with what gun, you guys react like I requested for a ****ing killstreak or something.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    Sorry man but I don't think that a very goog idea
    Fair enough, can't imagine I can get everyone to agree.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Three III Evils

If you're talking about the Gnasher, or any gun, usually if you are close enough when they reload you hear their character say something like "**** yeah!" or whatever it is. That is probably as good an indicator as we are going to get.
    Just play.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Z_Ethan View Post
    usually if you are close enough
    That's kinda what i'm trying to get at, I barely hear that from the enemy character, and I always wear headphones, with sound turned up high enough. I can obviously hear that from my own character. I'm just saying... it's not easy enough to hear from the enemy. Many it's just me, or maybe they settings for adjusting the sounds could be a bit more flexable.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

For the exception of CSS which was revamp version of CS, most of those games were FPS born of the console dominant era.

No, we are just telling you there's audible indicators giving you a notification if the player has a an active, you want to stream line it by adding a visual indicator.. thus making it much more easier for everyone and taking out the challenge and risk behind attacking someone and not factoring in if they have an active or not.

You did. So you see he had an active, might as well show their ammo count as well.
    Where exactly did I say ammo count? Ugh. Listen carefully. AFTER YOUR DEAD. You have a clear screen showing you who killed you, with what gun etc. etc. next to the gun, what's so wrong, about it also telling you that they had an active bullet or not? Or if they had a whole clip of active etc. etc.
    please, explain to me, what so wrong about that?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

I know you didn't say anything about ammo count, but if you are going as far as throwing that indicator in you might as well their ammo. Hence why this is a bad idea and it's a problem. You are making easier for the average joe. Gears is a psychological game, the less your enemy knows about you, the better chances you have at winning.

Besides, this feature would only be good for you on respawn type games. Non respawn type games it would be totally useless. You are gonna die anyways and there goes your life.
    I don't think you are getting at what I'm trying to say.

Lets make a sinario, it's a 1v1 with gnashers, you shoot two shots into a guy, real close, you probably have him at full red, he from mid range, gets you down with one shot... now you might say "well it's obvious that he had an active bullet" okay, it might be, but not every sinario they have had an active bullet, therefore, when I'm dead, it can say, he had an active bullet on his gun. Is that nooby? How is that any different than the game telling you which weapon he killed you with to begin with?

If you got headshotted across the map, and the game tells you you got killed by xXxProSniiPEZzxXx (lol) with a sniper, you don't suddenly turn around and say "ohhh! why did it tell me I got killed by a sniper? how lame"
    Last edited by Ivanmckt; 12-21-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDarkprophet6

All this is going to do is cause more hate mail and more crying about Actives. I get enough hate mail from people because I usually have actives every time I reload (I get Quick Clips almost every match I play), you don't need to add to the fire of bad sportsmanship that already plagues this game more than any other I've ever played.
    Victor Hoffman/Bernie Mataki (Nov 1) /// Savage Grenadier Elite
    Lancer/Gnasher
    ...Brothers to the End...
    |HwD| Team Highwind - Co-Founder

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

lmfao inorite?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Well then make a poll, let the community decide if it's even worth doing.
    I cannot honestly believe that you are all up and arms about a little logo, dear god.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xI Zeratul Ix

I love how this guy is trying to pump his thread

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Astley View Post
    I love how this guy is trying to pump his thread
    Not really...
    i'm just replying to every person who doesn't even consider my suggestions without being a complete stubborn person.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PerditionsOmen

Oh yes. Because clearly that's what I meant... yeah- yeah. I REALLY want, a massive 'A' above everyone.

No. I would just like it to be abit more clear, I mean who knows how they could show it, but it would help if it did. No other game has any thing like this feature in a game, and I'm surprised that no one is warned about it, ever since GoW1 I saw this as an issue.

They do yell something, the locust always go "YEESSSHHH!!!" Myrah goes "EXXXCEEEEELLLLEEENNNNTTT" and the cogs all have their own spin on things such as "Got it" "Alright" "Oh yeah" and such.
    I'm a Tier 2 WAR HOUND. Want to be a War Hound? Join Here!
    GT: PerditionsOmen send me a friend request if you wanna run teams and strats.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheRisenOsiris

I understand what you are trying to get at but I honestly don't agree wih your idea. The audio cues are enough for me. Otherwise I listen for shots being wasted for an active or just go under the assumption the enemy has one.

Though in the heat of battle I'm rarely wondering if the other players possibly have an active.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Banned

I don't think the OP's idea is a good one. It's far better to assume it's an active, then if it isn't you get a gift.

I would like a way to know if I was killed by an active or not.
    Kinda like the 'headshot' indicator. Let the person know if it was an active that got them.

My guess is That will never happen as it would expose the broken nature of this games mechanics.

<edit> I mean it's always entertaining to see the 'headshot' indicator pop up when you know darn well the only head you were aiming at happened to be the one between their legs ;-) </edit
    Last edited by anunnamednome; 12-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Boomshot
    Soloing Top Lane. Can't camp your tower I got perfect harass.

Like the UDamage indicator?
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheRisenOsiris

Quote Originally Posted by anunnamednome View Post
    I would like a way to know if I was killed by an active or not.
    Kinda like the 'headshot' indicator. Let the person know if it was an active that got them.
    This is also one of the things the OP wants I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast