MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Besty

Default A Very Gearsmas Gift (Artwork + Certificates + Letters!)

My fellow Gears,

Hope you all are having a great holiday season so far, I'm just wanting to show a present I am currently working on for a childhood friend of mine who has helped me a lot over the last few years.
    We're both HUGE Gears fans and called each other "Brothers" ever since the first installment and the "Brothers to the End" tagline hit us the hardest, making us fall in love with the Gearsverse even more.

ANYWAY, as X-mas is coming up (and my funds are low since being made redundant) I wanted to make him something unique, creative and (of course) Gears Related.
    So in between work I finished a digital painting of his favourite Locust, the savage and brilliant General himself, RAAM! (convenient, eh?)

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

With that finished, (Currently waiting for it to be printed and mounted.) I've been meaning to add to it.
    I wanted to make something for him that felt like something you would find in a collectors edition for a game. (Like Adam Fenix's Octus Medal in the CE of Gears 3) Something you would find in the Game World.
    So along with this I've printed out and framed one of the Gnasher Certificates that Epic so awesomely made for the PR on Gears 3, I printed that off, wrote his name in and got that baby framed nicely to put in with the bundle! I was really pleased with how this came out!

(Aw dang, don't have the photo of it with me currently! Will update soon with it though!)

But to go with this, I wanted to add something that would explain the certificate.
    So I designed and wrote out a letter to him, explaining the reason behind him obtaining the medal. (Complete with fake names and stories) He always was a BEAST with a Gnasher on all games so I had to make it special!
    But that's not all,
    I wanted to add something with it to make it feel official and believable, just to add that little bit of extra effort!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

And to wrap it all up, I've made a special packaging for it, to make it look like a real parcel you would receive from the COG, lots of logo's and real official looking labels and warnings.
    Here it all is, ready for deployment! (You can see I've got him a little Gears 3 bracelet as a decoy present!)

At the bottom of the letter I plan to add a code that can be used to redeem a Savage Kantus that was VERY kindly donated to this cause! Thank you so much!
    Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you enjoyed seeing the artwork and all the effort I have put into this.
    Have a fantastic X-mas and happy holidays!
    Regards and Many thanks~

-Steve
    Last edited by The_Besty; 12-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Onyx Guard ---- Theron Elite
    Lancer Assault Rifle ---- Gnasher Shotgun
    - TOP GEAR -
    FIND A SOLUTION TO THE HIT-BOX ISSUE! (So I can stop loathing people who use Female Character Skins!)

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Clark I HD

This is fantastic mate, a great well thought out gift and one that I can see you've worked hard on.

I myself love making unique graphics and I think the certificate/letter is a a fantastic touch. I'm sure your friend "brother" will love it.

This is the spirit of Christmas doing more for others than you would yourself.

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Clark I HD; 12-19-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Ouijabored

That's a very thoughtful thing for you to do. Merry Christmas!

Wow, this is absolutely brilliant Merry christmas!
    "All I gave was everything and yet you ask me for more.
    Fought your fight, bought your lie and in return I lost my life. What purpose does this serve?
    The cowards preach from pedestals with words of courage and resolve, what they meant was "F*ck 'em all!" 'cause freedom isn't free!
    They send our daughters and our sons to deserts under burning suns, sacrificial slaughtering to fill the pockets of the weak" - Rise against

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NJB Productions

Thumbs up

That is awesome! Everything looks very authentic! Very cool!
    http://njb-uk-artwork.blogspot.com/