Default Chroma - A Simple Yet Complicated Deathmath (free)

Chroma is an easy to learn, fast paced, third person death match game. Players face each other on levels inspired by Avant-garde art and retro games. To go with the art inspiration, every shot and footstep in the game leaves behind a decal, allowing players to paint the level and add their own personal touch.

The main feature of Chroma is the ability for players to walk on any surface at any time. This creates a unique play experience where combat happens all around the player. The game is easy to learn with simple control scheme and only four weapons for players to use: the pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, and rocket launcher. The player can only have one weapon at a time and all the weapons have infinite ammo. To supplement the guns, players have a punch to inflict pain on the other combatants. The pick-ups in Chroma spawn upon a player’s death and grant a special ability based on the dead player’s rank in the match. The pick-ups are called Death Blossoms and grant bonuses such as invisibility, armor, rapid fire, or poison trails.

Chroma was developed in the Unreal Development Kit by Team Robot Legs. The team consisted of five level designers, three artists and two programmers.

Concept:

Video:

Chroma is free and available for download now!
    Official website

This game was a capstone project for the Masters program at The Guildhall at SMU. If the game is well received, we will continue to develop the game further and offer fixes and new features.

Grab some friends and enjoy our game, and please leave any feedback on our forum page.

EDIT: Instructions on setting up your own server soon to come on the official website
    Last edited by zorakbane; 12-18-2011 at 05:45 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Fantastic!!
    Intel Core i5 2500K 4.0GHz O.C
    16GB RAM
    GeForce 560Ti O.C
    ASUS P67 Chipset
    Windows 7 Ultimate K 64bit

I have tried downloading it multiple times and it says Chroma.exe was reported as unsafe. Is it posiible for you to upload maybe to mediafire? Or help me figure out a work around?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboNinjette

Chroma animator/hud artist here! as for the MediaFire thing, from what i understood, our .exe was too big to host there? Zorakbane may know more details. I'll let em know. Sorry :/

Quote Originally Posted by justjamij View Post
    Chroma animator/hud artist here! as for the MediaFire thing, from what i understood, our .exe was too big to host there? Zorakbane may know more details. I'll let em know. Sorry :/
    Oh I thought MediaFire was up to 250Mb and your download is 204Mb...But alright I will look around or possibly MegaUpload?

Technically any exe you download is unsafe.. This is just a trust wall. Our download is just a standard UDK installer.

When you see the following, just accept.

Quote Originally Posted by zorakbane View Post
    Technically any exe you download is unsafe.. This is just a trust wall. Our download is just a standard UDK installer.

When you see the following, just accept.
    I do except the computer says it is unsafe and doesn't have an allow button :/

Is it not letting you download, or not letting you click and install?

Beyond that, is it your operating system, firewall, or browser? If it's your browser you need to change your security settings, if it's your firewall you may need to temporarily disable the program or allow the program to install. If it's your operating system, which OS and what does it say?

I de-activated my browser and computer firewall and got it (then activated it agaon) , but no one was on :/

We are in the process of putting it on a bunch of sites, you can help by telling some friends to try it out too

MSgt. Shooter Person

Last edited by chester1997; 05-25-2012 at 11:54 AM.

We wanted permanent decals, but we couldn't access the light map with unreal script.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PSN: ShurikenUK

Looks like fun man! It reminds me of this other free game from back in the day, which was a deathmatch game where you controlled a weird looking robot/alien thing which had a humanoid torso and an arachnoid set of legs, and an wierd looking head. You fought eachother on these blocky asteroid like structures floating through space, and you could walk on the walls. You could even create your own strategic tunnels by blasting through the terrain (a bit like Red Faction 1's weapon testing room), then fight in the caves you've just created!

Anyway I like the look of this, I'll try it out! I love the trippy graphics, especially the map that looks like a track from F-zero GX or Wip3out combined with musical manuscript paper!
    There is no religion except that of Music. There is no god, except that of your own will to create music.
    -Ancient Texts of Truth

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there anyway for the public to look at the source?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Just Asking...