Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default [Help]Optimal Stat Distribution for NG+ [IB2]

Hi everyone,

I've been considering starting a NewGame+ for a while now and was just wondering, having experienced the difficulty the first time round before my save was deleted, what my stats should look like. I regrettably purchased two sets of the $0.99 gold bags and have $50,000 to start me off in any NG+ I start. That being said, I was considering getting a Granite Hammer to start and just max out my HP, which is what I'm doing now. Also, do I absolutely need to master every item? Whats the best level I should be on to beat NG+ and so on? I'm at level 45 now. I don't really want to get to Lvl. 100.

My current stats are as follows:

Health: 6550
    Attack: 10
    Shield: 1
    Magic: 1

These are without items. I originally spent about 5 I believe on attack, would you say they would be better put in Health or Magic keeping in mind 5 damage extra is nothing? That being said, should I also benefit my NG+ by making an optimal stabilisation between my HP and Magic so my Ring of Man can heal me completely or mostly? I don't plan on putting any stats in Shield, so I'm currently focusing on HP and perhaps Magic, although I wanted the opinion of the community here.

Thanks in advance.
    HEAVY ON THE CONDIMENTS <3

MSgt. Shooter Person

if you go in like that, do you have enough to purchase a heal ring as well? preferably the atomic ring? I went in with 2500 health, 300 attack, and 25 magic but I was at level 81 with all items maxed
    Infinity Blade II
    RB:1010 | L:243 | H:7000 | A:1471 | S:1 | M:70

Game Center: Caesarium

MSgt. Shooter Person

I went into ng+ at lvl 62 with around 2250 hp, 150 att, and 75 magic. The magic isn't essential but it helps cooldown on spells and I can still heal effectively with the shield halo while saving up for the atomic loop. I think a balance of hp and att is key if you want to master all classes. I don't recommend mastering everything but it doesn't hurt anything. I prefer to skip the unnecessary items and save for the big stuff. The new grinders are excellent for hoarding cash while collecting exp. Later in the game when money is more abundant I'll pcik up anything I missed and can usually master it in one or two fights.

A lot of people will tell you that you don't need att in a heavy build and it's true that 300 att isn't going to change much when you're swinging 1000+ dmg, but even if you focus on heavy it helps to have a good att base for mastering the lower level axes. And it's critical in dual and light classes. If I were you I would pick up Anodim and the Atomic Loop because even if you have 6500 hp you're going to want to heal. Unless you are really good at perfect block you're going to take some elemental damage until you can afford resistances. That's why I got Nova Grinders as soon as I could. I could dodge or parry everything and avoid elemental damage and used them almost exclusively for the first 6 rebirths. At that point money wasn't a problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for the quick replies! Well when I started it it didn't give me my IAPs (-_-) so I felt pretty frustrated, I managed to get to the feet of the Ronin a few times but ended up saying screw this, and selected Restart Rebirth One. All it did was erase my NG+ but I get to keep my OG which is great. Now I can actually level grind knowing that I won't start with 50,000. I'm thinking about going 125 Attack, 35 Magic, and the rest in HP or if I have more than I suspect then I'll side with Attack. That being said, it's now $250,000 to reallocate my stats, so I guess I should be Aran and Gem farming right about now.
    Last edited by milkychipz; 12-15-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: 35 instead of 25 magic
    HEAVY ON THE CONDIMENTS <3