Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Finally made it to NG+, need some tips

Hi guys! Finally got around to New Game +... mastered every item (including blacked out items) in OG and started at level 80. Here's the weird part... I accidentally made NG+ when I was ABOUT to kill the GK again, and it transferred over my stats exactly as they were. Maybe 1.0.2 fixed this issue...

Anyhoo, I have some questions (and complaints) for the NG experts around these parts:

1) Why the hell isn't there more gold to begin with? I'm mastering all of my items in one battle and can't afford new ones

2) Is it possible to go through NG+ the same way I went through OG, mastering EVERY item and such? Or is that just impractical?

3) Can I continuously loot the king's chamber (I think that's what it's called...) with the 6 items and get tons of money the same way that I could in OG using the "restart rebirth 1" loop?

4) Should I save up and swap my base stats (which I forgot to do in OG before starting NG)? Here they are:

HEALTH: 4700
    ATTACK: 215
    SHIELD: 25
    MAGIC: 50

Any advice you guys could give me would be great! I've looked over some of the other NG+ threads but I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks all!

-Kevin

Saburai

1) you can have more gold to start with if you buy IAP's
    2) i didnt, and i'm in rebirth 7^3 so you should be okay, just don't blaze through ng+'s
    3) nope, that will take you out of ng+
    4) those stats look fine to me, but im no expert

save up money for atomic ring, your stats are good enough.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks for the help silversabeat!

Definitely don't plan on buying any IAPs, kinda takes away from the fun of the game. And what do you mean by "take you out of ng+"? Can you not restart rebirth 1 in NG?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: disciple95

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Kev View Post
    Thanks for the help silversabeat!

Definitely don't plan on buying any IAPs, kinda takes away from the fun of the game. And what do you mean by "take you out of ng+"? Can you not restart rebirth 1 in NG?
    In NG+, when you click "restart from rebirth 1" it will potentially delete your NG+ file and throw you back into your OG game.
    Deathless Kings? pfft... No problem, just give me my Infinity Blade!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Oh dear... another glitch that needs fixing?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Oh dear... another glitch that needs fixing?
    I don't think so. The point of NG+ is a more challenging game. Giving you the option to restart from the beginning is just plain ol boosting.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Siris' View Post
    I don't think so. The point of NG+ is a more challenging game. Giving you the option to restart from the beginning is just plain ol boosting.
    True... I just can't think of another way short of constantly dying against the second Thane and putting in hundreds of hours of play time that I could go through & master everything again for NG++.... I want my poison scythe back lol

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Lol just keep training and gaining more money! You'll get him eventually!

MSgt. Shooter Person

There's no reason to suicide on Thane. Just keep one of the sentinels alive and you can trek up to the top of the towere every time without worrying about thane until you're ready to move forward. I would take the Archivist last because he gives the least amount of loot and exp an the path through the arena is muh better anyway (behemid is the coolest monster in the game). it still true in 1.02 though that you automatically start ng++ after beating Raidriar in ng+? I've been messing around in og since the update so I don't know firsthand.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hi guys! Finally got around to New Game +... mastered every item (including blacked out items) in OG and started at level 80. Here's the weird part... I accidentally made NG+ when I was ABOUT to kill the GK again, and it transferred over my stats exactly as they were. Maybe 1.0.2 fixed this issue...

Anyhoo, I have some questions (and complaints) for the NG experts around these parts:

1) Why the hell isn't there more gold to begin with? I'm mastering all of my items in one battle and can't afford new ones
    Supposedly for more of a challenge. My personal opinion though is to force you to make IAPs.

2) Is it possible to go through NG+ the same way I went through OG, mastering EVERY item and such? Or is that just impractical?
    Yes it is, but your stats are high enough of as they are for at least one more NG.

3) Can I continuously loot the king's chamber (I think that's what it's called...) with the 6 items and get tons of money the same way that I could in OG using the "restart rebirth 1" loop?
    No, restart rebirth 1 only works on the OG

4) Should I save up and swap my base stats (which I forgot to do in OG before starting NG)? Here they are:

HEALTH: 4700
    ATTACK: 215
    SHIELD: 25
    MAGIC: 50
    What's your wield? For heavy you should add more to health but for dual that is fine. Personally I have a dual wield and have nearly the same stats, just at a slightly lower level. If you do use a dual wield, you should put the rest of the points that you get into attack.

Any advice you guys could give me would be great! I've looked over some of the other NG+ threads but I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks all!

-Kevin
    Answers in bold. Anyway, one thing to keep in mind during the NG+ series is that gem farming does not give you more gold. Just equipping a Gold+ hexagon should make gold farming pretty easy.
    Infinity Blade II
    RB:1010 | L:243 | H:7000 | A:1471 | S:1 | M:70

Game Center: Caesarium

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thank you Name! Yeah, I prefer to fight dual and these stats have treated me alright so far... the reason for the bit in defense is purely because I wanted to master all of the heavy as well.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Name View Post
    during the NG+ series is that gem farming does not give you more gold. Just equipping a Gold+ hexagon should make gold farming pretty easy.
    I'm not so sure about this. I know I was initiating the idea but Gillybean has been getting completely different data deep in NG+. There, all chests and bags of money are rip-offs relative to what's in OG, and even when the chests return cash it's very low. The only out we could come up with, and it's a stretch, is that if you have more money than you'll get more from chests. I find it hard to believe the developers would do that, one reason among many that it would motivate you to hoard money rather than play the game.

But since cash returns from chests are worse than gems and probably most items, then it might follow that cash returns from monsters are not worth it either. But also note in OG that I did ok with 400% gem. It's just when I got greedy and tried a 2000%+ build that I started losing a lot of money. Maybe in NG+ the answer is to have a dedicated 400% gem+ slot. It's even possible that on some rebirths item+ would be relatively more profitable as well. That also goes for the possibility of extreme gem builds being profitable in NG+s.

I still think that no perk gems and early key-buying is the way to go in OG on any rebirth.