Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: disciple95

Lightbulb Infinity blade 3?

Ok, YES I know its WAYYY to early to even take a thought about the 3rd game (if there ever will be) But during the end with Isa going to rescue you, do you think that an update will make you continue? Or will there be a whole new game coming out next year? (possibly in June at WWDC)? What do you think cHAIR can improve in a 3rd game? And if so, what do you think the storyline will be about? New deathless kings? New lands, castles, etc? Please let your thoughts be in the comments below!
    Deathless Kings? pfft... No problem, just give me my Infinity Blade!

Iron Guard

They'll come out with an update, and with $10 IAP you get to unlock Isa and keep playing

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    .. with $10 IAP you get to unlock Isa and keep playing
    Who is to confirm this?

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Siris' View Post
    And if so, what do you think the storyline will be about? New deathless kings?
    * For one, they could make a ring that both cures and has attack spells which isn't COMPLETELY BROKEN.

* Fighting with a staff would be cool.

* Maybe even a hand-to-hand class where you can grapple, choke, or throw the enemy, but it would be hard to keep that balanced.

* And for the multiplayer mode, it should be the same gameplay as the game. I tried the IB1 multiplayer arena and was very disappointed. I couldn't figure out how to dodge and there was this nonsense with skulls and way too many tap wars.

* As for the story, they should just keep Ausar in his little love nest with Radriar because he can get a bit annoying and needs to cool down. He's pretty much the equivalent of the guy who gets crushed by the stone demon. The future is with Isa!

*The gameplay itself, as much as I love pawning with heavy weapons, the special attack is overpowered and cheap. It needs to be toned down and something that we can only use less frequently (not every time I lose the equivalent of a full health bar then heal myself to full). Also, as others have pointed out the heavy weapon special is glitchy when you have to swipe diagonally upward.

*Stop trying to shove IAPs down our throats, put them in a more subtle place rather than making us trip over them every time we check our inventory, or give us an option never to look at them in our menus. A disclaimer about long-term satisfaction would be nice for those who don't have an MMO/rpg background and don't know what they are getting into.

*Team arena?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
    * For one, they could make a ring that both cures and has attack spells which isn't COMPLETELY BROKEN.

* Fighting with a staff would be cool.

* Maybe even a hand-to-hand class where you can grapple, choke, or throw the enemy, but it would be hard to keep that balanced.

* And for the multiplayer mode, it should be the same gameplay as the game. I tried the IB1 multiplayer arena and was very disappointed. I couldn't figure out how to dodge and there was this nonsense with skulls and way too many tap wars.

* As for the story, they should just keep Ausar in his little love nest with Radriar because he can get a bit annoying and needs to cool down. He's pretty much the equivalent of the guy who gets crushed by the stone demon. The future is with Isa!

*The gameplay itself, as much as I love pawning with heavy weapons, the special attack is overpowered and cheap. It needs to be toned down and something that we can only use less frequently (not every time I lose the equivalent of a full health bar then heal myself to full). Also, as others have pointed out the heavy weapon special is glitchy when you have to swipe diagonally upward.

*Stop trying to shove IAPs down our throats, put them in a more subtle place rather than making us trip over them every time we check our inventory, or give us an option never to look at them in our menus. A disclaimer about long-term satisfaction would be nice for those who don't have an MMO/rpg background and don't know what they are getting into.

*Team arena?
    I agree with a lot of this, especially the part about IAP and IB1 multiplayer. The thing with Isa though is that she is supposed to be an assassin, not a fighter, good with a crossbow not a sword. I guess we'll see, I hope an update comes out soon!!
    Infinity Blade II
    RB:1010 | L:243 | H:7000 | A:1471 | S:1 | M:70

Game Center: Caesarium

Redeemer

Watch, in IB3 there will be cutscenes suggesting IAPs.

Isa: "You know, Ausar, you should err on the side of caution and buy some gold from your menu."

That wouldn't be an immersion killer at all.

MSgt. Shooter Person

ok so for one thing just because Isa is only seen using a crossbow doesnt mean she cant use a sword or club, etc she is moving the staff around really well so shed be awesome the entire story is about Siris ridding the world of deathless if he is trapped he cant do that so yea good idea but hes needed and i wanna fight with the WoS and maybe a prequel story for a infinity blade game
    I wil destroy your body, hunt down your bloodline, and imprison your soul for all time!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ruggedland View Post
    They'll come out with an update, and with $10 IAP you get to unlock Isa and keep playing
    Can I just play with Isa?
    IB II
    L:72 | RB:12 | | H:2200 | A:267 | S:1 | M:5
    IB
    L:553 | BL:31^15 | BG:-76 | GK 2450 | ZM 1400 | | H:19680 | A:2601 | S:100 | M:3

Crimson Crusader #9

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Name View Post
    I agree with a lot of this, especially the part about IAP and IB1 multiplayer. The thing with Isa though is that she is supposed to be an assassin, not a fighter, good with a crossbow not a sword. I guess we'll see, I hope an update comes out soon!!
    Yeah, in the book Isa got hurt fending off one daeril (I think). How could she fight in an new game? Although, a platformer/stealth spin-off game would be neat.
    "I am not some peasant to be toyed with! I am not an irritation! I am not some daeril plaything, crafted from the flayed souls of men! I am king and god, destroyer and lifegiver. I am your doom…you do not take what is mine."
    GC: Charlie0214
    Crimson Crusader #10

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by marokero View Post
    Can I just play with Isa?
    Lol ikr? I've been waiting for some women to appear in IB

Banned

I don't do in-app-purchase. I've never spent a nickel with IAP. Never did, never will. If they dare to do it, in order to unlock Isa and keep playing, then I'm done with this game. Period.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by LEANDRO View Post
    I don't do in-app-purchase. I've never spent a nickel with IAP. Never did, never will. If they dare to do it, in order to unlock Isa and keep playing, then I'm done with this game. Period.
    They already say if you click on "future updates" (from inside the game) that all of the new surprises will be free. But even if it wasn't, they could market it as an expansion pack and that would be a lot different than charging for gold.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos260 View Post
    ok so for one thing just because Isa is only seen using a crossbow doesnt mean she cant use a sword or club
    I think that it's said in IB:A that she isn't a very good dualer

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by darthduck View Post
    they already say if you click on "future updates" (from inside the game) that all of the new surprises will be free. But even if it wasn't, they could market it as an expansion pack and that would be a lot different than charging for gold.
    expansion pack <3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

anybody else?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I would love to explore Saydhi's palace. If she's an information dealer she might have knowledge or records of Ausar, the origins of the Deathless, the Great Pact and the Worker. I haven't been able to pull myself away from IB2 long enough to read Awakening so there might be some of that I haven't read yet, but it's possible that she could be much more important than it appears. I hope if this is there that it is released in an expansion rather than the third episode. Until all of the content is released in IB2, its hard to speculate on the third.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'd like to see some faces. Only faces we've seen are Siris' when he's just rebirthed, the Marrow Field (I think that's his name) and the Stone Demon, I think. Helmets and masks are all fine and good, but faces give a character some personality! It's hard to tag Siris to a helmet when there are so many helmets.

But personally I'd love to see some staffs introduced and punches/kicks/and whatnot. I also think it'd be interesting if the baddies could try to parry your attacks, so you don't just sit there and attack the same way over and over. Maybe with the punches and such, perhaps you have to buy them (with coin, not IAP) then draw the symbol on screen like the magic attacks? I dunno, just an idea.

Also even out the super. The super for duel blades is pretty much a break-on-demand while for the heavy weapons it's a near sudden death.

And make Isa the main character :333
    This isn't war.
    This is pest control.
    -A Dalek

Redeemer

How about blood and/or visible damage?

Also, if we do certain things we might incapacitate an enemy by taking away a strength (like breaking a paw or a horn.)

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm pretty sure the super charges the same regardless of which weapon you choose.

Redeemer

It charges the same but heavy gets the most out of it (at least at low levels). If you have low attack like me then you're special with dual is no better than a parry break, but using the special with heavy is definitely a conversation stopper. That's why I like to use heavy when running through the normal guys (they live until the super is charged). But against the bosses I don't even know if I'm going to win so I switch to dual and use a resistance gem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ckd0214 View Post
    Yeah, in the book Isa got hurt fending off one daeril (I think). How could she fight in an new game? Although, a platformer/stealth spin-off game would be neat.
    you do all of this years later, i think Isa would be just fine by then

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
    How about blood and/or visible damage?

Also, if we do certain things we might incapacitate an enemy by taking away a strength (like breaking a paw or a horn.)
    better no blood/visible dmg than badly made blood/visible dmg

MSgt. Shooter Person

Infinity Blade 3...

Well considering that nowadays it's common for games to come in trilogies, a third installment is practically guaranteed. Whether or not Isa comes as an update to IB2 or playable in IB3, from the ending of IB2, she will be under our control.

Redeemer

I'm looking forward to learning the Patterns of True Sowrdsmanship. Somewhere I saw that the devs hinted at it coming to IB2.
    "I am not some peasant to be toyed with! I am not an irritation! I am not some daeril plaything, crafted from the flayed souls of men! I am king and god, destroyer and lifegiver. I am your doom…you do not take what is mine."
    GC: Charlie0214
    Crimson Crusader #10

i hope they will make a new one i finished the game 8 times:L

MSgt. Shooter Person
    The advers of antipodal of anthithetical of reverse of polar of inimical of our world (lost yet)

I think they should make a ps3 or wii game like legend of zelda twilight princess, but it should be like wuu could sneak attack and lock on bc i want another game like the zelda cause im kind of getting tired of shooting ppl in mw3 or mass effect 3, who agrees with me, i mean about the legend of zelda type?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    The advers of antipodal of anthithetical of reverse of polar of inimical of our world (lost yet)

oh yea, Siris Ausar, welcome to the forums

Deathless

if you do play as Isa, I think it'd be cool if you had to sneak through the Vault of Tears Splinter Cell style to rescue Siris. Then maybe since Siris is locked in the Vault instead of the Worker, you play as Raidriar for the rest of the game

Quote Originally Posted by miancajr View Post
    Infinity Blade 3...

Well considering that nowadays it's common for games to come in trilogies, a third installment is practically guaranteed. Whether or not Isa comes as an update to IB2 or playable in IB3, from the ending of IB2, she will be under our control.
    Sorry for being a little bit off topic here but in your signature you said you killed
    GK in "BG". I would like to know the meaning of BG and if BG is
    Backwards game as in negative rebirths, is that possible in IB2?
    Because I only thought that negative rebirths/bloodlines are only for IB1

MSgt. Shooter Person

Pertaining to the next update, Donald Mustard replied to someone asking about it on twitter a few weeks ago and he said they were finishing it up so it shouldn't be very much longer

LINK: https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldMus...46996782968832
    I'm one of the winners of a signed Infinity Blade poster from the sweepstakes on twitter! https://twitter.com/InfinityBlade/st...24894203658240
    OG Siris: Level 91

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by mitchbutter1210 View Post
    Pertaining to the next update, Donald Mustard replied to someone asking about it on twitter a few weeks ago and he said they were finishing it up so it shouldn't be very much longer

LINK: https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldMus...46996782968832
    Thanks for sharing that. I'd like to see them add Multiplayer (like IB1 Arena) format, but that may be a bit far-fetched. CM has been a let down for me so far.

Redeemer

Might come out in october with the new iPhone?
    That's What She Said!!!
    Dual is the skill of Champions™
    According to the Simpsons, In Australia we play Knifey-Spooney in our local pubs

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by Aussi3 View Post
    Might come out in october with the new iPhone?
    Yeah most likely since IB1 and IB2 were announced the same way, with a release date of early december

Deathless

you know, after re-reading the OP, I don't think Isa is necessarily going to Saranthia to rescue Siris. More likely she's after the Infinity Blade or has some other motive. Though her intentions have always been dubious at best.

She's also not supposed to be a great fighter like Siris, so if you do play as her in IB3 it will be much different from the first 2

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by ElPared View Post
    you know, after re-reading the OP, I don't think Isa is necessarily going to Saranthia to rescue Siris. More likely she's after the Infinity Blade or has some other motive. Though her intentions have always been dubious at best.

She's also not supposed to be a great fighter like Siris, so if you do play as her in IB3 it will be much different from the first 2
    Yes it will. There not may be any aegis forms at all. although i find it hard to believe they'd do that

Deathless

true, IB doesn't really work without Aegis forms. That's why I was thinking Isa's role would be more like Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell. She sneaks around and goes for the quick kill when she has to, but otherwise avoids combat altogether. I'd really enjoy that, actually, but idk how many other people would.

Perhaps a new book will come out as well... "Infinity Blade: Getting out of Bed and Getting Ready for Work" or some other logical followup to "Awakening"

What is IAP stand for!??

I agree to that! Using Isa as the main player until Siris is released from his imprisonment with radriar then to have the option of switching back and forth between Isa and Siris to level them both up.

Saburai

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Olesiuk View Post
    What is IAP stand for!??
    in-app-purchase. Aka micro transactions. They are the bags of gold you can buy in game

Saburai

Picture this: Ausar and radriar team up to take down the WoS. They finally track
    Him down in an old temple that has no roof (it's wintertime) you begin to fight him, and he knocks radriar to the floor, he is too hurt to get up.

You then proceed to battle the WoS in the most epic dual IB has ever had. Snow swirls around you, and every few seconds, some gets caught on your sword, helm, etc.

The second stage of the fight begins with Ausar knocking the WoS back near a ledge in the temple. Epic music ensues. As you battle through the 2nd stage, you can see radriar in the corner of your eye struggling to cast a healing spell.

As soon as the third stage starts, the WoS shield bashes Ausar in the side, and he falls to the ground. The worker lifts the IB for the killing blow, but radriar, having been healed, jumps up and knocks it from his hands.

The third stage starts and we are fighting as radriar. We inch closer and closer to the ledge. At the end of the third stage, the worker performs a switch move and we are now standing at the end of the ledge and the IB is at our neck. As the WoS lifts the blade to send the killing blow, Ausar making a great effort, pulls himself up, grabs the IB, and sends it through the worker's heart.

I doubt it will happen that way, but Id love if it did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast