Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Spinning the Prize Wheels with more skill

I noticed that with the prize wheels you can use up and down motions to go through each item on the wheel one by one, to see all ~20 or so items on it.

You can then scroll 7-12 items away from the item you want, and then give the wheel a relatively weak spin (that only goes about ~10 items) to try to get what you want.

This seems to work occasionally with the rare prize wheel, but I haven't been able to get it to work toward getting any of the "seemingly out of place" items (e.g., Infinity Blade on big wheel, or Omega Shield on rare wheel in original game).

Has anyone else had any luck trying to position the wheel to spin for particular items?
    Last edited by gillybean; 12-11-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Redeemer

These things are just a total tease. If you spin a normal prize wheel it will show you spin by items which are way out of the tier. I don't think the graphics have any relevance. Also, anything that can be found with a medium key can be found with a medium chest, and likewise rare wheel with large chests. They made prize wheels so you can be lazy and just stand there and blow all your money at once, but they are terrible. If you have 10 million it will be down to 10k after about 15 minutes of reinvesting all your money back into wheels. So I think the message is to be more patient and get large keys (and yes I'm aware that they are like 700k for you). But still my average return on rare prize wheels is about 15k. I think worst case scenario that you would have a 50% loss from a chest, which just like wasting your money on two prize wheels.

If it's random stuff you're trying to unlock, then consider the big prize wheels. They're only 30k and gave me a few surprises (better than most rare prize wheel spins!). But if you are after a poison scythe or a reaper, then go large chest all the way.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I used to think the wheel result was completely random, but I don't think it's completely random anymore because it does let you do weak spins. For example, if you want to make sure that you don't get a Byzanti from the spin, just scroll the item on the wheel until you get to the Byzanti, and then give it a weak spin that only goes about 10 spots. You might still not be able to get the items that are out of class, but at least it seems to guarantee that at least you don't get a 12th Byzanti.

I'm not spinning wheels to make money, I'm just trying to unlock the few items I have that are still blacked out (e.g., Poison Scythe and Reaper), and also to get any new great gems that I can use (e.g., high attack gems, high elemental attack gems, high magic gems, and high gem+ gems). I'm aware that spinning the wheels very rarely makes money (unless someone gets very lucky or figures out how to really spin it with skill). Also, none of the chests are worth it for me anymore moneywise. I had been buying the small and medium keys, but I kept track of what I was getting from them and noticed that because even those keys are so expensive to me now, I haven't profited from a single small or medium chest in a long time. And like you mentioned, my large keys are up to $675k each now, so no matter what the chest contains, that's a loss. If what I'd get from a Large Wheel ($125k) is comparable to what I'd get from a large chest ($675k), then the large wheel seems like by far the better deal.

Redeemer

I think you would be making a mistake to assume that the small and medium chests have a reward proportionate to the large ones. I have found the smaller chests to be consistently unprofitable even on the very low rebirths.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Okay, now I think the wheels are totally rigged.

I already have 19 Tordan Shields, and I hate getting them in rare prize wheels. So on my latest rare prize wheel I scrolled through all the items, noticed a Poison Scythe (which I want), and a Tordan 7 spots down from it. So I intentionally scroll down to the Tordan, then scoll down another 4 spaces. My reasoning is that if I only spin it 4 spots then it'll come back with "c'mon, spin harder." Meanwhile, there's no way that my very weak spin would go 24 spots (all the way around, and then back to Tordan). Also, I'd expect the Poison Scythe to have a good chance of coming up because it's 11 spots away, which is a good amount for a weak spin.

However, I give the wheel a very weak spin and ... somehow about 10 symbols went by and then I got the Tordan.

Redeemer

I am selling my Tordan shields for $50 less than Gillybean.

Redeemer

I think I might try that prize wheel thing I really want that face helm! :P

MSgt. Shooter Person

@ darthduck hahahahahahahahahah!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Is there any diff spinning that rare wheel at the beginning of the castle or say "The Vault of tears"? Anybody tested it out?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by fredylee View Post
    Is there any diff spinning that rare wheel at the beginning of the castle or say "The Vault of tears"? Anybody tested it out?
    The prize wheels were being nice to me at some point, but lately they've been uniformly sucky, no matter where I try spinning them.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by fredylee View Post
    I have spun prize wheels in about every spot in the castle and pretty much got screwed each time. Chests are better if you aren't behind in keys.

Redeemer

Yeah prize wheels are just a tease you see all the good items and none of them come about