Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cobryza PSN ID: Iceman_Cobra

Angry Silverback = win by default

Epic, what the hell were you thinking putting a Silverback in versus MP? It's ridiculously OP. Might as well enter it and you automatically win. Before you say throw smokes at it. I HAVE been throwing smokes at it RIGHT BESIDE IT and yet does nothing.

Why not just remove the damn thing from versus. It only belongs in campaign, horde and beast. People say the SOS and retro are OP, pfft you have not seen the Silverback! Might as well give the other team a thermonuclear bomb. Just been playing Brothers to the End playlist and you Can. Not. Counter. It. At. All. It is impossible unless the other team don't know their a** from their h***.

/rant
    Backup your rank, medals, ribbons etc.
    Prevent resets without making a backup
    GoW:J level: Re Up 4
    G3 level: \\★// Seriously 3.0 unlocked on 18/12/12 at 12:06 PM

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Hotpot

Throw a Smoke or Ink Grenade, problem solved.
    THEGEARSSTILLTURN

Boomshot
    Inside the TARDIS, planning my next trip.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UNDEAD MIKE 95

what the truck? dude that sucks turd! a silverback in versus. REALLY?
    I have 0 Paintball Weapon Skin codes left. I'll try an get more ASAP (last updated 6/7/2013 2:33 GMT) I just need Aftermath Baird now. Thanks to The Anya Bunni for the TM Code Bacon may be tasty, but I would never trade Sam for anything! The Walking Dead TV Series is the best! Long Live Rick and Michonne!. Also can wait for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special!

MSgt. Shooter Person

blind fire with lancer while in cover until she blows!!!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Captain Hotpot

Throw a Smoke or Ink Grenade, Problem Solved. I hate how people are making complaints about something so easily avoided...
    THEGEARSSTILLTURN

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pZ Uncanny Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hotpot View Post
    Easier said than done. The Silverback alone can handle most, if not the whole other team. When you have four people playing off the one guy who has it it's ridiculous.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Yes on Rustlung. Me and my mate were doing so good, until they got that damn thing. They say throw smoke grenades, I HAVE BEEN DOING EXACTLY THAT. And it did not affect it whatsoever. It might as well have lasers that point at you and kill you instantly. Once you've used a smoke grenade and you none left after that, you're a dead man. You try shooting at it, then it kills you with machine guns within milli-seconds, you hide they use rockets or their teammate flanks and kills you. It's pathetic.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The G0lden Age

Narb, you just need to throw a smoke at it or just dip between cover and blindfire it until it blows.
    http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/lonestar4.gif < Link to sig, click it every time you see one of my posts.

The only pre-order skin I truly want is the.... all mighty Savage Grenadier Elite.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Throw a Smoke or Ink Grenade, Problem Solved. I hate how people are making complaints about something so easily avoided...
    Did you not read? Ha, easily avoided good joke.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Veteran Wingz

I have had no troubles with it. I usually get it to be honest, but when I don't I'm always taking it from the other team. Maybe I'm just better than you :O
    Brothers to the End.

Play Smart, not Hard.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CLARKETRON3000

seriously, when does a round ever last that long???
    or did they change the amount of time before it comes out?

i've only encountered it on TDM, but i could see how much of a pain in the ass it would be in koth or ctl. honestly, i just haven't had that much issue with it. you can almost use it like bait. once you hear the audio clues as to its arrival, there will usually be a flocking towards it, so you can adjust your strategy to start being more aggressive to that spot. i've been killed in the silverback way more than i've found it useful, so i've stopped going for it.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paragon Fury

1: Rounds in MM last long enough for it to come out?

2: Why the hell aren't you throwing Frags, Smokes, Inks or Incends. at it?

3: Why aren't you taking it for yourself?

4: Hide in the small rooms....camp it with Mulcher/Scorcher........flank it.....win before it appears?

I mean, I could see if it was on the map the whole time....but really? Something that can only come up for like 30 seconds at best and gets ripped apart by something as simple as Smoke grenades, and you're *****ing about it?
    I can only please one person per day.

Today isn't your day.

Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Palace Guard

if you throw a smoke at it and nothing happens...you missed.
    WE EAT TONIGHT!
    I preach civility on the forums and do my best to maintain and advance discussions that are as informative as they are polite.

\\*//::HIGH FIVE:: ::CHEST BUMP:: ::ASS SLAP::\\*//

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PuNkLiVz

I have no problem throwing a smoke at a silverback... and on another note, why do you let them get it????

MSgt. Shooter Person

If the match lasts long enough to actually activate it, then it was dragging anyway, and needs a quick ender.
    I think Silverback on this map is AWESOME!

If you hear "Silverback stage one complete", everyone on the map should be ON THAT. If you fail to pay attention, you SHOULD get minigunned for negligence.
    Unarmored Marcus / Alicia Valera / Cole Train / Golden Hunter / Savage Theron

Main: Gold Hammerburst / Gold Gnasher /
    Ghost Protocol Hammerburst / Chocolate Gnasher / Sub: Gold Retro Lancer / Gold Sawed-Off Shotgun
    All shall fall before the Horn.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maker L106

Honestly man if you make it to that point in the match (in warzone or exe) you just lost anyway. Its an opening style map. I assumed they put it in there for cleanup reasons.
    --Razer Sabertooth user, ask me about it or check it out yourself at their website. R a z e r z o n e (no I'm not sponsored or a dealer I just really like it)
    --Lancer / Gnasher (with a dash of Retro) I've seen to many games be great only to fall over time because of modifications that were not necessary. Please do not allow Gears to follow the others. Its my plea to you EPIC this is the best shooter on the market. Don't do as others have.
    --Thanks to WaRgAsM999, mvviking71 and Creepindeath445 for character codes, you guys are awesome.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TEARO

I never had a problem with the silverback.

Although I have to admit, I'm happy it's on only one map. I enjoy playing on Rustlung a lot, with and without Silverback.
    Favorite COG: Dizzy

Favorite Locust: Grenadier Elite

Dizzy Wallin Fan

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PickleExpress

I am always aware of when the Silverback is about to pop up, and I am either in the middle waiting, or behind cover with a smoke watching the enemy who is waiting for it. If they hop in, I smoke'em and gnasher my way up to it. I agree with the others, if you threw a smoke at it, and they kept going, you must have missed your throw. The Silverback's a nice little gimmick for matches that take too long, I love it. It makes for great battles as you fight for control of it.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Helluminatus

Not to mention that you have to go through a wide open space to grab it
    Cog: Clayton Carmine: Liquid Metal/Xbox Lancer, Team Metal gnasherLocust: Savage grenadier Elite: Infected omen/flame Hammy, Team metal gnasher
    Check out My video Game reviews! http://www.youtube.com/user/Helluminatus?feature=g-u
    Brohoof Anyone?
    Good players can clutch a match.Great players don't have to.
    IO[x] AF[x] ComDom[x] LGS[x] SGE[x] MB[x] SK[x] Cole Train[x] Flaming weapons[x] Gold Retro[x]

Banned

\

You can dodge a smoke by jumping out before it explodes, and you wont have time to throw an ink with the power of the turret

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HaSSaN aSSaSiN

Never had a game last long enough for someone to use it.
    He who will not risk cannot win.
    \\★//
    Proud sponsor of the more you know.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Fury View Post

4: Hide in the small rooms....camp it with Mulcher/Scorcher........flank it.....win before it appears?

I mean, I could see if it was on the map the whole time....but really? Something that can only come up for like 30 seconds at best and gets ripped apart by something as simple as Smoke grenades, and you're *****ing about it?
    1. KoTH and TDM does
    2. Smokes can be dodged, you can turn to face a frag and not have it kill you, and you shouldnt have to rely ONLY on Inks to kill a sliverback
    3. Because its in a open area so its impossible to fight for it if a team is already there with lancers
    4. Camp. The fact that you have to camp proves its a horrible addition. Power weapons should be an advantage, not a game deciding factor

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rattleheaduk

I agree with you OP, Silverback should have no place in multiplayer.
    Sliding in 'n' out of Grace
    Thanks to ShadowSniper V2 for the skins

If you can't differentiate between 'your' and 'you're' then reconsider posting. Similarly, 'moot' and 'mute', 'its' and 'it's', 'were' and 'we're'. And Pacific is an ocean; the word you want is specific.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SeniorDaddio63

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Horn View Post
    If the match lasts long enough to actually activate it, then it was dragging anyway, and needs a quick ender.

If you hear "Silverback stage one complete", everyone on the map should be ON THAT. If you fail to pay attention, you SHOULD get minigunned for negligence.
    This. I've killed with it and been owned by it and I love it. It's a fun way to change up whatever mode your on.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If it stays at the very back where it spawn it can be hard to hit it with a smoke without dying.
    I saw my teammate get in it at camped at the back and the other team couldnt reach it with smokes before dying.
    It shouldnt be in multiplayer they should just put boomshot there.

MSgt. Shooter Person

There's two easy ways to counter the Silverback.

Throw a smoke/ink and kill the driver.
    Sneak behind the Silverback and kill the driver.

inb4 "hurr its 2 hard 2 get bhind s1lv3rback"
    Be creative, you'll find a way.
    Marcus Fenix/Savage Grenadier
    Gold Omen Retro Lancer/Chrome Gnasher

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Fury View Post
    In our Brothers to the End match it did.

Well, I can't get there can I, cause there's the other opponent guarding them.

How can I possibly get it for myself when they have it!? Was throwing smokes and it didn't do nothing.

What difference does it make, it just blows you up with rockets. It's just unbeatable.

Like I said, I WAS throwing smoke grenades at it, even my mate was and it didn't do nothing.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Horn View Post

Okay then I'll just blindly run there and get shot. We were on TWO v TWO deathmatch. There ain't much you do to get there when they were camping near Silverback.