Default N00b failing install

gday
    I need help installing
    I tried for the first time, and it never finished, it just died (pretty apt way of describing what happened).
    I then tried to restart/finish the install
    it tried to uninstall and came up with a message that ran along the lines of "cannot uninstall because product has no CD key (install crashed before it got to this stage) hasn't worked since.
    If people have any answers, tips, tricks or hints these would be very helpful
    Cheers

Shadow1
    Respice ad Umbras et Timorem Cognoverunt

MSgt. Shooter Person

Go to start>control panel>program and features> click on programs and features and find the ut3 file and hit unistall. Once you do that you need to go to documents>mygames> and when you see the Unreal tournament 3 file erase it completely "DELETE" Next go to start and type in %programfiles% and check both x86 and the 32bit if there is anything in there that has something to do with UT3 erase it also "DELETE" Once you do all of this restart your computer. Once it restarts try installing the game again. Right click on the .EXE and chose run as administrator. The install should start from there. What are you trying to install this on if you don't mind me asking because it will not install on just anything. Also once you have it installed you have to install the patches too. Here is an all in one patch : http://www.gamefront.com/files/13738894/ut3patch5.exe Just download the file and right click on patch and run as admin again. This should do tha trick. I have been playing UT3 since 2007 so I know a nice amount of stuff. If you need help just let me know.

XP machine, 2 yrs old, and the guy i got it off was playing this on it so i have no idea why it is failing me...
    thanks for the help.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    XP machine, 2 yrs old, and the guy i got it off was playing this on it so i have no idea why it is failing me...
    thanks for the help.
    Have you done the operations I said above? If that don't work let me know.