MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DirtiestQBizzy

Default Off topic Gunnar Glasses

Does anyone know the difference between the gaming glasses and the computer glasses?

I'm thinking about getting a pair to try them out as I work in IT and stare at screens all day for work, then come home and game it up for a few hours afterwards.... The past few months I can feel my eyes straining, so I thought I'd give these a shot and see if at actually makes a difference.

Anyhow, I was just curious if anyone knew the difference as the website doesn't really specify a difference between the gaming and computing glasses.

Thanks,

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PAR4DROID

interesting... but since I'm wearing glasses alread (and really need them) I wonder what solution gunnar is offering for me
    I LOVE U SATAN

a HORDE etiquette

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Coffey II

Quote Originally Posted by PAR4DROID View Post
    interesting... but since I'm wearing glasses alread (and really need them) I wonder what solution gunnar is offering for me
    I think they do somehting with prescription lens from what i was reading. Costs a bit more though.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: wWeakside

are you meaning between the clear and the yellow lenses? From what I've heard the same the clear were based for graphic designers so the colors would be exact. (bc they would kinda need them to be) Ha
    ._____;------=....____|
    |____....---...._=_=_=_|== .......-=>
    ..\_--_o.__\\O_\\//\\_/>,_____
    ..../,, /^.|[....]|......===||______/
    .../_/....|[__]|............O

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saayer

Would be interested to here how they help you over a week of using them.
    I may be interested if they remove strain
    Gears of war <3
    Aaand....Dead!
    Saayer

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DirtiestQBizzy

I tweeted gunnaroptiks with my question.

There is no difference between the gaming and computing glasses other than the there are more styles/colors for the gaming ones and they are designed slightly different to accommodate headsets. I'm going to grab a pair of gaming ones.

I will post after a week or so to let you know if I notice a difference!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brendover

I've had mine for a couple of months since I also stare at a computer for hours a day then go home and play game. I'll give some short impressions.

First of all, I don't regret my purchase at all. I paid $80 for mine.
    My eyes used to have trouble focusing on objects sometimes, but since getting these it has not happened to me.
    The glasses are extremely comfortable. I usually forget I have them on, and they fit perfectly with my Gears of War 3 Tritton 7.1 headset.
    You get used to the yellow tint after wearing them a few times and don't even notice the difference.
    There is also slight magnification, but that has not really bothered me at all.

Overall, I'd recommend getting a pair, especially if your eyes get tired after long sessions of computer/gaming time or if you exhibit symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS).
    GoW > GoW 3 > GoW J >= GoW 2

<3 Thanks to III LYCAN III for the Classic Hammerburst, Alex and Anya codes! You are the best! <3