MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Region Matchmaking Broken?

I'm being matched up with folks from Russia, China, Taiwan, Ireland, Spain, etc. As a player in the United States, shouldn't I only be matched with other players from the United States?

This was one of the pitfalls with Gears 2 so i hope that this is just a temporary glitch.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gears for L1fe

due 2 ppl like u complaining every time epic have pulled the plug on our matchmaking...there will be a time when u will demand stop selling gears outside usa.....

sry 4 being harsh..had 2 get it out
    Last edited by ThE_SpEcIaL_1; 12-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Thanks EPIC and Microsoft for servers in Asia.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_SpEcIaL_1 View Post
    due 2 ppl like u complaining every time epic have pulled the plug on our matchmaking...there will be a time when u will demand stop selling gears outside usa.....
    Really? That is your comment to this thread? Nothing useful, just a complaint about a complaint?

I'll bite. Players should not be playing with people on other continents. If i'm in Japan, I should not be playing with people in USA, I should play with people in Australia, Asia, etc. The latency coupled with the routing delays make those games unfair and shoddy.

I think people from other countries have the right to play the game like everyone else, but we shouldn't be forced to play with people from around the world unless we want to.

No offense, but I don't like playing with people that hop/skip/jump around the map because they are on the other side of the world. This is the reason why Epic created regions.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaRgAzM999

sry 4 being harsh..had 2 get it out
    I'm sure Epic didn't stop dedicated servers in Asia due to complaining like this. Seems over-the-top to suggest that.
    Adam Fenix\\LV.84//Savage Grenadier Elite
    |Com Dom []|AF []Jill<3|SGE []Killrockstar|SK []|LGS []chaosneobreakage|MB []|

Free 'Aaron Griffin'HERE -[CSR] HERE
    'Overhaul Overpass'HERE

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

wat dedicated servers u talking ? there are none in asia right now...

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

wat dedicated servers u talking ? there are none in asia right now...
    Well, according to what you just said:

due 2 ppl like u complaining every time epic have pulled the plug on our matchmaking
    You HAD dedicated servers but they were cut. Suggesting that this happened due to complaining like this is outrageous.

I'm being matched up with folks from Russia, China, Taiwan, Ireland, Spain, etc. As a player in the United States, shouldn't I only be matched with other players from the United States?

This was one of the pitfalls with Gears 2 so i hope that this is just a temporary glitch.
    This has been happening a lot lately. Epic may decide to release an update but in the meantime you have no other alternative.

'Overhaul Overpass'HERE

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WaRgAzM999 View Post
    Well, according to what you just said:
    You HAD dedicated servers but they were cut. Suggesting that this happened due to complaining like this is outrageous.
    HAD? We were never on it, how did we HAD?

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

HAD? We were never on it, how did we HAD?
    They 'pulled the plug' on your matchmaking. This suggests that there was a 'plug to pull' I.E. dedicated servers.

'Overhaul Overpass'HERE

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WaRgAzM999 View Post
    They 'pulled the plug' on your matchmaking. This suggests that there was a 'plug to pull' I.E. dedicated servers.
    u will never understand our pain coz u have your own server for whole europe in ur own country...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hsai 113

@WaRgAzM999
    i think what he means was we could connect with servers from US, SA, and EU but after TU2, we couldn't even get to connect in any kind of match. it'll just create one full of bots. or wait for others to "find" you and join in which takes forever.
    a big THANK YOU to Merovec for the LGS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Perry View Post
    Earn the kill.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was hoping for some visibility by Epic because I never used to get matched with folks form other continents. From a game-play perspective, it is not desirable and makes it play like GoW2.