Register

Welcome to the Epic Games Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Infinity Blade 1 KEEPS CRASHING ON STARTUP, HELP!

Note: this is on iPod Touch 4th Gen 32GB

I am a long way into the game and REALLY don't want to lose my save file (lots of money, lots of items mastered, etc.).

Every time I try to start up the game, after the Unreal, Epic, and Chair screens it crashes. I have tried:

• Closing app and opening again
    • Resetting my iPod
    • Deleting the app and reinstalling
    • Backing up my device, doing a full restore in iTunes, and then restoring from backup

It's worth noting that, if I delete the app and reinstall, the game works (playing from the very beginning of the game with no save file). Then I put my save file back on (by restoring from the backup on iTunes) and it just keeps crashing.

Please help!

I have crash logs, but I don't know if they'd be of use.

Thanks.

EDIT: If it's of use to anyone, here's where I crashed:

After going down the spiral staircase to the deathless kings, I tapped on the "infinity blade holder" thing, and the guy walks up to it and then walks away. Then, I try to go back up the stairs, and a guy drops down. I beat him, and went halfway up the stairs. This has never happened for me before (usually he goes all the way up the stairs after the battle is over, and I face the guy who comes down the elevator again).

So I was halfway up the stairs and had two choices that I could tap on:

1) Continue up the stairs
    2) Go back down the stairs to the infinity blade holder (again)

I continued up the stairs, and everything was normal. Then, on the next bloodline, the exact same thing happened so I tried option 2 to see what would happen. After I tapped to go back down, it crashed and kept crashing every time I tried to reopen the game or whatever. This is where I am now (and have tried everything I mentioned above)
    Last edited by noeyeddeer; 12-05-2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: More context

Bump.
    Exact same for me on iPad 1.
    I know you guys are busy on IB2 but you need to patch the first one as well.
    The game just doesn't start. What good is this?
    Please update!

MSgt. Shooter Person

I had this issue.
    I did a restore all the way from DFU mode, and it started again.
    (not sure if my stuff were there or not)

Quote Originally Posted by musyne View Post
    Bump.
    Exact same for me on iPad 1.
    I know you guys are busy on IB2 but you need to patch the first one as well.
    The game just doesn't start. What good is this?
    Please update!
    musyne, did yours crash at the same place as mine (i.e. halfway up that staircase)? In any case, I fully agree, we need to get a fix on this.

Quote Originally Posted by yjchoi17 View Post
    I had this issue.
    I did a restore all the way from DFU mode, and it started again.
    (not sure if my stuff were there or not)
    yjchoi17, like I said, if I do a full restore, or even just delete the app and reinstall, it works (playing from the very beginning since my save file is gone). Then, when I restore it from the backup (to get my save file back), the crashing comes straight back. I could very easily get the game to work again, but without all my saved data (a lot). I'm not happy to accept that, I want a fix.

Nice to know I'm not the only one in this. Hopefully Epic, Chair, Unreal, or whoever can sort it out. Thanks for the replies, guys.

[QUOTE=noeyeddeer;29656525]musyne, did yours crash at the same place as mine (i.e. halfway up that staircase)? In any case, I fully agree, we need to get a fix on this.

It doesn't work since a few weeks now.. I don't remember where I was sorry.

What you describe is exactly what I experience though:
    "It's worth noting that, if I delete the app and reinstall, the game works (playing from the very beginning of the game with no save file). Then I put my save file back on (by restoring from the backup on iTunes) and it just keeps crashing."

I did it once in the past and it was working (using iExplorer instead of iTunes backup).
    Then I had the start up crash again so I thought I'll just delete/reinstall/restore my save again but this time it doesn't help.

I'm level 100 or something, I don't want to start again and right now this icon on my springboard is just completely useless.
    Now with what I read concerning IBII, I'm glad I didn't buy it. Epic needs to support their games better.

And now my Infinity Blade 2 is also crashing on startup. I'm yet to try all the stuff like deleting and reinstalling, etc. but this shouldn't be happening. These games are awesome, but Epic/Chair really need to get them working properly!

FIX!

Update: I did a reset and IB2 works, now. Perhaps I was quick to react, but still, it is a pain when it crashes...

IB1 is STILL not working, though.
    Last edited by noeyeddeer; 12-11-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: IB1 STILL broken, but IB2 working again.

Add me to this list. Neother Ib 1 or 2 will launch on my original iPad. They both crash at the start up screens. This is with iOS 5.0.1, all apps up to date. No other apps running at the time, rebooting the device does not help. IB 1 seems to work fine on my iPhone 4S, but IB 2 launches but has other issues. IB 1 has not worked for months I think, but IB 2 would not launch from the time I installed it this afternoon.

OK, so now that we've determined that this has happened in a number of cases, how do we attract the attention of important people, so they know, too, and get to work on a fix?

The game's brilliant, but, right now, the support leaves a lot to be desired. I can't say that I'm pleased.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Talu360

Exactly the same (sometimes), but always when i go to "Character" to edit my stas and all that thing, so now i finished the game and i cant see anthing
    P.D: I installed IB 2 and never worked...
    BLUE Re-Up Lvl= 47
    Bernie//Flame Grenadier
    Lancer/Gnasher