Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frags Only

9 36.00%
  • Keep Incendiary Grenades

16 64.00%

Hybrid View

MSgt. Shooter Person

Default An idea to Make Blood Drive less Campy Possibly?

i was thinking that flame grenades is just terrible to be on Blood Drive. All the teams do is sit up top and fire down. It should either be Frags the whole game or Frag inks. Yes i realize the issue with grenade planting but you could be slightly more careful. With Frags you have a chance to actually push up on the other team instead of seeing who has a faster trigger finger
    Last edited by Youshouldreadthis; 12-01-2011 at 09:17 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CorruptedSinner PSN ID: CorruptedSinner

How would replacing a near useless planting grenade with one that cover the same area but also stuns fix the problem? Wouldn't it just make it worse?
    Loadout: Lancer / Gnasher Shotgun
    C.O.G: Onyx Guard / Classic Marcus
    Locust: Theron Elite / Grenadier Elite
    YouTube Page: TheCorruptedSinner
    Twitter Profile: @CorruptedSinner

MSgt. Shooter Person

Frags definently do NOT have the same radius explosion as incendiary to think that you are high.....

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you played gears 2 you would know that frags are what make that map campy, the only solution i can think of is to tear down the wall at the frags and make a pathway/ramp out of rubble that way there are 3 entrances instead of the linear 2.

Also while they are at it, that window at spawn should be able to jump both ways rather than just out.

MSgt. Shooter Person

with frags both rounds it would just become more tedious, it wont stop people camping like it does now it just means every f***ing surface is gonna be tagged in both rounds <.<

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spjza80tt

Frags all rounds in GOW2 on guardian..... loved it

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blades Of Grave

No offense, but this is a terrible idea. Both frags would make it MORE campy, and besides, I like incendiaries. It's not like camping is an invincible strategy on this map anyways.
    War Houndz

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bowbow13

Frags are much more campy than flames. Planted incendiaries are almost useless.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vancouva

Frags make that map campy...
    The Finger of Doom achievement should've been called...

"License to Kryll"

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Helluminatus

I say close up that little window in front of the nade spawn is a better Idea (though I don't think this needs to be fixed at all)
    Also, frags all the time would make it much campier.
    Cog: Clayton Carmine: Liquid Metal/Xbox Lancer, Team Metal gnasherLocust: Savage grenadier Elite: Infected omen/flame Hammy, Team metal gnasher
    Check out My video Game reviews! http://www.youtube.com/user/Helluminatus?feature=g-u
    Brohoof Anyone?
    Good players can clutch a match.Great players don't have to.
    IO[x] AF[x] ComDom[x] LGS[x] SGE[x] MB[x] SK[x] Cole Train[x] Flaming weapons[x] Gold Retro[x]

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bernie Dingdong PSN ID: Luhburger

Do people forget smokes can be useful on this map? Same counteracting tagged frags with your own frags, if they camp their orig spawn then smoke/frag the spot and hit em with the rifles. Keep em busy or force em out. If your playing with randos, then do the same, but don't try to be a hero.
    XBL Gamertag: Bernie Dingdong Feel free to add me!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: father russia67

I think the map is fine personally, not nearly as good as GoW2's version, but any team that is solid can get a good flank through flamethrower and eventually the team that doesn't camp will receive the power weapon. Frags are a bit of a problem but from my personal experience of playing the map hundreds of times I always check the typical spots for nade plants. My suggestion is nothing really, if anything add some pillars in the middle because they made it too wide open.
    Allow Xbox One Users The OPTION To Opt-In To 24-Hour Checks At The Benefit of Family Sharing, etc. http://chn.ge/13TXpJx
    lIl Level 100 in GoW2 lIl Level 400 in GoW 3 lIl High Roller in GoW:J lIl
    Image TuT:
    Right Click Image: "Copy Image Location" then put in [*SHOT] [*/SHOT] without *
    ...................................................... .......................................... ................................................. "Open eyes observe, an open mind creates."

MSgt. Shooter Person

in some ways yes, it will get more campier, but for you to run into a frag plant it cant be in the open ( with the exception of blind people) so if you know there will be plants in certain places you can toss smokes to disable them and possibly kill on the people "camping" One point you cant argue against is the fact that blood drive is rifle type of map. Frags will atleast allow you to be able to stage some pushes up the stairs

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Autumns Grief

One thing: Play Execution/Warzone. If you play TDM, whatever the map you have, people just camp.
    Autumns Grief
    Come take a look !
    www.youtube.com/user/TheAutumnsGrief

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TG pho3niX

Blood Drive isn't a good map for respawn gamemodes. It's campy by design (notice how it was brought in with the Horde maps?)
    signature removed by admin- over allowed swag
    They see me trollin'
    They hatin'
    Moderatin'
    They tryina catch me trollin' dirty

Very special thanks to evonites for the Adam Fenix code, re-igniting my Gears fire after my rank reset. You're awesome

I voted to keep Incendiary Grenades.

Either way, it wouldn't matter. Everyone knows the popular place to plant Frags now (in that room where they spawn, or slightly further down the hallway). A smoke frag can take care of those easily.

I don't think Blood Drive is all that campy from the games I've played. The other team makes a constant rush either up the stairs or flanking us from the side.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arctura Bang

The whole game is a camp-fest. Not changing due to the power of the rifles.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Well incendiary grenades are now WAY buffed. Even then, it wouldn't make any difference.
    Twitter: @SoSiCc408

Redeemer

One major flaw in this map that contributes to the campiness is that there is only one power weapon in the middle that people want. Therefore my suggestion is that the grenades should alternate Incendiary/Ink and then replace the Scorcher with Frags. That way the team that camps gets no Frags.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sSK3tch V157

i dont see ppl camp frags unless it 1 or 2 so i dont see the big deal but when the whole team camps its usually right out side spawn and for some unknown reason the spawns wont flip

the spawns wont flip on any of the new maps.(its like we kill 1 then they spawn at the same spot plus they r high up so its hard to get 2 them) look at clocktower the 1st time i played it we had 13 spawns left because we spawn trapped them. so instead of changing the frags, how about flipping the spawns every now and then???
    Its The Holiday Season & I Was Hoping To Get A Mechanic Baird or LGS;-]
    If You Can Spare Either 1 I'd Appreciate It. [Thanks]^:-]^ up up and away^^ - KiD CuDi

My Aim is Swift and True

Redeemer

Im way better with flame nades there so fun to throw and get a direct hitt with.

Frags annoy me i find the raduis of the blast to be slighty ridiculous
    Tips for People who want to learn the art of Gnasher.
    Try to bounce to the walls and make sure you dont spend too much time in a stationary postion when firing the gnasher you have the WONDERFUL abilty to doge bullets as well as become a one shot powerhouse if accuracy allows it. Also get good with the BLINDFIRE

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Youshouldreadthis View Post
    i was thinking that flame grenades is just terrible to be on Blood Drive. All the teams do is sit up top and fire down. It should either be Frags the whole game or Frag inks. Yes i realize the issue with grenade planting but you could be slightly more careful. With Frags you have a chance to actually push up on the other team instead of seeing who has a faster trigger finger
    Blood Drive was never "campy" to begin with. /thread
    Score a Headshot with the Sawed-Off, then We'll Talk...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XDS GaryOak View Post
    Blood Drive was never "campy" to begin with. /thread
    That's a pretty funny joke.

MSgt. Shooter Person

New weapon swaps solution:
    Scorcher to torque or boomshot ( either a cycle or one or the other)
    Torque to sniper. ( meaning it is always a sniper pickup at the sniper/torque. )
    Frags to ink
    Or have sniper/torque cycle like how it is and than scorcher is always boom
    In this idea if a team camps they are giving up TWO useful weapons and get an ink and/or flame nades to defend themselves instead of the nightmarish frags.

It is just an idea and I personally find the map swaps fine. But if these changes were implemented I could not see a camping team winning.
    Last edited by Bullet Marsh; 12-02-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Banned

blood drive is fine the way it is and with all due respect what your proposing makes little sense to me. i wouldn't mind a few more frag/ink swaps though.

MSgt. Shooter Person

blooddrive is perfect as is
    ôthe sawed off and the gnasher are just as easy to aim." -Originally Posted by Fart