MSgt. Shooter Person

Default Failed to Authorize Disc

Every once in a while I get this error popping up when I'm maybe on average 1 minute into the game. I don't know the cause of it, but it is really annoying. I've looked on these forums for an answer but have yet to find one. Then I looked around the internet and I'm not the only one having this issue. Some people have blamed it on the actual disc, but I've switched it out for several different copies and the problem persists.

So I am here to tell you of some probable manners on how to fix the problem, momentarily at least. From what information I've gathered and applied there are two things you should attempt that will not take more than 5 minutes.

The first is as simple as clearing your memory's cache. If you don't know how there are a lot of tutorials out there look one up. This doesn't always work, but a good amount of people say it has helped them and fixed the problem. The second is to remove your systems hard drive, power up the 360, load up the game, and give it a sec so the xbox "authorizes" it.

To be completely honest I have no clue of the cause as I stated before so I'm not sure what any of those repairs are actually doing to your xbox on a more scientific point of view, or what would cause this to fix the problem so don't ask and try at your own risk. These are the methods that have kept the error away for me without having to repeat the repair for a week or so. I hope this opens a discussion to a permanent fix or at least helps out fellow GOW 3 players who are having the same issue as I am.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Johnny Sagu

it just happened to me last night 2 or 3 times and it is anoying
    Thnx to Jill for Adam Fenix
    Thnx to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai
    Thnx to xKalivuRLZP for the early overrun demo

thnx to "__________" space reserved to anyone kind enough to hook me up with anya character

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was hoping it was some type of failure on Epic's part, so that they would fix it maybe on this title update. After snooping around some people have reported that the problem has to do with the HD or the disc reader giving out. I refuse to send my 360 in until it is too late or until Epic makes a statement concerning this problem.

MSgt. Shooter Person

After a lot of consideration and my 360 finally not being able read any game for more than 30 minutes, I sent it in to Microsoft, I haven't gotten any info back from it I'll keep this posted for anybody interested.

Banned
    on sera,looking for my locust sibling's after the neutron bomb i'm one of the few locust that lived

Does this happen 4 any game or only gears?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by RAAMS BUDDY SKORGE View Post
    Does this happen 4 any game or only gears?
    It seems I was incorrect in assuming It was Epic's fault. I was just so sucked into Gears 3 that I hadn't tested it on anything else until I did on MW3 and other games, then I noticed I was getting errors all over the place. I didn't want to think it was my new 2 month old Xbox 360 Slim. It just seemed too early for anything to have malfunctioned in my eyes.

Of course I turned to the internet for answers, which if anything, pointed me in all the wrong directions. Most of the forums I visited listed these temporary fixes which seemed to work when I applied them. Little did I know that these fixes were in fact not helping my system at all. After a lot of trial and error, emphasis on error, I decided to check if Epic had a statement about this which turned up no results. And so I started this thread to help fellow gamers who would be having these issues and would have an informed opinion before taking any drastic action.

In the end, I shipped my brand new Slim into Microsoft and should be getting it back pretty soon. It only took them a little under a third week, so I'm not completely disappointed.