Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Locked unlocks due to Rank Reset

Awhile back, I had been reset like many others. Since then I've been able to get back on my feet and earn most of my medals and ribbons back. Problem now is, certain things will not unlock that I had before reset. Specifically, and the problem for others is, For The Horde! medal not working which is completing all 50 waves of Horde on Insane. Since that won't unlock, neither can I get the Laugh Track mutator.

Epic, will you be able to fix this at all?

EDIT:

A solution if EPIC doesn't do anything which most likely is the case.

Play 1 private match so that you can update your files as well as the servers. Then head to the Menus and straight to the dashboard.

1) transfer your player data and campaign save to the usb, then log off and transfer your gamertag to the usb.

2) log in on the dashboard and start the game.

3) when you see the shield like symbol with EPIC on it remove the usb and ignore the message that pops up. let it run through till the part where it tells you to Press Start w/ the Gears 3 logo

4) Once you hit start go to your stats/awards and scroll through the tabs and go to the collectables and then to the achievements. Both should be empty.

5) From there (at the achievement tab) place the usb back and a message saying that there's a new storage device or device has changed. Press A to continue which should take you back to the title screen where it tells you to Press Start with the Gears 3 logo.

6) Head back to the dashboard and log off. Transfer just your gamertag back to your HDD [the game already placed your player data from the backup in the servers but if you like you can transfer the one from the usb or keep it as a back up]

7) remove your usb and log back in and start the game. check back to your stats/awards and you should see your collectables empty and your campaign progress is gone like you haven't even touched it.

You will still have your achievements under your stats/award. The progress did reset themselves so you will see the boxes pop up even though you already got the achievement.

Thanks to GD01 for the reply who brought the solution from Wyldewolf's freeze fix.
    Last edited by MadhakT; 11-27-2011 at 02:05 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Sorry to say but I think they said is all they can try and do is stop the reset from happening. You can only hope.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ViperousAmoeba

same problem as you , horde medal, laugh track, crimson retro lancer all locked and will no unlock.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...=ranked+resets
    Last edited by viperousamoeba; 01-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DynamicGrimKing

Quote Originally Posted by MadhakT View Post
    Awhile back, I had been reset like many others. Since then I've been able to get back on my feet and earn most of my medals and ribbons back. Problem now is, certain things will not unlock that I had before reset. Specifically, and the problem for others is, For The Horde! medal not working which is completing all 50 waves of Horde on Insane. Since that won't unlock, neither can I get the Laugh Track mutator.

Epic, will you be able to fix this at all?
    epic has to fix it, cause the base 1000 gamerscore must be obtainable by everyone

epic isn't doing nothing.... almost 2 month and no answer...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by migex View Post
    epic isn't doing nothing.... almost 2 month and no answer...
    i haven't seen anyone complaining about this until recently

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bugz N7 PSN ID: Bugz_XO

I thought resets were fixed? I don't understand. Epic said Info will be stored on Servers to avoid this?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bugz View Post
    I thought resets were fixed? I don't understand. Epic said Info will be stored on Servers to avoid this?
    us being reset isn't the problem, it's the us not being able to unlock the For The Horde! medal after being reset that we have a problem with

Default For the horde and the rest problems after rank reset

IF they are not going to fix this we should get our money back thats what I think , I love the game but I hate BUGS in it and the game is full of bugs EPIC fix this

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bartek007 View Post
    IF they are not going to fix this we should get our money back thats what I think , I love the game but I hate BUGS in it and the game is full of bugs EPIC fix this
    they have to fix it, because if they don't there will be in violation of Microsoft gamerscore and achievement policy

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Anthro Cheetah

I had the same problem but I manage to fix it. Though you will only lose campaign progress and the collectables if you want to do what I did.

1. Transfer your Gamertag and your player data to a memory card or usb.

2. Sign in on the dashboard start the game

3. At the Epic logo appears remove the memory unit/usb and ignore the message that appears about placing the unit back in.

4. Hit start and go to your stats/awards and your Achievements and Campaign Collectables should be empty.

5. Place the unit/usb back in it should take you back to the Gears 3 logo where it tells you to hit start and exit back to the dashboard.

This should fix it. You should be able to unlock the medal, mutators, and skins once you met the requirements again.

Edit: This also resets some of your progression for achievements. Which should help to unlock those that require achievements.
    Last edited by GD01; 11-15-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

I gonna try this tonight , but I would recommend backing up your sav. file just in case of a level reset. This fix kinda makes me nerves. Anyone else try this yet ?
    Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750 Reset 3 times
    Gears of War 3 1235/2000 Reset 1 time, got that back up now.
    Hey Epic about that Flaming Retro ? Im I being punished for getting reset ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms A Chievement View Post
    I lol'd. Imagine if Martin Luther King had said that. "I... Have a dream, but I don't want to elaborate."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by viperousamoeba View Post
    I gonna try this tonight , but I would recommend backing up your sav. file just in case of a level reset. This fix kinda makes me nerves. Anyone else try this yet ?
    That's why i mention to transfer your player data to the usb. The game won't use it since when you start the game after removing the unit it will use the HDD and will make a player data that was back up in the servers. Once you re-insert the unit it will say that a new storage appeared and to continue. This will take you back to the screen where it tells you to Press start. From there just go back to the dashboard. Transfer your gamertag back to the HDD and remove the unit with the player data and save it some where.

Thanks GD01 for a solution, I will try to do it tonight and reply back with the results. I will be doing all 50 waves of Horde on Insane first.

Just to make sure, you're saying ONLY Caimpaign and Collectibles will be reset?(and possibly avatar awards) and not Mutators etc. If so, this will be great because it gives an excuse to redo the caimpaign to help progress related Caimpagn Medals.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MadhakT View Post
    Thanks GD01 for a solution, I will try to do it tonight and reply back with the results. I will be doing all 50 waves of Horde on Insane first.

Just to make sure, you're saying ONLY Caimpaign and Collectibles will be reset?(and possibly avatar awards) and not Mutators etc. If so, this will be great because it gives an excuse to redo the caimpaign to help progress related Caimpagn Medals.
    Only Campaign and Collectible be reset. You will still have all your skins, mutators, medals, ribbons, and avatars that you have unlocked.

I also forgot to add that some of your achievement progression will be reset as well. You will be able to unlock the avatar awards again when you get the required waves for horde and beast.
    Last edited by GD01; 11-15-2011 at 07:30 PM.

I tried the method and other ways but have not been able to get the Collectible's to reset. I tried the first 10 and all 50 waves and still nothing. Hope I'm not missing something.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N R Nuclear Sam

Yeah my friend got reset two days ago, worst thing was that he was level 99, 1 from 100, had 10 Onyx medals. So he certainly raged a lot when he got reset. It's too bad that this problem occurs too frequently, is their anyway to back up your stuff incase you DO get reset? Cause I wanna back up my stuff, only need 5 onyx medals til I get the War Hero medal.
    Gears Of War 2: Level 100
    Gears Of War 3: Level 100 (+7,100,000 exp over that)
    Onyx Medals: 31/65

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Celestial Haven

Quote Originally Posted by GD01 View Post
    Only Campaign and Collectible be reset. You will still have all your skins, mutators, medals, ribbons, and avatars that you have unlocked.

I also forgot to add that some of your achievement progression will be reset as well. You will be able to unlock the avatar awards again when you get the required waves for horde and beast.
    Doing this not only fixed my achievements, but it allowed me to play one game of casual. lol it was soooo awesome! not having to actually try in a game and just chilling with people new to it the game lol

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FredFlintstoned

I tried GD01's instructions and it worked for me too!
    However, the instructions were somewhat ambiguous.
    But this is what I did based on what GD01 wrote:

NOTE: before you do this, make an extra backup copy of your gamertag, Gears of War 3 campaign data and Gears of War 3 player save data to a SECOND memory card or USB portable hard drive just in case.

As an additional measure, you might want to clear your system cache first before you start with step 1 with these instructions.
    Here is how you clear your system cache just in case you need instructions:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...r-system-cache

1. Go offline by removing your internet connection from your XBox.

2. Sign in on the dashboard (offline)

3. "Move" (not copy) your Gears of War 3 player data and Campaign data to a memory card or usb portable hard drive.

4. "Move" (not copy) your gamertag to the same memory card or usb portable hard drive. It'll say you need to sign-out first before you can move your gamertag. Go ahead and confirm this when it prompts you.

5. Sign in on the dashboard (offline) with your gamertag from the same memory card or usb portable hard drive that you transferred your data to and start the Gears of War 3 game.

6. When you see the first Epic logo appear when starting up your Gears of War 3 game, physically remove the memory card or usb portable hard drive from your Xbox and ignore the message that appears about placing the unit back in.

7. Press start on your controller and go to your stats/awards. If you check your Achievements and Campaign Collectables, they should be empty.

8. Plug-in your memory card or usb portable hard drive back into your Xbox. When you do this, wait a few seconds and it should automatically take you back to the Gears 3 logo where it tells you to press start (but don't actually press start on your controller). Instead exit back to the dashboard.

9. "Move" (not copy) your updated/modified Gears of War 3 player data and your gamertag from your memory card or usb portable hard drive back to your Xbox 360 hard drive but DO NOT MOVE OR COPY your Campaign data back to your hard drive.

10. Remove your memory card or usb portable hard drive from your XBox 360.

11. Sign back in with your gamertag and start up Gears of War 3 (offline) and check to see if your campaign collectibles are gone. If you did the steps correctly, they should be gone.

12. Now you can connect or go back online with your Xbox 360, sign in with your gamertag and start up your Gears of War 3 game.

You should now be able to acquire all of the medals, achievements, avatars and weapon skins you weren't able to acquire when you were reset.

Even though you will still have your achievements that you've earned listed in the game, the game will think you don't have any achievements.
    So you'll frequently see an achievement progression bar pop-up for all achievements while playing. This will go away after you actually got the achievement again.
    This method will allow everyone who has been reset to acquire the crimson weapon skins, all 3 of the avatar awards, all of the medals including "for the horde" now and everything else as well.

You will have to re-acquire all of the collectibles in the campaign/arcade mode and you'll also need to complete campaign/arcade on hardcore in order to play it on insane.

Big thanks to GD01 for discovering and posting up those instructions!
    Last edited by FredFlintstoned; 11-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NinjaGrrLx

Quote Originally Posted by FredFlintstoned View Post
    I tried GD01's instructions and it worked for me too!
    However, the instructions were somewhat ambiguous.
    But this is what I did based on what GD01 wrote:

NOTE: before you do this, make an extra backup copy of your gamertag, Gears of War 3 campaign data and Gears of War 3 player save data to a SECOND memory card or USB portable hard drive just in case.

1. Go offline by removing your internet connection from your XBox.

2. Sign in on the dashboard (offline)

3. "Move" (not copy) your Gears of War 3 player data and Campaign data to a memory card or usb portable hard drive.

4. "Move" (not copy) your gamertag to the same memory card or usb portable hard drive. It'll say you need to sign-out first before you can move your gamertag. Go ahead and confirm this when it prompts you.

5. Sign in on the dashboard (offline) with your gamertag from the same memory card or usb portable hard drive that you transferred your data to and start the Gears of War 3 game.

6. When you see the first Epic logo, physically remove the memory card or usb portable hard drive from your Xbox and ignore the message that appears about placing the unit back in.

7. Press start on your controller and go to your stats/awards. If you check your Achievements and Campaign Collectables, they should be empty.

8. Plug-in your memory card or usb portable hard drive back into your Xbox. When you do this, wait a few seconds and it should automatically take you back to the Gears 3 logo where it tells you to press start (but don't actually press start on your controller). Instead exit back to the dashboard.

9. "Move" (not copy) your updated/modified Gears of War 3 player data, Campaign data and your gamertag from your memory card or usb portable hard drive back to your Xbox 360 hard drive. I believe your campaign data should be corrupted by this so ignore any message that says it's corrupted. If it cannot move it back, then that's fine.

Now you can go back online with your Xbox 360.
    You should now be able to acquire all of the medals, achievements, avatars and weapon skins you weren't able to acquire when you were reset.

Even though you will still have your achievements that you've earned listed in the game, the game will think you don't have any achievements.
    So you'll frequently see an achievement progression bar pop-up for all achievements while playing. This will go away after you actually got the achievement again.
    This method will allow everyone who has been reset to acquire the crimson weapon skins, all 3 of the avatar awards, all of the medals including "for the horde" now and everything else as well.

You will have to re-acquire all of the collectibles in the campaign/arcade mode and you'll also need to complete campaign/arcade on hardcore in order to play it on insane.

Big thanks to GD01 for discovering and posting up those instructions!

i have done this twice to no avail. am i doing something wrong?

i already have the achievements for beast and horde. could that be the issue?
    Last edited by Ninjagrrl82; 11-25-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjagrrl82 View Post
    i have done this twice to no avail. am i doing something wrong?

i already have the achievements for beast and horde. could that be the issue?
    If you mean that you have them done, but it wont grant them to you, then no that shouldnt be the problem, i had a few achievements like that and it gave one to me and let me restart the other. keep trying, hopefully it will work soon. :/

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Haven View Post
    If you mean that you have them done, but it wont grant them to you, then no that shouldnt be the problem, i had a few achievements like that and it gave one to me and let me restart the other. keep trying, hopefully it will work soon. :/
    yes i achieved "welcome to horde mode" and "welcome to beast mode" on 9/22/2011. i received no notification for either beast or horde after completing them after doing this method.

should i keep trying to do this?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

What are you trying to acquire or achieve specifically?
    Are you trying to get a particular mutator, medal, weapon skin, or avatar award?
    If so, which one?

If you've already acquired a particular achievement, then the Xbox achievement won't pop-up.
    But there should be a little exclamation mark next to the achievement if you've re-acquired it again after going through the steps listed above (just like the ribbons).

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

What are you trying to acquire or achieve specifically?
    Are you trying to get a particular mutator, medal, weapon skin, or avatar award?
    If so, which one?

If you've already acquired a particular achievement, then the Xbox achievement won't pop-up.
    But there should be a little exclamation mark next to the achievement if you've re-acquired it again after going through the steps listed above (just like the ribbons).
    i am trying to get "for the horde" medal and everything associated with that as well as "welcome to beast mode". i do already have the achievement, so i know it will not pop up when i get it, "again". i followed the guide here and it still will not unlock for me (specifically "for the horde" medal) for instance, i already have the lvl 50 one and every once in a while i will see a progress bar for that pop up, but it will not for horde. strangely enough, it progresses for beast, but the avatar award and skin associated with that will not unlock for me. "for the horde" is the only medal that will not unlock or progress.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

i am trying to get "for the horde" medal and everything associated with that as well as "welcome to beast mode". i do already have the achievement, so i know it will not pop up when i get it, "again". i followed the guide here and it still will not unlock for me (specifically "for the horde" medal) for instance, i already have the lvl 50 one and every once in a while i will see a progress bar for that pop up, but it will not for horde. strangely enough, it progresses for beast, but the avatar award and skin associated with that will not unlock for me. "for the horde" is the only medal that will not unlock or progress.
    In step 7 of my instructions above, were your achievements and campaign collectables empty?
    I also just modified step 9 slightly- make sure you DON'T copy your campaign data back to your hard drive.
    Let me know if that works for you.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

In step 7 of my instructions above, were your achievements and campaign collectables empty?
    I also just modified step 9 slightly- make sure you DON'T copy your campaign data back to your hard drive.
    that's prolly what i did wrong then, i will try again now!

EDIT: after NOT moving my campaign data back to my hard drive, my collectibles are still there along with all my campaign progress.
    Last edited by Ninjagrrl82; 11-26-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    GoW 3: LvL 85 after being reset from 100
    Characters:Sam/Myrrah
    Weapons: Gnasher/Lancer
    Skins: Deadly CUTE!

Big thanks to GD01 and FredFlinstoned for helping me get my medal progression back!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

that's prolly what i did wrong then, i will try again now!

so after not moving my campaign data back to my hard drive, my collectibles are still there.

and i just played waves 1-10 and did not unlock anything
    That's the most important part- your campaign achievements and collectibles must be gone or blank in order for this to work.
    In step number 7, did you check to see if both your campaign achievements and your campaign collectibles are gone?
    They should be gone if you did this correctly.

I modified step 11 so this time, you're just going to log back in with your gamertag (offline) and start up Gears of War 3 (offline) and check to make sure that your collectibles are still gone.

As an additional measure, you might want to clear your system cache first before you start with step 1 with these instructions.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

That's the most important part- your campaign achievements and collectibles must be gone or blank in order for this to work.
    In step number 7, did you check to see if both your campaign achievements and your campaign collectibles are gone?
    They should be gone if you did this correctly.

I modified step 11 so this time, you're just going to log back in with your gamertag (offline) and start up Gears of War 3 (offline) and check to make sure that your collectibles are still gone.

IIIITTTT WOOOOOOORRKS!!! I think the key thing was clearing my system cache!!! OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have saved my Gears gaming!!

Big thanks to GD01 and FredFlinstoned for helping me get my medal progression back!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

IIIITTTT WOOOOOOORRKS!!! I think the key thing was clearing my system cache!!! OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have saved my Gears gaming!!

Great! Glad to hear that it finally worked.
    Most of the thanks should go to GD01 for discovering and posting his original instructions though.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Great! Glad to hear that it finally worked.
    Most of the thanks should go to GD01 for discovering and posting his original instructions though.
    Yeah you and me both lol
    And yes, thanks goes GD01 too

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zer0 Zoler0

Worked for me too Finally I got the Horde medal again.
    Gears character quotes.

_,,,,,_....I.... .........,,_i\_____
    (_.-|o|_____|-..._____))»»»»»
    » /_/{ ||#||=,,-,,=/
    ```````\__\

by doing this, will it reset you back to level 1 and rest all medals?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton 124 View Post
    by doing this, will it reset you back to level 1 and rest all medals?
    No it will not reset your level or medals that you have earned, only reset your campaign progress and achievements, allowing you to re-do any achievements that you have unlocked, but not credited for.

SWEET. when i do this i just have to keep a back up of player data then im set with bugs/glitches with this game thanks to everybody

one last thing, will a Mp3 work like a usb when you configure it?

and what about XBox acc ban or ban from epic if you do it ???

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Yes, an mp3 storage device should work as long as it has enough space.
    If you can format the storage device through your Xbox system, you should be able to use it.

No, you won't get banned by Microsoft or Epic for doing this.

im happy to say that THIS WORKS. think about this.....

1. Epic fixed offline glitch
    2. Epic fixed -2 billion score in arcade
    3. this fixes for the horde medal glitch/muaters
    4. all you have to do is to keep a back up of you player data then you done with glitches with this game. unless future DLC brings more.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Ok I have trying this for awhile. I finally got it to work. Thanks You very much
    Gears of War 1250/1250

I lol'd. Imagine if Martin Luther King had said that. "I... Have a dream, but I don't want to elaborate."

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

this needs to sticky or whatever its called. lol
    Gears of War 1250/1250

IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH THANK GOD IT WORRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSsssss ssssss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast