Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GRAE SKYZ

Smile I'm making the switch to Quick Match!!!!

My career in Ranked has come to an end.

Things have changed so much. In Gears 1 and 2 there was no Unranked and Ranked. We had Player Matches in Gears 1. Even in Gears 1 I played Ranked as a "lonewolf". I've never been too into using my mic. Don't feel it's especially necessary as long as everyone is aware of what's going on.

Anyway, in Gears 2 there were no Player Matches so everyone was forced to play Ranked in a sense. I still played as a lonewolf, and had a great time for the most part. There were still those who quit, went AFK, and displayed the usual trollish behavior. I understand it's the internet, though. And sometimes s*** happens, and you have to leave.

Anyway, enter Gears 3. Still playing Ranked as a lonewolf.....until now. It's been pretty much the same as Gears 2. My K/D is still nothing to brag about. And why would it be? When you play alone in Ranked against clans, mic users, and very competitive Gearheads, it's gonna be tough to be exceptional. Some do, though, and I ain't hatin'. Of course, they could be exceptional because I'm taking all the risk, fighting 2 or 3 at a time, with no one watching my back. lol

Anyway, at first I thought Epic should remove Quick Match and force everyone to just play Ranked. But, I do feel that Ranked serves it's purpose. I just think it's best suited for coordinated teams, and friends who play together.

That brings me to what I like about Quick Match. I do like the not waiting to begin another match. Because Gears 3 is so awesome, I no longer need a break between matches to calm down from my frustration, like I did with Gears 2.

It was originally stated that only the Ranked playlists had dedicated servers. So, that definitely made playing Ranked (even as a lonewolf) more appealing. But, the game doesn't feel much different to me. Sometimes, it seems like Quick Match is on dedis. Just tonight my Gnasher gibbed an opponent from pretty far away. Never experienced that before.

Anyway, playing Quick Match tonight was cool. I enjoyed playing Execution non-stop. I'm sure that will be changed, and gametypes will cycle.

I'm cool with playing Ranked or Quick Match. But, I always went into Ranked with a very competitive mindset. Even though I was a lone wolf, among other lonewolves, or full parties, I always wanted to compete at a high level. I don't understand players who go into Ranked to troll, go AFK, or exhibit such non-competitive behavior.

I just think Unranked, or Quick Match is probaly where most lonewolves feel more comfortable, and I can understand why. Some players do take playing Ranked more serious, and never play it without real help. I get it.

The thing that bothers me most is both Quick Match and Ranked having stats. And players not treating Ranked more seriously.

Some players are llike me and agree with the good things about Quick Match, and that's why they're there. But, other players like Quick Match so they can be very non-competitve. they can quit out of matches as soon as they know that their team is gonna lose. They can boost their K/D. They can boost their QM K/D, against bots, and then brag about it. I understand about wanting good teammates, and appreciating being able to surf around and find a good team to run with for a few matches. That's what's really good about QM. I've had plenty of Friend invites, but TBH it's not really my thing. I just wish more players would admit who they are, stop making excuses, and complaining all the time. If you don't have a team to play with, it's probaly your own fault.

Gears of War 3 is a great game (ALPHA Playlist). It is very competitive (ALPHA Playlist). So, for a player like me, I can admit that QM is more for me (ALPHA Playlist). Not because I'm not competitive, but because I'm so competitive, I'd rather do it "right" than not at all. And I know alot of other players feel the same way, and I think that's cool. Quick Match is also very competitive (ALPHA Playlist), and that's cool.

So, I'll see you all in Quick Match (ALPHA Playlist, of course)!!!!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    ALPHA FTW!!!!
    Last edited by GRAE SKYZ; 11-06-2011 at 03:53 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I play quick matches because I have maybe half an hour to an hour per gaming session (wife and child, university). I want as many matches as I can in the time I have to play, and I want to be able to drop out as and when required (child crying, wife whingeing). The people who rag on quick matches are the kids who come home from school, switch the xbox on and play until bedtime, or single people, or unemployed folk.

Redeemer

that ****ing baby scare me o.o
    also big thanks to Losthursday and Flak for the Savage Kantus code, I can't describe how grateful I'm, seriously guys u are the bests
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexisonfire View Post
    Yes. From now Im going to be a transexual on the internet so people will be nice to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Midgarian

If Epic decided to remove Quick Match then the Ranked Matches would be worthy.. You wouldn't have to wait to join a match and if you did it'd be a few seconds.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PlaguesSpreader

Quick Matches are better for soloing, but Ranked is very rewarding if you have some friends.

Good luck in Quick.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(»`v┤»)
    ╚══`.Ş.Gears
    EGFC Member

Many thanks to I EV0L 0NE I and Flak for the Cole Train Plushy!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Avenge CeeJay

Quick matches are on dedicated servers. Ranked have the priority but public are on servers for the most part too.
    I'm Avenge CeeJay, come and watch my HD videos for some nasty headshots with Sniper and Torque Bow!
    www.Youtube.com/user/CeJayiZSicK

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mullet Death

But it's not my fault that I never get the opportunity to truly play with a coordinated team to be able to play Ranked. I don't have the internet at my house so I can't be online with any consistency. So I have a very similar experience to yours. Thanks mostly to circumstances beyond my control I have to play Quick, because it's only possible to be a competitive, carry-the-team "lone wolf" (except that I always use my headset and try to work as a team, even with randoms) in Quick. Ranked is all about running stacked, and I've never really had the opportunity to run with a serious, like-minded, constant-call-out making team that "runs strats." I mean, I play with friends from time to time, some of whom are very good at the game, but that's different. And what happened to Mugen 828? He's never on anymore.
    Last edited by I Love U Jesus; 11-06-2011 at 04:56 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DV Bones

Sounds like the right reasons to switch.
    DigitalViolence.net - Gears and Gaming Community for Grown-ups

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Scythe NL

Quote Originally Posted by duckmouth View Post
    I play quick matches because I have maybe half an hour to an hour per gaming session (wife and child, university). I want as many matches as I can in the time I have to play, and I want to be able to drop out as and when required (child crying, wife whingeing). The people who rag on quick matches are the kids who come home from school, switch the xbox on and play until bedtime, or single people, or unemployed folk.
    +10.

This is 100% true and the exact same reason I play Quick. Except the University part, I'm done there :P
    I am the one in ten, a number on a list,
    I am the one in ten, even though I don't exist.
    Nobody knows me, but I'm always there,
    a statistic, a reminder, of a world that doesn't care...

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DenyThisFlesh

I prefer quick match too. Jumping right into games is good and I seem to get better connections in QM too.
    Thank you to Gear1987 for my Savage Grenadier Elite!
    Thank you to IBLEEDgears for the Jungle Tai!
    Thank you to Gears_Of_Law for the Judgment Team Metal code!
    Thank you to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!
    Proud father as of 10:54pm(central time) on 7/27/2010