Exclamation I got banned what now?

Dear, Epic

Okay heres the deal i got banned on my main account not gonna say it was for no reason but is there anyway i could just be reset and get a slap on a wrist it was my first offence not like i did it everyday umm... i dont know what else
    to say other than im sorry and i hope i could get some help or leeway for my actions i understand i should not tampered with the game but im banned now and why waste 60$ on a game i love all im asking is that if i can get reset it will be
    amazing ill learn from my mistakes not like ima be doing it all over again i do not want to risk it all again i know ima get some negative comments but just be chill this is my first forum post and i dont need allot of negativity this is my first and only offence on xbox live

Thanks, A very sorry gears player
    Gt- FLG oiKlutch

Ps, i know this might not have justified my actions
    but i hope epic can have a heart.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

EPIC have a one strike policy unfortunately. Only thing you can do is make a new account to play </3
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

MSgt. Shooter Person

I have no clue, but at least you didn't pull out the "I was away and my little brother logged onto my account". Tip of the hat to you.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mattdare299

If you tamper with a game you a violating the contract that comes with it.
    You are also breaking the xbox live rules.
    So unfortunately, no, they will not give you your $60 back since you broke the contract.
    The Contract is usually found in the Game manual found either in the game case or at a given link for virtual downloads

MSgt. Shooter Person

what did you do to get banned?

might give others the option not to do it or stop doing it. people can learn from other poeples mistake. getting banned is a big reason not to do certain things.
    my youtube channel
    Characters of Choice
    COG: A. Carmine
    Lucust: Grenadier

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: radamanthyspl

Quote Originally Posted by bendermacV2 View Post

might give others the option not to do it or stop doing it. people can learn from other poeples mistake. getting banned is a big reason not to do certain things.
    Glitch, mod or hack and you're good to go.
    I removed my signature just cause I could.

Quote Originally Posted by bendermacV2 View Post

nah i doubt there will be any other options cause i modded characters thinking it will be okay hopefully epic will just reset me hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Mattdare299 View Post
    If you tamper with a game you a violating the contract that comes with it.
    You are also breaking the xbox live rules.
    So unfortunately, no, they will not give you your $60 back since you broke the contract.
    The Contract is usually found in the Game manual found either in the game case or at a given link for virtual downloads
    I wasn't asking for my 60$ back i was saying why waste 60$ with one strike? it was my first offence and idk what to do and i really dont wanna make a new account just to play one game but i love it so much i just might do that

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: radamanthyspl

Quote Originally Posted by maddogtheman View Post
    nah i doubt there will be any other options cause i modded characters thinking it will be okay hopefully epic will just reset me hopefully
    Saying sorry won't do a thing, kid. Start anew.
    I removed my signature just cause I could.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll ALEX76 ll

I wasn't asking for my 60$ back i was saying why waste 60$ with one strike? it was my first offence and idk what to do and i really dont wanna make a new account just to play one game but i love it so much i just might do that
    You love it so much that You have to cheat ?
    Getting old

Quote Originally Posted by ll ALEX76 ll View Post
    You love it so much that You have to cheat ?
    hey i liked the new characters i took a swing thought i could get away with it and failed eh what can i say honestly cant change the past and 68 level down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthyspl View Post
    Saying sorry won't do a thing, kid. Start anew.
    may not do anything but atleast epic will no that people do learn from mistakes and hopefully will have a heart to give another chance

may not do anything but atleast epic will no that people do learn from mistakes and hopefully will have a heart to give another chance
    If Epic "forgive" you about this subject, then every other banned people -glitchers, lagswitchers, etc etc- will ask them for forgiveness, and what will be the argument? "I'm sorry I learned from my mistake"?.

There are rules and punishment for a reason, and if you cheated for something so little as a character, the you maybe could cheat for something "bigger"

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SeniorDaddio63

Cheats and hacks who get caught should be allowed to play, but only with pistols that do 50% damage and they take 200% damage. Oh and maybe they have an icon that says, "Dooshbag."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 1 2 b a Smurf

Just start with a new Gamertag. Epic probaly won't unban you because you modded their game.
    At least they didn't have you console banned.
    Anya / Myrrah
    Complete Chrome Weapon set

Banned

It's terms of service. My very very old acct got banned because I read up on how to hex edit your avatar skin color and I made it pure black. Needless to say that acct got banned until 12-31-9999. Innocent mod, doesn't hurt anyone or do ANYTHING to anyones experience on Xbox or its games - but it is ban worthy. Thankfully only tried it on a profile that had a free 1mth Gold.
    So modding a game to give yourself characters others have to earn, medals others have to earn, or playing as characters that are impossible to earn yet (Onyx Guard, Bernie, Big Rig Dizzy) - yeah it's worthy of a permanent ban.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brendson

Oh look, another moron who agreed to the Code of Coduct and terms of use without actually knowing anything about them, now asking to be unbanned!
    And how have you not noticed this. You learning from your mistake, can only happen when you stay banned. That's kind of the meaning.
    Brendson - GamerTag
    When was the last time you made a backup?
    Care for the community.
    Re-up 2 Level 42
    My YouTube

MSgt. Shooter Person

Good to see Epic is banning people. People who cheat or hack and ruin the GOW experience for everyone else should be curb stomped by Marcus. J/K

Banned

If you got banned, it was for a good reason. I show NO mercy to hackers/cheaters/modders/glitchers. You deserve to be banned, and it will stay that way. Maybe in the future you can remember this time, and learn from this, and not cheat.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: the lagrew

i still don't get this. why cheat and get something you didn't earn legit?? I am very proud of hard achievements etc.. because it took a long time for me. hell i'm still working every year or so on my mile high achievement...(i know lame, but when i get it i will certainly feel good about it)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by lagrew View Post
    i still don't get this. why cheat and get something you didn't earn legit?? I am very proud of hard achievements etc.. because it took a long time for me. hell i'm still working every year or so on my mile high achievement...(i know lame, but when i get it i will certainly feel good about it)
    because in todays society of entitlement,stupidity and laziness,many people always want the easy option,and dont want to put any work into achieving something of worth if theres a quick and effort-free way to get it.

thus missing the whole point-satisfaction in a job well done,and personal pride in a goal reached.

unfortunately there will always be idiots.i like to see every cheat,glitcher etc console banned for life.might teach them a valuable life lesson.

MSgt. Shooter Person

There's a certain borderline though, you know he paid his money for the game, but if he uses it to minor stuff like cheating in singleplayer or changing avatar, why should it be punished? I hope it isn't punished. I don't even have console because I can't afford it. But why ban someone from being able to start a game or something like that? It's ridiculous. If he cheated online and used some hacks, then he should be banned from the servers where the offense came from. But the game? I think it's a bit too much in my opinion.
    I used to grow up being online in games like Unreal and I tell you, the hackers and cheaters were much more threatening than this and it got even further than DoS attacks. Yet they were not banned globally, only word spread out but some decided to not ban them anyway and they are free to do so unless they do the same **** in their servers. But I think it should serve as a warning to not turn it into dictatorship and maybe it was already crossed.
    You see I ran my own servers as well in past and I had to deal with people who blocked paths, spread neonazi propaganda and threaten and insult others while also hacking the game, in fact the same person later made a mod which allowed him to tamper with other player files if they joined his server.
    If it worked on global scale and if gamespy would ban people from their games, then they would never play again around, but it did not happen. And yet those people would deserve it much more than someone just changing their avatar or cheating in SP. Where are we really? Has the paranoia clouded everyone's minds?

MSgt. Shooter Person

well its pretty simple-dont cheat,dont be an idiot,play the game as it was intended-and you wont get banned.

everyone knows what will happen if they cheat or manipulate,and if theyre dumb enough to do it anyway and get caught,then tough.

i have zero sympathy or tolerance for people who cant just play the game fair and square.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you let them get away with one thing then they will keep progressing with their hacks and cheats until they eventually get banned, better to ban them early before they cause problems for other players. Everyone agreed to the code of conduct agreement when they signed up to xbox live.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mztty

Don't mod or hack, you'll know next time.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, BUT GLITCHERS, MODDERS, HACKERS AND ALL OTHER MUST BE DEALT WITH SO THAT THE OTHER PLAYERS WHO DONT ABUSE THE GAME CAN STILL HAVE FUN WITHOUT THE DISTRACTION OF YOU.
    COG: Com Dom/Thrashball Cole/Big Rig Dizzy
    Locust: Sniper/Grenadier Elite/Savage Drone
    Thanks so much toIII LYCAN III for the Light Green Skin
    I only need Mechanic Baird, Adam Fenix, Savage Grenadier Elite, Savage Kantus,donations are welcome.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhizzilliO

There is a strict EULA (end-user licence agreement) that you agree to by using the Microsoft X-box Live service and you must abide to it.
    One less cheating piece of garbage !

MSgt. Shooter Person

lol you guys are really out of touch with reality and common sense.

Punishing someone for singleplayer cheats? Really? You all like that system? I can't imagine this happening with PC games and if it would it would be pretty much goodbye for me to these games.

As I said, if he violated something, ban him from server, but from game? C'mon now. Think about it, you know the system is BS. Besides one can even abuse it. This is another extreme opposite to cheaters and crackers.

Boomshot
    Inside the TARDIS, planning my next trip.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: UNDEAD MIKE 95

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    If you got banned, it was for a good reason. I show NO mercy to hackers/cheaters/modders/glitchers. You deserve to be banned, and it will stay that way. Maybe in the future you can remember this time, and learn from this, and not cheat.
    Agreed. Someone who truly loves and apreciates the game doesn't even begin to think about hacking it. Your actions have proven to Epic and to the Gears community that you do not respect them or are proud to be a part of it. Well done! (sarcasm)

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Leo(T.C.K.) View Post
    lol you guys are really out of touch with reality and common sense.

Punishing someone for singleplayer cheats? Really? You all like that system? I can't imagine this happening with PC games and if it would it would be pretty much goodbye for me to these games.
    Indeed. I learned to program when I was 14 years old because I sucked at games. It was easier to crack them than to reach the final levels . I loved it and actually that made me choose computer science and a successful job a few years later.

Even an year ago I used a program to give infinite sun on Plants and Zombies in order to test a few strategies, and then restarted without cheat. The justifications on why I do so: 1) it's not done at the expense of anyone; 2) because I can

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GLOBAL SHARK

Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post
    well its pretty simple-dont cheat,dont be an idiot,play the game as it was intended-and you wont get banned.

everyone knows what will happen if they cheat or manipulate,and if theyre dumb enough to do it anyway and get caught,then tough.

i have zero sympathy or tolerance for people who cant just play the game fair and square.

Totally Agree
    Semper Fidelis - USMC

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

Try reading the terms of service next time.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

Quote Originally Posted by Shocking View Post

You should be thanking some of the people that all but refused to play a game "as intended"
    Here's some examples of what happens when people don't "play the game as it was intended": CounterStrike, Killing Floor, every single mod that became commercial via modifications to the Quake/Unreal/Source engines
    And let's not forget the modders/mappers/etc that got jobs in the game industry for not playing a game "as intended"

Quote Originally Posted by Eviel Khon View Post
    There are rules and punishment for a reason, and if you cheated for something so little as a character, the you maybe could cheat for something "bigger"
    Did you ever shoplift something in your life? Candybar or pack of gum when you were a kid? Did you ever blow something up with fireworks?
    If so, then we better throw you in jail now because maybe you could end up doing something "bigger" like knocking off a bank or blowing up a bus full of people
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    If you let them get away with one thing then they will keep progressing with their hacks and cheats until they eventually get banned, better to ban them early before they cause problems for other players.
    I point you to my comments to Eviel
    =+= Custom Crosshair Tutorial is back up! Now hosted by AngelMapper =+=
    -+{ K-Aus ModDB }+-
    -=(Chaotic Dreams)=-

Quote fuegerstef: "When I grow old and my eyes are becoming really, really bad I might add UTComp to it(UT2004)."

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Kyllian View Post
    You should be thanking some of the people that all but refused to play a game "as intended"
    Here's some examples of what happens when people don't "play the game as it was intended": CounterStrike, Killing Floor, every single mod that became commercial via modifications to the Quake/Unreal/Source engines
    And let's not forget the modders/mappers/etc that got jobs in the game industry for not playing a game "as intended"
    im not talking about "a" game,or the history of games,im talking about this game.its got very clear rules.

whether you think its a bad thing or not,the fact is-you mess around with this game and get caught,you get banned...everyone knows this...yet people still do it,then whinge when they're banned.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Its definitely good to see. I've started noting every player i see with modded characters and weapons and then i report them directly to flak or joe. Hopefully, others are doing the same because its a great way to get rid of the cheaters.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Dear, Epic

Okay heres the deal i got banned on my main account not gonna say it was for no reason but is there anyway i could just be reset and get a slap on a wrist it was my first offence not like i did it everyday umm... i dont know what else
    to say other than im sorry and i hope i could get some help or leeway for my actions i understand i should not tampered with the game but im banned now and why waste 60$ on a game i love all im asking is that if i can get reset it will be
    amazing ill learn from my mistakes not like ima be doing it all over again i do not want to risk it all again i know ima get some negative comments but just be chill this is my first forum post and i dont need allot of negativity this is my first and only offence on xbox live

Thanks, A very sorry gears player
    Gt- FLG oiKlutch

Ps, i know this might not have justified my actions
    but i hope epic can have a heart.
    Don't cheat and you would not have wasted 60$, you got what you deserved. I am very glad Epic is cracking down on people.

Ouijabored

You are only sorry because you got CAUGHT!

Were you sorry for doing it the day before you got caught? I think I know the answer to that one.

Live and learn my friend.