Thread: update error

Default update error

Just decided to reinstall bulletstorm and it forces me to update, so I go through with it then after a bit it says to exit the game to continue the update so I exit the game then the update starts up again then an error pops up and the update crashes, it says that for details look in a particular log file so I do and the details are below.

Launching Title Update: "C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\45410935\Content\Setu p.exe" /selflaunch /p 1468
    Launching: C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\45410935\Content\Titl eUpdate.msi ACTION=INSTALL REINSTALLMODE=amus LAUNCHEDVIASETUP=1 APPLICATIONROOTDIRECTORY="C:\Program Files\EA\Bulletstorm" TRANSFORMS=:Instance1 MSINEWINSTANCE=1
    Error installing MSI at C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\45410935\Content\Titl eUpdate.msi HR:0x80070667

Ive tried asking the ea support but they seem to be ignoring me as its been 48 hours since they said they would respond in 24 hours, so does anyone have a clue?

I have the exact same problem, after reinstalling Bulletstorm won┤t update.
    I was waiting for 3 weeks on an answer from EA support when they wrote an excuse and requested me to put my question again under another e-mail adress.
    Now it seems EA doesn┤t even support Bulletstorm anymore, at least it┤s not on their list of supported titles, so I┤ve no possibility to contact them concerning Bulletstorm
    If anyone has a solution to this problem (autoupdate doesn┤t work) please post it here.

Default help me please!

(PLEASE HELP A FELLOW GEARS AND BULLETSTORM HEAD)
    HOW DO I MAKE A NEW THREAD, ITS KILLING ME, I WANT TO MAKE A NEW POLL SURVEY BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE THE NEW THREAD CLICK IS.
    IF SOMEONE DOES HELP ME, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND JUST DON'T SAY "CLICK ON NEW THREAD" BECAUSE I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO FIND IT, SORRY! BUT THE LAYOUT OF THESE FORUMS SUCK!

Wtf thread hijackin...
    plz some mod get this sorted

(btw there┤s a red button at top left of page (push me written all over it) to start a new thread (you┤ve gotta be logged in oc))
    Last edited by @ST; 10-26-2011 at 09:26 AM.

God King

And there's also one on the lower left. Here's a direct link to create a thread in the PC subforum.

Now back to topic.
    I'm not sure whether it's what it looks like.
    [...]Error installing MSI at[...]
    Maybe you don't have the latest drivers for a msi hardware component or had driver or hardware change since last time? A stupid idea, but maybe the Bulletstorm update doesn't work properly with special msi drivers or components?

Sorry if I'm not much of a help, but sometimes stupid ideas might lead to the solution.
    A huge fan of the entire Unreal franchise and Bulletstorm.
    UT2004 tips thread; UT3 tips thread; remastered UC weapon textures (UCBP for UT2004, still WIP), CTF-FacingWorlds99 (UT2004; final in the making); AS-Overlord (UT2004, Beta4); DM-Crane (UT2004, Beta1 - currently unavailable); CTF-BattleOnSlysBlockForts (UT2004, Final, made on request); DM-Morbias (UT2004, new link tba);

S l y .

Ty,
    I think I┤ll try reinstalling GfWlive when I feel up to it (playin Rage and BF3 atm ).
    I┤ll be back

Hmm might be worth trying an older graphics driver. Thanks. Oh and @ST at least you got a reply from ea I'm still waiting for this reply they promised would take 24 hours. Though that might be cos of the update I sent where I told them what a waste of space I think of them and how they lowered my already low opinion of them.