View Poll Results: Freezing Profile Poll: Did you play before downloading the title update?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 45.83%
  • No

117 54.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NinjaGrrLx

Last night after downloading the update, I was able to play. But this evening went I went to play, EVERYTIME I was prompted to press start to load my profile, it froze. I tried clearing my cache and redownloading it, it did the same thing!!! WTH?? Is there something I can try to get this fixed, even though I've been playing Skryim I still need my GEARRRRRRS!!!

And I'm not sure what you mean by Playing before the title update...before it was released that day or previous to the release.

So I tested something out, I moved my saved game to a memory card. And it put me into a lobby. Moved my original back to my HD and it froze. It has to be something with this update. Please Please Please Please get working on a fix for this. I love Gears but I have other games in my life!!

here is a link of what i see when trying to load my profile:
    http://youtu.be/7-WXDqgd5rU
    Last edited by Ninjagrrl82; 11-18-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    GoW 3: LvL 85 after being reset from 100
    Characters:Sam/Myrrah
    Weapons: Gnasher/Lancer
    Skins: Deadly CUTE!

Big thanks to GD01 and FredFlinstoned for helping me get my medal progression back!

I played the campaign and then downloaded the update. Ive downloaded two updates since but still freeze just after the press start screen when it tries to load my profile information. Glad i spent ú40 on a game that doesn't work. I can't even take it back to the store and exchange it because they think ive messed the disk up.

I downloaded the update and playing on multiplayer the same day and it works perfectly. But two days after when i want to play again at gears 3, i can't because, it freezes on firstscreen when i have to press start. I have the same problem as ninjagrrl82.
    Please do something quick ti resolve this problem! I want to play gears of war 3!!!!

I had the same problem as ninjagrrl82 and holloween after i downloaded the update. all you guys need to do is go to xbox settings>memory>games>gears of war 3>player data, then delete it. don't worry, this doesn't delete any of your unlockables or stuff like that. then start the game and it should be working

Banned
    on sera,looking for my locust sibling's after the neutron bomb i'm one of the few locust that lived

I like pie

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VERDUGO501S

my profile still freezes thru my profile but when i choose to load the game thru the cloud memory it loads up perfectly but has trouble looking for versus matches

MSgt. Shooter Person

I played it on the first day of release in Australia. Don't know if that was before or after the title update.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AutoPsychotic

Played before and after (from day of release).

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mappleg13

I got the season pass on my profile downloaded horde and maps packs and now my raams shadow will not download and now for some strange reason my profile wont read any of my gears stuff What do i do

Default Rank Reset

Is Epic doing anything about peoples ranks getting reset!? I was a lvl 100 and got reset a week before the re up thinly came out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjagrrl82 View Post
    Last night after downloading the update, I was able to play. But this evening went I went to play, EVERYTIME I was prompted to press start to load my profile, it froze. I tried clearing my cache and redownloading it, it did the same thing!!! WTH?? Is there something I can try to get this fixed, even though I've been playing Skryim I still need my GEARRRRRRS!!!

And I'm not sure what you mean by Playing before the title update...before it was released that day or previous to the release.

So I tested something out, I moved my saved game to a memory card. And it put me into a lobby. Moved my original back to my HD and it froze. It has to be something with this update. Please Please Please Please get working on a fix for this. I love Gears but I have other games in my life!!

here is a link of what i see when trying to load my profile:
    http://youtu.be/7-WXDqgd5rU
    I am having this EXACT same problem. I've tried everything and I'm about to give up and go /wrists... Please help.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ELMER PHUD

Mine froze when loading a quick match for the first time when I turned on game during 12days of gearsmas, only happened on the special events, if I fired up gears and went right to the event. Two or three times then it was fine, happened 3 days in a row. I did different things to reset. Turned off a few times and other times I ejected disc. I never had a profile issue though, never have on any of the gears.
    Thank You So MUCH > II EVOL ONE II < For My NEW DashBoard

mine froze to see this video that i made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmaR...e_gdata_player

After i finished playing a ranked game my xbox overheated and when i got back online my rank was reset along with my ribbons and medals! I have points on the leader boards though.......is there anyway epic can make us all 100 again????? This is not acceptable epic!

MY GT IS N2D Prophecy please make my rank go back to lvl 100!

Default freezing

I downloaded all the updates before playing, I haven't been able to play gears with my main profile in weeks. It will just freeze at the loading screen but it'll let me play with a different xbox account.

i'm having this exact same problem

i'm having this exact same problem ▓

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D4xSavag3xT1gr3

What I find annoying is that it is telling me that I haven't beat Campaign, Horde, and Beast on Insane. All my ribbons, medals, mutators, and executions are all gone!! Yet under Achievements I have them unlocked, in Campaign on Arcade I have the Insane and 4 player icon on each Act and as for Beast I have the "Cog Killer" title and medal next to my name. My leaderboard is still there and all the points. and it shows that I did Beast on Insane.

And then all my horde fortifications have all reset (I was close to maxing them all out I just needed 3 more!) and it shows under Achievements that I have fully upgraded my command center and yet I don't have a command center anymore...I had my Silverback upgrade close to level 3!! That took forever to do!!

Cool soloution to game freezing

If you feel like risking all your progress in the game as in your medals ribbons unlocks rank etc. Etc. You can do this and fix it it really works. Go to system settings then memory or storage once there find your gears of war game, open it and scroll down to where it says player data with your gamertag on it and delete it. You can now play the game again as if it has never been played before! Enjoy hope it works its a gamble but u can play again. As a lowly lvl 1 haha but your stats do stay in multiplayer.

MSgt. Shooter Person

so if it freezes will you be reset?

i played before

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mistwalker45

i downloaded the 1st TU and the game worked fine but a couple of weeks after the release of gears 3 i had to install the title update and the game froze on the beginning of act 4 in the campaign which was really annoying so i had to restart my xbox, then it solved the issue.
    thanks to Evol for my awesome Dashboard background

Once a Gamer Always a Gamer (^_^)
    Games Designer/Achievement hunter

Gears 3 over gears J any day.

every time you fail on any gears game its known as a Don Mattrick xD

Seriously 3.0 achieved 3/11/12

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 3080

Gears of war 3 has major issues. It freezes all the time. I cleared the cache memory on the hard drive, deleted the profile ( it was not corrupt ), I already sent my Xbox 360 Slime 250 GB for repair and it was replaced because no issue was found with it and I send the hard drive as well and that was replaced. The issue keeps happening! Plus yesterday, My Profile, stats, and unlocks have reset! I lost everything! I was on the phone with X-box Support and for 1 hour and 29 mins getting bounced from department to department. From Live support, networking/servers, hardware, and finally software/games support, and the lady told me sorry looks like we have done everything we can do for you!, here is the number to Epic games 919-854-0070. So, I called and the automated message said press 2 for game support and then it tells you that they don't support the games and to contact the publisher for Gears of war go to www.microsoft.com/games and that took me back to the beginning and http://www.xbox.com
    So, Way should I buy Gears of War: Judgment ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123