Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: chrisjp26

seems very strange to have swapped out the mortar and hod from overpass, they were definitely weapons of choice to retake the top. The changes to sandbar are good, but it was the map where the oneshot was the most useful. The other thing i would like to see is the longshots cycled with the torques.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: arCtiC zYn

I really want to see Checkout/Mercy/Drydock changed. Checkout's Mulcher is relatively useless, I would prefer to see Digger and/or preferably sniper at Photo. Mercy would be better if either the Boomshot/Digger was in the middle of the map (keeping the same swaps) or a sniper was placed at the Balcony in place of the two heavy weapons. The heavy weapons on Drydock are kind of ineffective as well, but there are multiple issues with Drydock.

One side has ink (almost a guaranteed kill), while the other side has Scorcher (not a guaranteed kill). Better players tend to heavily smoke the Torque/Longshot which I think should be placed in the middle for grenades to see how it plays out (using the same swaps). I haven't seen a viable solution to the swaps with Power Weapons placed on opposite sides (the games tend to be campy). Old Town, Hotel, and Gridlock are solid.
    El Capitan Team AmazYn
    My Blog: www.reflectzyn.com
    My Youtube: www.youtube.com/arcticvbi
    Hit me up on Twitter!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mackey81

Good write up. I was able to tell last night when I was not on the servers because sometimes the change was there, other times not. More often not though.

I think the scorcher is useless. You have to be right on them for it to be effective IMO. I think the scorcher is good on smaller maps but more open, larger maps I dont t hink it should be int he maps.

Overpass:
    Mortar > Boomshot
    Hammer of Dawn > Torque Bow

Issue with overpass is the setup, not the weapons. Also, spawn issues on this map are crazy bad on KOTH and TDM. I think the hammer was fine on it. Mortar needed to change though because you just get lancered down when you use it right away. There is no cover to use it.

Sandbar:
    Digger > Scorcher
    Boomshot > Scorcher
    Oneshot > Boomshot

Scorcher should of never been placed on this map. Its way too big. There is nothing to counter the snipers... IMO, the digger helped with that.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pedder Cheese

So we only have HoD on one map? Wish they put it on maps like thrashball instead of the torque bow
    "Don't worry I'm right behind you!"\\★//"All fixed. Thanks to me. Your welcome."
    Big thanks to STILRZBOY for the Jungle Tai

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dibils

awesome thread

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by arCtyC View Post
    I really want to see Checkout/Mercy/Drydock changed. Checkout's Mulcher is relatively useless, I would prefer to see Digger and/or preferably sniper at Photo. Mercy would be better if either the Boomshot/Digger was in the middle of the map (keeping the same swaps) or a sniper was placed at the Balcony in place of the two heavy weapons. The heavy weapons on Drydock are kind of ineffective as well, but there are multiple issues with Drydock.

One side has ink (almost a guaranteed kill), while the other side has Scorcher (not a guaranteed kill). Better players tend to heavily smoke the Torque/Longshot which I think should be placed in the middle for grenades to see how it plays out (using the same swaps). I haven't seen a viable solution to the swaps with Power Weapons placed on opposite sides (the games tend to be campy). Old Town, Hotel, and Gridlock are solid.
    I'll agree on the imbalance of the Scorcher/Ink spawns, and the others I can see your point, I haven't given the map a lot of thought to be honest, which I should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey81 View Post
    Good write up. I was able to tell last night when I was not on the servers because sometimes the change was there, other times not. More often not though.

I think the scorcher is useless. You have to be right on them for it to be effective IMO. I think the scorcher is good on smaller maps but more open, larger maps I dont t hink it should be int he maps.

Overpass:
    Mortar > Boomshot
    Hammer of Dawn > Torque Bow

Issue with overpass is the setup, not the weapons. Also, spawn issues on this map are crazy bad on KOTH and TDM. I think the hammer was fine on it. Mortar needed to change though because you just get lancered down when you use it right away. There is no cover to use it.

Sandbar:
    Digger > Scorcher
    Boomshot > Scorcher
    Oneshot > Boomshot

Scorcher should of never been placed on this map. Its way too big. There is nothing to counter the snipers... IMO, the digger helped with that.
    The idea was to give the people going to the pinacle a single advantage, and that is the height of the position itself. Team Lancer/Hammerburst fire can easily counter anything the other team think of from that vantage point. Boomshot and Digger just gave the position a little too much strategic value.

Quote Originally Posted by captain ped View Post
    So we only have HoD on one map? Wish they put it on maps like thrashball instead of the torque bow
    HoD on Thrashball wouldn't work. Either A. The partial roof would render it useless, or B. People would take it into skybox and control the entire map with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkishGears View Post
    awesome thread
    Thanks! I tried

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Coleyman07

I quite like these changes. Although now the Hammer of Dawn isn't on any of the maps.

Palace Guard

I didn't know they were changing the XP progression as well...it's a little late than never though, don't you think? I mean...I enjoy leveling up but I'm already at level 70 and there are a number of people who have already maxed out. I'd honestly like to see a TU that gives people with a chance to work towards "better" wings. Something like...

Leveling up until lvl 100 is your number
    Level 100 is the current wings
    Get enough XP to reach 100 again, you get blood stained wings
    Get enough XP to reach 100 AGAIN, you get...I dunno, the crimson omen
    Then you get an infected omen
    Then you get an Embry Star (yes I know you already get that for reaching 30 onyx medals, this is just an example)
    Then you get Gold wings
    Then you get Onyx wings

Something like that. Something I can work toward almost as long as I'm working towards Seriously 3.0
    WE EAT TONIGHT!
    I preach civility on the forums and do my best to maintain and advance discussions that are as informative as they are polite.

\\*//::HIGH FIVE:: ::CHEST BUMP:: ::ASS SLAP::\\*//

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NickKrause

Quote Originally Posted by HounDOOM View Post
    No it's not. It's just a bad weapon. What can it do that the Retro Lancer, a weapon you spawn with, can't do better?
    it can down multiple opponents at the same time very quickly, it's actually a beast of weapon in this game
    Check out my youtube for Gears of War content
    http://www.youtube.com/mrshwolive
    Twitter: @realNickKrause
    Can't please everyone so i stick to the truth

ew boomshot on overpass. ew? and i had no idea that xp ratios were higher in ranked.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yup play yesterday on sandbar was about to annihilate some fools with the digger. When I find out its a dam scorcher 1 second later I get s/o.

Redeemer

I played several matches on Overpass today. Half of them were with Mortar/Hammer, half of them were with Boomshot/Torque.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JcApocalypse

thanks for the update!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncanny Madman

Overpass was one of the few maps that Mortar was actually useful for, especially on KoTH...why has it been removed?! HoD was pretty good on it too...why put the generic Boomshot / Torque in their place?

I'm glad Sandbar isn't so totally focused on the high ground now but it's a bit boring having Scorcher both rounds...it should be Digger on the second round to change up which end of the map has the best weapon spawn each round...
    Fun > Winning > K/D
    Come on baby, do the Locust-Motion!

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Madman View Post
    Overpass was one of the few maps that Mortar was actually useful for, especially on KoTH...why has it been removed?! HoD was pretty good on it too...why put the generic Boomshot / Torque in their place?

I'm glad Sandbar isn't so totally focused on the high ground now but it's a bit boring having Scorcher both rounds...it should be Digger on the second round to change up which end of the map has the best weapon spawn each round...
    It kinda forces people to not rush up top to camp unless they want to sacrifice a very powerful weapon.

As for Sandbar, I like the new swaps. If you go pinnacle, all you get is a height advantage and a weapon to help hold that location. You don't get height and an overly powerful weapon.

Just my 2 cents

Seriously...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SQuirrel147

Quote Originally Posted by arCtyC View Post

Funny enough, this is exactly what I said last night lol. Minus the Dry Dock stuff. But I like the Dry Dock idea. Swap nades with Sniper/Torque. Over-all Dry Dock is not good for respawn gametypes. Exe/War is works great. however.
    ~ SQ ~

Yes I am looking forward to Judgment. But NOT because it's Gears.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mr killspree

Question

I was just on Sandbar 5 minutes ago and someone had the Digger round 2, and the Scorcher round 1??? Whats that all about?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C MAN 2117

Regarding the xp change, I don't understand why Ranked TDM has the highest xp output. Should be Wingman>Warzone>Execution>CTL>TDM>KOTH for xp gain.
    My Sig Complementary of saavedra20151:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2hgy2oy.jpg

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mastershoter

I ****ing love the new weapon swaps

Good job epic
    GEARS 3 FOR ME
    I <3 III LYCAN III AND Yosoypr
    JUDGMENT:ALEX AND ANYA W/ BRISK!!!(well before they were on the marketplace -___-)
    GEARS 3:everybody lol/raam and the queen
    Retro lancer is for losers. Ill keep it at that since i dont wont my sig removed

Banned
    Gamer IDs

yeah weapon swaps have made overpass somewhat bareable. you can actually take the grenade zones now in KOTH

Banned

After playing them a few times, the Sandbar changes are great and help to balance the map. The Overpass changes on the other hand actually make the map worse. The Mortar needs to stay. It's the only way to take out someone at the top.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TurkishGears View Post
    yeah weapon swaps have made overpass somewhat bareable. you can actually take the grenade zones now in KOTH
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    The Overpass changes on the other hand actually make the map worse. The Mortar needs to stay. It's the only way to take out someone at the top.
    lololol and this is the challange for the devs

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fatpaul1967

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel1978 View Post
    Can we get a sticky with all changes listed? Weapons Spawns , XP Change and SO patch ...... the boards are getting flooded with posts about the changes.
    Agreed, an official up to date changelog would be great
    Noob for over 10 years

Blademaster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheJamsh

I don't think sandbar should have twin scorchers up-top, that would kill it. It would be far more difficult to break into the 'fort' with somebody taking hold of a scorcher, especially with the insane stopping power and its ability to hit multiple people at once.

Sandbar IMO is great, although the OneShot isn't really an effective MP weapon. The laser is too obvious...
    I'm also known around here as TJ_MKII, so add 693 to my post count (:
    Lead FX & Technical Artist for 'The Somme' - An Unreal Engine 4 game for Windows PC
    ...And now programmer lol help

BROTHERS TO THE END

MSgt. Shooter Person

Digger should've stayed up top on Sandbar...Was actually worth grabbing but didn't completely lock down top control.

:/

Not a fan of Torque Bow being on Overpass...Sniper would've been more effective in fighting people camping up top with their lancers.
    Luck is a habit.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: El Jay2010

They need to change Thrashball's weapons. Put a sniper at the top where the smokes are. It's pointless to have a smoke there, and sniper would be perfect.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Brendover

Quote Originally Posted by C MAN 2117 View Post
    Regarding the xp change, I don't understand why Ranked TDM has the highest xp output. Should be Wingman>Warzone>Execution>CTL>TDM>KOTH for xp gain.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWood2010 View Post
    They need to change Thrashball's weapons. Put a sniper at the top where the smokes are. It's pointless to have a smoke there, and sniper would be perfect.
    Are you insane? The up top area is super strong already.
    GoW > GoW 3 > GoW J >= GoW 2

<3 Thanks to III LYCAN III for the Classic Hammerburst, Alex and Anya codes! You are the best! <3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: biRdy x LoCo

After playing a couple rounds on overpass the torque helped out a lot! but not so much with the boomshot.
    Bring Back KIM

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BattlestarFire

Overpass sucks, getting rid of any easy way to flush out a team at the top was a bad idea. Sandbar's change makes sense though, because now people fight on the beach too.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    I *think* they're using this thread as an official discussion for all intents and purposes, just from what I've seen on twitter.

I could be wrong though
    ^ This. Keep the feedback flowing in here. Also be sure to give feedback on what other maps you want changes on.
    Quinn DelHoyo
    Multiplayer Designer
    Epic Games

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

Still makes the map no better .
    Overpass
    Honestly its the worst Gears map across the 3 games.
    Just my view
    Great job on Sandbar makes the map fun to play on .

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: loweredfanatic8

I've not been able to play with this new swaps yet, and won't be able to until Sunday unfortunately - however i am sad to see the digger removed from Sandbar.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: craigums PSN ID: Craigums

Quote Originally Posted by Vivica View Post
    I've not been able to play with this new swaps yet, and won't be able to until Sunday unfortunately - however i am sad to see the digger removed from Sandbar.
    Same, I havent played on it yet, but I am super sad to see the Digger gone
    Hey look I updated this! The charity group I stream with @DedicatedServers our Twitch Channel my twitter is @Craigums
    PINK LANCERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Thicketford

On a related note. Has anyone esle noticed that you can't swap the boomshield in private matches? I can't see it in the weapon swap menu.
    *No longer playing Gears until we get a balance update*

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TUG31740

The HoD on Sandbar = bad idea. Open map + the oppoent controlling the top = total rape
    Veteran Gear
    GOWJ Info Thread HERE. If you grab any info, please PM me so I can update the OP when I can! (I won't be able to have my eyes in all the places )

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Madman Redux

I wonder how a mortar would work on Sandbar in place of the hammer of dawn. Seems like it would be great for clearing out the overlook area. If you could get it to the sides, it would be great for clearing out the area where the scorcher now spawns.

Banned

the only change I would like is replace some of the smoke grenade spawns
    I find it completely useless to have smokes as a pick up

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast