Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by I Cryptik I View Post
    I'm fine with Overpass. I think they should've kept the hammer and replaced mortar with boom.

Sandbar was fine. I loved it. Now I will hate Sandbar till they change it back.
    Ditto, sandbar will suck now. Also, I will miss mortar on Overpass, one of the only good ways of uprooting the upper team.
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doominated

Quote Originally Posted by the_suicide_fox View Post
    Since they took HoD off Overpass, I think it should swap with Mortar on Mercy. One Shot is just not good for that map.
    One shot's capable of killing people camping Digger/Boom, and can kill them when they're on cover because of height advantage. Makes for a good late-round weapon in non CTL/KOTH game modes.

Hammer would be a little ridiculous on Mercy though. The chapel type area has an open roof, so you could shoot in there from the oneshot/mortar spawn really easily. The only safe place on the map would be the Cellar.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I just think they should change the Scorcher to a Digger on Sandbar. Then it'll be good.

Veteran

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WaldoRtk7

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow47 View Post
    I like the changes they did to Overpass but I'm not really feeling the changes to Sandbar. Scorcher is one of the least powerful power weapons, it gives almost no incentive to push the top except the map control and the ability to mark and cross the other team. What can you do with a scorcher from up top? Boomshot seems like a pretty good idea down lown, cuz now there is actually a reason to push down low and control that part of the map but I honestly feel that maybe a digger up top both rounds would have been a better idea.
    Won't change anything Shadow though, Boom has no advantage on the map. If the team controls the middle of Overpass, then statistically the game is over. Adding any other power weapon to the top of Overpass would be insane because of the high side advantage over 80% of the map. It's the same argument from Fuel Station in Gears 2, you can give an actual power weapon onto a map position where you have total control of the map. Overpass needs a TU
    The Sons of Sera:
    The Ruins of D'lanor
    [ My Fan Fic ]

"People Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Their Governments,
    Governments Should Fear Their People!"

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shadow IBlade

Quote Originally Posted by WaldoRtk7 View Post
    Won't change anything Shadow though, Boom has no advantage on the map. If the team controls the middle of Overpass, then statistically the game is over. Adding any other power weapon to the top of Overpass would be insane because of the high side advantage over 80% of the map. It's the same argument from Fuel Station in Gears 2, you can give an actual power weapon onto a map position where you have total control of the map. Overpass needs a TU
    I was talking about SANDBAR not overpass
    A man who has nothing to die for is not fit to live

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

My personal opinion on the swaps;

Sandbar's swaps are very good. The rifles are incredibly strong as it is, so a top area with as much control as Sandbar offers is really good enough in of itself. I'm glad Epic's realizing that the Scorcher just flat out does not deserve the designation of a "power" weapon. Might make teams camp in the top area a little easier, but giving up 1, possibly 2 snipers, nades, and now a Boom/Hammer makes it a lot harder. Replacing One Shot with Boom definitely spreads out the map a bit more, which was desperately needed. The map still has a major design problem though with how the portion of the map between Nades and Hammer/Boom is flooded with water. That area NEEDS to be accessible for the map to function properly, especially with the newfound rush for Boomshot.

Overpass's new swaps are okay, but not great. I personally feel a Sniper would help teams combat top control much better than a Torque or Boom does, especially a Boomshot. It's tough to make a push on players with a height advantage when you have a Boomshot; Yes it's powerful, but it isn't easy to get the exact placement you'll need. The way the map's designed restricts the Boomshot user to take lucky long range shots, then wait on more ammo if he doesn't score any kills with it. A Sniper would not only allow players to take out players with top control, but also allows more creativity in coordinating teamwork than a Boomshot does. Torque is just decent on the map. Won't make any more of a difference than the 2 sets of frags would. I would personally take a Mortar over Torque on a map like Overpass.

I'm disappointed that Thrashball wasn't changed however. Since Epic seems to want to even out the imbalance Top Control can cause in this game, I was hoping they would swap the Torque/Digger spawn with the Boltok spawn. Taking out Torque/Digger and having top control makes any intelligent team nearly unbeatable. However, if the Boltok and Torque/Digger were to swap, shooting down the scoreboard would actually be beneficial to the team stationed down low, as they now have a bit more cover and can move across the middle of the map a bit easier. They'd also have access to nades and a power weapon, as opposed to nades and a Boltok.

Baby steps are always nice though. Would much rather see baby steps as opposed to exaggerated leaps.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xDeadPool 910x

I like the torque on overpass it could work. One think is now not one map in the game has Hammer of Dawn.

Wow forgot about sandbar
    Last edited by DeadPool79; 10-11-2011 at 09:10 PM.
    JJ

Banned

I really like the Sandbar changes. I haven't played them yet but Digger and Boomshot were way too strong in that top area. The Overpass changes sound interesting as well though I don't think it will change the dynamic of the map much.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KiNG Cupas 3o5

Trenches need to change motor to nades.
    GCON HOST
    GamerTag: KiNG Cupas 3o5
    twitter:@KiNGCupas3o5
    "VICTORY POSE"

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gorgon Freeman

so no more hammer of dawn??? awesome...
    Raczilla told me i'm the reason the world's so awesome... you jelly?
    Check out this YOUTUBE
    @GorgonFreeman
    The Boomshield's my thing
    Quote Originally Posted by COGSoldierBaird View Post
    on a scale of 1 to pretzel, how salty are you?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JIRAYTIO

Still over pass is still going to be my least favorite map even more now. WHY TORQUE BOW? WHY NOT A SNIPER?? Boomshot, is still going to promote camping who ever has it and keeps it with 1 extra shot.
    I don't know where you are. I don't know what playlist you play at. If you are looking for purchases in the marketplace, I can tell you I don't have Microsoft points. But what I do have are a very particular set of gamer skills; skills I have acquired over a very long gaming career. Skills that make me a nightmare for Reapers like you. If you let me find you now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thesuicidefox

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow47 View Post
    I like the changes they did to Overpass but I'm not really feeling the changes to Sandbar. Scorcher is one of the least powerful power weapons, it gives almost no incentive to push the top except the map control and the ability to mark and cross the other team. What can you do with a scorcher from up top? Boomshot seems like a pretty good idea down lown, cuz now there is actually a reason to push down low and control that part of the map but I honestly feel that maybe a digger up top both rounds would have been a better idea.
    Scorcher should outright kill you, then it would be a valuable pickup. That weapon is neglected quite often, and it is on 4 maps.
    -thesuicidefox-

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gorgon Freeman

the scorcher is very underrated
    Raczilla told me i'm the reason the world's so awesome... you jelly?
    Check out this YOUTUBE
    @GorgonFreeman
    The Boomshield's my thing
    Quote Originally Posted by COGSoldierBaird View Post
    on a scale of 1 to pretzel, how salty are you?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xSPx Fat Budz

Terrible swaps. You can still control the top of overpass vs the torque/ boomshot. The mortar was usefull on this map. The oneshot/ hammer on sandbar was useless as well. Should've been swapped for mortar to counter the top. Adding the scorcher to sandbar will just change people from running up to until after they have the boom. No improvements imho.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgon Freeman View Post
    the scorcher is very underrated
    No it's not. It's just a bad weapon. What can it do that the Retro Lancer, a weapon you spawn with, can't do better?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTuzkyx

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    Sandbar:
    Digger > Scorcher
    Boomshot > Scorcher
    Oneshot > Boomshot
    I prefer:

Digger > Torque Bow
    Boomshot > Torque Bow
    Oneshot > Boomshot

Seriously...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gnashes

Quote Originally Posted by Guman View Post
    I prefer:

Digger > Torque Bow
    Boomshot > Torque Bow
    Oneshot > Boomshot
    My problem with that is Torque with height advantage is a problem, as it makes getting close enough to use the Boomshot hard. Usually the team controlling pinnacle already has a sniper there, another long range one shot kill weapon would produce the same results as a Boomshot.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: clanbrad

So the Hammer of dawn gets no love?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II ST4RS II

ALSO, I believe that on Mercy, and Dry Docks, the boltok spawns on rounds 1&3 now, instead of the Gorgon.

But that might just be me.
    GOW3: K/D: 2.9 | W/L: 2.3 | LVL: 75 | Onyx: 4/65 | COG: Classic Baird/Dizzy/Sam | Locust: STG/Myrrah | Retro: Rainbow | Gnasher: LiquidGreen|

MSgt. Shooter Person

I want to see jacinto and blood drive in ranked matches .

and they can remove gridlock and sandbar .

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AHal PSN ID: adamh10

I like most of the changes, however I was a fan of the One Shot on Sandbar.

It's not a big deal with it gone, but it was fairly easy to counter with two sniper rifles on the map so it wasn't too overpowered. I liked it... particularly because it's not available on many maps and that was a great, open map for it where it is actually useful if you're quick with it.

I dunno, it really doesn't matter to me either way I suppose, and that's just my feedback/opinion.

Cheers
    Last edited by AHal; 10-11-2011 at 10:48 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTuzkyx

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashes View Post
    My problem with that is Torque with height advantage is a problem, as it makes getting close enough to use the Boomshot hard. Usually the team controlling pinnacle already has a sniper there, another long range one shot kill weapon would produce the same results as a Boomshot.
    Well, what about change one of the pistol for a sniper and one sniper for a pistol? Then you got Torque/Sniper on the top and Boom/Sniper on the bottom...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: normajean19

Sandbar is going to play out a lot differently with the boomshot spawning at the open area. No more stalemates in the top base! Can't wait to play it.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jacobah

Quote Originally Posted by HounDOOM View Post
    No it's not. It's just a bad weapon. What can it do that the Retro Lancer, a weapon you spawn with, can't do better?
    The Scorcher can do MAJOR damage, you just gotta use your brain a little with it. You get in their face with it and it's stopping power is the best of any weapon. Now if you get actives with it, you get the same stopping power and you can be 4 body lengths away. It's very underrated, and I like it that way. All the easier to surprise people when they're getting murdered by it. It's a beautiful Retro/DBS counter.
    The grass is green once again.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blest HR

I think this.

gridlock sniper = torque, boomshot round
    mercy oneshot = torque or sniper or mulcher, boomshot round
    Last edited by lBlest; 10-11-2011 at 11:05 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Commandant Oreo

why the HELL did they change the Boomshot and the Oneshot on Sandbar? What? The Oneshot was great for picking off people camping up in the fortress.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by normajean19 View Post
    Sandbar is going to play out a lot differently with the boomshot spawning at the open area. No more stalemates in the top base! Can't wait to play it.
    Agreed but can be counter from above on the cliff by lancering down

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Commandant Oreo View Post
    why the HELL did they change the Boomshot and the Oneshot on Sandbar? What? The Oneshot was great for picking off people camping up in the fortress.
    really because I always sniped the oneshot guy out there.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Its Abomination

I just finished a game at Overpass, and I still could see the Mortar and HoD there.
    Start, Up, A, A, Profit

GT: Its Abomination | Find me on Le Twitter | Member of the EGFC

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PeRK82

Should have put a TBOW in the middle of sandbar instead of a scorcher, Who even uses that anymore.

Plus on Overpass, ive been saying that map needs a sniper in it the whole time but hey a TBOW is better then nothing. I guess.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Commandant Oreo

Quote Originally Posted by lBlest View Post
    really because I always sniped the oneshot guy out there.
    You most likely can, but there's always that one idiot with the longshot that doesn't notice the red beam of death pointed at them.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C MAN 2117

Great changes so far, kind of concerned that only one map has HoD now, but honestly that's just for varieties sake.

I would've liked to see Boom/Digger get swapped positions with Nade/Incin on Mercy though, would've helped a lot with the camping problem. I personally think that Mortar/Oneshot should go in church, Boom/Digger in court, and Nade/Incin go on perch, but may would probably make Mortar/Oneshot feel useless.

Drydocks I feel needs permanent Ink swapped for scorch and *I think it's* Incin in spawn. Would be usefull to push up on fortified enemies when they have control, using the stuns.

Thrashball seems fine but maybe put oneshot for mulcher or some variation of top heavy swaps. Haven't really played Thrashball outside private wingman in retail, but I know that in beta the real problem was being afraid to push from high dps of mulcher or mortar rain.

All other maps seem fine as is to me.
    My Sig Complementary of saavedra20151:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2hgy2oy.jpg

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PeRK82

Quote Originally Posted by tiredgamer View Post
    So the Hammer of dawn gets no love?
    And the scorcher does, no one and i mean no one uses that thing, ever. I have yet to see someone in Oldtown use a scorcher. Implementing it into another map is not going to make people use it. I think they should have put a another snipe or T bow in the middle of sandbar.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Commandant Oreo View Post
    You most likely can, but there's always that one idiot with the longshot that doesn't notice the red beam of death pointed at them.
    I think they took it out because people couldn't really get kills with it. Since the second they seen it picked up they would wait to snipe him out. So it never got the chance to shot. As to the over guy about sniper on overpass they still could they could switch the scorcher out 1 round for the sniper but don't know how good it would be.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C MAN 2117

Quote Originally Posted by 82PeRK View Post
    And the scorcher does, no one and i mean no one uses that thing, ever. I have yet to see someone in Oldtown use a scorcher. Implementing it into another map is not going to make people use it. I think they should have put a another snipe or T bow in the middle of sandbar.
    The whole point was to make it less campy, I think a Torque would make it even more campy and another sniper would make it seem plain since it already has two. Scorcher is really a team weapon meant to disorientate your opponent or blind them with flames so your team can push or lancer down.
    My Sig Complementary of saavedra20151:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2hgy2oy.jpg

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

A torque bow would of been good there but would still be bit over pwering for the team who got top side.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

That's the whole point of putting a Scorcher there. It makes Top Control less desirable on Sandbar, spreading players around the map a little bit more.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast