MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DvFsandman

Default Number 1 Achievement is stupid

Honestly, it's the only real achievement i can get at the moment aside from seriously and socialite. It's just stupid having to do it 60 times. Why not 20! Why am i forced to boost for hours and be bored with my life!
    I would like to thank Flaktwo for naming me the winner in his LGS giveaway. He has made me quite the happy camper.

LVL 100 GEARS 2 LVL 100 GEARS 3

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO629

just play coop and tell your teammate to leave you all the kills/power weapons. someone posted on youtube a way to boost quickly to get max multiplier medal (play the barge battle after you rescue dizzy). just do the same strategy but man the turrets and take all the kills.

MSgt. Shooter Person

The quicker way is to play the prologue over and over with an unmanned second controller logged in. You can play on Insane and put on all the positive modifiers to boost your score a bit. You should be able to get about 30 ribbons an hour and about 30k/xp per hour this way. I just did this and got to 60 for the silver in about 2hrs 10min.

Be careful to tap that second controller every few minutes so it doesn't turn off cause then it won't count.

I think the average player gets about 5k/match with a TDM match taking about 10min. So it's about equivalent to multiplayer for most folks. So the positive is that you're not missing out leveling up while you do this. The negative is that it is insanely boring! The next checkpoint is 120 matches, so that's another 2 hours + to get to gold, and I'd imagine onyx will be double that.

All told you can knock out 2 onyx medals with this method (the other being play X number of Arcade chapters), and it will likely take you 2hrs to silver, 2.5hrs to gold, and 4hrs to onyx. So plan to grind these two out for 8hrs total...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CR0XLEY PSN ID: CrazyCroxley

yeah i did prologue boosting. just plugged the second controller into a play n charge kit, took FOREVER! but i did it,now im only missing both co-op achievements, socialite and seriously

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oh Pineapples

Quote Originally Posted by thehondaboy View Post
    The quicker way is to play the prologue over and over with an unmanned second controller logged in. You can play on Insane and put on all the positive modifiers to boost your score a bit. You should be able to get about 30 ribbons an hour and about 30k/xp per hour this way. I just did this and got to 60 for the silver in about 2hrs 10min.

Be careful to tap that second controller every few minutes so it doesn't turn off cause then it won't count.

I think the average player gets about 5k/match with a TDM match taking about 10min. So it's about equivalent to multiplayer for most folks. So the positive is that you're not missing out leveling up while you do this. The negative is that it is insanely boring! The next checkpoint is 120 matches, so that's another 2 hours + to get to gold, and I'd imagine onyx will be double that.

All told you can knock out 2 onyx medals with this method (the other being play X number of Arcade chapters), and it will likely take you 2hrs to silver, 2.5hrs to gold, and 4hrs to onyx. So plan to grind these two out for 8hrs total...
    Very good post man, +Rep.

/wishes there was a rep system on the forum.
    LOVE.
    ^Clicky for YouTube Channel <3

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xICooRsYIx

Quote Originally Posted by Claynaz101 View Post
    Honestly, it's the only real achievement i can get at the moment aside from seriously and socialite. It's just stupid having to do it 60 times. Why not 20! Why am i forced to boost for hours and be bored with my life!
    Your not really forced to boost. I mean im halfway there just by playing through the campaign a couple times on arcade. I still need the 4 player co-op achievement and i plan to do that in arcade mode on insane to onyx that medal. Hopefully i only need a few more after that!

-xICooRsYIx
    Last edited by xICooRsYIx; 10-12-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    My Gears of War Collection!!

My Youtube Channel
    Subscribe.Comment.Like.PLEASE!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OldDave1982

Quote Originally Posted by xICooRsYIx View Post
    I still need the 4 player co-op achievement and i plan to do that in arcade mode on insane to onyx that medal. Hopefully i only need a few more after that!

-xICooRsYIx
    good luck with insane 4player co-op on the queen
    Suffer unto the locusts
    Lambent Force #333
    if you shake my hand. you better count your fingers.
    Seriously 3.0 - 69.74%

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DvFsandman

I am doing the act 1 prologue boost. But it still takes so long. I got up to 32 and just couldn't do it anymore. They should've made the silver atleast 40 not 60
    I would like to thank Flaktwo for naming me the winner in his LGS giveaway. He has made me quite the happy camper.

LVL 100 GEARS 2 LVL 100 GEARS 3

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

I'm boosting Act 2 Chapter 7. 3 minutes a playthrough tops.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LT PUDIE 42x

3/4th of the medals are unrealistic without grinding/boosting/farming. Hopefully they tweak some down a tad, i thought Epic said this Seriously was realistic to obtain.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: carloshoopla18

Are you guys serious? I did it while playing with real people. If you like the arcade mode then it should be no problem getting this if your a half way decent player. Why boost when you can have fun mowing down locust. The whole point of achievements is to expand the length of the game, not get them all in 2 weeks and move on to the next game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronishen View Post
    The third barge kills me on this one. It just moves funny and I always miss it and then you miss getting the 10x multiplier. And that would be the only reason to do it on A2C7 because you could knock out Number 1, maintain 10x multiplier, and finish x number of chapters in arcade all at once.

I like your multi-tasking!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by carloshoopla View Post
    Are you guys serious? I did it while playing with real people. If you like the arcade mode then it should be no problem getting this if your a half way decent player. Why boost when you can have fun mowing down locust. The whole point of achievements is to expand the length of the game, not get them all in 2 weeks and move on to the next game.
    Incorrect summation. If you're a "half way decent player" then you will finish in the middle of the group rather than in 1st place which is where you need to finish for this achievement.

Additionally, if you played all the way through arcade campaign and finished in 1st place in every chapter, you'd only have 31 ribbons toward the medal. You'd have to repeat that 4 more times just to get to gold.

People aren't boosting what they enjoy, they are boosting what they don't enjoy. If you want to get all this crap in arcade because you love arcade, then that's cool, have at it.

I like multiplayer and I like horde. I won't boost any of the medals for those. I'll just get them as I play the game over the next year. But I don't care anything about these arcade and campaign medals. I'd just like to boost them and get them out of the way so I can concentrate on the fun stuff.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronishen View Post
    Check out the latest posts in this thread. We're always coming up with easier ways to get medals.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s-achievements
    That 3 minutes of 2-7? How does 5 seconds sound?

If anyone is going to boost, boost efficiently.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Holy crap!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: itsbulmer

Theres an easy boosting way early on in the game, if you found it and did it it would probably take 2 hours to onyx it.
    one day i'll get my \\★// and that day was 9/15/11
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778...7-06F30F66F7DA
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...P-skins-read-D
    Bring back process or w.e the one from the first gears is called. Have lambent raam tai and skorge walking around in the backround as a cool little easter egg!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazyOne View Post
    Check out the latest posts in this thread. We're always coming up with easier ways to get medals.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...s-achievements
    That 3 minutes of 2-7? How does 5 seconds sound?

If anyone is going to boost, boost efficiently.
    Guys, check out his link and read my slight modification to this which I think is on page 4. Doing this on insane will give 50k per run up the hill, 3 onyx medals in about 4 hours and about 475,000XP in the same time. Went from 48-63 in one night doing this and completed 3 onyx medals.

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kuronishen

Just saw the video, good find.
    [][] Anthony Carmine///Savage Kantus
    [-.-] Golden Gnasher///Flaming Hammerburst
    ["]["] QM KotH///QM TDM

Gears 2: \\★// 8/12/10, Seriously 2.0: 4/5/10
    Gears 3: \\★// 8/11/13, Seriously 3.0: 8/1/12

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Game650

I'm at like 44 #1s, I usually kill everything and I don't boost. I like arcade mode, plus there are some levels that are really easy and short, my favorite is Act 2 Ch. 2

so yeah I only need 16 more.