Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eurpapi

Quote Originally Posted by colesy View Post
    It appears as though my achievments and collectables are still there.. Just medals and other unlockables.
    I guess that means they are two completely separate glitches. It bugs me because I'm now going to have to get all the collectibles again, beat the game on insane again, and beat the game in 4 player co-op all over again. I like seeing everything 100% complete on my stats.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by nuper View Post
    I posted this on how to backup your files in case you get your rank reset, so if no one does it, sucks to be you:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...over-your-Rank...
    Thanks nuper, I'm going to add this to the main post as well.
    If you want a good laugh, then check out my twitter page of hilarious things my friend yells while raging at Gears of War.
    Be warned that he is a sick man, and you should only enter if you are 15+
    Replace the * with an i, since the forums won't let me type sh*t.
    twitter.com/Sh*tThatAzzSays

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by III LYCAN III View Post
    oh and thanks op for putting this up as without it i would have lost everything
    I'm really glad this thread helped you lll Lycan lll. I'll continue to bump it, in the hopes that as many people can avoid this problem as possible.
    If you want a good laugh, then check out my twitter page of hilarious things my friend yells while raging at Gears of War.

Iron Guard

I just updated the main post with the new info on how to backup your data. Thanks nuper!

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T0PP HATT

Quote Originally Posted by Thievius Sisko View Post
    I just updated the main post with the new info on how to backup your data. Thanks nuper!
    Your welcome, Thievius..
    That's a zero in my Gt: T0PP HATT Thank you Lycan for the code.
    Thank you Spout4 for the Baird, Thank you Kracker Kid for the Jungle Tai code. Thank you Cher for the Minecraft skin pack, Thank You Cher for the Mech Baird, Thank you Cher for my friends Avatar Lancer. Thank you Cher for the FON early acces code. Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer. Thank you Flak for my brothers "Code".
    Thank you Cher and Flak

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: T0PP HATT

Quote Originally Posted by Thievius Sisko View Post
    Your welcome, Thievius..
    That's a zero in my Gt: T0PP HATT Thank you Lycan for the code.
    Thank you Spout4 for the Baird, Thank you Kracker Kid for the Jungle Tai code. Thank you Cher for the Minecraft skin pack, Thank You Cher for the Mech Baird, Thank you Cher for my friends Avatar Lancer. Thank you Cher for the FON early acces code. Thank you Flak for the Avatar Lancer. Thank you Flak for my brothers "Code".
    Thank you Cher and Flak

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Joebeezer

Why aren't ranks saved onto the dedicatied servers? I would have thought this would have been a no brainer after the Gears 2 debacle.
    Thank you for your dedication on Gears 2. Please make Gears 3 a great game from the start.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FullDiamond

Yay for helpfulness and paragraphs!
    Can't stop the signal, Can't stop the signal going all over the' verse
    Thanks to Yosoypr for Jungle Tai, to NFI for Young Marcus, Lycan for Classic Hammy and Alex Brand, and to ToRcHiiNgNerDz for Neon
    (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻ Grandmaster Table Flipper
    Quote Originally Posted by injek View Post
    To be frank; "You can't argue with stupid people. They just drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SSgrasshopper

man this is a great guide going to do it now
    Thanks BRUTE for my green liquid skin you are a champion!
    Stay away from forum member sYnfuL who uses SinsaNe and N Sins on xbox live. They are cheats and scammers

\\★//

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Underp4ntz PSN ID: King-Chrizz

Thanks Epic should fix this!

Thanks for your post!
    Thank you themainman21 for the Anya Stroud Character DLC!
    Gears of War: Judgment Steelbook Edition[] Gears of War: Judgment Season Pass[] Deadly Cute Armor Skin[] Alexandra Brand[] Anya Stroud[]Young Marcus Fenix[] Young Dominic Santiago[]
    Classic Hammerburst[] Big Game Hunter Skin[] Thrasher Cole Train[] Adam Fenix[] Commando Dom[] Mechanic Baird[] Savage Kantus[]Savage Grenadier[] Gold Lancer[] Gold Retro Lancer[]
    Gold Hammerburst[] Flaming Pack[] Deadly Cute Pack[] Infected Omen Pack[] Green LiquidPack [] Gears of War 3 Limited Edition[] Gears of War 3 Epic Edition[] Gears of War 3 Season Pass[]
    Gears of War 3 LE Xbox 360 Controller[] Gears of War 3 LE Xbox 360 Console +2 Controllers[] Calibur11 Gears of War 3 Vault[] TRITTON Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 Surround Headset[]

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Underp4ntz PSN ID: King-Chrizz

Maybe stupid Question but.

and "play" 1 game of anything.

You mean just play 1 match. Or 1 match of each gametype, campaign n stuff?

Edit: My Saved Campaign = 1MB on HDD and 57KB on Memory stick......
    Last edited by Chrizz; 10-30-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Thank you themainman21 for the Anya Stroud Character DLC!
    Gears of War: Judgment Steelbook Edition[] Gears of War: Judgment Season Pass[] Deadly Cute Armor Skin[] Alexandra Brand[] Anya Stroud[]Young Marcus Fenix[] Young Dominic Santiago[]
    Classic Hammerburst[] Big Game Hunter Skin[] Thrasher Cole Train[] Adam Fenix[] Commando Dom[] Mechanic Baird[] Savage Kantus[]Savage Grenadier[] Gold Lancer[] Gold Retro Lancer[]
    Gold Hammerburst[] Flaming Pack[] Deadly Cute Pack[] Infected Omen Pack[] Green LiquidPack [] Gears of War 3 Limited Edition[] Gears of War 3 Epic Edition[] Gears of War 3 Season Pass[]
    Gears of War 3 LE Xbox 360 Controller[] Gears of War 3 LE Xbox 360 Console +2 Controllers[] Calibur11 Gears of War 3 Vault[] TRITTON Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 Surround Headset[]

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizz View Post
    Maybe stupid Question but.

and "play" 1 game of anything.

You mean just play 1 match. Or 1 match of each gametype, campaign n stuff?

Edit: My Saved Campaign = 1MB on HDD and 57KB on Memory stick......
    I started up a private warzone match with one minute rounds, and one round to win. At the end when you quit to the party lobby it says "updating stats" or something like that. Then you can be sure that all your data has been safely copied to the usb/memory card.

I didn't check for any size difference between my campaign saves on my hard drive and the backup I made on my memory card. Perhaps start up the campaign and see if your progress is what it should be.

Blademaster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheJamsh

This should certainly be stickied!
    I'm also known around here as TJ_MKII, so add 693 to my post count (:
    Lead FX & Technical Artist for 'The Somme' - An Unreal Engine 4 game for Windows PC
    ...And now programmer lol help

BROTHERS TO THE END

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Joebeezer View Post
    Why aren't ranks saved onto the dedicatied servers? I would have thought this would have been a no brainer after the Gears 2 debacle.
    I mentioned this a little at the bottom of the main post. Here it is if you missed it:

You might be thinking ôbut all your rank information is meant to be stored on the Microsoft serversö, and it IS. However, it is only BACKED UP to the Microsoft servers. The actual information is contained in your player data file. This means, if the player data file on your hard drive is glitched and resets to rank 1 and then you gain xp, or pass through certain loading screens, it overwrites your old file AND sends this new information to be stored on the severs AND WIPES OVER THE OLD INFORMATION THERE AS WELL. However, if you delete the glitched file straight away it reads the information directly from the servers and recreates the player data file for you on your drive containing all of your actual rank/unlocks. Similarly, if your data on the servers gets wiped but you have a backup of your player data file, your data on the servers will be restored once you start the game up using your backup data.

This is a pretty major glitch, since they didn't realise that the backup data on the servers could be wiped so easily.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pedder Cheese

Admin sticky this! EPIC announce this as a way of preventing reset until you actually get it sorted! This thread should be priority over all the rubbish on the forums right now.
    "Don't worry I'm right behind you!"\\★//"All fixed. Thanks to me. Your welcome."
    Big thanks to STILRZBOY for the Jungle Tai

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fixdswine

Quote Originally Posted by captain ped View Post
    Admin sticky this! EPIC announce this as a way of preventing reset until you actually get it sorted! This thread should be priority over all the rubbish on the forums right now.
    Should be stickied definitely, but doesn't this technically fit in the "GOW 3 Issues" forum? Maybe that is why it isn't stickied, but I can't see why Epic can't just move this thread, then sticky it.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Fixdswine View Post
    Should be stickied definitely, but doesn't this technically fit in the "GOW 3 Issues" forum? Maybe that is why it isn't stickied, but I can't see why Epic can't just move this thread, then sticky it.
    I put this thread in the main Gears of War 3 forum, as that is the one that most people visit. I wanted as many people to see and read this as possible in order for them to avoid accidentally being reset. If you put the thread in the Issues forum, people would only be reading it AFTER they have already been reset. Which is usually too late for them to rescue their data.

Default I had the oppisite problem!!!! my story data has gone!!!

I am so mad, i finished the game on heroic then got to the very last chapter on line 4 player, should of got all the achievements in one hit once the queen went down. my wife next to me got it and my two friends on line. i wondered what was up. went in to settings and it thinks the only chapter i have played in total was the end chapter. i lost every thing i was 5 mins from maxing the game of line!!!!!!! now my on line stats seem fine, its removed my medals gun kills on multiplayer etc. now i gone through all the crap Microsoft (who are supposed to offer support, how can they as they dont own the servers.) told me to do. The clear cash recover game tag etc etc delated gears save.. i would not mind losing my save but its my data, i had all Cog tags i got the award to prove it. i had about 90% of other intel. now surely as it with the other stats and awards in the menu it also should be stored on line. i had this on battlefield once but it sorted it self out over night. Epic can not say that Microsoft deal with support as they dont it is that simple i spent a whole day on phone. all they do is deal with gammer profiles and tell you to do the same old stuff weather what ever you tell them is wrong!!! that is not game support. Epic own the servers unless they train Microsoft to access their servers to recover data and deal with game issues this is not expectable when you are paying top money for games!!!! there must be a fix for this. and if there is not i think epic should give us the game add ons for free!!!!!!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Coffey II

Quote Originally Posted by iGoDz II DraGon View Post
    Agreed, this should've been a top priority.
    Completely agree, hopefully they fix it.

I want to split screen with my friend but I;'m worried about it.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

Good thread.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Great thread, hope more people read and know about this.
    Many thanks to III Lycan III for the awesome SGE.
    Words cannot describe what you have done for the community.

Supporter of expanding medals to all game types here and kills here.

Got mine reseted so this sucks!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCornwall View Post
    I am so mad, i finished the game on heroic then got to the very last chapter on line 4 player, should of got all the achievements in one hit once the queen went down. my wife next to me got it and my two friends on line. i wondered what was up. went in to settings and it thinks the only chapter i have played in total was the end chapter. i lost every thing i was 5 mins from maxing the game of line!!!!!!! now my on line stats seem fine, its removed my medals gun kills on multiplayer etc. now i gone through all the crap Microsoft (who are supposed to offer support, how can they as they dont own the servers.) told me to do. The clear cash recover game tag etc etc delated gears save.. i would not mind losing my save but its my data, i had all Cog tags i got the award to prove it. i had about 90% of other intel. now surely as it with the other stats and awards in the menu it also should be stored on line. i had this on battlefield once but it sorted it self out over night. Epic can not say that Microsoft deal with support as they dont it is that simple i spent a whole day on phone. all they do is deal with gammer profiles and tell you to do the same old stuff weather what ever you tell them is wrong!!! that is not game support. Epic own the servers unless they train Microsoft to access their servers to recover data and deal with game issues this is not expectable when you are paying top money for games!!!! there must be a fix for this. and if there is not i think epic should give us the game add ons for free!!!!!!
    Since your wife was sitting next to you I assume you were playing together split-screen. Unfortunately, this glitch most commonly affects people who are playing split-screen. Did your level get reset to 1 as well as all your medals and campaign progress being wiped?

Sorry this happened

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lemasive

Nice thread... Although I did post this information several times to the actual thread that is stickied so it's nice that you took all the credit (sarcasm).

EDIT: Forget about what I said.
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Banned

ive had pretty much every scenario OP mentioned and never got reset..

i think its pretty easy to figure out the real reason ppl are getting reset, they're just mad cause unlike Gears 2, EPIC knows all the tricks ppl used to glitch an cheat their rankings. aka playing offline, which means to avoid any patches, then try to sign in an still get credit for your rank after the patch...a million games have caught on to this and reset your rank, not just Gears 3

you notice how EPIC, now almost 2 months into the games release haven't acknowledged this at all? cause they know its not a bug.

if a simple Loss of connection or sign-in issue while playing the game caused that major of a glitch they would of patched it by now.(if it was an actual bug)
    Last edited by eiVaL; 10-31-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

Too late for me, already happened.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Lemasive View Post
    Nice thread... Although I did post this information several times to the actual thread that is stickied so it's nice that you took all the credit (sarcasm).

EDIT: Forget about what I said.
    I actually read a few posts on this in the last couple of days, but since nuper wrote out a step by step guide I asked him if I could add it to this thread and gave credit to him. I'm sorry if you feel like your idea was stolen. I'm just trying to collect all the information in one place and make it easy for people to find.
    Last edited by Thievius Sisko; 10-31-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
    ive had pretty much every scenario OP mentioned and never got reset..

i think its pretty easy to figure out the real reason ppl are getting reset, they're just mad cause unlike Gears 2, EPIC knows all the tricks ppl used to glitch an cheat their rankings. aka playing offline, which means to avoid any patches, then try to sign in an still get credit for your rank after the patch...a million games have caught on to this and reset your rank, not just Gears 3

you notice how EPIC, now almost 2 months into the games release haven't acknowledged this at all? cause they know its not a bug.

if a simple Loss of connection or sign-in issue while playing the game caused that major of a glitch they would of patched it by now.(if it was an actual bug)
    I strongly disagree. Epic have acknowledged this several times in the official thread in the issues forum, and have apologised to everyone affected. They have also said that a partial fix will be coming with the title update in the next couple of days. This will fix the issue with playing offline and then signing in which you mentioned. These people being reset are NOT glitching/modding or cheating, they have just been unlucky. Just because you personally have not yet had your rank reset while experiencing the situations I describe in this post doesn't mean that they don't cause rank resets. The people who have been affected have done nothing wrong, and EPIC did not do this intentionally it was just a terrible mistake. I feel incredibly sorry for anyone this has happened to, so that's why I made this thread.

Iron Guard

Bump......

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOT COFFEE FTW

So can I use 2 USB drives instead of using the hdd? (I always like to keep my profile seperate from my xbox so that I feel secure when my friends use it.)
    Gears of War 2: 100
    Gears of War 3: 400

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by HOT COFFEE FTW View Post
    So can I use 2 USB drives instead of using the hdd? (I always like to keep my profile seperate from my xbox so that I feel secure when my friends use it.)
    Yes, that should be fine. Any storage device that is different from the one with your main Gears 3 save on it should work.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DroidxP

My god, sir. You are my hero. I just did the Storage device one just because I was always worried.

I will go to sleep better tonight knowing I will wake up with all my Medals/ribbons/Characters and rank.
    THANK YOU.

Edit: Can I remove my storage device after wards? Or should I keep it in so It will continusly save my data?
    Last edited by HappyGear:D; 11-01-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    Baird & Paduk. <3

Hammerburst > Gnasher.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: In Flamez

I saved this thread in case this happens to me.

Sorry to all that had their data wiped.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOT COFFEE FTW

Okay, so I followed the steps and my usb (copied) data file is 64kb and my hdd (hard drive) is 68kb. my campaign saves are also different. Can you explain why please?
    Gears of War 2: 100
    Gears of War 3: 400

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DOC oSPADEo

I'm am soo grateful to you for making this thread, thank you so much!.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT COFFEE FTW View Post
    Okay, so I followed the steps and my usb (copied) data file is 64kb and my hdd (hard drive) is 68kb. my campaign saves are also different. Can you explain why please?
    Have you played the game and progressed more AFTER you made the copy?
    Because once you make the copy, it will be a static file that cannot progress until you delete it and re-do the method.

Banned

Boot up Gears, select your Usb drive or memory card that you just saved everything to (instead of whatever storage device you usually use) and "play" 1 game of anything. This causes the game the create a new player data file and set of campaign saves for you on the storage device by downloading them from the servers. When you're done playing, Go to the Dashboard and your "player data file" is now copied onto your Usb drive and you are now done completely backing up all your gears files.
    SELECTING THE WRONG STORAGE DEVICE
    If you select the wrong storage device your profile will have no rank, unlocks etc because your player data is not on that storage device. HOWEVER, a few people have been reporting that once they have selected the wrong storage device even when they went back and selected the right one they were still reset.
    Don't these two contradict each other?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fixdswine

It sure seems odd but I just say try it out.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FuzzyCoyote

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtab3 View Post
    I dont believe these do no. The booting up gears from your USB drive is done after you have already made the copy of your data to it.

The issue only happens if you select the wrong stroage device if there is no Gears info on it already?

Thats my take on it....... or am i missing something there?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can`t move my player date to the usb need help!
    R.I.P DOM

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtab3 View Post
    I would have thought so too. I can only remember one person who had this particular issue. I'm thinking that they must have started the game OFFLINE, and then selected the wrong storage device. In that case, the game could not download their player data so it would think they are level 1. They must have then signed into xbox live before switching storage devices, and the game then uploaded the blank player data file to the servers wiping everything. That is the only way I can imagine this happening. I should probably update that section.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast