Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 2326
    Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZERO MEN7ALITY

confirmed that cloud backup shouldnt be needed.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SlittyKarma

Hey so how do I update my cloud save then? Do I delete the original and make a new save and play one game (like i'm doing at the moment)?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MARKY310

Quote Originally Posted by SlittyKarma View Post
    Hey so how do I update my cloud save then? Do I delete the original and make a new save and play one game (like i'm doing at the moment)?
    You COULD do that, but its safe to just play a single game on your backup and it overwrites your game data without having to delete it. I think its further elaborated in the info post.

and page 7? Thread, you're grounded. go to your room!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: spaceSuicide PSN ID: Nick-Sixx

I just backed up my profile tonight for the first time. Would be a shame to lose my Wings.
    if i wanted to kill myself, i'd f*cking kill myself. shotgun to the dick.
    i'm a locust kinda guy.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RoboSeal1

If I enable cloud storage will I always have to choose which storage device when starting up gears?

Boomshot
    Soloing Top Lane. Can't camp your tower I got perfect harass.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboSeal1 View Post
    If I enable cloud storage will I always have to choose which storage device when starting up gears?
    Yes you will.
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Totallysafe View Post
    I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leech Zombie

just checking, anything new here? besides cloud..
    Tickers are red, Carmine is blue, Make sure you're wearing your spawn shield, when I Hammer of Dawn you
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for my SGE & SK

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAAMzilla

I... still don't really know why this thread isn't stickied, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by v i t z View Post
    bAAstard.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leech Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by RΛVMzilla View Post
    I... still don't really know why this thread isn't stickied, to be honest.
    I know with out a doubt, like honestly are they that hush hush about the rank resets they won't sticky the only 100% method of keeping your data

and its not like this is a mediocre thread, its so organized and well thought out.
    Tickers are red, Carmine is blue, Make sure you're wearing your spawn shield, when I Hammer of Dawn you
    Thanks to III LYCAN III for my SGE & SK

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Abysmalzulu

Quote Originally Posted by Leech Zombie View Post
    I know with out a doubt, like honestly are they that hush hush about the rank resets they won't sticky the only 100% method of keeping your data

and its not like this is a mediocre thread, its so organized and well thought out.
    lol they would not want anyone to shy away from buying the DLC there pumping out while the rank reset still exist.

But ya this needs to be a sticky until they find a fix.
    I would like to thank
    Cher for the Lancer avatar prop.

Iron Guard

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed that there wasn't a rank reset fix in the new title update. I guess we'll have to keep bumping this thread for now
    If you want a good laugh, then check out my twitter page of hilarious things my friend yells while raging at Gears of War.
    Be warned that he is a sick man, and you should only enter if you are 15+
    Replace the * with an i, since the forums won't let me type sh*t.
    twitter.com/Sh*tThatAzzSays

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dalthegooner

I can't believe that this thread hasn't been made a sticky.
    Until Epic sort the issue out then making this thread a sticky is the least they can do IMHO.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Thievius Sisko View Post
    I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed that there wasn't a rank reset fix in the new title update. I guess we'll have to keep bumping this thread for now
    Seems more like they are addressing potential causes. Which if they can nail that down atleast can help stem the flow of resets.
    Need help with the 500 Silverback Rocket kills achievement? Visit the Silverback Service Thread.

I have never seen someone give someone else a code because they were fed up. This is a first.
    Enjoy your LGS EXTREME NOOBHUNTER. Thanks FL4K for my Mech Baird and III LYCAN III for my SGE.

Iron Guard

Bump! I have changed the title of the thread to encourage people to back up their data before they decide to Re-Up. There would be nothing worse than achieving level 100 for a second/third/fourth time and then losing it all!
    If you want a good laugh, then check out my twitter page of hilarious things my friend yells while raging at Gears of War.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ZERO MEN7ALITY

Quote Originally Posted by alchemist5 View Post
    Wish I would have known about this before my reset happened, but it only happened on the third day so really no harm no foul.
    Mine happened Jan. 2nd 100 with 11 onyx +25,000 kills. Lol I was unlucky.

MSgt. Shooter Person

When you get a reset, even if you have a backup and restore it, you end up with loosing your collectives and unlocked stuffs?
    "I have a dream that my four fellow gears will one day fight in a world where they will not be judged by the color of their weapon skin but by the downloaded content of their character."
    Seriously 3.0 and 2.0 - Thanks ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya Stroud, KrLosZ for the Reaper Medal, PopeAdrian37th for the Jungle Tai, Tasuka for the Cobweb weapon skin, Gnashes for the Aftermath Baird and III Lycan III for the Alex Brand & Command Dom (GoW3)

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Downsize

Quote Originally Posted by MINH FANBOY View Post
    Mine happened Jan. 2nd 100 with 11 onyx +25,000 kills. Lol I was unlucky.
    Looks like you werent so lucky in Gears 2 my Fanboy. Six resets, something's very wrong there.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xSIMPLE SIMONx PSN ID: BerZerKer95

still no fix? why hasn't this been made a sticky?
    EVIL DEAD

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by purehatred666 View Post
    still no fix? why hasn't this been made a sticky?
    Cuz its the Man, man! The Man doesn't want us to know, so the People will forever be in the dark! But we gotta rally, man! We gotta organize, man! we gotta fight the Power!

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Balbi View Post
    When you get a reset, even if you have a backup and restore it, you end up with loosing your collectives and unlocked stuffs?
    If you have a current backup, you woul get everything back. Your collectibles are part of your Campaign Saves file not your player data file, and are not affected by a rank reset. A campaign reset affects your collectibles and campaign progress but not your rank and medals.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TomAce73 PSN ID: TomAce73

Hey Thievius,

I don't know, if it has something to do with this subject, but since you know everything about back-up and stuff I'll ask you

I recently have a strange problem: When I play private (online) Horde matches I cannot play with my default character Alicia Valera. When I choose her I play as Marcus Fenix. I already erased my Player Data (HDD and Memory Unit) but nothing works When I play Versus I don't have that problem or when I choose a different character. Do you know what to do? Thanks in advance.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wave 0 Of Horde

This is a bit late but I got reset last Saturday.
    I used the cloud to get my stats back so I can confirm it does work 100 percent !

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Stewarto

I make a backup after every major medal I get.

Hopefully havent had to use it so far. Touch wood.
    Gears Since 2006.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you have a current backup, you woul get everything back. Your collectibles are part of your Campaign Saves file not your player data file, and are not affected by a rank reset. A campaign reset affects your collectibles and campaign progress but not your rank and medals.
    OK, Thanks! So, if you have a backup of both files, campaign and rank, you should be fine. Even if you got a campaign reset you are not going to lose anything, right? Just have to recover them from your backup. I saw on another thread, posts saying that backups wouldn't fix that.
    Last edited by Carlos Balbi; 01-12-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    "I have a dream that my four fellow gears will one day fight in a world where they will not be judged by the color of their weapon skin but by the downloaded content of their character."
    Seriously 3.0 and 2.0 - Thanks ToRcHiiNgNerDz for the Anya Stroud, KrLosZ for the Reaper Medal, PopeAdrian37th for the Jungle Tai, Tasuka for the Cobweb weapon skin, Gnashes for the Aftermath Baird and III Lycan III for the Alex Brand & Command Dom (GoW3)

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by TomAce73 View Post
    Hey Thievius,

I don't know, if it has something to do with this subject, but since you know everything about back-up and stuff I'll ask you

I recently have a strange problem: When I play private (online) Horde matches I cannot play with my default character Alicia Valera. When I choose her I play as Marcus Fenix. I already erased my Player Data (HDD and Memory Unit) but nothing works When I play Versus I don't have that problem or when I choose a different character. Do you know what to do? Thanks in advance.
    I'm sorry, but I have no idea what causes that. Try making a post in the issues forum to see if anyone else knows how to fix it. People are really helpful there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Balbi View Post
    OK, Thanks! So, if you have a backup of both files, campaign and rank, you should be fine. Even if you got a campaign reset you are not going to lose anything, right? Just have to recover them from your backup. I saw on another thread, posts saying that backups wouldn't fix that.
    It has not been confirmed whether you can get your campaign/collectible progress back with a backup. Not many people have tried it as yet. I don't understand why it wouldn't work, but I have read a post from someone who tried and they couldn't get it working. So until more people are able to test it, it is still unconfirmed.

He who must not be named...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TAO Devil

I need to update my save file.... thanks for bumping and reminding me.
    That was Zen, This is TAO
    Ranked #1 in the World for AWESOMENESS!

Follow me @TAO_Devil Follow my Gaming Blog @DevilsGameroom or view the site The Devils Gameroom
    GzB Baby! WHOOOO! EGFC Member
    First member to ever hit 30,000 posts. I am He Who Must Not Be Named

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: finchworm

i never have gotten a reset, but after reading and watching I'm paranoid. so i'll be doing this later. Merci buttercup.
    Sam Fan Sico

MSgt. Shooter Person

It has not been confirmed whether you can get your campaign/collectible progress back with a backup. Not many people have tried it as yet. I don't understand why it wouldn't work, but I have read a post from someone who tried and they couldn't get it working. So until more people are able to test it, it is still unconfirmed.
    Thanks for your answer, Thievius. Hope that no one needs to do that, then. Fingers crossed! ;P

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by umbrage View Post
    i never have gotten a reset, but after reading and watching I'm paranoid. so i'll be doing this later. Merci buttercup.
    after i read this i got very scared. lol
    CoG-Kim/Griffin/Cole
    Locust- Grenadier/Flamer/Cyclops
    Loadout- Gold HB/Gnasher
    Veteran Gear

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rowken

Just got all the ribbons and updated all my backups. Thanks again for this thread!
    Gears of War 1250/1250
    Gears of War 2 1750/1750 \\☆//
    Gears of War 3 1480/1750 Re-up 1/3

Iron Guard

I'm bumping this thread, because there have been LOTS of new rank reset threads today!

Iron Guard

Buuuuuuuump!

MSgt. Shooter Person

Bumpity bump bump (Forum member can't find ya.)
    Try as I might, I just can't seem to nail the active reload on the Cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain510soldier View Post
    When they send messages about you using lancer over Gnasher do the following:

1. Seek out the the person who sent the message
    2. Lancer him down with pure prejudice
    3. As your going to get your kill pullout Gnasher
    4. Kill him
    5. Reply with a message saying "See I can use my Gnasher "

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearsoholics

Thanks for making this thread. I just made a cloud and a USB backup to be safe. I was wondering if you could answer something for me though. Would I have to backup my dlc as well or is that saved to my player data? I don't want to lose my Characters and Skins.
    .:Gearsoholics:.
    \\★// Seriously Judgmental \\★//

Dom Santiago | Alex Brand | Minh Young Kim
    Reaper Slayer Lancer | Gold Gnasher

Re-up 7 - 29 | Onyx Medals 7/45
    Number of Samaels Slayed: 16

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by Gearsoholic1259 View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. I just made a cloud and a USB backup to be safe. I was wondering if you could answer something for me though. Would I have to backup my dlc as well or is that saved to my player data? I don't want to lose my Characters and Skins.
    That's saved in the account management section under previous downloads.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Gearsoholics

Quote Originally Posted by Fishead John View Post
    That's saved in the account management section under previous downloads.
    So that would be a no as to needing to back those up?
    .:Gearsoholics:.
    \\★// Seriously Judgmental \\★//

Dom Santiago | Alex Brand | Minh Young Kim
    Reaper Slayer Lancer | Gold Gnasher

Re-up 7 - 29 | Onyx Medals 7/45
    Number of Samaels Slayed: 16

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Gearsoholic1259 View Post
    So that would be a no as to needing to back those up?
    DLC is linked to your gamertag, not your player data. So they are unaffected by a reset. No need to back them up, but they can be copied if you want to.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

DLC is linked to your gamertag, not your player data. So they are unaffected by a reset. No need to back them up, but they can be copied if you want to.
    hey how come you never join us to talk about other topics? I don't think i've seen you outside your thread. Dont you wanna complain about the "nooby" sawed off or how "the gnasher sprays marshmallows" or that "pre-order chars should stay exclusive"?

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by marky310 View Post
    hey how come you never join us to talk about other topics? I don't think i've seen you outside your thread. Dont you wanna complain about the "nooby" sawed off or how "the gnasher sprays marshmallows" or that "pre-order chars should stay exclusive"?
    I believe as a user they have felt more inclined to post regarding this topic it being their own thread and personal crusade so to speak. Otherwise without said issue and the need to help others we'd see and even lower post count.

Unlike me whos been absolutely bored at work and realize I can access the forums from my cell-phone.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Fishead John View Post
    I believe as a user they have felt more inclined to post regarding this topic it being their own thread and personal crusade so to speak. Otherwise without said issue and the need to help others we'd see and even lower post count.

Unlike me whos been absolutely bored at work and realize I can access the forums from my cell-phone.
    Most of the forum has taken up the fight as well. I know I come around a few times and bump this thread. I was just wondering about T. Sisko's opinions on stuff and it'd be fun to see her rage about her marshmallowy gnasher, lol

Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast