Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pandut

Default Salvaged/Rusty Weapons

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Text on the Gnasher says "Get better soon!".

Something I cooked up in GIMP after pondering on what a bang-up, overused, rusty Lancer would look like. A bit akin to this, hopefully .

Rusted chainsaw spikes, worn-out duct tape holding the bayonet to the gun. Broken lights, defunct iron sight. Inferior by a land-slide to a brand new Lancer, but hey; At least it still works, right?

I also remember Flak, or Cher, dunno which said something about Fans suggesting weapon/character skin ideas to Epic. So, here's my shot. This matches Gears 3's "end of it all" setup. Figure, ammo is scarce, a brand-new gun is probably a lot more of a rare finding so people/Locust are resorting to using "broken" weapons that have been fixed up. I'd die for a skin for MP use where the gun appears heavily corroded and rusty, with tape the only thing holding it together . "Salvaged" as my idea would speak. Epic needs more weapon skins based on cosmetic atmosphere rather then animation in my opinion.

One can hope!

Possible names for skins, "Salvaged", "Rusty", "Erosion", "Rustlung".
    Last edited by Pandut; 10-12-2011 at 08:00 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Holy sh-t EPIC make this as a skin.
    Nice work, pal.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: oZz1138

I second this

(2nd)

Member of the Old Guard-\\
    Twitter - oZ1138
    Member of the Old Guard \\★//

Boomshot
    In the deadlands with the Savages, lost without her. I will find you, my Queen.
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Undead Paradox

I love it! The duct tape is a nice addition - Do they have duct tape on Sera?

I would use the hell out of this skin. I'd be all like "HA! You got chainsawed, and Lockjaw!"
    I'm a hardcore spooner. I'm always the big spoon.
    Number of Boomshot Headshots: 23.
    I recall when I used to be a huge Guardian player. It was the only MP I played in Gears 2, and the only reason why I played Gears 2 MP in the first place. I honestly thought Guardian was never coming back, but once again Epic tells us they're still here for us, and that they love us. <3

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Biernudel View Post
    Holy sh-t EPIC make this as a skin.
    Nice work, pal.
    Thanks, dude. Here's to hoping! You never know what Epic may do (dun dun dun).

Quote Originally Posted by oZz1138 View Post
    I second this

(2nd)

Member of the Old Guard-\\
    Member of the Old Guard as well . I'm almost positive either Flak or Cher suggested something vaguely akin to fan-based weapon skins. I may be wrong, but I feel as though I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Paradox View Post
    I love it! The duct tape is a nice addition - Do they have duct tape on Sera?

I would use the hell out of this skin. I'd be all like "HA! You got chainsawed, and Lockjaw!"
    I'm pretty sure they have some variant of duct tape, hehe. Like I said, I'd kill a bunch of humans for a rusty-salvaged weapon skin. It would be... epic, pun probably intended. Gotta be careful when chainsawing though. Imagine if it jammed while you were mid-way sawing yourself through a Drone, the spikes get caught in the flesh and it's essentially stuck in place. The Drone is dead of course, but you'd be force to fight it's corpse for control of the Lancer .

A "salvaged" Retro-Lancer would be sick. A rusty bayonet held to the gun by more tape and straps, stabbing some unlucky fool probably wouldn't initially kill them... but they'd soon die from rust poisoning. Pretty nasty way to go .

MSgt. Shooter Person

Awesome creativity!! They should make this skin pack official and give them out to those who have played all 3 multiplayers. My Lancer is probably rusted to hell after 5 years of chainsawing

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0G Sniper

That is really awesome. Great work, I love it.
    YouTube
    Twitter
    The Super Duper Secret Exclusive Mechanic Baird club
    Need help with the forum or Gears? Just ask. I'd be happy to help.
    "Ohhh... bacon."

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Quilty View Post
    Awesome creativity!! They should make this skin pack official and give them out to those who have played all 3 multiplayers. My Lancer is probably rusted to hell after 5 years of chainsawing
    Hey! That's actually a good idea. "Veterans" Skin Pack . Include some nice skin packs and give em' away to those that have played all 3 Gears. Thanks for the comment, hopefully Epic... or even more people find this appealing .

Quote Originally Posted by Cole. View Post
    That is really awesome. Great work, I love it.
    Thanks, dude. Means mucho grande coming from a respectable member ^_^.

EDIT: Added Salvaged Retro Lancer, Hammerburst and Sawn-Off!
    Last edited by Pandut; 10-06-2011 at 04:04 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheClassyPython

They are nice. Where's the Gnasher though? That's what I really want to see.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: XxNikkiSe7enxX

I'd so use these, And want them.
    Those are amazing. and i hope epic sees these and decides its a good idea
    "Over there! That's the monkey dog thing I saw!"
    - Benjamin Carmine.

The Flying Ticker Strikes Again!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Losthursday

Very cool. Those would be neat skins to have.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IAMTHEAARON

Yeah, I had an idea similar to this a while back, but my mock-ups don't look as good as yours do. I also came up with a slightly customizable skin idea too.

I made a few quick Photoshop mock-ups during the Beta. (By the way, sorry this is a long post)

Here are a few ideas I had for slight modifications to the skins. It could be like an application on top of the skin:

Blood, Rust, Materials Modifier

Also, here are some quick mock-ups of a few different types of skins so you can see what I had in mind for skin customization:

Flaming

Digital

Omen

Camo

XBOX
    Last edited by skittlespider; 10-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GroaningTurnip

Looks awesome!

These > most skins the the game.
    Herp Derp

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

By the way, I know I said it in an earlier post, but these are some really impressive mock-ups Pandut!
    I'm really hoping that Farmer Dom will be a future DLC!

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheClassyPython View Post
    They are nice. Where's the Gnasher though? That's what I really want to see.
    Ask, and ye' shall recieve! I have added the Salvaged Gnasher . May touch up on Hammy and Retro though...

Quote Originally Posted by XxNikkiSe7enxX View Post
    I'd so use these, And want them.
    Those are amazing. and i hope epic sees these and decides its a good idea
    Thanks, bro. I am honestly surprised Epic didn't already make a "Rusty" Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthursday View Post
    Very cool. Those would be neat skins to have.
    Fits the games theme, don't it? I'm not a fan of most of the current skins in the game, although the Team skins look rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GroaningTurnip 2.0 View Post
    Looks awesome!

These > most skins the the game.
    I know, right? Animated skins look very blegh.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlespider View Post
    By the way, I know I said it in an earlier post, but these are some really impressive mock-ups Pandut!
    Kudos, dude! Your little "mock ups" look damn good as well. Purple Omen = OMG WANT :3.

Great idea, nicely executed Mr P.

One thing that bothers me though, tape looks too clean, but that's just me.

Maybe you could have one with rags tied round it to protect it from dust? Also, maybe some custom parts? Gun nuts tend to add their own modifications to improve their weapons, I'm sure something similar could happen on Sera, though maybe more out of necessity than weapon improvements. Then, finish off with some personalization, like how troops in Vietnam personalized their armor and stuff?

Wonder will we ever see this as a weapons pack? I think Locust fans especially would love these.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBigBoss View Post
    Great idea, nicely executed Mr P.

One thing that bothers me though, tape looks too clean, but that's just me.

Maybe you could have one with rags tied round it to protect it from dust? Also, maybe some custom parts? Gun nuts tend to add their own modifications to improve their weapons, I'm sure something similar could happen on Sera, though maybe more out of necessity than weapon improvements. Then, finish off with some personalization, like how troops in Vietnam personalized their armor and stuff?

Wonder will we ever see this as a weapons pack? I think Locust fans especially would love these.
    That is a pretty good idea about customization, although finding usable tid-bits on the web is difficult DX. Took me several hours alone to find that duct tape texture, but I'll still give it some thought. And yeah, the tape does look rather clean but I was afraid if I made it look too dirty it'd render the weapon "too" rusty/salvaged. But, maybe that doesn't matter anymore, eh?

EDIT: Fixed up the Retro a wee bit.
    Last edited by Pandut; 10-06-2011 at 07:22 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pandut View Post
    Kudos, dude! Your little "mock ups" look damn good as well. Purple Omen = OMG WANT :3.
    Thanks man! I also think the purple Omen looks pretty awesome. Really a hue adjuster for the current skins would probably not be that hard to add in. Hue adjusters have been in games to add customization at least as far back as the first Playstation.

I took a look at your new rusty Gnasher and the little tweaks to the others. You really have an eye for details. Great job on these!

Also the duct tape does look a little new, but I am assuming it was freshly applied to hold the guns together. Old duct tape gets brittle and the glue softens up over time. It makes sense that it would need to be replaced often.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nonoru

Great stuff.totally would get these.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nonoru View Post
    I agree. If I saw these skins available, I would definitely get them. I have been refusing to pay for weapon skins. (It is not that they cost too much, but the principle of the thing.) However, these rusty/salvaged weapons would be worth it!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: S Y N T A X ooo

No that retro would be too over powered. I mean you can stab someone AND give them tetanus.

That is a pretty good idea about customization, although finding usable tid-bits on the web is difficult DX. Took me several hours alone to find that duct tape texture, but I'll still give it some thought.
    Hah! If you're working for a company they don't want to hear excuses, they want you to get creative and just get the damn thing done! (to a high standard too, no slacking off)

Try searching for movie prop weapons, people seem to post lots of pictures of those.

skittlespider, didn't say anything before since I was only commenting on the thread topic, but gotta say those are really nice designs and very nicely presented too.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nonoru View Post
    Thankies, dude .

I agree. If I saw these skins available, I would definitely get them. I have been refusing to pay for weapon skins. (It is not that they cost too much, but the principle of the thing.) However, these rusty/salvaged weapons would be worth it!
    Same, I'm not a huge fan of the skins I've been seeing anyway. Too shiny and "new" looking. We need an old, beaten' up looking skin.

Quote Originally Posted by S Y N T A X View Post
    No that retro would be too over powered. I mean you can stab someone AND give them tetanus.
    Lol, but they still die no matter what XD.

Hah! If you're working for a company they don't want to hear excuses, they want you to get creative and just get the damn thing done! (to a high standard too, no slacking off)

Try searching for movie prop weapons, people seem to post lots of pictures of those.

skittlespider, didn't say anything before since I was only commenting on the thread topic, but gotta say those are really nice designs and very nicely presented too.
    Good point, good point. I'll do some digging around, see what I come up with, hehe .

Redeemer
    Still waiting for my shots to register...
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saxophone18

Those skins look sweet, nice job.
    Now I lie awake and scream in a zero gravity and it's starting to weigh down on me. Let's abort this mission now. Can I please come down?
    So tonight I'm calling all astronauts, all the lonely people that the world forgot if you hear my voice come pick me up, are you out there? 'Cause you're all I've got!
    And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut sending SOS from this tiny box and I lost all signal when I lifted up now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot...Can I please come down!?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks man. I hope my mock-ups didn't stray too far from the topic. I thought it was a similar enough idea.

I'm glad you liked my designs. I heard a rumor that the Epic edition would include a skin editor, but I suppose that was wishful thinking or false rumors.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: evonites

man, looks soooo sick
    COG: Samantha Byrne / Sniper
    Weapon Setup: Gold Lancer / Pink Gnasher
    Come and get it!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LunaXJJ

Those are some of the best user created skins I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Senzoro View Post
    Bloodthirsty Amazons, hell hath no fury like a woman who hold'th thine hammer of one's dawn xD

MSgt. Shooter Person

indeed they are.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Aye, thanks everyone! I am quite pleased with how the Gnasher turned out .

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ReaLiStiiC

Love the designs you've made.
    Sadly I'll have to stick with my Gold Gnasher though (I like flaunting my VG Status.)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Teejay V21

nice work!
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,',
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.''====
    ``/ /-'-|___|
    ;;;;;;;;;:'

LOVE the GREEN

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MasterVegeta SP

very nice, now if only neca made props!
    Youtube.com/user/IvanTheGreatSpeaks
    Click The Link To View GCON's Beginning of The End Gears 3 Midnight Launch Video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU0Zij4llAo

Follow @gafiltha

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Sacramentum

I like it!
    Except for the duct tape on the DBS and Lancer looks too new.

I'd like to thank the community. It is really mature of them to help those in need out
    Many, many thanks to BRUTE for the IO skins You are a gentleman and a scholar!!
    Hammerburst/Gnasher
    I'm always down for some Horde!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG27 View Post
    I like it!
    Except for the duct tape on the DBS and Lancer looks too new.
    I'm okay with the new looking duct tape actually. Old duct tape is practically useless for holding things together. It has to be replaced often to keep things structurally intact.

A key part of a gun that wobbles around would be a bad thing.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Orbit Storm

I'm okay with the new looking duct tape actually. Old duct tape is practically useless for holding things together. It has to be replaced often to keep things structurally intact.

A key part of a gun that wobbles around would be a bad thing.
    You make a good point, but maybe a combination of old with new, would be sufficient? For older objects, like an old snow shovel, I don't even bother to remove the old duct tape, I just use it as a buffer and wrap new strips over it.

Either way, the images look utterly amazing.
    "Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation."
    [ Subscribe to my blog - OrbitStorm.BlogSpot.com ]
    >> Follow me on Twitter @Orbit_Storm <<

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit Storm View Post
    You make a good point, but maybe a combination of old with new, would be sufficient? For older objects, like an old snow shovel, I don't even bother to remove the old duct tape, I just use it as a buffer and wrap new strips over it.

Yes, you make a good point about the layering. That is typically how most duct tape fixes turn out over time. I typically take the old off and replace it, so I forgot about that.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit Storm View Post

I do that as well XD. I'll tinker around, see if I can fabricate a duct-tape look that feels old, but is still structurally sound. Kudos for the comments, fellahs!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Admiral Laicius

Do want.
    Making locust giblets and gnashed potatoes since 2006.

LAMBENT HORDE #8675309

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: C0G Sniper

Thanks, dude. Means mucho grande coming from a respectable member ^_^.

I'm a respectable member?!
    YouTube
    Twitter
    The Super Duper Secret Exclusive Mechanic Baird club
    Need help with the forum or Gears? Just ask. I'd be happy to help.
    "Ohhh... bacon."

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cole. View Post

I'm a respectable member?!
    Truthfully, I just like you .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast