*Please note this is not an official FAQ, just one that I have made to help out the community. I will continue to update it with information as Epic makes it available to us.*
Just thought I'd post an information thread in regards to the upcoming "Horde Command Pack" DLC1 this November. I try to answer many of the common questions... so here we go!
*Answers to some commonly asked questions and additional information are at the bottom of this post*
RECAP OF THE PRESS RELEASE:
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Cost: 800MSP or free download for Season Pass holders
New Achievements: 250G
- Blood Drive:
The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New Horde Fortification Features:
- Command Center: A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Sentry Upgrade: This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Decoy Upgrade: A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Silverback Upgrade: This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
- Bernie Mataki
New Weapon Skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
Q: What game modes will these new maps be playable in?
A: They will be playable in Horde, Beast, and private Versus multiplayer.
Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here
Q: Why are they not playable in public Versus multiplayer?
A: It is a dedicated server issue. Eventually you will be able to play DLC 1 maps in public Versus, but not at launch. When is TBD. The primary focus of this DLC pack is also for Horde, hence it's name.
Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here
Q: If I buy the DLC 1 Horde Command Pack and my friends don't, can they still play Horde with me and will I be able to use my new fortification features?
Q: Will the new DLC Characters and Weapon Skins be usable right away or do they need to be unlocked?
A: They will be available for use right away.
Q: Will my new character and weapon skins be viewable in all game types by all players including public Versus?
Q: What are the new achievements going to be?
A: The new achievements are worth 250G and are as follows:
- 25G: "The Host with the Most" - Host a full party on one of the DLC maps in a private Horde game.
- 25G: "Places to See, People to Destroy" - Host a full party on one of the DLC maps in a private Beast game.
- 50G: "What does this button do?" - Get 500 kills with Silverback Rockets.
- 50G: "It's Hammer Time" - Get your Horde Command Center upgraded to level four.
- 100G: "Kill Locust Like a Boss" - Defeat any boss wave on Hardcore difficulty as five Onyx Guards.
Q: If entering a public Horde match, will we be able to pick DLC maps if the host has the maps but not all players do?
A: Yes, they are playable because they are not on dedicated servers, and only the host needs to have them, not all players.
Q: I already bought the full weapon skin pack and now they are included with this DLC?!
A: The weapon skins included with the DLC 1 pack are not included in any weapon skin bundle nor can they be purchased separately, so don't worry - you didn't already buy them.
Q: What about indoor maps? How can the Command Center bring in Hammer of Dawn support or Mortar Support on those types of maps (such as Rustlung and Checkout)?
A: For these kinds of maps, other features will be available such as a team of Onyx Guards with Boomshots that come in to help you out, etc.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
Only the host of a Horde/Beast/Private Versus lobby needs to have the DLC 1 pack purchased for everyone else in the game to play on the DLC 1 maps. However, only the people that have purchased the pack will be able to earn the new achievements and build the new fortification features (if playing Horde).
Source: This post and this post
I will keep updating this thread as more information becomes available!