Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Iron Guard
    David OConnor Whitenorthstar
    Trainee developer
    Knows just a bit of UDK stuff, certainly not yet a guru

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Whitenorthstar View Post
    yeh it's quite impressive but a bit sad they only used the existing mobile demo. ;( However I think that this is a hint that the flash and mobile editor will be quite similar which would be awesome!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

Given that the original demo was around 80Mb, and they've cut a fair bit of audio out of it for the purposes of the flash demo, I say it doesn't bode well for UE3 flash integration. The load time issue is still one that has not been resolved.
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

Marrow Fiend

i found the load time not to bad, but i suppose that depends on your connection speed, it just took ca 40s , is that good or bad from click on link to intro start ?
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials
    UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

Iron Guard

Considering it took me about 10 minutes, I would say yours is pretty good
    Knowledge should be shared with everyone. Technique however, is your own thing.

My UnrealScript Lessons
    My Blog

I'm working full-time, so I'm not available for freelance work, sorry.

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Mougli View Post
    Considering it took me about 10 minutes, I would say yours is pretty good
    holly **** that is a long time to download a few MB. xD Well the world average of connection speeds is about 512kb/s. I have that speed here at home which loaded the demo in 2mins so I would say that's ok. The nations targeted by game devs mostly have higher averages. However this is just one level ofc so there needs to be a good level streaming integration in the final flash version. ^^

Marrow Fiend

well it looks like i don't have to upgrade my line connection yet then, i think thier going to have to look at the options ref line speed, i know in udk we have the graphics auto settings maybe they can do that sort of thing for the connection eg low speed = lowres !!!!
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UDK
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials
    UT3 Tutorials - Characters - Weapons - Vehicles - FaceFX
    UDK Tutorials - Basics - Vehicles - Characters - Weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Whitenorthstar View Post

this is what i get:

my PC specs:
    AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    8gb ram

EDIT:
    i forgot to activate Hardware Acceleration... It works now like a charm.
    Last edited by thelod; 03-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Redeemer

They should find a way to cache the content in the client's PC if possible.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: http://www.alhasanstudio.com/

Projects: Medieval Zombie Demo - zBioBlow - 2013: Infected Wars

UDK Version: Feb-2013
    Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad Core CPU
    12 GB DDR3 Mushkin PC3-12800 998959 (6 x 2048MB) 6-9-7-24 1.65V Blackline
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5 GB GDDR5 - Driver Version: 296.10

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ambershee

Quote Originally Posted by thelod View Post
    this is what i get:

my PC specs:
    AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    8gb ram
    Enable hardware acceleration in flash.
    - Please do not send me questions regarding programming or implementing things in UDK via Private Message. I do not have time to respond and they are much better answered in the forums. -

Quote Originally Posted by ambershee View Post
    Enable hardware acceleration in flash.
    I totally forgot that i deactivated it a while ago. Thanks ^^

MSgt. Shooter Person

You all do know, that adobe just recently has announced that they stop making the flashplayer for all kinds of browsers, and only for Chrome/chromium browsers (through a deal with Google).
    There will be one last version, for all browsers, after that, it's only through chrome/chromium (if you want newer flash player versions).

So yeah.. it kinda sucks :-( (forcing users to go chrome/chromium on the long run)
    Also flash is kind of going towards a silent death on the mobile part. (Adobe does not make newer mobile version of flash, only AIR is still officially supported).

Iron Guard

Don't drop that kind of bomb without a link to your sources.
    Knowledge should be shared with everyone. Technique however, is your own thing.

My UnrealScript Lessons
    My Blog

I'm working full-time, so I'm not available for freelance work, sorry.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by saymoo View Post
    You all do know, that adobe just recently has announced that they stop making the flashplayer for all kinds of browsers, and only for Chrome/chromium browsers (through a deal with Google).
    There will be one last version, for all browsers, after that, it's only through chrome/chromium (if you want newer flash player versions).

So yeah.. it kinda sucks :-( (forcing users to go chrome/chromium on the long run)
    Also flash is kind of going towards a silent death on the mobile part. (Adobe does not make newer mobile version of flash, only AIR is still officially supported).
    I found nothing about this in news from Adobe, Google, or Gamasutra. Can you provide your source?

The reason Adobe stopped development of the Flash Mobile Player was that Apple refused to work with them - they wanted that market to themselves. Apparently it's far from dead though; check out this great read from Gamasutra: Jumping from web to mobile: Planning and building a Flash to iOS game

Flash game sales are still looking good. In the licensing realm, FlashGameLicense brokered the sale of 108 flash games just last month, selling for a combined total of $218,159. And those are sales from only one source.

The only real concern I have is the UDK game size after it's converted and how quickly it can stream.
    Last edited by TMichael; 03-16-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Veteran

While Adobe is no longer providing ports themselves to mobile devices, they still provide the source code to all the licensees so that they can port it, if they wish.
    http://www.ericbla.de http://www.dungeondefenders.com http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm_Gun http://www.rekoil.com http://www.groundbranch.com

- Please don't send me private messages asking programming questions, those would be better asked on the Programming forum here. Thanks

Skaarj

Big Grin

WoW! Thank you for nice news. I suck with Adobe AIr :P. Thank you for tipp. Now i have not problem for Air Installer xD.

I don't need for UDK Installer. Hehehe! I know now.. Thank you for nice idea! UDK Tahnks i will sell my nice game development with Adobe Air and Flash Player.
    Hello dear people,
    Note: I am sorry because i am deaf Please don't ban me! Please respect me! I can not speak good.. Thanks!

Any news on release date for this?

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Anicho View Post
    Any news on release date for this?
    Not so far but I have my hopes up for every single of the UDK releases since the announcement. xDD

God King
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tegleg digital

Quote Originally Posted by XilenceX View Post
    I have my hopes up for every single of the UDK releases since the announcement. xDD
    me too, keep hoping for android as well
    Code:
    We.spazmodicaly.simulate.new.sound.with.technical.equipment.that.is.specificaly.manufactured.for.humans.to.communicate.in.outer.space.Tegleg.manipulates.time.and.space.to.create.new.experiences.to.generate.a.hardcore.database.generation.
    LOOK>> Please ask questions in the forum, NOT a private message <<LOOK
    tegleg.co.uk
    My Tutorials n Stuff
    Games: NEW! Tegs Playground Multiplayer Edition
    Unwheel2 - VCTF Game - Sponic Mesh 3D
    Shh.. dont tell anyone about my android apps.
    will code for money

Skaarj

Eh did you understand my message?? Can i ask you because UDK works under Adobe Air? Is it possible?
    Hello dear people,
    Note: I am sorry because i am deaf Please don't ban me! Please respect me! I can not speak good.. Thanks!

Iron Guard

So yeh there we quietly got the message in todays release notes for UDK: "Flash support is available to full source, commercial UE3 licensees." So we puny UDK users won't be bringing our games over to Flash it seems. ;(

Iron Guard

I doubt anyone will get the full commercial UE3 lincensee just for the flash export. In the end its hard to make money with web games. Should be even harder when you do high cost UE productions.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yeah this doesn't really make much sense to me either. Developers with full license access (like some in the Showcase) tend to create large games, often AAA, and not the sort of games which would translate well to Flash.

Mobile game developers would probably get the most from this tech due to the smaller file size of their projects - just not UDK mobile developers.

EDIT

Or, Explanation B: Flash conversion is so problematic that creating a Flash game without source access isn't yet feasible.
    Last edited by TMichael; 03-27-2012 at 11:09 PM.

If you think about all the games that you get on mobile and then on facebook(using flash) especially by companies like zynga who are making millions they can justify it.

However looking at how most the games started it was through low cost barriers of entry for development. If anything I wouldnt mind paying slightly more for flash support, so I hope they bring out a revised payment plan. I do not think at current day I could justify the cost commercial license personally or commercially.

Quote Originally Posted by thelod View Post
    this is what i get:

my PC specs:
    AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    8gb ram

EDIT:
    i forgot to activate Hardware Acceleration... It works now like a charm.
    have this same problem on linux. Cant see this nice engine demo render.

But unfortunally no way to activate HA, adobe is not working on fixing this...

I for one would actually welcome flash for the UDK. It seems like it'd get a lot more use there anyways. As people have already said, if you can afford to license the full UE3 anyways then you're probably not wasting your time with flash.
    See my tutorials here: Organization is the key to success in any endeavor

mewithoutYou: The potato called from underground, "You've got it all turned upside down!"

Redeemer

I think i know why they aren't including Flash with UDK, perhaps it's the same thing than including PS3 support for UDK, you need another licence with adobe, at least i think that's the reason,

Iron Guard

Quote Originally Posted by yahooanswers View Post
    I think i know why they aren't including Flash with UDK, perhaps it's the same thing than including PS3 support for UDK, you need another licence with adobe, at least i think that's the reason,
    I highly doubt that since flash support is avaible for a certain other popular 3d engine for free. Im not allowed to say the name of the engine in this forum but its a engine that had web support from the beginning with its own plugin.

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by Davision View Post
    I highly doubt that since flash support is avaible for a certain other popular 3d engine for free. Im not allowed to say the name of the engine in this forum but its a engine that had web support from the beginning with its own plugin.
    You don't need to say the name of the engine :P i know some of them but like you said it's different engines so there is different licence some engines allow people to make games on other platform it just depends anyway, like you said it's better not to compare engine here, if you want to speak further about this you can PM me

MSgt. Shooter Person

All I can say is this is a dead-end endeavour.

Flash needs to die in the first place, adding a little hype to it doesn't help the Internet.

And it runs terribly for something that looks like it just stumbled out of 2003.

God King
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: tegleg digital

Quote Originally Posted by BmB23 View Post
    And it runs terribly for something that looks like it just stumbled out of 2003.
    kinda like ios then.....
    Code:
    We.spazmodicaly.simulate.new.sound.with.technical.equipment.that.is.specificaly.manufactured.for.humans.to.communicate.in.outer.space.Tegleg.manipulates.time.and.space.to.create.new.experiences.to.generate.a.hardcore.database.generation.
    LOOK>> Please ask questions in the forum, NOT a private message <<LOOK
    tegleg.co.uk
    My Tutorials n Stuff
    Games: NEW! Tegs Playground Multiplayer Edition
    Unwheel2 - VCTF Game - Sponic Mesh 3D
    Shh.. dont tell anyone about my android apps.
    will code for money

MSgt. Shooter Person

So wait... can scaleform be used in flash UE?

Yo dawg, etc.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by BmB23 View Post
    So wait... can scaleform be used in flash UE?

Yo dawg, etc.
    motherofgod.jpg

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unreal working through a web browser

What’s the latest news on this subject, I have to get a technical demo up and running through a web browser and I would really like to use Unreal.

Does anyone know what the news is? I take it flash is being dropped as android have dropped it? Maybe some news on HTML5? maybe a new product by Adobe that Unreal will work with?

I am doing a Masters by research so any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by neil; 08-07-2012 at 05:16 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

tumbleweed.....

All the information is already there, if they're going to add information it'll be a big announcement

MSgt. Shooter Person

Unreal 4 will have web browser support?

Let me guess how it is, Flash went down the pan so Epic is waiting for Adobe's new product called Edge - http://edge.adobe.com/

Unreal 4 will then come out with "UT 2013 maybe 14"
    Then Gears of War followed by lots of other games.
    Then UDK "4", happy days for those of us in education
    Then IOS, IPad, Android, Web Browser Support

Would love to know how far off I am

MSgt. Shooter Person

Edge = We know nothing.
    UE4 = 2013.
    Gears of War = Fortnite.
    UDK"4" = Maybe and possible never since UE3 is going to be supported for a while and who knows if they wish to continue with UDK into UE4.
    iOS, Android & Browser = I'm guessing that Android and Flash requires alot of support/access to the source and that's why we dont have it. That probably won't change anytime soon (I can be wrong here).

Redeemer

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    Edge = We know nothing.
    UE4 = 2013.
    Gears of War = Fortnite.
    UDK"4" = Maybe and possible never since UE3 is going to be supported for a while and who knows if they wish to continue with UDK into UE4.
    iOS, Android & Browser = I'm guessing that Android and Flash requires alot of support/access to the source and that's why we dont have it. That probably won't change anytime soon (I can be wrong here).
    I don't know about the others but i do agree with the last sentence (@Android and flash), and that is what i usually explain to many fellow's on the forum, albeit we could be wrong,

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    Edge = We know nothing.
    UE4 = 2013.
    Gears of War = Fortnite.
    So you think UE4 2013? Does that mean Microsoft's new Xbox console "Let’s call it Xbox 720 " is coming out in 2013?

The reason I ask is that UE4 will need Dix 11 to run all the nice rendering techniques, currently XBox 360 is Dix9 and PS3 has there own chip which they are dropping for the PS4 and using Dix 11

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast