MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SaNe DuDe

Default Defeating Queen Myrrah on Insane

I've noticed many people complaining that they cant defeat myrrah on insane, but its actually pretty easy. At first when i attempted this, i did it on 4player coop and thought it was the most annoying piece of Sh*t ever. Again and again i would switch up teams but all seemed to be just a fail as the other. So i was like screw it ill do it by myself cus hey the bots wont get torn to pieces like a human player would. Still it was hard until i took a look at the strategy used in the link i posted below(im not the one in the video, completely random person i dont know). So i began soloing that strategy and got better results, coming very close to killing her however it wasnt really enough. I just kept trying and eventually a friend joined in with me and we continued the strategy...it only took 2 tries. The strategy is perfect with 2 players, you and a buddy just do whats in the video while bot teamates kill all the retarded guards shooting you from all around. they wont die either, theyll just continuously get downed and revive each other. With two people you dont have to worry about running out to get more hammer of dawn ammo either(i think theres only two hammer spawns anyway). the only thing that sucks, is if you run out of ammo(rifle/pistol ammo that is) but after a few tries u shud be lucky enough to snag ammo and run back successfully. lastly ACTIVE REALOADS HELP A SH*T TON. hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv84gqxDKU
    Last edited by sanedude; 09-29-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is my gnasher and it says "F YOU AND YOUR RANK DIFFERENCE"

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Deity Complex

So close.. Last mount and the queen broke through the glass and killed Adam Fenix. That's when I just turned off my 360 and said "F*ck it."..

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JD aus

I only used the Hammmer on her twice in the last part and she died. She only used her death rays once! So happy.
    My initials are JD and I'm from Australia.

Thank you ShadowSniper V2 for the Liquid Green Metal skin!

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: suppafinga

4 player co-op. Have two players on Insane and the other two on casual. Beat it, switch, rinse and repeat.
    www.4rumboys.com- 4RUM competed in CODXP 2011
    4rumboys Youtube - Check us out for Gears 3 gameplay and commentary
    Onyx Guard/Savage Grenadier Elite - Gold Lancer - Liquid Green Gnasher
    I'm an EMT, married to an RN and I have a 3 year old daughter. Shocked that I have a life?
    Thanks to Butterysteelo for my Liquid Green Skins!
    Quote Originally Posted by All My Rage View Post
    There is no legit argument for the sawed off. It's a crutch weapon and Epic has said it themselves. If you use it, you're bad. That's all there is to it.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I did this on 4 player co-op on arcade and things went pretty smoothly. When we died we just respawned and took more health from her. It's really just a matter of time, ammo, and cover.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MW Unfair

One of 2 things always happens to me. 1. The therons kill me when I go for ammo. 2. I can't stop her from getting to the top of the tower and killing Adam. Even on 4-player co-op its just as ridiculous. I don't see myself getting the Onyx medal for beating arcade anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by will i am View Post
    44 to 100? In 1 week? I guess you didn't sleep, $h!t or eat for 7 days.........

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SqueakyBOOTS

4 player arcade is harder than campaign. I think it took me 3 tries on campaign to kill her on insane, idk how many hours I've spent trying to beat her on 4 player arcade and still nothing.
    R.I.P Gears 2 KoTH rank 9 worldwide

Level 100....Check
    Embry Star....Check
    Quit GoW3....Check

MSgt. Shooter Person

That's actually where I started hiding myself, but that was Hardcore, haven't tried Insane yet.
    "I Guess We're All Stranded Now."
    Big thanks to Saayer for my Griffin code!
    Big thanks to I NEED ACTIVEz for LGS!

Stay near the elevator, really helps, and guards seem to stay away from it. 4 player co-op arcade seems to be the hardest, with infinite spawning by enimies but that's how i did it on insane!

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DizzyPenguin JR

That's the guide I watched. The random tendency for the Guards to fire at you and running back for ammo in a hail of HB fire make it a BS battle. On my one, there was a Guard who had no weapon, would walk up to me and then go back to the other Guards. It scared the sh*t out of me. Never have I been so relieved to see a cutscene in my life.
    GT: DizzyPenguin JR
    COG: Commando Dom Locust: Theron Guard
    Starting Rifle: Flaming Hammerburst
    Starting Shotgun: Golden Gnasher

\\*// Achieved at 05:13 GMT on the 17/09/2011 on Social Warzone on Avalanche.

Completed Gears of War 3 Standard campaign on Insane, solo on 02/10/2011.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OO629

+shoot HoD in burst
    +camp the lift
    +play arcade and turn on helpful mutators

best way to do it.

(maybe you should have used a spoiler tag)

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Deucecake

it was incredibly easy on insane, we only died 1 time becuz we all went for ammo boxes at the same time, otherwise just all hug a different pillar and shoot, was a lil dissapointed in how easy last boss was compared to some of the other parts.
    TEAM KiLLJaCK

So like the rest of you I spent many hours trying to find the strategy that works for defeating myrrah. I have found what I believe to be the easiest way to kill her in these steps:

So for the first half of the battle it's pretty self explanatory and easy. Just down her and hammer her tempest in the HEAD.

Once the second part comes along you will want to have full lancer, hammerburst,and gorgon pistol ammo. So you'll have to bring down the tempest off the structure and for this first time, I used the gorgon at point blank range, pausing after exactly three clips to get ammo. I then put in a few more bursts into her back till she gets off the structure.

Then I quickly moved to the pillar to the right of the elevator (if you are facing the elevator) and took cover from the death ray. After the ray subsided, I sprinted to the elevator and took cover before the next ray. For this next part of her flying around, you must get ACTIVE RELOADS to have the best chance of success. Use whatever weapon you feel comfortable with for long range fire (lance for hammerburst) and shoot her mouth RELENTLESSLY. And for the theron guards, ignore them and they will generally ignore you. Spotting them for your squad helps some too.

If she is not downed and resumes her bashing of the structure then you have already last. Revert to las save, it's over.

But if you down her, clear the enemies out of your immediate AO and sprint to the ammo, get ammo, drop hammerburst for hammer of dawn and hammer the tempest as much as you can. IN THE HEAD.

She will then go back on the structure and bash it. Get your hammerburst, SPRINT to that elevator and nail her in the back with the most accurate fire you can give from your two rifles.

When she breaks off, DOWN HER again and fetch the hammer again (be mindful as you can of the Theron guards) and HAMMER HER IN THE HEAD TILL SHE DIES!

This should be the end of the battle. O and if you fail to down her before she mounts it at any time, you have failed. Revert, retry.

Tips to remember:
    ACTIVE RELOADS
    SPOT ENEMIES
    HAMMER OF DAWN HEADSHOTS

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Deucecakes View Post
    it was incredibly easy on insane, we only died 1 time becuz we all went for ammo boxes at the same time, otherwise just all hug a different pillar and shoot, was a lil dissapointed in how easy last boss was compared to some of the other parts.
    Its not easy by any stretch alone w mutators. I did not enjoy that boss battle, lol. To say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Also that strategy was without mutators. I believe one has only truly beaten it is without the use of modifiers. What's the point of playing on insane if you're just going to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgusmc View Post
    Also that strategy was without mutators. I believe one has only truly beaten it is without the use of modifiers. What's the point of playing on insane if you're just going to make it easier.

I did that once. Alone. No mutators. Never again, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fade To Bacon

A good strategy I used is when she starts grabbing onto the rails and trying to burn you, make her destroy as much rails as possible. Typically, she'll grab onto the rail that you're near, thus destroying it.

The reason why you do this is because the Palace Guards spawn on non-broken rails, so the more rails she destroys, the less Palace Guards you have to fight.
    Last edited by Fade To Bacon; 05-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGx Heaven View Post
    Team Essence will try to be at the next Hypefestation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranethar View Post
    This is really good for the community, now no one has the fear of coming last! Should get lots more teams now.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OverPoweredSoap

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentRock View Post
    So close.. Last mount and the queen broke through the glass and killed Adam Fenix. That's when I just turned off my 360 and said "F*ck it."..
    Wait, is there an actual cutscene of her killing adam, or does it just say: Adam Fenix has died.
    Last edited by ValeraPitiesDaFool; 05-04-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by U wot m8 View Post
    No.Go make me a sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxIncisionxXx View Post
    No. But I am ordering dominos. Want some?

MSgt. Shooter Person

I can't wait. I defeated RAAM alone on the most difficult setting alone in Gears of War. Queen shouldn't be a problem.

if someone need a hand add me when you are online , GT: DeeDee Speed
    i live in the netherlands so time is maybe different

ps sorry for bad english

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OujaStrike PSN ID: OujaStrike

i finally just beat it just moments ago cool thing was did not really see any palace guards
    Gears of War 2 Level \\*// accomplished 9/17/11
    Gears of War 3
    Level \\*// accomplished 1/12/12 Gold Wings \\*//
    Gears of War Judgment Re-Up 4 - 2
    Add me on Xbox GT OujaStrike
    Twitter

Banned

I guess I am the only one who feels that playing by yourself on this level is easier....

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A Lazy Theron

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    I guess I am the only one who feels that playing by yourself on this level is easier....
    Idk... 4 player arcade was easy/fun :P
    A LAZY THERON
    That hissing sound your hear is definitely not the wind...
    it's probably me catchin' some Z's...
    so please, do not wake me up unless you want to be nagged to death...
    Follow Me At:@_Theron

RAAM was easy compared to the Queen in my opinion. Not saying RAAM is in any way easy though.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xFOAxDRTHREAPER

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
    lol thats what I've been saying
    Goodbye to all the lovely times here on these forums. Devs and Mods thanks for the wild ride! I shall miss you and all the fun that has went on here! You shall be missed, and I hope to see you around playing the game(s)
    And I pledged to my word am true
    I shall not fail my rendezvous.

It seems to be more difficult with more people to me

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Omega Realities

Quote Originally Posted by A Lazy Theron View Post
    Idk... 4 player arcade was easy/fun :P
    Especially if you have infinite ammo and comet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dolan View Post
    It seems to be more difficult with more people to me
    It actually is. They make it harder the more people you have.
    Last edited by Omega Realities; 05-08-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    Ever Wonder Why Gears are so Big...?
    Gears Voices - Hear the Voice of the Gears
    Big Thanks to III LYCAN III for the Alex Brand code!!