Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ArcAngel 360

Default HORDE 2.0 Map Guides - All Maps Inc All DLC

WWW.HORDEMAPGUIDES.COM

**LATEST UPDATE** Depths. All DLC Maps now added.

Hey guys & gals, myself and a mate have been working on the map overlays adding the locations of the various defences etc in horde.
    The idea is to show you what you get from each base when you choose it as your starting point or buy additional bases during your games.

Ideally this can help towards Insane if you have a plan for fortifications etc.

ACADEMY
    AFTERMATH
    ANVIL
    ARTILLERY
    AZURA
    BLOOD DRIVE
    BULLET MARSH
    CHECKOUT
    CLOCKTOWER
    COVE
    DEPTHS
    DRYDOCK
    ESCALATION
    GRIDLOCK
    HOTEL
    JACINTO
    MERCY
    OLDTOWN
    OVERPASS
    RAVEN DOWN
    RUSTLUNG
    SANDBAR
    THRASHBALL
    TRENCHES
    THE SLAB

Fo in depth details on Fortification costs and upgrades etc check out this thread http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...on-Coming-Soon
    Last edited by ArcAngel; 04-16-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: More Updates!
    HORDE 2.0 MAP GUIDES CLICK HERE!
    (Detailed details on fortification layouts for each base)

Visit the main HordeMapGuides site at HordeMapGuides.com
    Joing our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/hordemapguides
    Or follow us on Twitter for our latest news and updates: @HordeMapGuides

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

TIPS & FINDINGS

SANDBAR
    Our Tips & Findings whilst playing Sandbar
    This map was played with 4 players.

Our first base was deployed at the Fortress (Black location on our map).
    Realistically this is a no brainer, only 2 entry points with cheaper barriers to deploy from the start to slow down initial enemies.
    And of course the huge vantage point!
    The first 10 waves using this base should be pretty straight forward you have the mentioned vantage point and entry bottle necks.
    The turret on the one side is useful for taking out incoming enemies. The turret on the cliff edge is only really useful once upgraded to Lancers or a Troika.

We did at one stage deploy a second base at the Cargo Ship (Green Area of our map) and ensured the two turrets were up and running.
    For a time our team was split into two using the two locations to reduce enemy numbers and pick them off slowly.

Having these two bases allowed us to keep mobile when neccesary and run to the next base and use the turrets to take out as many enemies as possible. The decoys & sentry guns at the cargo ship also offer good distractions.

During our time playing we had Berserkers, Brumak & Lambent Berserker.
    The Brumak always seemed to spawn by the Bunker location (Yellow on our map) and he wasn't very mobile. One of the turrets at the Cargo ship & the cliff face turret could be used to attack him to keep him distracted whilst another player went straight for the fuel tanks on his back.
    The lambent berserker has limited moveability on this map. She kept trying to jump across the water but instead just jumped straight up and came straight back down.
    The normal berserkers were a little more tricky, in this situation it's easy to get cornered in the Fortress, however the second cliff top turret can be useful if someone has a scorcher. Failing that keep mobile, take out the other enemies first. Fall back to the cargo ship, use the turrets then move on again.

This map may be one of our preferred maps to take on all 50 waves on Insane.
    Discussion Thread

OVERPASS
    Ok, from my experience this map is played very differently depending on the number of players you have.
    However the starting point in my eyes is the same. Deploy your first base at the Bridge location (Blue on our map).

With any number of players this is the easiest base to defend. A couple of barriers at the foot of the stairs will slow down all enemies enough for you to take them out quickly. Deploying the turret by the Scorcher makes this even easier.

With the barriers and turret you can easily get through the first 9 levels without much hassle. The boss level can be interesting if you get berserkers or corpsers as your fortifications wont last long and you can end up trapped. If you get reavers or brumak you generally have enough cover to take them and the remaining horde out.

Although this base can be easier to defend with 1-2 people, a team of 5 on this map is better spreading out a bit. This inturn spreads the horde and can prevent you from getting too overwhelmed. So the rest of this guide is working on the basis you have a full team.

Save spending too much money on the first 10 rounds (depending on hardness of course!). And when you can get the Office & Bus stop bases (see our map) established.
    These both offer well placed turrets and sentry guns for taking out the enemy quickly. Have 2 people in each of these bases. Your fith person should be up at the Bridge. This prevents enemies from spawning there so reduces the chance of getting caught off guard. This person probably wont score as well as others so it may be worth rotating this role. That said they have a good vantage point of the map an can do well with the Longshot or Torque Bow.

As mentioned before when it comes to the boss battles keep the same tactics. Have turrets available for reavers, brumaks or corpsers. For berserks the scorchers normally turn up at the bridge location. Have turrets to use when possible to take out other enemies and keep moving. Reduce numbers then go for bosses.

Using the above we managed to get through all 50 waves on casual without much of an issue. I wouldn't really recommend this map for an Insane playthough however!
    Discussion Thread

OLD TOWN

I have mainly been playing on Old Town lately due to the fact that I need to up my Turret level and the first command post give you 4 Turret spots so it's very easy to put money in to turrets.

If you are using this top CP then all the turrets are open from multiple angles so you will want to tag up walls (if you are playing solo) behind you so you have some sort of warning that locusts are coming. If you are playing with others then watch the backs of anyone on turrets.
    The decoy and sentry are very good at giving you warnings and distracting the locusts.
    As the waves go up your Turrets will often act as decoys for some Grinders and Maulers, they seem to like to try and destroy the turrets if they are close to them, especially the one on the left (as you look down the map)

If you are on the turret right next to the CP then be aware that every now and then locusts will spawn to your right. It's rare, but it can happen.

Most waves are pretty simple from this top spot and the locusts come pretty slowly at times in small numbers especially if you hang back near the CP.

Bosses are a different matter and out of the 10 or so times I've had Berserkers, 9 times the game has not given me any scorchers. Apart from this most bosses are easy. The reavers get stuck around the arch ways and can't get close (they can get the odd rocket through), Brumak spawns at the bottom and gives you plenty of time on a turret to destroy it's guns etc, Corpsers are as normal so just be sensible, Lambert Berserker is pretty simple if you are good at dodging, and you can use the beginning spawn area to get a good distance from it and be ready to roll.
    Gunkers come in to their own on this map though as they can throw gunk over huge distances pretty accurately. You can finish them quickly on turrets or as ArcAngel found the other night you can pop their heads with a single torque bow arrow.

As always, leave the bosses as long as possible otherwise they will respawn (or finish them early if they are easy so you can get plenty of money). I finished a Brumak very quickly and another spawned behind me in the arches so be aware.

With two of us staying at just the first command post we have got up to and through wave 30 only stopping due to lateness.

Discussion Thread
    Last edited by ArcAngel; 10-24-2011 at 06:41 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Reserved for future use

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tails 8566

This seems pretty cool, I suggest you do Overpass next since its my favorite map .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Cheers dude, overpass is a good map. Think we'll be doing that and checkout next.

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

Nice thread and the pic looks great and clear. Great idea.

Great idea and thanks for working on these.

I made a thread about Horde maps and people posted some of their good tips:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ts-on-each-map

I'm also going to update it with some more of my own observations. I got to play more Trenches (that is tough!) and had a successful run to nearly 50 on Gridlock, and made it to Wave 50 on Old Town but couldn't beat it. All of this was with randoms and no mics.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Cheers guys, Dom Knight do you fancy linking to each others posts in main post? Good post by the way got some helpful tips.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendaryOldSon

I'm liking this thread old son, 5ive stars.
    Horde is my favourite game type, so I'll be back.

How do I subscribe to this thread. (sorry, not very pc with the pc)
    Last edited by oldson59; 09-29-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    "Horde me up old son"
    Bring Beast/Horde mode to Gears 4

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by oldson59 View Post
    I'm liking this thread old son, 5ive stars.
    Horde is my favourite game type, so I'll be back.

How do I subscribe to this thread. (sorry, not very pc with the pc)
    Cheers fella, Horde is our favourite too. You can subscribe by clicking the Thread Tools at the top and the subscribe option in in there.
    We should have a big update after the weekend. Got some new High Res images to work with now.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MR T33ZY

Quote Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
    Cheers fella, Horde is our favourite too. You can subscribe by clicking the Thread Tools at the top and the subscribe option in in there.
    We should have a big update after the weekend. Got some new High Res images to work with now.
    Thanks for that tip. I also subscribed.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks mate!,

If you need any help on future maps or want some solid tips feel free to contact me

cheers!
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

| A-Lead Founder | Join the Revolution | A-Lead Website| A-Lead Forum | Horde-Teams Chairman |

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by [AL]Snipes View Post
    Thanks mate!,

If you need any help on future maps or want some solid tips feel free to contact me

cheers!
    Appreciate that cheers.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I'm going to start on our own A-Lead forum for our Horde-Team a "Tips & hints and walktrough Guide" for Horde2.0 for most maps , If it is finished I will also let you know , you might could use it in your future projects to maybe put those tips and hints with your base-station / fortification info.
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

| A-Lead Founder | Join the Revolution | A-Lead Website| A-Lead Forum | Horde-Teams Chairman |

So glad to finally see a thread of horde enthusiasts, mainly because the requirements of horde games and the rest of MP modes are most of the times opposed, so all general advice&views on maps are useless in horde. I'm a horde fanatic, have tried Warzone, Annex, etc. but just don't hook me, so I play horde 99,9% of the time.
    My GT is fenzof40, so if you are serious into horde, pls add me. I have a large friendlist to play with, but most of them are really nice people but play very carelessly, so I need to add expert players.
    One drawback of GOW3 is that now, with all that money to be spent on upgrades, 1 or 2 mindless players can ruin the rest of the team, since they spend money randomlessly from the beginning, and they even shout at me because I don't normally invest any till wave 15 or so...so when the time comes to get the real expensive items, no one has the money to do it.
    My time zone is Europe, so we won't always coincide, but many time we will; always play with headset, and though my listening skills are a bit rusty, I can handle pretty well with English.
    I think Horde requires order, thinking ahead, discipline, teamplay, and hate people playing rambo-like, exposing themselves and therefore the rest of the team...
    So for anyone with similar views, pls add me as a friend and let's kick some locust ass

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

There a couple of Threads being put together now. KillZone has a great one outlining all the fortification costs and upgrade requirements etc. There is a link to it in the first post of this thread. Slowly these threads will come to light, currently it's all about people complaining about the DBS!

MSgt. Shooter Person

There a couple of Threads being put together now. KillZone has a great one outlining all the fortification costs and upgrade requirements etc. There is a link to it in the first post of this thread. Slowly these threads will come to light, currently it's all about people complaining about the DBS!
    This is so true , I hate the fact it's al whining.. , please enjoy this game and the Horde part is awsome in this game!! wouldn't want it any other way
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Riyuko

Quote Originally Posted by [AL]Snipes View Post
    This is so true , I hate the fact it's al whining.. , please enjoy this game and the Horde part is awsome in this game!! wouldn't want it any other way

unfortunately people will always moan, can see why tho the game is perfect personally.

Anyway back to topic awesome thread have also subbed, looking forward to all insight you guys can give

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Thanks guys, appreciate the subscriptions and thread ratings.
    We've managed to put together some great new material which we will be working on this weekend.
    As well as picturing new maps and their defence locations etc.

Going forward we'll have a dedicated website to host all images etc. Which will allow us to offer a much better map guide experience.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Thanks guys, appreciate the subscriptions and thread ratings.
    We've managed to put together some great new material which we will be working on this weekend.
    As well as picturing new maps and their defence locations etc.

Going forward we'll have a dedicated website to host all images etc. Which will allow us to offer a much better map guide experience.
    Check your inbox I cam with a nice request ! cheers!
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Davados

looking well gd mate.

defo going to use that pic for help when trying to beat that map

MSgt. Shooter Person

Hope this is going to be stunning

I believe so! , keep the support coming guys and hope to see some results soon enough.
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Twitter account is now live: @HordeMapGuides
    Web domain is registered, just working on the content now.

This is awsome! I can't wait until checkout and overpass are done. You and your friends are doing an amazing job. When do you think the next map will be done?

Marrow Fiend

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Xx2KiLLxZoNExX

Can't wait to see checkout as well.

Thanks for posting a link to my topic on your thread.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey guys, an improved version of Sandbar should be up today and hopefully Hotel.
    As checkout is a popular request we'll be sorting that out over the weekend. Watch this space.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey guys, just a quick update to the main topic. Our final 2.0 release of Sandbar is up and it's in proper High Res now too.
    In addition our site is now up and running.

Cheers

Arc

MSgt. Shooter Person

Goodluck guys , looks promising so far .

I'm planning on starting a complete Guide for Horde from a-z for my Horde community on A-Lead will let you know how it works out Arc !.
    I wish you the best of luck with this and keep me updated and if you need info you know your source !

Once more goodluck mate!
    A-Lead
    Join the Revolution

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PsychoWARD23

I got 1-50 on Overpass last night, I could say some of the stuff that worked and what didn't work if you'd like

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Any input would be appreciated fella.

MSgt. Shooter Person

my brother and I played overpass all last weekend, and we found a couple things helpful:

-Unless you have a large party, don't over extend yourself. It was just the two of us and we had bought the base at the top of the stairs and the two on either side of the stairs. We had wires and barriers on every part of the stairs we could, but we were gettting OWNED because eventually we ran out of money and couldnt upgrade or buy anything. If it is just 2-3 players, only get the upgrades at the TOP of the stairs (the two barriers and two turrets, also there is a silverback there but we never used it). This way you are not over stretched and have all your firepower consolidated.

-However, being consolidated also can have downsides (i.e. Mauler at the Gates). To counter act this when it happens, let the guy on the turret attract the Maulers attention. Then the other player just leans out the door on the rightside of the staircase and pops him in the back, easy peasy.

-When you hit a boss wave RUN! If you stay at the top of the stairs, you're a goner. The map is basically a big circle around the stair case, so just start doing laps. The various buildings and alcoves on either side can provide quick cover if you are getting pwnd too.

-Don't upgrade anything in waves 8 or 9 of a round. It is pointless; if you follow my suggestion above, enemies will spawn in your base and destroy everything. If you don't follow my advice above, the boss will corner you and destroy you AND your upgrades. Save your money.

-And obviously, save your bonus boxes for when you need them (you do NOT (usually) need them on boss rounds, better to let your defenses go in 8-9 and use your boxes then...)

just my thoughts...
    Last edited by mattinthehat88; 09-30-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Originally posted by Vaultboy: 'Y'all done killed my giant laser-bee!'

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey everyone, quick update. Got Checkout fully documented so expect that up Monday. We manGed to do all 50 levels too. So got some pretty good tips to put up for that map also. Had requests for overpass & gridlock so they will be coming next. Got a couple if followers on twitter which is great.
    Last edited by ArcAngel; 10-01-2011 at 11:17 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Hey everyone Arc here. High Res guide for Checkout is now live over at our site.
    Overpass will be coming soon. New forum being put together for the site too, no DBS moaning posts allowed! lol
    Aim is for members to be able to post up their own tips/findings or ask advice for certain levels etc.

Cheers for looking. Spread the word!!!!

Arc

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Game650

here is a tip, play with super reload mutator! makes everything real easy, even insane.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by TaoTang View Post
    This seems pretty cool, I suggest you do Overpass next since its my favorite map .
    How far underground does it slide? i have only reached wave 36 on overpass
    Gears hurts so Go Hard or Go Home!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Not sure, we were wondering the same as it was getting very deep. But then we died! lol

Hey Arc Angel checkout looks awsome. You and your friends are doing an amazing job. Which map do you plan on releasing next?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperC-93 View Post
    Hey Arc Angel checkout looks awsome. You and your friends are doing an amazing job. Which map do you plan on releasing next?
    Thanks mate, appreciate that. Believe it or not this site & all it's content is being done just be two of us! lol

As for maps, we should have Hotel up today, if your on Twitter follow us as all updates etc are posted on there as they happen.

Arc

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Our Forum is now up and running, we have dedicated forums for each map and general discussion sections too.
    Forum is open to all who wish to register. Share your tips, ideas, findings etc for your favourite maps and lets get a really good Horde community off the ground!!

Arc

MSgt. Shooter Person

It should be called Whore Mode 2.0 after the DLC news release, you have to pay for fortification equipment now. I am sorry I get this at all. Next Epic charges for bullets. Ok, so they add in fortifications which generally don't do ****, then they want you buy DLC which actually exists on the disc and they send you a key to fix their fortification system that doesn't do ****. Nice.
    Last edited by MMGOW; 10-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast