Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lMauleR

Yea I'm too much of a noob to get any onyx without private matches. Maybe some people don't have the time to spend playing right now. I haven't even been able to play the game for a week because of 3 exams.
    Last edited by mauleriscool; 09-30-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    GOW 1: 1250 (Kills 11,892)
    GOW 2: 1750
    GOW 3: 1900
    GOW PC: 1000

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Steelwhip2001

I will have to say I am impressed with the first unlock OP. it is quite a feat to get something like that so quick. I persoanlly hate VS matches and have to grit my teeth through them to get any of the more easy acheivments from it. Far to old to keep up with all the twitch kiddies running around..now horde and beast are a different story, but I digress. I personally will never see an Onxy weapon. and really dont like the look of them so no big loss in my book.

however I will say dont be an ass about it. you really do come off as a child when you do.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LT PUDIE 42x

Quote Originally Posted by DawnZero View Post
    I keep shaking my head when ppl take things out on context. I never siad this or this is or isnt acceptable. I did say that killing bots isnt the way to show you earned it with skill. Take however you like but putting words in my mouth is another story my friend.
    Umm...

My personal view on farming bots to unlock things is simple, your too much of a noob to earn it legit. I think private matches should NOT count towards anything. Onyx will mean nothing when you can farm it in a day or whatever.
    Yeah you kind of did, you implied farming bots should be looked down upon. At the end of the day it's just a game it won't ever effect you're time spent with the game, how others get the unlocks is their own business.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jamieBAWSOOT

Meh, if I wanna farm for medals, i'm well within my rights to farm for them. You can't call someone a noob for wanting to get something over with as quickly as possible.
    Epic Forums, before I go, I just want to tell you... You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And do you know what?

So was I

MSgt. Shooter Person

i don't particuly care if you don't think private matches should count towards anything. what about people who can't get xbox live or have really sucky connections like me?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Pudie View Post
    Umm... Yeah you kind of did, you implied farming bots should be looked down upon. At the end of the day it's just a game it won't ever effect you're time spent with the game, how others get the unlocks is their own business.
    Once again dont put word in my mouth child. I never said it wasnt an accetable method oh earning medals, i said its the noob way of doing it. Thats how it is, get over it.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Once again dont put word in my mouth child. I never said it wasnt an accetable method oh earning medals, i said its the noob way of doing it. Thats how it is, get over it.
    there ya go..acting like an ass again..losing points with alot of people each time you open yer mouth junior

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LT PUDIE 42x

Lol, alright first off i said you implied it, meaning it's how people are taking what you said. You could simply apologize and word it differently and elaborate what you mean exactly cause you're OP comes off as you calling out those who play against bots as "newbs"... On a side note, name calling is both immature and unnecessary. Also i didn't put any words in you're "mouth" the quote is from the OP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwhip2001 View Post
    there ya go..acting like an ass again..losing points with alot of people each time you open yer mouth junior
    Trust me kid, i gave up a long time ago what people think about me over a game. So quite frankly, f off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Pudie View Post
    Lol, alright first off i said you implied it, meaning it's how people are taking what you said. You could simply apologize and word it differently and elaborate what you mean exactly cause you're OP comes off as you calling out those who play against bots as "newbs"... On a side note, name calling is both immature and unnecessary. Also i didn't put any words in you're "mouth" the quote is from the OP.
    I ment what i said no sorrys are needed for that. I belive i called them noobs learn the differnce. If you choose to take what i say out of the context of which its intended, thats your problem. From now on... ignored.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RMcNeil213 PSN ID: RMcNeil213

hey if i find an easier way i will take it like farming bots. since i will never be able to spend a crazy amount of time on this considering i have a fulltime job and a girlfriend who i prefer to spend time with then play this. so i wont hate on anyone for doing anything. but the fact you got it legit is insanity to me but awesome insanity. i wish i had the time you got to go out like that. i know i can make time but i just cant stop doing certain things considering i like them more than the game. getting laid is like 10g in life lol.
    Gears Of War 2

\\★//
    7/3/11

Delfino hooked me up with my Grean Liquid XBox skin.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ASKARI Kestral

Default Farming

I like gaining xp in private matches because unlike the rest of you, I suck at Versus mode online. Playing any of the modes in versus makes me physically cringe. I hate getting shotgunned and I hate the rolling, jumping around. I prefer to use cover and shoot, move, and communicate, not run around in the middle of the map blasting away at the nearest target. It's just not my thing.
    I can see your point though. Farming is definitely not an acceptable way to get the achievements but you have to remember they are producing this game for masses of devoted fans. Some of which cannot or do not play exclusively online. It was a good move for them to put the private match options in there. It's a good way to ensure that you don't get anyone you might not enjoy playing with and It also gives you and your pals options to do just pistols and shields, or shotguns and torque bows etc... All the favorite options and amenities of the 90's LAN party on Halo, Timesplitters, and Quake !! What's not to love ?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Grumpy Gamers

I'm sorry, sixty to seventy kills per KOTH match?! That's impossible, you must be lying. Like, physically impossible, there would be such a fast overtime cap rate that you wouldn't be able to play a match long enough to get sixty kills.
    1.5 Versus K/D 1.0 Versus W/L Insane Horde x1 Insane Beast x13 Insane Campaign and Arcade

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fermentor

Congratulations on getting the onyx retro lancer. What weapon are you aiming to get onyx for next?

MSgt. Shooter Person

Im a noob and I farm...YES!!!!

First legit not bot farmed retro lancer was unlocked. 4:20 AM 9/27/2011 (the 420 was not intentional)
    http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/o...927_033900.jpg Sorry about quality of pic it was taken from my iPad.
    GT: DawnZer0
    LVL 55
    4.0 K/D
    Gametype: KOTH

My personal view on farming bots to unlock things is simple, your too much of a noob to earn it legit. I think private matches should NOT count towards anything. Onyx will mean nothing when you can farm it in a day or whatever.
    Not to mention you dont learn to play better fighting bots. With a gun like the Retro it takes skill to use a farmed Retro Master will clearly stand out. And by standing out I do mean you'll sawk.
    Quick Question for the OP, since I figure you must know the true answer:
    Does retro charging count toward unlocking onyx?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Nello View Post
    Quick Question for the OP, since I figure you must know the true answer:
    Does retro charging count toward unlocking onyx?
    Yes it does, it also counts as an execution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Gamers View Post
    I'm sorry, sixty to seventy kills per KOTH match?! That's impossible, you must be lying. Like, physically impossible, there would be such a fast overtime cap rate that you wouldn't be able to play a match long enough to get sixty kills.
    Not impossible at all, once again just because you cant do it doesnt mean its not possible. As ive stated before dont belive me toss me an invite. Dont invite me expecting to be carried tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fermentor View Post
    Congratulations on getting the onyx retro lancer. What weapon are you aiming to get onyx for next?
    None quite yet, but probally sawdoff, or ganasher

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FANGER1984

Hey Dawn ZERO (i like how you have ZERO in your name because thats what you are, a big fat zero at life)
    anyway, at the end of the day you cant take critics at all about what is, you cant handle people calling you out without making an ass of yourself and you cant handle that people dont give a flying crap about if you get onyx legit or not, hell ill be honest i am farming and ive been at it for over a week in my spare time, since you know ive got a freakin life to keep up with like everyone else, and like most others who commented, we dont have the time to sit around at home to work on medals and such, we like to go outside and live life a bit every chance that we got, but you getting this in the first week just screams that you have nothing else to do with your time because you must be playing an insane amount of time , and that would be sad if you wee not such an ass with everyone who comments about farming and so on, you just seems to live for the hate and for these forums, and to be honest when i stopped writing here a couple of days ago i was sure that this topic would have died out but no you just keep coming back to try and justify that what you did was super awesome .

bottom line, grow up take comments and if you cant then i feel sorry for you and stop calling out people for how they want to go at it for the medals and so on, hell you hated that i called you out for farming kills in koth and i am sure that everyone is with me that its exactly what you did since you got insane amount of kills in matches( thats if you were telling the truth, and i dont believe that you were) and dont pretend that you where helping out in those games to protect the hill because we all know that with those kill numbers, all you were doing was going for kills and nothing more , and also with those numbers you are basicly calling everyone that went up against you bad players, since no one seem to have been able to kill you right back and again that just bull since i am sure that you went up against at least one person that would have been fed up with you and would have had some revenge kills.. anyway keep telling yourself that you are all that and that you dint farm even so you frown on the idea , and stop judging people, and above all stop being a prick and stop calling us kids since you are one in terms of maturity...
    Last edited by fanger1984; 10-03-2011 at 01:25 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

congratz! thanks for posting a pic, ive been looking for one. and the only onyx medal i have is for gettin 1100 kills in beast
    Instead of looking at it as skill, or looking at tactics, i just go completely off of faith, and it works fine for me.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shamgar823

Trust me kid, i gave up a long time ago what people think about me over a game. So quite frankly, f off.

then why did you post this thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aneimagos View Post
    congratz! thanks for posting a pic, ive been looking for one. and the only onyx medal i have is for gettin 1100 kills in beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    then why did you post this thread?
    The answer is above you child.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GhostofDelta2

First legit not bot farmed retro lancer was unlocked. 4:20 AM 9/27/2011 (the 420 was not intentional)
    http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/o...927_033900.jpg Sorry about quality of pic it was taken from my iPad.
    LVL 55
    4.0 K/D

Not to mention you dont learn to play better fighting bots. With a gun like the Retro it takes skill to use a farmed Retro Master will clearly stand out. And by standing out I do mean you'll sawk.
    How do you know it is the first?
    \\★// GhostofDelta2 \\★//
    My idea for a shorter Horde varation

Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

He doesn't have to. The very first you you said was you earned it "legit" because you didn't farm bots.

Its nice that you unlocked something that took dedication and means something to you, but you don't have to be an elitist about it. If private matches were not legitimate ways to unlock it, then Epic would not have intentionally designed it to be possible that way. Also referring to people as being children because they disagree with you attacking people that don';t share the same views is not going to get you many positive responses.

Gears 1 1250/1250 - Gears 1(PC) 1000/1000 - Gears 2 1750/1750 - Gears 3 2000/2000 - Gears Judas 1320/1500

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x C IR EE ID

With a gun like the Retro it takes skill to use
    ORLY?

When i inevitable do farm my onyx retro I wont even bother putting the skin on because simply showing that or the sawed-off means you just abuse the tools epic gave to lesser skilled players to attempt to enjoy this game as much as the more hardcore crowd.
    Butthurt? lol. (You know who you are)

Banned

Honestly kids like you think they are so hardcore but all you do is cry like a aby. Get used to the weps kid its part of gears now cry less

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Killahead

Sure, one can spray with the Retro at close range and get easy kills (although even at close range controlled bursting is more effective), but no gun is more satisfying to get a kill with at medium to long range. That's why it's my favorite, and for close range I pull out my Gnasher anyway. People will think whatever gun kills them is a noob one at that moment, it seems.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Killahead View Post
    Sure, one can spray with the Retro at close range and get easy kills (although even at close range controlled bursting is more effective), but no gun is more satisfying to get a kill with at medium to long range. That's why it's my favorite, and for close range I pull out my Gnasher anyway. People will think whatever gun kills them is a noob one at that moment, it seems.
    When (besides the Gnasher) has it been any different?

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IXxRolandxXI

Farmed. /thread
    м ° הּ ž ι є ц ѓ ΛΛ ę я κ ę и ž ć ę ´ и

"Where ya gonna run to, where ya gonna hide? TA-DOW!!!!!! Look who's waiting outside...."

Marrow Fiend
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Porshapwr

Quote Originally Posted by IXxRolandxXI View Post
    Farmed. /thread

This and that.
    Support a TRUE Capture the Flag game type in Gears Judgment:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=821690

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kmack11

Honestly kids like you think they are so hardcore but all you do is cry like a aby. Get used to the weps kid its part of gears now cry less
    Yup, they're a part of the game now. Doesn't mean that they weren't implemented for people with less skill though. Which they clearly were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    Epic didn't nerf it, they just can't provide us with a decent connection in our games 90% of the time.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

The answer is above you child.
    you posted this thread so people would think you are cool for unlocking a skin in a video game...

Redeemer

LVL 55
    4.0 K/D

Congrats on getting your Retro to Onyx, but how are you going to saying playing Private is for 'noobs'? I personally don't use the Retro or the DBS in MP because the weapons don't take skill to use and so when my team that I usually play with isn't online and I'm wide awake than I will go into Private to work on the things that I don't use....like the Retro or DBS. Now I can agree that if someone is playing ONLY private because they can't do good in MP than I will say that they should just return the game because there is no point in getting a higher rank or unlocking a certain unlockable if you ONLY played Private. In the end, congrats in getting your Retro to Onyx even though it is a scrubby weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBYCFOTA View Post
    Gears took the core mechanics of what made the multiplayer special and either removed them or mangled them beyond recognition. All this for what? To attract the gamer with the attention span of a nat who will play the game for a month and then go back to his favorite FPS or the next flavor of the month title? They're not the ones who are going to be buying all of the DLC and still playing the game 9 months after launch. That would be your hardcore fanbase, the one you've alienated with your changes to the point of no return. Remember them? Don't worry, you will soon enough.
    R.I.P - Gears of War = 2006/2012
    </3

Banned

I love all the hater kids in this thread. Everyone is so jelly.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

only hater in here is you junior. started from your first post and your hate hasnt stopped

and what the hell is jelly? that a typo or something? im not seeing anything with peanut butter being posted in here. got to be a typo

Banned
    Gamer IDs

*jealous
    i love how he calls everyone kids and children too, like hes a big man because of his countless hours played in this game

Skaarj

6,000 kills but you're level 55? Hmmmm, something is fishy sir. And also, retro doesn't take skill. But okay. I think you killed a lot of bots in a quick match lobby but thats just my thought. Lol.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: El SaNTo 325

Quote Originally Posted by fanger1984 View Post
    Hey Dawn ZERO (i like how you have ZERO in your name because thats what you are, a big fat zero at life)
    anyway, at the end of the day you cant take critics at all about what is, you cant handle people calling you out without making an ass of yourself and you cant handle that people dont give a flying crap about if you get onyx legit or not, hell ill be honest i am farming and ive been at it for over a week in my spare time, since you know ive got a freakin life to keep up with like everyone else, and like most others who commented, we dont have the time to sit around at home to work on medals and such, we like to go outside and live life a bit every chance that we got, but you getting this in the first week just screams that you have nothing else to do with your time because you must be playing an insane amount of time , and that would be sad if you wee not such an ass with everyone who comments about farming and so on, you just seems to live for the hate and for these forums, and to be honest when i stopped writing here a couple of days ago i was sure that this topic would have died out but no you just keep coming back to try and justify that what you did was super awesome .

bottom line, grow up take comments and if you cant then i feel sorry for you and stop calling out people for how they want to go at it for the medals and so on, hell you hated that i called you out for farming kills in koth and i am sure that everyone is with me that its exactly what you did since you got insane amount of kills in matches( thats if you were telling the truth, and i dont believe that you were) and dont pretend that you where helping out in those games to protect the hill because we all know that with those kill numbers, all you were doing was going for kills and nothing more , and also with those numbers you are basicly calling everyone that went up against you bad players, since no one seem to have been able to kill you right back and again that just bull since i am sure that you went up against at least one person that would have been fed up with you and would have had some revenge kills.. anyway keep telling yourself that you are all that and that you dint farm even so you frown on the idea , and stop judging people, and above all stop being a prick and stop calling us kids since you are one in terms of maturity...
    This
    (6000 This)
    Ranked #12 in Public TDM LeaderBoard on Gears of War 3 Beta
    http://i53.twitgoo.com/fbgfhv.jpg

When you are so Pro at gaming, the Sun then becomes your true enemy...

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ya Boy J Christ

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

That must be you...
    NANOMACHINES, SON.
    joey sanchezz is the man. Thanks for the Flame HB
    THANKS SO MUCH TO 25 C FOR THE JUNGLE TAI

I support the lifesaver movement. Get well soon, Melissa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12