Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

Default Freezing profile at load screen

If you have been having issues where you are loading into a game mode and your game freezes I need some information from you. Please reply and fill out the following questionnaire about what you were doing when your profile froze. Please answer EVERY question applicable.

Were you playing splitscreen?
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?
    Were you connected to Xbox live?
    If you were not connected to Xbox live:
    Is your Xbox completely disconnected from the internet or was your party type just set to Local?
    Were you playing with the Title Update?
    Did affected profile play in the beta?
    Is the affected profile Gold, Silver, or Local?
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze?
    What is the size of the device?
    Did you have Gears of War 3 installed to your hard drive at the moment you first froze?
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3?

What game mode were you playing?
    If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter?
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    • What Act and Chapter did you start at leading up to the freeze? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)

If Horde:
    • What level and wave?
    • What enemies were present?
    • What exactly was happening at the time?

If Beast:
    • What level and wave?
    • What locust were being played?
    • What exactly was happening?

If Versus:
    • What match type and map?
    • Were there bots and how many?

Are there any other peculiarities you noticed that may be helpful?
    Last edited by rykard; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Gears of War Judgment Tester | Epic Games

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: badbernard

playing split screen campaign offline, act 3 ch. 1 near the beginning of the chapter.

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dragonzzilla

Single Player, Gold Account, Sir! I was trying to get on multiplayer, sir!
    I currently have one infraction. It expires May 31st, 2013.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was playing split screen.Don't know wich profile broke.We where playing with two profiles.We were offline.Didn't play beta.Can't play anymore.Playing horde,trying to load a new map.
    Anyway i want you to know that i found this issue in Gears 2 too,my friend's profile can't play gears 2 anymore.Then i had trouble with Gears 3 because of the new format of the disc,fixed by trying to install it 10 times and it worked,played 2 days and now i can't do nothing.
    EDIT
    I have 3 accounts,one of them(the one that wasn't used to play split screen) works,but if i can't play with my account i will not play.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Patrick Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by rykard View Post
    If you have been having issues where you are loading into a game mode and your game freezes I need some information from you. Please reply and fill out the following questionnaire about what you were doing when your profile broke. Please answer EVERY question applicable.

Were you playing splitscreen? Yes.
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Pr
    Did you play in the beta?
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke?
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?

If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter?
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter?

If Horde:
    • What level and wave?
    • What enemies were present?
    • What exactly was happening at the time?

If Beast:
    • What level and wave?
    • What locust were being played?

If Versus:
    • What match type and map?
    • Were there bots and how many?

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles, mine and my friends.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? No.
    Did you play in the beta? I did, my friend didn't.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No, it always gets stuck and I am forced to reset my console.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? once, I got in, but I had no ammo count and the numbers 123456789 were on the side of my screen.

If Horde:

What level and wave? Casual, Wave 20
    What enemies were present? 3 Gunkers, Lambent and Locust.
    What exactly was happening at the time? We were playing trying to defeat the last gunker and he threw a imulsion ball at me. I rolled away and after the ball exploded, the game froze about half a minute later. We turned the xbox off and called it a night. Next morning it didn't work.

Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes, we were.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Mine was on my hard drive. (We played on his xbox and he has a 4GB. I just slot mine in.)
    What is the size of the device? 250GB
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? A picture of Marcus Fenix.

I hope this helps !
    Last edited by PatrickHewitt; 09-28-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Updated Information
    COG: Dominic Santiago
    LOCUST: RAAM/THERON SENTINAL
    LOADOUT: GOLDEN RETRO LANCER / GNASHER

EARNED MY WINGS ON 07/09/2010

[QUOTE=PatrickHewitt;29084039]Were you playing splitscreen? yes. but dosn't work when single either
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?. bottom and it repeated a number sequence on the right side all down the screen.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles, mine and my friends. wrw249hammer and mtwpolishhammer
    Were you connected to Xbox live? yes, but wont work offline either.
    Did you play in the beta? no.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No, it always gets stuck and I am forced to reset my console.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? once, I got in, but I had no ammo count and the numbers 123456789 were on the side of my screen.

If Horde:

What level and wave? any wave any level
    What enemies were present? N/A
    What exactly was happening at the time? not positive if it happend on horde or exactly what the first malfunction was.

Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes, we were.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Mine was on my hard drive. 120G
    What is the size of the device? 120G
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? A picture of marcus fenix, my brothers profile has a red and black gear symbol and he can play...

Ok I do hope somebody is really doing something to fix this problem... COME ON epic game like this comes out and certin ones are stuck on the sidelines for going on 2 weeks now??? What kind of compensation are we the certin few looking to get? im thinking at least a month addition to xbox live would be obvious and another possible weapon skin or character code would be generous... all im saying is that some of us have played all the way from gears 1 to this game and loved it, unless this is happening to your profile you have no idea what its like to have this game see it everyday and cant even play it because of a profile issue??? and someone else can sign in and play no problem??? Comment on this, lemme know if you feel the same or at very least stand up and ask epic whats being done? what kind of time table are we looking at for a solution to this problem? what kind of compensation for our "pain and suffering"? LOL... but seriously whats going on? whats being done? Please reply and EPIC GAMES I MEAN YOU! SOMEONE AT THE GAMESITE WHOS AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM... thank you...

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIII Dan IIII

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top, but both profiles broke.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? Yes, although I've been playing offline a lot too.
    Were you playing with the Title Update? Yes.
    Did you play in the beta? Yes, although didn't play any matches
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No. Not unless I play with no account.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? HDD
    What is the size of the device? 20GB

If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter? Act 1 Chapter 6
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter? At the very start, just after the first cutscene.
      Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? Only played that one chapter.
    Last edited by VVasp; 09-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Were you playing splitscreen? Yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Bottom
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live? No
    Did you play in the beta? No but other profile had
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? Only through a workaround which involves not signing in. Starting a match as player 1 then signing in during that match. Play online modes but as default characters only. Campaign still freezes. As do Horde and Beast.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No ammo count. When changing weapons -/0123456789; fills half the screen.

If Versus:

What match type and map? Team Deathmatch on Checkout
    Were there bots and how many? Full bots
    What exactly was happening? Signed in halfway through a match other profile was playing. Sent us back to title screen. Signed out other profile. Reset rank when it signed back in and started the numbers glitch when we began the match. Also unlocked gold and flaming retro lancer on my profile.

Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? It was on a MU
    What is the size of the device? MU is 56mb. Xbox is old model 20GB
    Last edited by NoMaD DiSTuRBeD; 09-27-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Extra Questions

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nexus horde

i was level 6, was player 2 bottom of screen, my tag nexus horde, my friends elite tigerfury (his stats reset) for me just freezes tho did get on once with numbers down side. we were playin on live with another player on campaign act 2. i did play in the beta, i have recently played gears 2. funny thing too when i joined him on live it unlocked a few achievements on gears 2 for me an on gears 3 i think a few weapon skins. i can play the hole game on both our consoles no bother with any other persons profile so dont think the disc or console is broke. like everyone else tried everything to sort it out. just looking forward to getting my profile working for the game again as it's really good game

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes

Bottom

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?
    Two Profiles

Yes

Both profiles which were playing played in the beta

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke?
    I managed to get into a Team Deathmatch game briefly but it froze at the end of the 2nd round I played.
    All game modes I try including Team Deathmatch will freeze on the loading screen.

The only way I was able to even get this far that one time was by doing the following at another users suggestion:
    - Sign out of my profile
    - Select game type and appropriate options but do not start game
    - Sign in with my profile (takes you back out to title screen)
    - Go in and start game as normal

When I did briefly get into the game I did not see any issues with the weapon HUD or strange text onscreen

Campaign

What Act and Chapter?
    Act 5 Chapter 2

Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    When the freeze first happened we were just taking the Silverback down the elevator and were in the middle of the fight after the elevator stops and you get off. Hope that is specific enough, I am not sure what other info I can give on that from memory.

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles, mine and my friends.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? Yes
    Did you play in the beta? No, but the coop partner did
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? I can't load anything to even check, but i don't remember seeing anything.

My game never froze while playing, just a few times while trying to play coop. Removed my friends gt that was on a flash drive and then it loaded fine. Tried to play single player horde on casual (don't know the level) the next day and it wouldn't work.

Also replying for a roommate whose gt is also now messed.

Were you playing splitscreen? Trying to play local campaign coop
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles.
    Did you play in the beta? Yes and the coop partner.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? Don't remember seeing anything.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles

Did you play in the beta? Yes, both profiles

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? Nope, nothing.

If Campaign:

What Act and Chapter? Act 5, unsure of the chapter
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? Just turned off the three generator switches to turn off the Maelstrom. The game froze up after loading the cutscene with Adam telling you to cut off the coolant. After turning the box off and on again, and loading the game again, my profile (player 2) had reset to level 1 (from level 9), my beta unlocks had gone and my campaign progress had disappeared. My achievements are still present, however.

How can we fix this? I don't want this to be another massive headache like the profile freeze in Gears 2.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yes
    Two profiles ( one on hard drive and one on usb)
    No
    Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?
    No
    Campain (4player co-op via system link)
    What Act and Chapter?
    Act 3 Chapter 3
    The start of the chapter

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post

yes
    Two profiles ( one on hard drive and one on usb)
    No
    Yes
    No
    Campain (4player co-op via system link)
    What Act and Chapter?
    Act 3 Chapter 3
    The start of the chapter
    Which profile started to freeze, the one on the harddrive or USB?
    Gears of War Judgment Tester | Epic Games

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by rykard View Post
    Which profile started to freeze, the one on the harddrive or USB?
    It was the profile on the hard drive ( profile name: The Ninja Nun ) that froze the profile on usb was fine.( hard drive was for an xbox slim 250G hdd)
    Last edited by lost; 09-28-2011 at 06:22 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Remove Yourself

Yes
    Two profiles, one gold (one that broke), one silver
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes, only campaign doesn't work. All achievement progress deleted also, although rank and stats remain. Can no longer select any of the chapters I've played either.
    No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB?
    Harddrive
    120GB Elite

If Campaign:

* What Act and Chapter?
    Act 5, chapter 5
    * Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    The bit in the lift after you drop the lights onto the tempest. The lift stops and you go through a service door. You then ambush the locust and the theme music starts to play.
    Last edited by HDB; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 PM.

GAMERTAG: x InSoMniA o

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles (x InSomniA o, HarleyRAVESTAR
    Were you playing with the Title Update? Yes
    Did you play in the beta? No, only downloaded it
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Harddrive, won't work on USB either
    What is the size of the device? 120GB, will not work on my 320GB Gears console either

What game mode were you playing? Campaign splitscreen co-op
    If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter? Act 5, Chapter 1
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? Just after the first checkpoint
    Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? Act 3 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 1

Been without Gears for 4 days now

& even if I delete my save data and campaign saves it still freezes as it is now linked to my gamertag.
    Last edited by naysilva; 09-27-2011 at 05:57 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?i was top but both me and my friends profile were unable to play after this problem started
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? 2 profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live? no
    Were you playing with the Title Update? yes
    Did you play in the beta? yes and my friend did not
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? only once which was in horde but it froze after wave 1
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? no
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? harddrive
    What is the size of the device? 120gb

i was playing arcade and we got to act 5 last chapter in 1 sitting from the start and took a break. we had the flower blood mutator on the whole time when we took a break we did horde perfectly fine up untill wave 20 then went to bed, the problem started the next morning when we wanted to continue the last chapter and it wont let us then we tried horde and the same problem happened again. so when i got home i connected to live and tried joining a match and it froze again

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes.

Top.

One xbox live profile (mine) and a guest profile provided by Gears called Player 1.

Yes, through my xbox live account, SilentAngel157

No, I do not believe so, unless the title update was the compulsory 2MB download.

No.

No. I get past the EPIC and Microsoft logos, and then the loading screen with Marcus and the Lancer appears. That loading screen remains indefinitely.

xBox Hard Drive that came with the xBox.

Standard, 4GB Slim Hard Drive.

If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter?
    Before I stopped playing split-screen, I had just finished Anvil Gate. I do not know which Act or Chapter this is. Although one thing happened at that mission. There's a little cutscene when you ride out to get Anya and Sam (I think), where a Locust guy kills a COG. After the cutscene, you're left standing there aiming at that Locust. That particular Locust for me was invulnerable. I couldn't kill him. It was after the death of big Lambet dude that we stopped playing split screen campaign. Hope this helps. Good to see you're working on the problem.

At the end. We quit before the next Chapter began.

Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)
    Started at Act 1 Chapter 1, went to the end of the events at Anvil Gate, before you go off to Mercy.

Hope this was helpful and that a fix is released soon. Cos I can't even access the main menu.

MSgt. Shooter Person

GamwerTag with the problem

WA5IF

yes

Bottom

Two Profiles

No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

HDD

20GB

If Horde:

What level and wave?
    Gridlock wave 1

What enemies were present?
    None was before match started

What exactly was happening at the time?
    Selected Character and weapon. Pressed start loading icon stopped spinning after a few seconds.

Gamertag: Proclaimus
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles
    Did you play in the beta? Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? Yes. One round of a public match of King of the hill before it froze again.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? When changing weapons during multiplayer the numbers 0123456789 appeared dwn the right side of the screen.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? USB
    What is the size of the device? 4 GB

What game mode were you playing? Campaign
    If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter? Act 4, Chapter 2
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? We were just starting "Crater". The slow walking portion had just finished when my wife's character (Marcus) started running and she couldn't make him stop. After 10 seconds or so, everything froze and we had to switch off the XBox.
    Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)
    We had only been playing for 20 minutes or so. We picked up the game on Tuesday and had been chipping away at the campaign for an hour or two each night.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Elite Gear 89

GamerTag with the problem

yes

Bottom

Two Profiles

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

HDD

150GB

If Horde:

What level and wave?
    Checkouts wave 1

What enemies were present?
    None was before match started

What exactly was happening at the time?
    Selected Character and weapon. Pressed start loading icon stopped spinning after a few seconds.

Yes.

Both profiles are unable to play GoW3.

Two.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

The screen goes black soon after inserting GoW3.

No.

USB, however other profiles on hard drive do not work either.

USB=8GB
    Hard Drive=13.9GB free space when purchased...not sure of exact specs because we were sent the wrong hard drive from the retailer.

It failed to launch a 2nd time. We had played Versus, Beast and Horde on the 1st launch without problems.

If Horde:
    What level and wave?
    Beat 1-50 on Trenches with casual difficulty.

If Beast:
    What level and wave?
    Beat 1-12 on Mercy & Old Town wit casual difficulty.
    What locust were being played?
    We played most of them both games.

If Versus:
    What match type and map?
    Execution to 5 on Gridlock. Checkout was to 5, but not sure mode...either execution or warzone.
    Were there bots and how many?
    Nope.
    Last edited by HerGrace0000000; 09-27-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerGrace0000000 View Post
    Yes.

Two.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

No.

USB=8GB
    Hard Drive=13.9GB free space when purchased...not sure of exact specs because we were sent the wrong hard drive from the retailer.

It failed to launch a 2nd time. We had played Versus, Beast and Horde on the 1st launch without problems.

If Horde:
    What level and wave?

If Beast:
    What level and wave?

If Versus:
    What match type and map?
    Execution to 5 on Gridlock. Checkout was to 5, but not sure mode...either execution or warzone.
    Nope.
    Both profiles have the Marcus picture.

Quote Originally Posted by HerGrace0000000 View Post
    Yes.

Two.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

No.

USB=8GB

If Horde:
    What level and wave?

If Beast:
    What level and wave?

If Versus:
    What match type and map?
    Nope.

Both profiles have the Marcus picture.
    I apologize, both profiles actually have the red omen.
    Last edited by HerGrace0000000; 09-29-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: imleelee

Angry

Were you playing splitscreen? yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? both
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? two profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live? no
    Were you playing with the Title Update? yes
    Did you play in the beta? no
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? no
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? yes( random text at the side of the screen )
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? harddrive
    What is the size of the device? played on the 12gb, 120gb and 250gb slim

If Campaign:

What Act and Chapter? act 3 chapter 3 or 4?
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? killing the new emulsion baddies???
    Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2) ??

i noticed b4 the xbox froze a peice of wood from a doorway i smashed froze itself onto the screen and followed me about for about 5 minutes??? hope this helps

Yes

Both

Two

No, but we were system linking. We connected to Xbox Live the next day though.

Yes

Both of them did

After it froze we immediately reloaded campaign and it froze again, after the second freeze we couldn't get past any loading screen.

No numbers for remaining ammo and when switching weapons -/0123456789 appears 20 or so times and covers right half of the screen

Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze?
    Player 1 was on a hard drive and player 2 was on a USB drive.

It's a new 360 Slim with a hard drive of 229 GB. The USB drive is 3.3 GB

Red background with a black crimson omen in the upper right corner kind of like what's on the title screen if the background was red

If Campaign:
    •What Act and Chapter?
    Act 4 Chapter 5

•Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    We needed a rotor and fuel for the sub, we chose to look for fuel 1st. It froze mid checkpoint when you have to move the ramp to board the boat with the crane for the fuel. The freeze corrupted the campaign files since it happened while saving a checkpoint so I might be off by an checkpoint or a chapter.

•What Act and Chapter did you start at leading up to the freeze?
    Act 4 Chapter 3

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Helinkka

Yes

Bottom

Two profiles

No

No

Yes

Twice I guess, there's a slight chance I'm able to play

Yes

Harddrive

250GB Slim

Red Omen

If Campaign:

* What Act and Chapter? Act 5 Chapter 2
    * Where exactly were you in the chapter? I was climbing the ladders, my brother was ahead me and just hitted the checkpoint
    * What Act and Chapter did you start at leading up to the freeze? Act 3 Chapter 2 to Act 5 Chapter 2

Don't know if this is relevant, but
    Me and my brother (Forum name: Veteran Gear, Gamertag: HaloJesse) both get reset after freeze. Lost all levels (He was level 31 and me 29), ribbons, medals, mutators etc. during the time we were playing offline (20.9. - 27.9.) He can play, I can't. He played to level 6 and got reset again. After first reset my brother didn't have golden gnasher and sawed-off shotgun (Veteran gear unlockables), after second reset he had them.

Playing splitscreen with 2 profiles (wes1970-top and brycart97-Bottom). Brycart97 is the broken profile. We were connected to live but only playing local Co-op. We have the title update. Also deleted update and still not working. Brycart97 did play the beta and has played multiplayer on and off since release. Now he is unable to get into any game mode. Profile was on harddrive/usb. I deleted caches saved games and recovered the said profile. Also tried multiple 360s. Did not help. We had just started this session of co-op campaign. I believe it was act 4 chapter 4, definitely ghost town during the cut scene after meeting the old guy who set charges on the pipelines. Went to load screen and froze, requiring a hard reset of the xbox. Since then he is unable to play any game mode. wes1970 profile is fine as far as I know. Also brycart97 has a marcus fenix icon on achievements list. wes1970 has the red omen icon.
    Last edited by wes1970; 09-28-2011 at 03:45 PM.

My friend cannot play any game type.
    It's definately a problem with his Gamertag as I can play on both mine and his console on the same copy of Gears 3 but he cannot play anything on either. He crashes just before loading of the level where on versus you see teams and select a character.
    Leading up to the break we were playing Horde.
    We played offline splitscreen he was bottom screen.
    We had the title update.
    His profile was saved to a memory card.
    We both werent involved with the beta...Spoilers
    We both have the red Omen next to our Achievements.
    We deleted all his gears 3 saves but hes still got the title Hardcore soldier tho but not the medal. He's now reset to level 1...And not happy about it. His gamer Tag is SikBagOnStandby
    Last edited by Master Massacre; 09-28-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Mean Panda

Were you playing splitscreen? No
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Neither
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Wasn't playing splitscreen
    Did affected profile play in the beta? Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? No
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? Hard drive
    What is the size of the device? 60 GB
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? The same one as always.

My entire Xbox keeps freezing when I start the game up at the menu screen. A message will appear saying "loading profile" and my Xbox will become completely frozen. I can't even access the menus. This problem started on the 24th or 25th of Septmeber (Can't remember exactly, but quite positive it was the 24th). Iv'e played several other Xbox games and haven't encountered the same problem. I've deleted and recovered my account, installed my game, and used a different GoW3 disc. I can still play the game on my other profiles, but my main gamertag keeps freezing. Any help would be highly appreciated!

UNSC ATHENS
    Were you playing splitscreen? No
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Wasn't playing splitscreen
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? Hard drive
    What is the size of the device? 60 GB
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? same one as always.

This issue started Yesterday around 6PM PST for me.
    I payed 60$ for this game and i expect to be able to play the game i payed for. FIX IT!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BPDark Knight21

GT: BPDark Knight21

Were you playing splitscreen? YES
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? TOP
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? TWO PROFILES
    Were you connected to Xbox live? YES
    Were you playing with the Title Update? YES
    Did affected profile play in the beta? NO
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? NO
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? NO
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? HARDDRIVE
    What is the size of the device? 60GB
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? THE INFECTED OMEN

If Campaign:
    •What Act and Chapter? ACT 2 CHAPTER 3
    •Where exactly were you in the chapter? NEAR THE END
    •What Act and Chapter did you start at leading up to the freeze? ACT 1

If this might help the pattern so far seems to be that the majority of Broken profiles were playing splitscreen campaign and only one of the profles seems to be effected my brother can still play all the modes on his profile, and we took a couple hours break and when we came back I couldn't play anything. Please solve this problem as soon as possible because it really is just game breaking and it should be your top priority.
    Thank you for time.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: missxslaughter

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Both
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? 2 Profiles
    Were you playing with the Title Update? Not as far as I know
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? Nope
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? Hardrive
    What is the size of the device? 250G Elite Slim Xbox 360
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? Red Omen
    Last edited by missxslaughter; 09-29-2011 at 12:17 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jellosnake

Default Twice today

Were you playing splitscreen? --No

Were you connected to Xbox live? --Yes

Were you playing with the Title Update? --Yes

Did affected profile play in the beta? --Yes

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? --Yes

If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?--No

Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? --HDD

What is the size of the device? --320?

Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? --Usual

Versus:

What match type and map? --Gridlock TDM Ranked

Were there bots and how many?--No

What exactly was happening? --The match had ended and it was loading the vs scren

This is the second time today and I'm really tired of losing XP for doing nothing wrong.
    \\*// - 9/4/2011 Gears 2 - 9/4/2011
    Seriously 2.0 8/1/2011 1750/1750
    \\*// - 5/11/2012 Gears 3 \\*// - 7/20/2012 Gears 3 \\*// - 9/27/2012 Gears 3 \\*// - 12/8/2012 Gears 3
    Seriously 3.0 3/20/2013 2000/2000

MSgt. Shooter Person

My picture is of Marcus with my xlive profile. With my other profiles, it's the Red Omen. None of my profiles work, before you ask. Further, I'd be willing to be reset to level one, hell, I'd be willing to have all my Gears 3 achievements reset as well if I could just play the game. I'd get them back pretty quickly... So if this reset is an option, please, do it my gamer profile as a test if you want: SilentAngel157.

Quote Originally Posted by silentangel157 View Post
    My picture is of Marcus with my xlive profile. With my other profiles, it's the Red Omen. None of my profiles work, before you ask. Further, I'd be willing to be reset to level one, hell, I'd be willing to have all my Gears 3 achievements reset as well if I could just play the game. I'd get them back pretty quickly... So if this reset is an option, please, do it my gamer profile as a test if you want: SilentAngel157.
    I think they're avoiding that this time around. Although, I agree. I don't care if they have to reset my rank and achievements. I just wanna play Gears of War 3!

GT: AteThePretzel

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Cant you reset everything and see if it works?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Snabes

Were you playing splitscreen? No.
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Not applicable.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?Not applicable.
    Were you connected to Xbox live?No.
    Were you playing with the Title Update?Yes I believe so.
    Did affected profile play in the beta?Yes.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?Yes.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?No.
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze? Internal harddrive.
    What is the size of the device? 512Mb.
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3?The normal black skull with red background.

If Beast:
    What level and wave? Mercy. Wave 9.
    What locust were being played? I was a Kantus, there was a Boomer, Grenadier Elite and one more either a Kantus or Bloodmount.
    What exactly was happening?Wave began, I ran to the left for cover and a COG ran toward me and went into cover. At the time of him sliding I began to blindfire and I could of sworn I heard the Boomer shoot and that's when it froze.

Are there any other peculiarities you noticed that may be helpful?
    Other than what I already mentioned no. I seem to be the only one who's game froze. My friend was still in the game with the other two randoms.

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Bottom screen (mine actually)

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles, my son's and mine

Were you connected to Xbox live? No, my son's xbox is not connected to the internet

Were you playing with the Title Update? No, retail game no updates.

Did you play in the beta? No

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? I tried to start from scratch a campaign but it didn't work.

Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Hard disk.

What is the size of the device? 20 GB.

Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? Crimson Omen I guess (the skull)

What game mode were you playing? Campaign

What Act and Chapter? We were in the Fifth Act, starting the Fifth Chapter

Where exactly were you in the chapter? Just after the animation transition, it started to load the game but it didn't finish.

Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? Act Five, fourth chapter up to the end of the chapter

Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast