Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Freezing profile at load screen

If you have been having issues where you are loading into a game mode and your game freezes I need some information from you. Please reply and fill out the following questionnaire about what you were doing when your profile froze. Please answer EVERY question applicable.

Were you playing splitscreen?
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?
    Were you connected to Xbox live?
    If you were not connected to Xbox live:
    Is your Xbox completely disconnected from the internet or was your party type just set to Local?
    Were you playing with the Title Update?
    Did affected profile play in the beta?
    Is the affected profile Gold, Silver, or Local?
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?
    Was the affected profile on the harddrive or a USB at the moment it first froze?
    What is the size of the device?
    Did you have Gears of War 3 installed to your hard drive at the moment you first froze?
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3?

What game mode were you playing?
    If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter?
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    • What Act and Chapter did you start at leading up to the freeze? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)

If Horde:
    • What level and wave?
    • What enemies were present?
    • What exactly was happening at the time?

If Beast:
    • What level and wave?
    • What locust were being played?
    • What exactly was happening?

If Versus:
    • What match type and map?
    • Were there bots and how many?

Are there any other peculiarities you noticed that may be helpful?
    Last edited by rykard; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.
    Gears of War Judgment Tester | Epic Games

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: badbernard

playing split screen campaign offline, act 3 ch. 1 near the beginning of the chapter.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was playing split screen.Don't know wich profile broke.We where playing with two profiles.We were offline.Didn't play beta.Can't play anymore.Playing horde,trying to load a new map.
    Anyway i want you to know that i found this issue in Gears 2 too,my friend's profile can't play gears 2 anymore.Then i had trouble with Gears 3 because of the new format of the disc,fixed by trying to install it 10 times and it worked,played 2 days and now i can't do nothing.
    EDIT
    I have 3 accounts,one of them(the one that wasn't used to play split screen) works,but if i can't play with my account i will not play.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Patrick Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by rykard View Post
    If you have been having issues where you are loading into a game mode and your game freezes I need some information from you. Please reply and fill out the following questionnaire about what you were doing when your profile broke. Please answer EVERY question applicable.

Were you playing splitscreen? Yes.
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Pr
    Did you play in the beta?
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke?
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?

If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter?
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter?

If Horde:
    • What level and wave?
    • What enemies were present?
    • What exactly was happening at the time?

If Beast:
    • What level and wave?
    • What locust were being played?

If Versus:
    • What match type and map?
    • Were there bots and how many?

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles, mine and my friends.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? No.
    Did you play in the beta? I did, my friend didn't.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No, it always gets stuck and I am forced to reset my console.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? once, I got in, but I had no ammo count and the numbers 123456789 were on the side of my screen.

If Horde:

What level and wave? Casual, Wave 20
    What enemies were present? 3 Gunkers, Lambent and Locust.
    What exactly was happening at the time? We were playing trying to defeat the last gunker and he threw a imulsion ball at me. I rolled away and after the ball exploded, the game froze about half a minute later. We turned the xbox off and called it a night. Next morning it didn't work.

Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes, we were.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Mine was on my hard drive. (We played on his xbox and he has a 4GB. I just slot mine in.)
    What is the size of the device? 250GB
    Look at your achievement list. What icon do you see next to Gears of War 3? A picture of Marcus Fenix.

I hope this helps !
    Last edited by PatrickHewitt; 09-28-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Updated Information
    COG: Dominic Santiago
    LOCUST: RAAM/THERON SENTINAL
    LOADOUT: GOLDEN RETRO LANCER / GNASHER

EARNED MY WINGS ON 07/09/2010

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IIII Dan IIII

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top, but both profiles broke.
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? Yes, although I've been playing offline a lot too.
    Were you playing with the Title Update? Yes.
    Did you play in the beta? Yes, although didn't play any matches
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No. Not unless I play with no account.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No.
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? HDD
    What is the size of the device? 20GB

If Campaign:
    • What Act and Chapter? Act 1 Chapter 6
    • Where exactly were you in the chapter? At the very start, just after the first cutscene.
      Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? Only played that one chapter.
    Last edited by VVasp; 09-28-2011 at 10:57 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Were you playing splitscreen? Yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Bottom
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live? No
    Did you play in the beta? No but other profile had
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? Only through a workaround which involves not signing in. Starting a match as player 1 then signing in during that match. Play online modes but as default characters only. Campaign still freezes. As do Horde and Beast.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No ammo count. When changing weapons -/0123456789; fills half the screen.

If Versus:

What match type and map? Team Deathmatch on Checkout
    Were there bots and how many? Full bots
    What exactly was happening? Signed in halfway through a match other profile was playing. Sent us back to title screen. Signed out other profile. Reset rank when it signed back in and started the numbers glitch when we began the match. Also unlocked gold and flaming retro lancer on my profile.

Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? It was on a MU
    What is the size of the device? MU is 56mb. Xbox is old model 20GB
    Last edited by NoMaD DiSTuRBeD; 09-27-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Extra Questions

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nexus horde

i was level 6, was player 2 bottom of screen, my tag nexus horde, my friends elite tigerfury (his stats reset) for me just freezes tho did get on once with numbers down side. we were playin on live with another player on campaign act 2. i did play in the beta, i have recently played gears 2. funny thing too when i joined him on live it unlocked a few achievements on gears 2 for me an on gears 3 i think a few weapon skins. i can play the hole game on both our consoles no bother with any other persons profile so dont think the disc or console is broke. like everyone else tried everything to sort it out. just looking forward to getting my profile working for the game again as it's really good game

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes

Bottom

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?
    Two Profiles

Yes

Both profiles which were playing played in the beta

I managed to get into a Team Deathmatch game briefly but it froze at the end of the 2nd round I played.
    All game modes I try including Team Deathmatch will freeze on the loading screen.

The only way I was able to even get this far that one time was by doing the following at another users suggestion:
    - Sign out of my profile
    - Select game type and appropriate options but do not start game
    - Sign in with my profile (takes you back out to title screen)
    - Go in and start game as normal

When I did briefly get into the game I did not see any issues with the weapon HUD or strange text onscreen

Campaign

What Act and Chapter?
    Act 5 Chapter 2

Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    When the freeze first happened we were just taking the Silverback down the elevator and were in the middle of the fight after the elevator stops and you get off. Hope that is specific enough, I am not sure what other info I can give on that from memory.

MSgt. Shooter Person

So i'll do a post similar to others

Were you playing splitscreen?Yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?I think bottom,or both broke
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?Two profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live?No
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?Sometimes i can play but it freezes agin,especially when traing to return to main menu
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?Nothing

What game mode were you playing?Horde

If Horde:
    What level and wave?Trying to load the beac map(don't remember the name)
    What enemies were present?/
    What exactly was happening at the time?Loading screen,after choosing character and weapons,timer goes to 0 than the loading circle appears and stops.

Please fix this!I waited 1 year for this game and i didn't give up when it didn't work,even if i changed dvd driving for like 4 hours,even if i talked to xbox assistance trought the phone for 1 hour and 30 min,i thought after installing it finally i could play.Please do something.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-27-2011 at 12:16 PM.

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles, mine and my friends.
    Were you connected to Xbox live? Yes
    Did you play in the beta? No, but the coop partner did
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No, it always gets stuck and I am forced to reset my console.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? I can't load anything to even check, but i don't remember seeing anything.

My game never froze while playing, just a few times while trying to play coop. Removed my friends gt that was on a flash drive and then it loaded fine. Tried to play single player horde on casual (don't know the level) the next day and it wouldn't work.

Also replying for a roommate whose gt is also now messed.

Were you playing splitscreen? Trying to play local campaign coop
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles.
    Did you play in the beta? Yes and the coop partner.
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile broke? No.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? Don't remember seeing anything.

MSgt. Shooter Person

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles

Did you play in the beta? Yes, both profiles

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? Nope, nothing.

If Campaign:

What Act and Chapter? Act 5, unsure of the chapter
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? Just turned off the three generator switches to turn off the Maelstrom. The game froze up after loading the cutscene with Adam telling you to cut off the coolant. After turning the box off and on again, and loading the game again, my profile (player 2) had reset to level 1 (from level 9), my beta unlocks had gone and my campaign progress had disappeared. My achievements are still present, however.

How can we fix this? I don't want this to be another massive headache like the profile freeze in Gears 2.

MSgt. Shooter Person

yes
    Two profiles ( one on hard drive and one on usb)
    No
    Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?
    No
    Campain (4player co-op via system link)
    What Act and Chapter?
    Act 3 Chapter 3
    The start of the chapter

Super Moderator

I've added a new question to the questionnaire. For everyone who has already posted if you could edit your post or reply with the answer.
    Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze?
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB?
    Last edited by rykard; 09-27-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post

yes
    Two profiles ( one on hard drive and one on usb)
    No
    Yes
    No
    Campain (4player co-op via system link)
    What Act and Chapter?
    Act 3 Chapter 3
    The start of the chapter
    Which profile started to freeze, the one on the harddrive or USB?

MSgt. Shooter Person

When was the title update brought out? I was last online on Saturday 24th September at about 8pm.

Super Moderator

The title update when live before the 20th. But you may not have downloaded it to you box if you never signed in to Live. I want to know if anyone had previously downloaded the title update then played offline or were they playing completely title update free?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

I was playing with the title update when my profile broke, and my profile was on a usb drive at the time too if that means anything.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Remove Yourself

Yes
    Two profiles, one gold (one that broke), one silver
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes, only campaign doesn't work. All achievement progress deleted also, although rank and stats remain. Can no longer select any of the chapters I've played either.
    No
    Harddrive
    120GB Elite

If Campaign:

* What Act and Chapter?
    Act 5, chapter 5
    * Where exactly were you in the chapter?
    The bit in the lift after you drop the lights onto the tempest. The lift stops and you go through a service door. You then ambush the locust and the theme music starts to play.
    Last edited by HDB; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? I think bottom
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? two seperate xbox live profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live? not at the time
    Were you playing with the Title Update? yes
    Did you play in the beta? yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? once, campaign
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? strange numbers on the right of the screen
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? USB, but i moved it to the hard drive and tried there to
    What is the size of the device? 8 gb

If Campaign: yes
    What Act and Chapter?act 3 ch. 1
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? right at the beginning

MSgt. Shooter Person

So i'll do a post similar to others

Were you playing splitscreen?Yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?I think bottom,or both broke
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile?Two profiles
    Were you connected to Xbox live?No
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing?Sometimes i can play but it freezes agin,especially when traing to return to main menu
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen?Nothing

What game mode were you playing?Horde

If Horde:
    What level and wave?Trying to load the beac map(don't remember the name)
    What enemies were present?/
    What exactly was happening at the time?Loading screen,after choosing character and weapons,timer goes to 0 than the loading circle appears and stops.

Please fix this!I waited 1 year for this game and i didn't give up when it didn't work,even if i changed dvd driving for like 4 hours,even if i talked to xbox assistance trought the phone for 1 hour and 30 min,i thought after installing it finally i could play.Please do something.
    EDIT(added questions)
    Were you playing with the title update when your profile started to freeze? Yes i downloaded 2mb update
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB?Harddrive
    What is the size of the device?11gb

Were you playing splitscreen? No
    Were you connected to Xbox live? Yes, have tried offline
    Were you playing with the Title Update? Yes
    Did you play in the beta? Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? A few seconds at best, but usually no.
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Memory Card, have tried on harddrive also
    What is the size of the device? 64 mb, harddrive 60gb

Freezes mostly before I into any game mode, might get a few seconds in game, and sometimes when looking through my stats. The first time it actually froze was when I was looking at my stats via the startup menu. Has always been the case with the game on this particular console which I first tried to play on Thursday (everything other game is fine), on a different console before it couldn't run smoother...

Seems my issue is a little different to the others so far, I don't think mine is profile based either, as it doesn't work with any profile....bah
    Last edited by gloomydirge; 09-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

I was playing Gears 3 online on 24th September, so I assume I have the title update.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Which profile started to freeze, the one on the harddrive or USB?
    It was the profile on the hard drive ( profile name: The Ninja Nun ) that froze the profile on usb was fine.( hard drive was for an xbox slim 250G hdd)
    Last edited by lost; 09-28-2011 at 06:22 AM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes, I have never played without the title update applied

USB

4GB

MSgt. Shooter Person

Seems like it's a split screen based problem, mainly. Just like Gears 2. What the hell....

Were you playing splitscreen? No
    Did you play in the beta? Yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? No
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? No
    What is the size of the device? 14 g or 16g

If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter?

If Horde:
    What level and wave?
    What enemies were present?
    What exactly was happening at the time?

If Beast:
    What level and wave?
    What locust were being played?
    What exactly was happening?

If Versus:
    What match type and map? TDM
    Were there bots and how many?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Elite Gear 89

Xbox Gamertag: Elite Gear 89

Yes

both

Two Profiles

Yes

NO

No

When I did briefly get into the game I had issues with the weapon HUD

Horde

Horde on checkouts wave 1

I was playing Gears 3 online on 24th September, so I assume I have the title update.
    Last edited by Elite Gear 89; 09-27-2011 at 07:18 PM.

i have had these problems

Were you playing splitscreen? yes
    If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? i have played on both
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? two
    Were you connected to Xbox live? no
    Were you playing with the Title Update? no
    Did you play in the beta? yes
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? no
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? N/A
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? tried both but it started on the hard drive
    What is the size of the device? 60 gb

What game mode were you playing? i have played all the game modes but the last one was horde

If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter? act 1 chaper 2 or 3 before the freeze
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? idk

If Horde:
    What level and wave? level 10-11 wave 31
    What enemies were present? none i quit when the wave started
    What exactly was happening at the time? i quit and then could not play anything again thats when it started to freeze

If Beast:
    What level and wave? i beat it on casual before the freeze
    What locust were being played? all before the freeze

was not playing splitscreen

I wasn't even connected to xbox live

froze when i turned the game on and tried to load my storage device

after several tries my stats were reset

I've added some of the following from my own thread:

I've played the entire campaign split screen with my son, with him as player 2. This was on the new type of Xbox.

In between our campaign playthrough my son had played a mixture of horde and multiplayer on the machine in his room, which is one of the old style Xbox's (but is still a fairly new machine). He was swapping his profile between the two machines via usb, rather than recovering his tag. Each time he would save to the machine's HDD rather than the USB.

We encountered no problems at all until Friday evening, when shortly after completing the campaign (which may or may not be coincidence), we started a private game of horde (split screen), after about 8 waves the machine suddenly froze.

From this point onwards he has not been able to access any of the game modes, either online, local or via system link. He can get as far as the set up screen (where you see your chosen charachter and weapons), and once we press start the screen changes, the little loading circle starts to spin and then the machine freezes and has to be powered off.

I have tried the following looking for a solution:

1. We have two copies of the game, no luck with either.
    2. We have 2 Xbox's, 2 old style and 1 new - no luck with any of them.
    3. Game installed to the HDD and running from the disk - no luck.
    4. Campaign save and player save deleted and then reloading the game - no luck.
    5. As per 4 but saved to the usb not hdd - still no luck.

He is able to play off of a second profile, but this is not linked to his beta save, live account, weapon skins and ranking (plus the wrong account is getting the achievements). As such, the sooner you can sort this out the better.

Thanks for the response. My sons live profile is Mars Destroyer and mine is Wise Nail (in case you need to check them out).

Sorry, I should have added that at no time while playing split screen did we party up with other people.

Were you playing splitscreen? - Yes

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? - Bottom

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? - Two profiles

Were you connected to Xbox live? - yes, but private (also player two was appearing offline)

Were you playing with the Title Update? - Yes

Did you play in the beta? - Yes, both of us

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? - Very Occasionally, but each time the weird number coding appeared too the right and bottom of the screen (0123456789 several times whenever the crosshair was used to change weapons).

If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? - yes, see above

Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? - Hard drive but also tried on a usb to no avail

What is the size of the device? - 16gb

We were playing horde on checkout

What level and wave - Checkout wave 8

* What enemies were present? - no idea I'm afraid

* What exactly was happening at the time? - We were bunkering down at one of the spawn command posts
    Last edited by Wise Nail; 09-27-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Super Moderator

Extra question for everyone who broke while playing campaign.

Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)

GAMERTAG: x InSoMniA o

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Top
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles (x InSomniA o, HarleyRAVESTAR
    Did you play in the beta? No, only downloaded it
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Harddrive, won't work on USB either
    What is the size of the device? 120GB, will not work on my 320GB Gears console either

What game mode were you playing? Campaign splitscreen co-op
    If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter? Act 5, Chapter 1
    Where exactly were you in the chapter? Just after the first checkpoint
    Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? Act 3 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 1

Been without Gears for 4 days now

& even if I delete my save data and campaign saves it still freezes as it is now linked to my gamertag.
    Last edited by naysilva; 09-27-2011 at 05:57 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nexus horde

I've added a new question to the questionnaire. For everyone who has already posted if you could edit your post or reply with the answer.
    i was playing with the update and my profile was on the harddrive which is 60gb

the problem is with the profile fer57

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? bottom
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two Profiles: bakuru57 and fer57
    Did you play in the beta? No
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? USB
    What is the size of the device? 2GB

Horde:
    What level and wave? casual. wave 1
    What enemies were present? drones
    What exactly was happening at the time? killing drones

If you delete the update fixes the problem. but if the download again the profile is locked

this problem happened to me in gears 2 also
    Last edited by bakuru57; 09-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Extra question for everyone who broke while playing campaign.

Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session? (Example: Act 1 Chapter 1 to Act 5 Chapter 2)
    Didn't get that far really, came home from a day out and as soon as we tried to load our check point ( for act 3 chp 3) it froze before we could connect with the other team on system link. The day before we had already done 4 player co-op from around the start of Act 2 up to Act 3 chapter 3.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Where did you start in and end in the campaign in a single session?
    The time when my profile broke while playing campaign we loaded up Act 5, Chapter 2 and did not make it to the next chapter.

I am less clear on where we had started the previous night, but I believe we started playing on the last Chapter of Act 3 and played through the completion of Act 5, Chapter 1, quitting shortly after getting to Act 5, Chapter 2.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PvtCaboose260

Attempted, stuck on loading screen before we actually got to play
    Would have been bottom
    2 profiles, 1on on HDD, and mine on an xbox memory unit
    no
    my profile had been on with a Title Update before, but first freeze was without
    yes, but save file was on a different hard drive
    no
    did notice a bunch of numbers showing up on the right side of the screen when we played on another profile and a guest.
    messed up while on a memory unit, still doesnt work after deleting it and recovering it to my hard drive
    512MB Memory unit (Microsoft official) and a 120GB HDD
    Attempted to get onto Horde

If Horde:
    ĽWhat level and wave?

Never made it to the game

Extra Info
    Tried on 2 different systems with 2 different disks. One online, one offline. All other profiles work except mine

Things I did to try to fix it
    Play with memory unit as storage device and profile on MU
    Play with Hard Drive as storage device and profile on MU
    Play with memory unit as storage device and profile on Hard Drive
    Play with Hard Drive as storage device and profile on Hard Drive
    Cleared Cache on both devices
    Delete then recover gamertag
    Delete all Gears 3 data from both devices (including my beta save so I cant get the stuff I unlocked)

Nothing worked

MSgt. Shooter Person

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen?i was top but both me and my friends profile were unable to play after this problem started
    If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? 2 profiles
    Were you playing with the Title Update? yes
    Did you play in the beta? yes and my friend did not
    Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? only once which was in horde but it froze after wave 1
    If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? no
    Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? harddrive
    What is the size of the device? 120gb

i was playing arcade and we got to act 5 last chapter in 1 sitting from the start and took a break. we had the flower blood mutator on the whole time when we took a break we did horde perfectly fine up untill wave 20 then went to bed, the problem started the next morning when we wanted to continue the last chapter and it wont let us then we tried horde and the same problem happened again. so when i got home i connected to live and tried joining a match and it froze again

If yes, was the profile that broke playing on the top or bottom screen? Bottom is the one that freezes now (Top screen profile still works but had its campaign history erased)

If you were playing in splitscreen, were you playing with two profiles or one profile and a guest profile? Two profiles

Did you play in the beta? Yes, both profiles did (separately but with same beta code.)

Have you been able to get into any game mode since your profile started freezing? On rare occasion, can get into warzone on xbox live but the "./0123456789" numbers pop up on the screen every time a weapon is changed and then after the match is over, when it goes back to loading screen with Marcus holding the lancer, it gets stuck perpetually loading. (This is the same screen it usually freezes on when I can't join a game, but if I manage to get into a game, then it just keeps loading indefinitely afterwards but doesn't actually freeze and lock the xbox up.)

If so, have you noticed any issues with your weapon HUD or any strange text onscreen? Yes, the ./0123456789 appears multiple times at once on the bottom right side of the screen when weapons are changed.

Is your profile on the harddrive or a USB? Top screen (that still works but simply had game history erased) was on 250 GB xbox harddrive. Bottom screen (that now freezes) was on a 2 GB USB.

If Versus:
    What match type and map? We joined a split screen xbox live warzone match on Hotel and thats when the .0123456789 started. After finishing the match, we backed out to rejoin queue for warzone hoping to resolve the .0123456789 issue. This is when it started freezing at load screen.

Were there bots and how many? Yes, but I don't remember exactly how many. Around 2-4 I think. (Mostly real players in the game)

MSgt. Shooter Person

Yes.

Top.

One xbox live profile (mine) and a guest profile provided by Gears called Player 1.

Yes, through my xbox live account, SilentAngel157

No, I do not believe so, unless the title update was the compulsory 2MB download.

No.

No. I get past the EPIC and Microsoft logos, and then the loading screen with Marcus and the Lancer appears. That loading screen remains indefinitely.

xBox Hard Drive that came with the xBox.

Standard, 4GB Slim Hard Drive.

If Campaign:
    What Act and Chapter?
    Before I stopped playing split-screen, I had just finished Anvil Gate. I do not know which Act or Chapter this is. Although one thing happened at that mission. There's a little cutscene when you ride out to get Anya and Sam (I think), where a Locust guy kills a COG. After the cutscene, you're left standing there aiming at that Locust. That particular Locust for me was invulnerable. I couldn't kill him. It was after the death of big Lambet dude that we stopped playing split screen campaign. Hope this helps. Good to see you're working on the problem.

At the end. We quit before the next Chapter began.

Started at Act 1 Chapter 1, went to the end of the events at Anvil Gate, before you go off to Mercy.

Hope this was helpful and that a fix is released soon. Cos I can't even access the main menu.

Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast