MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bitterluck

Default Well, Walmart Screwed Me

I ordered the controller and game bundle from Walmart.com since it seemed like a good deal. I received my game on release day, but they screwed up and never shipped me the controller. Now they claim they cannot send me a controller since it's sold out (even though the site still shows both the controller and the game with controller bundle as available). So much for a pre-order months in advance meaning anything. Does anybody know of a store that has a good price on the controller since Walmart.com won't honor their own pre-orders?

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Michael Zoran

I ordered the Limited Edition Gears of War controller and game bundle from Wal-Mart online, too. I am very pleased with the way things happened. Wal-Mart shipped the controller a couple weeks before the game was released. Then, the Gears of War 3 game was shipped one day before other stores. It was actually a great thing to have ordered from Wal-Mart.

If you didn't get your controller and you preordered months in advance, you should know that you were not supposed to receive the game and controller on the same day. The controller was shipped before the game. In all probability, the controller was either stolen from your mail or was lost in shipping. You wouldn't have known this, since you wouldn't be expecting to receive the controller so soon -- long before the release of the game.

I have a couple friends who just bought the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition controller from Wal-Mart stores. Both Wal-Mart and Gamestop have the controller in stock, although Wal-Mart has the best price. Even Best Buy had it in stock, although Best Buy had the worst price (as usual, and the worst customer service...I'm glad Best Buy is going to be out of business soon).

If I were you, I would ask to speak to a manager at Wal-Mart at one of their 800 numbers. It sounds like they are willing to work with you, but they just don't have it in stock online (apparently). Ask them if you can find a controller in one of the Wal-Mart stores, will that solve the problem. If they try to say the online store and the other stores are separate I have another solution. Just buy the controller in the store. Then, cancel your order online. When they ask you to return it, you need to point out you never received the controller. You also need to make sure the item was delivered to your home and on what date. When you gather that information, you will realize the controller was either stolen from your mailbox or porch, or it was lost in the shipping process.

I hope this helps you out.

That controller really is cool. It feels great. It has a nice rubber grib on the analog sticks, and the d-pad is one of the new ones where you get to choose how it is located as either an 8-way or 4-way position.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bitterluck

Quote Originally Posted by mike_mgoblue View Post
    If you didn't get your controller and you preordered months in advance, you should know that you were not supposed to receive the game and controller on the same day. The controller was shipped before the game. In all probability, the controller was either stolen from your mail or was lost in shipping. You wouldn't have known this, since you wouldn't be expecting to receive the controller so soon -- long before the release of the game.
    Nope. They screwed up my order in their system (it didn't even show the controller on the order summary page, only when you actually clicked on the order itself)and never even shipped the controller. For some reason, their order summary had V: Season 2 on DVD in my order instead of the controller. And I never even looked at V, let alone ordered it

Quote Originally Posted by mike_mgoblue View Post
    If they try to say the online store and the other stores are separate I have another solution. Just buy the controller in the store.
    Yep, got that line from them too. And I really would like to get it for the price that I was supposed to get it for when I ordered the bundle explicitly for that reason, which I doubt is the in-store price. It ticks me off to no end that I get this story about it being out of stock on walmart.com yet it still show as "In Stock" on the site. I do appreciate you trying to help though.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Da Snowman144

Hey I work at a Wal mart in Iowa now I'm not sure if we can do this but I can give you my stores number an you can see if they could some how ship you one as we have them in stock just for management explain the whole sitituation with your order an see if that will work to get you one.
    Gears Of War - 950/1250
    Gears Of War2 - 1700/1750
    Gears Of War3 - 1550/2000 VG - 9/3/2010
    Savage Kantus - Gnasher - Hammerburst
    Civil Anya - Gnasher - Hammerburst

MSgt. Shooter Person

Were you charged the price of the controller and game together?? I'd imagine its close to 120 bucks for the 2 together. Perhaps slightly cheaper. If its on your bank statement or credit card... go in the store and show them the order with the dvd and game and the bank/cc statement. I'm sure a season of a show wouldn't be that much. Did you get the season too or just the game?? If so return the season, use the credit for the controller, or if they charged for the controller price and just accidentally sent you the dvd at controller price... ask how in the hell a season of a crappy show is 50-60 bucks. Bring proof and you should be fine. Good luck dude.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sticky T Fox

Unfortunately, a pre-order is you paying for something before you get it, and little more. It's one way that companies like Epic and MS and Walmart can tighten up the gap between capital investment and influx of revenue, and all they need to do is convince you you're getting something good in exchange for loaning them your cash at 0% interest. Pre-orders do occasionally go unfulfilled, unfortunately. I'm sure Walmart will give you a refund if you ask, esp. if you used a credit card.

But won't you get it eventually? If Best Buy and Gamestop have it, I'm sure Walmart will eventually get it back.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LunaXJJ

Walmart is a whore; it screws a lot of people.

Boomshot

Quote Originally Posted by LunaXJJ View Post
    Walmart is a whore; it screws a lot of people.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ruthless Pro

That's why you don't order things when wal mart is right around the corner.
    COG - ANYA/DIZZY/The Carmine's/HOFFMAN
    "If you say I'm from the new age I'd say check ur tone and watch yo mouth if they teaching how to sawed off I'm condoning droppin out." - Ruthless Pro
    LOCUST - SNIPER/SAVAGE THERON/KANTUS
    Gears of War 3 - RED BULL GAVE ME \\★// on 10/16/2011