Default gamertag freeze is starting again!!!

as of today numerous people are having their gamertag logged out again, this happened to me the last day of the gears 2 xp event, i could not play on my gamertag. now i see on on 360chieves that there is a run on this again w/gears 3.
    we want to play the game not walk on eggshells everytime we log on wondering if we did something wrong...and what is it people are doing wrong
    this is the 3rd game in the series this should be intuitive by now
    gt BADGUYSKI
    i don't want this to happen again, most people work almost an entire day to save the $60 for a game.
    please help us

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AHal PSN ID: adamh10

Sorry, I'm trying to figure out what your issue is? It sounds like you were disconnected from Xbox Live or something. Can you not play right now or something? Were you able to sign right back in and play afterwards?

If so, likely a network disconnect...

Cheers

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kissker

Entire day? How bout saving for months with todays economy to buy the Retro Lancer + GoW3 Slim Xbox360 and then finding out you get screwed by microsoft on the content transfer from a data corruption from the beta save to the new harddrive.

Epic didn't think this out at all. Very disappointing, just like every other company - cutting corners to save money, when honestly they make more money then anyone needs.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vIv DEADMAN vIv

I think the OP is talking about people being locked out of Gears because their gamertag is corrupted. Hapened to alot of people who split screened Gears 2. Basicall causing the effected gamertag to freeze the game when the Updating Network screen arrives. You could still playother games online without issue and only effected Gears. To fix it you had to load the training missions with an active account and then sign out and into the corrupted profile. To avoid this make sure to always sign in to your profiles at the dashboard, prior to starting the game.

Super Moderator

Yeah, I need you to be very descriptive on what is happening to your gamertag, when did it start happening, and what were you doing leading up to this happening?
    Gears of War Judgment Tester | Epic Games

yes it's the gamertag lockout, for instance on the last day of the gears 2 xp event i went to log on and got a black screen. my wifes gt was fine but as soon as i signed in black screen and had to restart the xbox. deadman has it spelled out above.
    i'm ****tin bricks here now cuz a pile of people have just posted today on xbox here is an example
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=331232

and i play splitscreen with my wife exclusively most days, i just want to put the disc in and play like every other game.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by rykard View Post
    Yeah, I need you to be very descriptive on what is happening to your gamertag, when did it start happening, and what were you doing leading up to this happening?
    Here's whats happening with mine http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ed-Broken-Game Glitched to hell.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Your chance to get it resolved is here bud. See RYKARD. He's w/ Epic and needs to know what happened. Lay it out for him.

i am just giving a heads up so they can tweek this before it's a calamity, this same thing happened big time in the weeks leading up to gears 3 on gears 2 discs

when you try to sign in it locks up the 360, almost always you can sign in offline or with another gt but the "corrupted" gt freezes the xbox 360 and you have to do a hard shutdown.
    it was all over the gears 2 forum especially the last weeks leading to gears 3???!!!!???

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

I guess I will say actually something that I have noticed an increase of in Gears 3 is dashboard freeze-ups when clicking the guide button while Gears 3 is running - whether it's after receiving a message, opening a gamer profile, or just pushing it in general. Sometimes I'll have to wait up to a minute for it to unfreeze if I don't turn the console off, sometimes it just freezes up and a shut down is needed.

I'm not sure if that's related to your issue or not, but you reminded me of it so I thought I'd post. It doesn't happen all the time, and it can happen in other games too, but I've definitely noticed it more since getting Gears 3.

Xbox 360 Slim.

Cheers

Super Moderator

Alright everyone, this has just become top priority for me. Everyone recount what the last things you were doing before your profile broke. What gametype were you playing? Were you in a party? Ranked or Public? Splitscreen? When did you leave the game? What was your rank? DETAILS!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

The man is all ears...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Alright everyone, this has just become top priority for me. Everyone recount what the last things you were doing before your profile broke. What gametype were you playing? Were you in a party? Ranked or Public? Splitscreen? When did you leave the game? What was your rank? DETAILS!
    Awesome, thanks for actively helping out.

I haven't personally experienced what the OP is talking about, but when I open the Guide occasionally (seems to always be after receiving a game invite or party invite) it freezes up for a long period of time, sometimes forcing a restart. This has happened to me at the main menu as well as in games (public Team Deathmatch). It's not often, but occasional. It has happened at various ranks for me.

It maybe be completely unrelated and could just be a dashboard problem, but thought I'd post it nonetheless.

Cheers!

Super Moderator

Come on people. I want to get this fixed, talk to me.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Come on people. I want to get this fixed, talk to me.
    There is a number of threads on here about this problem:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...keeps-freezing
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-any-game-type
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ed-Broken-Game
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...-Problem-*****
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...le-game-freeze

All with the same problem and most caused by a split screen glitch that resets player 1's rank and freezes player 2's account from doing anything.

Super Moderator

This is incredibly helpful, thank you.

hello, my gears of war has worked just fine for a week. then last night i purchased the season pass that gears is promoting. after i purchased it and downloaded it, it freezes every time i go into a QUICK MATCH TEAM DEATHMATCH. i get pass the loading screen and then after i get a kill or 2, my game just freezes. so angry! i love gears and i just wasted 30 bucks! please help me.