Thread: Custom MP_Maps

Post Custom MP_Maps

Hello!

I play Gears for a long time and I have already bored with normal maps. Without using the tutorials (but with my friends help :P), I managed to create two maps. And here they are:
    MP_Colloseum
    MP_Torment
    Screens are Here:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/bmbr1990/images
    I will be happy if you will share with me your opinions about those maps.
    Last edited by bmbr1990; 09-22-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Palace Guard

Problem with mp maps is it's very hard to get a couple of people together, I'm sure we'll see a post down here saying "horde and lance port".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheronDevil

Juggernut is right. There is no point in making mp maps today, better convert them to lance or something. I'll check them later when I get back from work.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lambent Veteran

Colloseum looks pretty cool. And yes, JUG is right, I'd port it to Horde, Beast or Lance.
    Founder/Director for PWE
    QA for BM Team
    Betrayl | Pendulum Wars Elite

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ardanui

cuz today there is no many people playing multiplayer with custom maps
    Last edited by ardeadnui639; 09-23-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Boomshot

Dear theron , i hope you can make more Horde version, lance is too short.......thanks!~~~

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Drone

Ah I remember Vermingo/ I VEER I showing me WIP screenshots of these maps a couple of months back. They look great man

THX Everyone!

I thought about creating a horde mode of those maps, but the single most important problem is kismet, my Achilles heel. If someone wants to create horde/lance port i can upload non-built maps

MSgt. Shooter Person

Quote Originally Posted by bmbr1990 View Post
    THX Everyone!

I thought about creating a horde mode of those maps, but the single most important problem is kismet, my Achilles heel. If someone wants to create horde/lance port i can upload non-built maps
    Yeah, uncooked versions would be nice, especially mp_torment, wich looks the sexiest in my opinion. At least I will use it, not right now, but later on. I once tried copy pasting from coocked version, but it had bugs and terrain issues. Upload non-built maps if you dont mind.
    And for horde you dont nesesarily need something fancy, I did something passable without knowledge or experience of any kind, the cool stuff is da one that takes months or years though, like money system.

Boomshot

Ah, waiting for Bob's new work.............

Palace Guard

Quote Originally Posted by XxXbObXxX View Post
    the cool stuff is da one that takes months or years though, like money system.
    That reminds me to add a money system for buying weapons and certain ..... things .... for my mod, hehe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitpawz View Post
    Glue a camera to the back of the bowl? Why would you want to make that kind of movie anyway? It's sick.

MP_torment uncooked version
    MP_Colloseum uncooked version
    Here you have uncooked version, feel free to add horde/lance additions or repair some bugs ;P

And for horde you dont nesesarily need something fancy, I did something passable without knowledge or experience of any kind, the cool stuff is da one that takes months or years though, like money system.
    One thing i've done with kimset, which was playing sound (from Quake 3 i think, I don't remember now) at player spawn.... but every player on map heard that sound (only currently respawning player should hear that) so i throw it out :P

PS one more question, is it possible to compile/cook your own *.u file through Wargame-G4WLive.exe?

Boomshot

Lightbulb

i hope these mp port to Horde as well..........