Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default Sawed-Off Shotgun change or revolt in place.

    Ok so we all know how cheap the weapon is... And I just want to makea comment that a TON of my friends and there friends are going to take back the game because of the sawed-off in multiplayer..... its an OVERKILL never played gears before type of weapon.... a person who knows how to double tap the a button and roll can kill anyone up 2 4 times..... with that weapon and be absolutely terrible and pathedic.... we need ot start a petition to EPIC to make it a power weapon... or jus completly gone.... this is seriously the biggest buzz kill ive ever had...... even worse than when my dad walked in on me having sex wiith his wife... HAHAHA jk for real tho... TAKE AWAY THE SAWED OFF OR FIX IT BEFORE PEOPLE TAKE BACK THIS GAME

  2. #2

    Default

    I can see not liking the DBS, but not taking back the game because of it. If you are taking back the game SOLELY because of the DBS then there is something wrong with you... Just IMO.

    The only thing I see wrong with the DBS is the fact that the gib range on it is further than the down/gib range on the gnasher.

  3. #3
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default

    nah bro not worth it.... they dont deserve all the cash for a weak ass multiplayer.....

  4. #4
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    634
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DownClown73

    Default

    I think the DBS provides people the incentive to actually analyze the scenario they're in and how they can manipulate their environment to overcome the camper.

    For instance, in Gears 1 and 2, it was just rush with gnasher, wallbounce and hopefully win. That is no longer the only way (and in most cases its the wrong way) to pick someone out of cover.

    In Gears 3, you have a wide array of ways to get that camper. Get the digger or nades. Flank him and use your rifle/shotgun. Spot him so you and your team can gank him.

    I freaking love the possibilities.
    Chicks dig the guys who play as Baird.

    "You come down here and see how you like it. There's room for one more, it's a f'cking party down here."

    Big thanks to xGEARHEADx for the Oberto code!

  5. #5
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Go ahead.

    This will be hilarious.

  6. #6
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomebendr View Post
    Go ahead.

    This will be hilarious.

    lol done.


    )))))))))))))

  7. #7
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: AlphaLieutenant

    Default

    LOL you mad bro?
    OH YEAH!!! Look at you! You were talking all this good $#*@ a second ago, then you got KICKED. IN. YOUR. CHEST!!!

    -The Boondocks

  8. #8
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    195
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Dr Ritter

    Default

    Epic has your money already taking the game back would do nothing except make you look like an idiot

  9. #9
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaLieutenant View Post
    LOL you mad bro?
    ---- this jus made my night... yea mad brahhhhhhhhhhhhh and if u arent... well wait awhile till u get tired of the noob tube... and ull understand.........

    lets say it together uuuuuuuuuuu maddddddddddddddddddddd brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

  10. #10
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Posts
    341
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hate on G

    Default

    Taking your game back because you are mad??? Good job.

  11. #11
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan ritter View Post
    Epic has your money already taking the game back would do nothing except make you look like an idiot
    ur a joke i take it back and get my 70 -80$ back...... and not havea worthless game hahahaha and me an idiot no.... i speak for the THOUSANDS that hate the DBS.... soo let me say this nicely.... **** off ryan

  12. #12
    Skaarj
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southern Illinois (near St. Louis)
    Posts
    24
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pSc x dontblink

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hate on G View Post
    Taking your game back because you are mad??? Good job.
    u mad bro?

  13. #13
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,521
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: T0PP HATT

    Default

    deleted......
    Last edited by T0PP HATT; 09-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,521
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: T0PP HATT

    Default

    Well I can honestly say I've only been killed with it a few times. Not many times at all. I don't have no problems with using strategy to take someone out with the dbs.
    If someone is rushing you with the dbs and gets close enough to kill you, then that's your fault and your friends fault!!! There's a multitude of weapons and the
    like to easily stop it. Instead of rushing in and thinking your gonna gnasher someone to pieces you might wanna rethink your strategy...
    The guns and the game is great the way it is...
    Sorry you're butthurt...

  15. #15
    Boomshot
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,521
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: T0PP HATT

    Default

    You "speak for the [U]thousands[U]"... LOL, I'm "sure" you do...

  16. #16
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaLieutenant View Post
    LOL you mad bro?
    Yeah he mad LMAO
    Jordan wasn't the greatest just because he could dunk.
    It was because he had an all around game...Do you?

  17. #17
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    344
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: AlphaLieutenant

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fee$nom View Post
    Yeah he mad LMAO
    Lol I mean, the DBS can be frustrating at times, but its in no way this impossible thing to deal with like many people are making it out to be. Remember, this isn't Gears 1 or 2.
    OH YEAH!!! Look at you! You were talking all this good $#*@ a second ago, then you got KICKED. IN. YOUR. CHEST!!!

    -The Boondocks

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    311
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JJags32MJD

    Default

    I think the DBS could be the death of this game, kind of like the noob tube. If they don't at least make it to what they said they would I could see it getting old very quick.

  19. #19
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,063
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NicodemusX0

    Default

    I learned how to deal with it in the beta... Keep distance, and the players with it start looking like noobs. Fake them out... Act like your going to a corner and watch them come out and two shot um down. Also if there is no teamwork... you probably will be overran with any weapon.

    With the "NO DOWN" fix... I think the sawed off is perfect.

  20. #20
    Iron Guard
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    799
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Z4ULIK

    Default

    I use the DBS. I'm good with the gnasher but I just prefer the DBS for some reason. I don't normally run away though. I shoot the person, bam! dead! lol. Cheap? no. I often miss because I'm out of range. The reload takes forever and is a major liability. If i miss a shot I switch to my hammy and hip fire and hope for the best. Also, i feel a DBS vs Gnasher fight is a fair fight. In the right hands the gnasher is a great counter due to it's distance. As long as the player keeps his distance I usually have to give up my DBS approach and switch to my hammy, yet again But thanks to the DBS i go like 11k/5d.

    Oh, and I wreck other kids with the DBS no problem. It is indeed a gun of skill because a lot of kids don't know what they're doing with it and I just maul them to death. If it were a noob gun then no matter who held it, it would be a fair fight in a DBS v DBS situation. But that is so not true, lol. Sorry for my wall of text but I'm a Gears vet, love the DBS and rip people apart with it, because I'm good, and not because the gun is op.

    tl;dr

    Is there a game where you actually like every gun in mp? Lets be honest, in every game there's that one gun that pisses you off. Get over it.
    Gears 1 1490/2000G
    Gears 2 1750/1750G
    Originally Posted by WikkrMan
    And soon they will tell everyone that the statue will ship with every edition of the game along with everything else exclusive.

  21. #21
    Redeemer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,365
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Turtle groper

    Default

    And here I was like a sucker believing that Gears 3 MP was more about lancer and tatical gameplay rather than the Gears 2 rush and die to Sawn-off.

    Also i've only died twice to sawn-off, I think its OK, hasn't ruined anything for me
    Tai, RAAM, Theron Sentinal, Cyclops, Bolter, Skorge, RAAM, Kim, Classic Prescott, Classic Hoffman.

  22. #22
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    264

    Default

    The OP and all the other crybabies just get killed too much. If the DBS wasn't in they would go and b*tch over something else because gaming can be frustrative. And of course, there are a few exceptions on this matter but most people refuse or can't even see their own cons.

  23. #23
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xNevermind1982x

    Default

    I LOVE the Sawm-off! It's a BEAST's gun. If EPIC touch it, I will be very dissapointed. The sawn-off game mechanic is something we need to learn and that can only be achieved over time.

  24. #24
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    235
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: RMcNeil213 PSN ID: RMcNeil213

    Default

    funny cause i think it's only the noobs who cant get around the sawed off. maybe there's something wrong with how you play. what? are you mad you cant just run around with the gnasher and have no consequences? how bout trying to figure out the game more and then you'll see how ridiculous you sound. in the beta i was getting killed a ton by the SO but then i learned to destroy people with it and i usually win those battles now.
    Gears Of War 2

    \\★//
    7/3/11

    Delfino hooked me up with my Grean Liquid XBox skin.

  25. #25
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Dumb thread, sawed off is fine. Good luck returning an opened disc.

  26. #26

    Default

    Oh I didnt realise your friends accounted for the whole of the community. No one is going to take back the game over the DBS, because it isnt a problem and can be easily beaten. It isnt going to get taken out, it doesnt need to be taken out.

    And to the second guy - the gib range is not further than the gib range on the Gnasher.


    Some of you are out of control with these embellishments.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  27. #27

    Default

    Another whining, stupid, pointless thread.

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKOUT 9781 View Post
    Another whining, stupid, pointless thread.

    This. This. This.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Nice Find. It was a legit bug and fixed in the retail version today.

    So once Gears 3 releases, when you use the torque, take a bit of pride in knowing you helped make it better

  29. #29
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    69
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Clutch Cat4lyst

    Default

    Not sure why everyone complains about the sawed off, I find it painfully easy to kill someone trying to use it because they basically can't do anything to you unless you walk right into them.

  30. #30
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    316
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Doc Rivers

    Default

    "Me and my friends are taking it back...BUT IF YOU CHANGE THIS FOR ME BLAH BLAH."

    So you're trying to convince Epic to patch something that kills you more than other weapons, and to get what you want you say you and your friends will return it? Over a weapon? Are you like 14? Grow up. It's painfully easy to kill people who use the Sawed Off because they want you to come close, and they become obsessed with that to the point where they'll move towards you even after they miss.
    Behold the King. The King of Kings.
    \\//

    GOW2: 9.16.11
    GOW3: 10.5.12

  31. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,816
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Tails 8566

    Default

    I can beat a DBS user with a Hammerburst at close range, its not as hard as everyone believes.

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,741
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: ben1bob

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Beast View Post
    I think the DBS could be the death of this game, kind of like the noob tube. If they don't at least make it to what they said they would I could see it getting old very quick.
    yeah i think the weapon could potentially be the death of this game...

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    540
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Clearly Balkan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DylanN89 View Post
    Ok so we all know how cheap the weapon is... And I just want to makea comment that a TON of my friends and there friends are going to take back the game because of the sawed-off in multiplayer..... its an OVERKILL never played gears before type of weapon.... a person who knows how to double tap the a button and roll can kill anyone up 2 4 times..... with that weapon and be absolutely terrible and pathedic.... we need ot start a petition to EPIC to make it a power weapon... or jus completly gone.... this is seriously the biggest buzz kill ive ever had...... even worse than when my dad walked in on me having sex wiith his wife... HAHAHA jk for real tho... TAKE AWAY THE SAWED OFF OR FIX IT BEFORE PEOPLE TAKE BACK THIS GAME
    Ha-ha .... revolt ... please return the game. We don't need crybabies like you. Your MW3 comes soon so cry me a river boy.

  34. #34
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1bob View Post
    yeah i think the weapon could potentially be the death of this game...
    It could be the death of you in this game son.

  35. #35
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    321
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Erwintjeh

    Default

    People who will get frustatred of the DBS users and don't know how to overcome this should bring there copy back to the store and pick another game. I don't believe Epic will change the DBS. They wanted diversity and they made it happen. Most people adapted to it and still enjoy the game. They won't care about whiners not playing.

  36. #36
    Marrow Fiend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Holly Springs, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,772
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A CANADIAN

    Default

    I'm going to take my toys and GO HOME. LOL. What is this a sandbox? Honestly most times I die it's from the gnasher or retro. Not the DBS. I've been owning most of them guys. Not sure what the issue is here really. They have to get pretty close to you to get the kill. That is YOUR advantage. Use it. Don't be a poor player. Seriously. I hate getting splatted by that thing too from behind or the side, but every weapon has advantages. You just need to learn how to play some Gears. Seriously. Making idle threats like that is sad. I've not heard anything from any of my friends. My friends play alot of varied games. LAst night I had 24 guys online playing Gears out of 32 online. Not one of them have complained or so I've heard. Interesting that...
    Gears player since day 1 - - Get you some
    Thank-you Cher for A Fenix and SGE & BRUTE for Young Marcus and III LYCAN III for TM skin.
    ___,....--!--..---......,,,,í_
    ||___---_íc╗(\)╠╠╠╠╠╠||||||==
    . /_/-' l__}|--------IIIIIIII-777777/

  37. #37
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    152
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xMIx psycho

    Default

    Although I hate the dbs, and think anyone who uses it is a scrub, its not worth taking the game back. If u were a decent player u'd learn to avoid it. The thing I hate isn't the gun, it's the cheap ass people who just hide around a corner shoot, and if they miss go running away to reload. Basically the way I see it is this, noob's will use it, but if u REALLY have skill, u'll learn to coap and scrape the floor with any dbs user.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xMIxpsycho?feature=mhum
    My favorite multiplayers games of all time:
    1) CS
    2) TF2
    3) Battlefield 2 (not bad company)

  38. #38
    Prisoner 849
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NyC!
    Posts
    933
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xBOSSx LEGACY

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownLikeClown View Post
    I think the DBS provides people the incentive to actually analyze the scenario they're in and how they can manipulate their environment to overcome the camper.

    For instance, in Gears 1 and 2, it was just rush with gnasher, wallbounce and hopefully win. That is no longer the only way (and in most cases its the wrong way) to pick someone out of cover.

    In Gears 3, you have a wide array of ways to get that camper. Get the digger or nades. Flank him and use your rifle/shotgun. Spot him so you and your team can gank him.

    I freaking love the possibilities.
    What you just said was right on the money. I played like the way i would play gears 2 and got destroyed many times with the DBS.


    <<<<<<GT>>>>>>AndYsGR8sKILLs

  39. #39
    MSgt. Shooter Person
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    363
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: StuartD MFC

    Default

    way to show everyone that your not capable of killing someone with a sawed off, i think its fine, plenty of ways to fight it and not die. Just like every other weapon.

    if you take your game back, thats upto you, we wont miss you.
    STOP COMPLAINING! Gears3 is 100x better than Gears2! Stop the QQ and get on with the PEW PEW!


    CoG: Hoffman/Adam Fenix
    Locust: Savage Kantus/Savage theron
    Loadout: Xbox Lancer/Golden Gnasher

    Thanks To ShadowSniper V2 for giving me the Green Metal Skin Code <3

  40. #40

    Default

    Seriously , this weapon suck !

    Epic must delete this from the game !


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •