Thread: Map rotation...

Default Map rotation...

I got the game this morning and it's amazing. There are a few problems here and there *cough* sawed off *cough*, but overall it's a huge step up from any of the previous games, and I can see myself playing it for a long while with friends.

Now, onto my issue/complaint. The map rotation. What is going on? I played on thrashball today 3 out of 6 games earlier in the same lobby. I played for more than 5 hours straight today, and I only played sandbar once, and gridlock twice. I must have played thrashball 12 times, old town at least 10, and trenches like 8. WHY?! It seems like the games map rotation is set to completely random.

It went like this for me all day:
    Thrashball
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Trenches
    Checkout
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Overpass
    Checkout
    Hotel
    Thrashball
    Hotel
    Sandbar
    Checkout
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Overpass
    Gridlock

I know I'm missing some, still getting used to map names. Either way the rotation seems crazy wonky. Anyone else notice this?

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I AlgaeEater I

Quote Originally Posted by covertpetersen View Post
    I got the game this morning and it's amazing. There are a few problems here and there *cough* sawed off *cough*, but overall it's a huge step up from any of the previous games, and I can see myself playing it for a long while with friends.

Now, onto my issue/complaint. The map rotation. What is going on? I played on thrashball today 3 out of 6 games earlier in the same lobby. I played for more than 5 hours straight today, and I only played sandbar once, and gridlock twice. I must have played thrashball 12 times, old town at least 10, and trenches like 8. WHY?! It seems like the games map rotation is set to completely random.

It went like this for me all day:
    Thrashball
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Trenches
    Checkout
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Overpass
    Checkout
    Hotel
    Thrashball
    Hotel
    Sandbar
    Checkout
    Old Town
    Thrashball
    Overpass
    Gridlock

I know I'm missing some, still getting used to map names. Either way the rotation seems crazy wonky. Anyone else notice this?

play ranked... duh. Vote for ur maps -.-

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: K1NG SPENC3

Yea, played some social koth and got thrashball and mercy back to back 4 times in a row. Then it went back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeWaitWhat View Post
    DBS scrubs, I suggest to you, to adapt to the Gnasher. You've had 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BobcatWithASaddle View Post
    play ranked... duh. Vote for ur maps -.-
    How about I get used to gears multiplayer again first? I shouldn't be forced to play ranked just to play all the maps. They should have a proper rotation.

Banned

yes. the map rotation blows ass. glad others are speaking up about it. ALL I EVER GET is Old Town. Not 1 game on Mercy yet.

also, how come nobody joins after 3 consecutive matches if there are no humans on the other team (they all quit)

i hate backing out because we always join in losing badly with no chance.

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NiteChylde

Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post
    yes. the map rotation blows ass. glad others are speaking up about it. ALL I EVER GET is Old Town. Not 1 game on Mercy yet.

also, how come nobody joins after 3 consecutive matches if there are no humans on the other team (they all quit)

^-- This!

It's Trenches I've not played yet, though, and Overpass just once.
    Gnasher/Retro | Dom/Bernie | Savage Theron

Banned

I only got to play on trenches once. And like I said. As if it wasn't bad enough that I keep having to play the same maps, I have to keep playing the same beta maps. There aren't many maps as it is, so there is no excuse for this. I don't want to play on old town anymore and like 80% of the time o quit out, it I old town again

Skaarj
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SirJoe71

from Joe Graf

@EpicCog Joe Graf
    @ARetroVeteran "@EpicCog Umm.... There's a little problem on the map order while playing #Gears3." Yes, I over randomized things. Future TU

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xGAx BLUE CHIP

Quote Originally Posted by Richtophen View Post

Lucky you Mercy sucks...lol.. naw it's ok I get the same screwed up map cycle.. We played Overpass 5 out of 8 games last night... I like over pass but seriously...
    signature removed by admin- over allowed size

Thanks Admin I'm used to being told that.

Banned

I dont even care.if mercy sucks. It is just ridiculous how it has never showed up for me yet and I can count the number times that I've played on new maps with one hand. I don't like how few maps we have to begin with. At least 3 are locked on the disc for no good apparent reason and since gears 2 had the flashback pack for free on day 1, this game actually has less starting maps than the last one.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3arbaria7V PSN ID: Oo_Celsius_Oo

Yea I noticed that last night when i was playing.....Joe said he's got it covered so no worries
    The I3arbaria7V Lives
    Favorite Chars - Clayton Carmine/Classic Baird
    Current Lvl - 84
    The loudest one...is always the weakest..

Just played trenches, mercy, trenches, mercy, trenches... Then I quit and the same thing happened with old Town and gridlock in that lobby...

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xx MATT71 xx PSN ID: Matt_vt_Schlo1

Quote Originally Posted by SirJoe View Post
    from Joe Graf

@EpicCog Joe Graf
    @ARetroVeteran "@EpicCog Umm.... There's a little problem on the map order while playing #Gears3." Yes, I over randomized things. Future TU
    well if we had more than 9 new maps on day 1, may not have been a problem
    Epic: thank you for a great run!!!!! and I forgive you for Judgment!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
    well if we had more than 9 new maps on day 1, may not have been a problem
    When I play 6 games and only play two maps the problem isn't lack of maps, it's a stupid amount of randomization.