MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: X Filtrator PSN ID: Da_Nerf_Herder

Default Aaron Griffin not unlocking!

When I check my charecter unlocks for Gears 3 the Aaron Griffin is still locked. I got the code a while ago from FaceBook. I went to the FB page today to get the code, but when I entered it into XBL, it said the code had already been redeemed. I re-started my console and checked again, and still no Griffin. I turned the console off yet again, and went back to the FB page where my Griffin code is, but this time I hit the button underneath the code to go to Xbox Live. It took me to XBL and logged me in with the correct gamertag (X Filtrator), so I know the code/FaceBook account IS correctly linked to the proper gamer tag, but there's still no Griffin unlocked.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get a new code or something? I was really looking forward to playing as this guy, so what gives?

All my other stuff has unlocked it seems: my flame skins from Beta, Gold skins for Veteran Achievement, Chrome Hammerburst for 'Dirty, Dirty Horde', Chrome Retro for 'Domination' achievement, and the Chrome Sawed-off for Gears 1 PC achievements. Even my Cole Train from Beta is unlocked.

I know plenty of people have had trouble with unlocks, and I'm very happy/lucky that my other items are available, but it doesn't diminish my disappointment about not being able to use Griffin.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE!!!: apparently Griffin IS unlocked when I go to multi-player and choose my charecter, but it still says that Griffin is locked when I look at the list of unlocked charecters from the 'Stats and Awards' selection in the main menu. So even though it says it is locked, I can use him in multi-player. Is that weird or what?

Are there 2 Aaron Griffins charecter skins in Gears 3? The one that says it is still locked is connected to something named 'Big Money' that has 4 stars. The only problem is I can't seem to find an achievement called 'Big Money.'

What is the 'Big Money' requirement to unlock the Griffin from the charecter list? Is this the alternate method for unlocking the FaceBook Griffin, but it isn't active yet? I remember reading that getting Griffin via FB was just an early unlock, and that Griffin would be available for unlock by other means in the future. Could 'Big Money' be a future achievement that'll be added later?
    Last edited by Nerf_Herder; 09-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

Please make sure you have downloaded it and it appears in your system settings under Gears of War 3. If it does not appear, please redownload it under recently downloaded.

Mine says he's locked but i can choose him when i select which character i want to play as. Not sure if it's what your experiencing or not but worth a shot.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xxFatGummyHeadx

i have him unlocked but Marcus comes up even when I change between waves .

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHePZ

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf_Herder View Post
    When I check my charecter unlocks for Gears 3 the Aaron Griffin is still locked. I got the code a while ago from FaceBook. I went to the FB page today to get the code, but when I entered it into XBL, it said the code had already been redeemed. I re-started my console and checked again, and still no Griffin. I turned the console off yet again, and went back to the FB page where my Griffin code is, but this time I hit the button underneath the code to go to Xbox Live. It took me to XBL and logged me in with the correct gamertag (X Filtrator), so I know the code/FaceBook account IS correctly linked to the proper gamer tag, but there's still no Griffin unlocked.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get a new code or something? I was really looking forward to playing as this guy, so what gives?

All my other stuff has unlocked it seems: my flame skins from Beta, Gold skins for Veteran Achievement, Chrome Hammerburst for 'Dirty, Dirty Horde', Chrome Retro for 'Domination' achievement, and the Chrome Sawed-off for Gears 1 PC achievements. Even my Cole Train from Beta is unlocked.

I know plenty of people have had trouble with unlocks, and I'm very happy/lucky that my other items are available, but it doesn't diminish my disappointment about not being able to use Griffin.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE!!!: apparently Griffin IS unlocked when I go to multi-player and choose my charecter, but it still says that Griffin is locked when I look at the list of unlocked charecters from the 'Stats and Awards' selection in the main menu. So even though it says it is locked, I can use him in multi-player. Is that weird or what?

Are there 2 Aaron Griffins charecter skins in Gears 3? The one that says it is still locked is connected to something named 'Big Money' that has 4 stars. The only problem is I can't seem to find an achievement called 'Big Money.'

What is the 'Big Money' requirement to unlock the Griffin from the charecter list? Is this the alternate method for unlocking the FaceBook Griffin, but it isn't active yet? I remember reading that getting Griffin via FB was just an early unlock, and that Griffin would be available for unlock by other means in the future. Could 'Big Money' be a future achievement that'll be added later?
    Big money is a medal for spending x amount in horde. Sorry can't remember the $ amount

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: X Filtrator PSN ID: Da_Nerf_Herder

Quote Originally Posted by sheps45 View Post
    Big money is a medal for spending x amount in horde. Sorry can't remember the $ amount
    Thanks for the info!

Veteran
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: V e v i o n

Try re-downloading it by going to your download history on the dashboard and see if that works.
    Here comes the Pain
    If you have a twitter, please follow! <3
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/vevion
    Live Stream : www.twitch.tv/vevion