Hybrid View

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Agent Bourbon

Default Weapons on a player's back

We still cannot see the weapons on a players back, except when playing split screen. The same problem happened in Gears of War 2, and I am interested to know if this will be fixed. It is a huge tactical advantage to know what weapons people are carrying, and to see them carrying a Sawed Off while their lancer is on their back is a huge deal. Sometimes the weapon on their back is more important, such as a sniper rifle, a torque bow, or even a boom shot or hammer of dawn. If we could see the weapons on their back, we would know what kind of situation we would be running into, which was a big problem in Gears of War 2: I could hide the boom shot and torque bow on my back, and only a split screen pair or host would know. Nobody else could see it unless they were on my team. Knowing what weapons the enemy has on them is a big thing, and I would like to see this fixed.
    Ywaq puul skshgn: on'ma yeh'glu zuq. Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul. Sk'uuyat guulphg hoq. Sk'magg yawifk hoq. Sk'shgn eqnizz hoq.
    They drink your fear: it is the blood of life. Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell. Your agony sustains me. Your suffering strengthens me. Your fear drives me.

Boomshot
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rtma

I thought you couldn't see the enemies weapons was intentional.
    My Player Data was Reset(Late Afternoon, 31 Oct 2010, Progress Lost {+10 GMT}) Feel Free to talk to me or Check my Profile Page, if you like to learn a bit about me. ^.-.^
    Preferred COG - Aaron Griffin Preferred Locust - Theron/Golden Locust/Myrrah Preferred Weapon Skins - Rifles - Deadly Cute. Shotguns - Ultraviolet - It's so FABULOUS, I love it.
    My Suggestion to make the Sawed-Off Shotgun a viable option Thread. Looking for some Australian/NZ Friends to play Gears of War 3 with me, Click for Criteria. Survival Versus Mode Game type Concept! Click & Take a look.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

No it was never intentional. It removes a tactical advantage from the game.
    Ywaq puul skshgn: on'ma yeh'glu zuq. Gul'kafh an'shel. Yoq'al shn ky ywaq nuul. Sk'uuyat guulphg hoq. Sk'magg yawifk hoq. Sk'shgn eqnizz hoq.
    They drink your fear: it is the blood of life. Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell. Your agony sustains me. Your suffering strengthens me. Your fear drives me.

Prisoner 849
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SIiced Bread

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Zombie View Post
    I think you MAY have answered your own question. Maybe they are not keen on giving ANY advantage or atleast less then before?

I dunno. It's what I'm thinking.

Palace Guard

Just because you think it removes a tactical advantage does not mean it wasn't intentional...

That being said though, I agree with you original point and I would like to know what weapons other players are carrying. This might not be the best example, but if I walk up behind two players and one has lancer/hammy and the other has a boomshot...I'm killing the guy with the boomshot first.
    WE EAT TONIGHT!
    I preach civility on the forums and do my best to maintain and advance discussions that are as informative as they are polite.

\\*//::HIGH FIVE:: ::CHEST BUMP:: ::ASS SLAP::\\*//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NoelTheMole

Pretty sure it's intentional. It gives you a sense of not knowing what to expect, and to be cautious.
    Death To The Gnasher!

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JaquesThePepin View Post
    Pretty sure it's intentional. It gives you a sense of not knowing what to expect, and to be cautious.
    That doesn't make sense. If they wanted that then why would they show your team mates weapons as well? Why allow players that are playing split screen and host be able to see the other teams weapons? It used to be a graphical issue that games didn't need to show the weapons on a character, but now it just doesn't make sense that a greatly animated game like Gears of War would not show you enemies weapons.

You shouldn't be able to see what your enemy has on his back, it gives the enemy a element of surprise. And even if you can't see them you can see on the bottom left some1 picked up boom or sniper, so why any need to see the weapons on backs lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AddishunsUJelly View Post
    You shouldn't be able to see what your enemy has on his back, it gives the enemy a element of surprise. And even if you can't see them you can see on the bottom left some1 picked up boom or sniper, so why any need to see the weapons on backs lol.
    everyone thats saying you shouldnt be able to see a players weapons and it was intentional obvisouly dont know nothing about gears... you are SUPPOSED to be able to see the weapons on a players back.. its not intentional, its a glitch

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KloHunt3r

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    everyone thats saying you shouldnt be able to see a players weapons and it was intentional obvisouly dont know nothing about gears... you are SUPPOSED to be able to see the weapons on a players back.. its not intentional, its a glitch
    Can you supply some kind of source stating that the developer's intention was for players to be able to see what weapons an enemy is carrying on their back? It's rash (and downright stupid if you ask me) to say someone "knows nothing about Gears" if they disagree with you on this point.

It's a fairly significant gameplay aspect, and I doubt there are any technical limitations preventing the developers from making carried weapons visible. So if you can't see weapons on opponents' backs then it seems like it was pretty intentional.
    Last edited by KloHunt3r; 09-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.

MSgt. Shooter Person

didnt the weapons have lights including the sawed off?
    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and a death for a death.

Iron Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: peinnoir2324

So much for knowing nothing about Gears, eh? Keep the insults to yourself next time, bub.
    Stranded: We don't have any food to spare, and we wouldn't be trading with you COG assholes anyway! (Eyes Sam) I'd give you a side of bacon for her, though.
    Clay: Mmmm... bacon.
    Proud owner of exclusive SDCC Gears poster signed by Cliff, Rod, Carlos Ferro, Greg Mitchell, and Aisha Tyler.

Palace Guard

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAActually...you can see your teammates weapons on their backs, you can't see your opponents. It's not a glitch. It's intentional. People might not agree if it's good or bad, but it's definitely intentional.
    WE EAT TONIGHT!
    I preach civility on the forums and do my best to maintain and advance discussions that are as informative as they are polite.

\\*//::HIGH FIVE:: ::CHEST BUMP:: ::ASS SLAP::\\*//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TH33 PUN15H3R

I never noticed, and without seeing this thread never would have.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

You cannot see the weapons on an enemies back, and it would be great if that were to change.

Super Moderator

Not being able to see the weapon sitting on an opponents back IS intentional.
    Game QA | Epic Games
    Follow me on Twitter!

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Deeflin

lol /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by FelisLeo View Post
    In beta those who were good with Retro got to be REALLY good with it. So it was tweaked in ways that made it harder to use.
    In Gears those who are good with Gnasher are REALLY good with it. So... it was NOT tweaked in ways that would make it harder to use.
    \\★//

MSgt. Shooter Person
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ITS SHAWN LIVE

it was intentional since gears 1(can see enemies weapons on back)that's how its been so let it be and get over it
    Last edited by ColeTrain420; 09-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Redeemer
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTrain420 View Post
    it was intentional since gears 1(can see enemies weapons on back)that's how its been so let it be and get over it
    When your host. Unless your host or playing split screen, then it will not display the enemies weapons on their back, which makes it a glitch. Why would the host and a split the screen pair be able to see weapons on an enemies back while the rest of your team cannot unless they are the same? It's a glitch, plain and simple and EPIC should fix it.

Palace Guard
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: IDeadWork

When your host. Unless your host or playing split screen, then it will not display the enemies weapons on their back, which makes it a glitch. Why would the host and a split the screen pair be able to see weapons on an enemies back while the rest of your team cannot unless they are the same? It's a glitch, plain and simple and EPIC should fix it.
    its not a glitch. you got your response from epic ...

Quote Originally Posted by TroyMcClure View Post
    Not being able to see the weapon sitting on an opponents back IS intentional.
    Www.YouTube.com/IDeadWork - comment, like, subscribe.

Super Moderator

Host is unable to see weapons on an enemies back...

If you CAN see the weapons on an enemies back, you need to bring that up in the Issues Forum so we can resolve it.
    Last edited by TroyMcClure; 09-19-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Game QA | Epic Games
    Follow me on Twitter!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ThexCrusher

If you're looking for tactical advantage, maybe direct your eyes to the kill feed in the lower left of the screen that says in big bright letters who picks up what weapon. I think that's more obvious and easier. And besides, if you're looking at the enemy's back they should be dead in a few moments...